Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,379 members, 7,815,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Why Don't Most Nigerians Go To The Bank With A Pen? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Don't Most Nigerians Go To The Bank With A Pen? (1319 Views)

Man Seen In Bank With Two Trousers To Withdraw Money (Photo) / BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man / Nigerian Bank With The Best Domiciliary Account System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Most Nigerians Go To The Bank With A Pen? by Raxxye(m): 4:08pm On Dec 12, 2011
I have noticed over the years that most Nigerians do not go to the bank with pens. The constant words you hear around the counters are: "please can I use your pen", "please lend me your biro", "Bros, make I use your pen",etc.

I have lost count of the number of pens I've lost in the bank. I wish to ask you if you have lost your pens, or you have gone with someone's. Why do people just walk into the bank without a pen when they know they'll definitely need it?
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerians Go To The Bank With A Pen? by afrobaby(f): 5:04pm On Dec 12, 2011
cos it is the responsibility of the bank to provide the pen, that's why most Customer Service officer in d bank have pens on their tables
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerians Go To The Bank With A Pen? by Raxxye(m): 7:42am On Dec 13, 2011
afrobaby:

cos it is the responsibility of the bank to provide the pen, that's why most Customer Service officer in d bank have pens on their tables
Then it must be that it‘s not all banks that offer the “pen-provision services“,or it doesn‘t go round,cos customers keep asking each other for it
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerians Go To The Bank With A Pen? by ajadek(m): 7:56am On Dec 13, 2011
I go wit someone pen last wek@ gtb ketu branch,it was nt intensional b4 i througth wit d pen,the ladies has gone.
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerians Go To The Bank With A Pen? by sovpounds(m): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2011
even when a bank was providing branded pens for customers, sometimes I take the pen away mistakenly. most times I realize when I have left the bank. i guess i am usually absent minded when ever i'm in a bank.
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerians Go To The Bank With A Pen? by okeyxyz(m): 5:01pm On Dec 13, 2011
You just asked the question on my mind any time i'm in a bank. really annoying.
I'm beginning to think that an adult that walks the streets without a pen in his pocket is someone without a plan. Really, a pen has got to be one of the most essential commodities for any thinking, person of purpose.
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerians Go To The Bank With A Pen? by cbainfo: 6:09pm On Dec 13, 2011
^^^ Agreed.
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerians Go To The Bank With A Pen? by Fhemmmy: 7:13pm On Dec 13, 2011
okeyxyz:

You just asked the question on my mind any time i'm in a bank. really annoying.
I'm beginning to think that an adult that walks the streets without a pen in his pocket is someone without a plan. Really, a pen has got to be one of the most essential commodities for any thinking, person of purpose.

Are you for real?
So a man without a pen while walking around is a man without a plan . . . . . . . Na wa oh for several kinda analogy.

What if he is a gadget man?
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerians Go To The Bank With A Pen? by VideoBills(m): 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2011
Talking about myself, I once was used to taking a pen to the bank whenever I know I was going to fill a teller, but had to stop when I realized that I was fond of leaving my Pen behind at the Bank due to the same reason just mentioned above. I often forget to either pick it up from where I filled my teller or probably leave it in the hands of someone who had to lend it from me.
Re: Why Don't Most Nigerians Go To The Bank With A Pen? by CHIMSKY(m): 8:29pm On Dec 13, 2011
Most Nigerians dont write.Our minds are always on how to strike the next deal.We are not in love with books or writing right now.When I was younger ppl walked into the bank with their own pens.Now they dont because its possible that in the whole week the only time h/she will actually use a pen is those 30 minutes spent at the bank.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Most Nigerians Go To The Bank With A Pen? by Raxxye(m): 9:47pm On Mar 30, 2012
CHIMSKY: Most Nigerians dont write.Our minds are always on how to strike the next deal.We are not in love with books or writing right now.When I was younger ppl walked into the bank with their own pens.Now they dont because its possible that in the whole week the only time h/she will actually use a pen is those 30 minutes spent at the bank.

True talk,bro. I cannot but wonder “which way Nigeria?“

(1) (Reply)

I Need Cashew Nuts For Export / Is Standardgoldng Legit Want To Fund My Lr / .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.