Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Left Handed People Evil? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Left Handed People Evil? (2069 Views)

Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! / What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed / Left Handed People Are more Intelligent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Left Handed People Evil? by scopusng(m): 8:08am On Dec 13, 2011
I went to the supermarket yesterday to buy Xmas clothes for my children and after the purchased I wanted to collect my change back from the seller with my left hand surprisingly the lady refused and said I should stretch my right hand if I wanted my change back. So,I had to do that before I could get my change back from her. Why do some people in this country always believe that a left handed people are evil or brings bad luck to the society? Is left handed a negative trait?
Re: Left Handed People Evil? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:50pm On Dec 13, 2011
you must never except money from left hand. that is cultral norm. left symbolizes the bad side and right, the good.
Re: Left Handed People Evil? by scopusng(m): 8:51am On Dec 16, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

you must never except money from left hand. that is cultral norm. left symbolizes the bad side and right, the good.

What cultural norm? I don't don't agree with you.
Re: Left Handed People Evil? by AmakaG29(f): 10:15pm On Dec 16, 2011
I'm left handed. I must say, I can be pretty bad. You know jay walking and eating dessert before dinner.
Re: Left Handed People Evil? by manmustwac(m): 5:37pm On Dec 23, 2011
scopusng:

I went to the supermarket yesterday to buy Xmas clothes for my children and after the purchased I wanted to collect my change back from the seller with my left hand surprisingly the lady refused and said I should stretch my right hand if I wanted my change back. So,I had to do that before I could get my change back from her. Why do some people in this country always believe that a left handed people are evil or brings bad luck to the society? Is left handed a negative trait?
its african mentality my friend. If that same woman was here in england a developed country and given her change with a left hand by a white person she would never refuse to accept it because she would realize that it would make her look like a BACKWARDS person.
Re: Left Handed People Evil? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:53pm On Dec 23, 2011
scopusng:

What cultural norm? I don't don't agree with you.

my friend. dont you use your left hand for cleaning your behind after defecation and for all other dirty work. this is why. tongue

(1) (Reply)

I Nealy Ran Mad- Young Man Who Bent Down In Lagos Market Narrates / Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi Complete Biography / Nigeria's Okada Culture: Good Or Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.