Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

How Do I Fast? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Fast? (793 Views)

Can I Fast From 1pm To 10pm / Can I Fast Without Sahur? / How Can I Fast And Pray Even Though Am On Medication? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Fast? by ghboytelle(m): 7:05am On Dec 14, 2011
i want to fast because i want to prove to God ,that i am serious about my prayer to help my sick mom.

please tell me how do i fast properly?

do i not eat at night or something like that
Re: How Do I Fast? by ghboytelle(m): 7:22am On Dec 14, 2011
i seriously have no clue how to fast . plz help this is no joke embarassed
Re: How Do I Fast? by Joagbaje(m): 7:54am On Dec 14, 2011
This threads might help I created them for purpose like this.

WHY DO WE NEED TO FAST? Dos and donts of fasting
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-813423.0.html

HOW DID YOU ARCHIEVE LONG FASTING
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-816628.0.html
Re: How Do I Fast? by ghboytelle(m): 7:59am On Dec 14, 2011
Joagbaje:

This thread might help I created it for purpose like this.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-816628.0.html

thank you god bless you brother
Re: How Do I Fast? by Image123(m): 10:44am On Dec 14, 2011
Op, you don't need to fast to prove to God that you're serious. He knows if you are serious or not already. You don't need to fast to force or armtwist God. All you need is to believe when you pray. Of course anyone who believes God would fear Him and be holy.
Re: How Do I Fast? by mabell: 7:44pm On Dec 14, 2011
Fasting is a demonstration of faith
It is added to prayers
It is a time when one is separated to hear from God deep truths concerning a particular situation
Re: How Do I Fast? by Image123(m): 10:13pm On Dec 14, 2011
All this talk about deep truth and greater light is impure nonsense and man's doctrine or worse still, satanic.
Re: How Do I Fast? by Joagbaje(m): 11:06pm On Dec 14, 2011
Image123:

All this talk about deep truth and greater light is impure nonsense and man's doctrine or worse still, satanic.

You just simply say you don't understand it. That's more honourable
Re: How Do I Fast? by Joagbaje(m): 11:08pm On Dec 14, 2011
mabell:

Fasting is a demonstration of faith
It is added to prayers
It is a time when one is separated to hear from God deep truths concerning a particular situation

You're right lady. Fasting is a proof of strong desire and hunger for deeper things of the spirit . There's some things you may not get until you add fasting.
Re: How Do I Fast? by Image123(m): 12:28am On Dec 15, 2011
Joagbaje:

You just simply say you don't understand it. That's more honourable
Don't understand what?
Re: How Do I Fast? by plappville(f): 12:40am On Dec 15, 2011
Image123:

grin grin My broda small small na, what makes it satanic? I guess she told the correct thing. Ur comment was also good.
But u know as christian we ought to fast. She has a fait already, i strongly believe if she follow her faith, he mum will be healed in Jesus name amen.
Re: How Do I Fast? by Image123(m): 9:02am On Dec 15, 2011
@plap
I'm not attacking what she said on faith or on fasting. What i'm talking of is the spread of 'deeper truths and greater lights'. There's nothing like that in the Bible. It's just a new fad of the 'ride on pastor' crew to impress the gullible and confuse the unstable.
Re: How Do I Fast? by Joagbaje(m): 8:11pm On Dec 21, 2011
There has always been greater knowledge of truths and lesser. God takes people from stage to stage.

1 Corinthians 13:11
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

1 Corinthians 3:2
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Hebrews 5:14
14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

(1) (Reply)

The World’s Happiest Country - (just 13% Go To Church) / Adeboye: The Church And Nigeria / Do Nemesis Really Exist or is it a scare tactics???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.