Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

How To Start A Clothing Line Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start A Clothing Line Business? (31274 Views)

How To Start A Chat Line Business / Opportunities In A Clothing Line Business / Please Is This Stuff About On Line Business Relly True, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by diyobdw(f): 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2006
I need ideas, tips or resources on what it entails to start a clothing line business. Anyone in the biz or have answers, please?
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by simmy(m): 1:14pm On Feb 25, 2006
Hey, I don't know much about the industry, but i know people who are willing to sponsor/back a talented designer, if you're interested.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by diyobdw(f): 11:01am On Feb 27, 2006
simmy:

Hey, I don't know much about the industry, but i know people who are willing to sponsor/back a talented designer, if you're interested.
ok now, im agreeing with you on this one. smiley tell me more! What will it take?
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by spikedcylinder: 6:45pm On Feb 27, 2006
when you say sponsor, you mean?
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by simmy(m): 1:18pm On Mar 02, 2006
I mean, invest, financially
But you'll have to prove you have what it takes to suceed in the business and that you've got some talent

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by wmoff: 10:16am On Mar 07, 2006
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by wmoff: 9:06pm On Mar 08, 2006
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by page(m): 3:29am On Mar 10, 2006
hello (wmoff@yahoo.com)
i will like to know how far u have gone, what help u might be needing, plans, strategies,prospects.
i sent u a mail, pls reply
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by raldsfield(m): 9:11pm On Mar 10, 2006
I have invested in the clothing business, i have got passion for it. I don't know what exactly you want to know.

Are you a tailor, or you want to just have your own label. Where is your location, what type of cloths are you

interested in making, African, native, or English wear. Who do you want to compete with, the likes of mark and Spencer or

the locals. I need to know to be able to give good and valid information. My first business in this field was in 1999.

Stopped about 2 years ago but i still have the passion for designing wears.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by maddycat(f): 6:03am On Mar 13, 2006
i think no matter where you are, you gotta know the market for sure.

just think of the basic marketing 4Ps: product, price, promotion and place(distribution)

ask yourself, who are your targets? baby? youth? young/old women or men? what kind of strategies are you gonna use? who are your potential competitors? your business mission? vission?

it sounds like a cliche but do make a full business plan with detailed "what if" senario like a flow chart, you will know exactly what you need to do while doing these preparations before you really start the business.

good luck!

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by diyobdw(f): 8:05am On Mar 13, 2006
raldsfield:

I have invested in the clothing business, i have got passion for it. I don't know what exactly you want to know.

Are you a tailor, or you want to just have your own label. Where is your location, what type of cloths are you

interested in making, African, native, or English wear. Who do you want to compete with, the likes of mark and Spencer or

the locals. I need to know to be able to give good and valid information. My first business in this field was in 1999.

Stopped about 2 years ago but i still have the passion for designing wears.
Thanx . Am more of a designer i don't know how to sew at all.i design majorly casual wear and most for slack materials like cotton, lycra etc .
Target market are girls between 10-27yrs.My competion will be from the locals and indirectly the mark and spencer's.
Why did you stop? hope you can work with the information i just gave.
Thanx maddycat!!your suggestionhas been noted
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by raldsfield(m): 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2006
Sorry it took me a bit of a time to reply you.

Your target market is okay, I think what you need is to get a good tailors or employ them, depending on how much you have to invest in the business. Am in the UK, now that is why i had to stop, but it is a field i still have much interest, giving the band on importation of cloths.

In Lagos you can source for materials in Yaba, and Lagos island (mandalas) or for the best and unique of material, you have to travel down to ABA, you will be surprise with the kind of materials you will get there, Aba also has a lot of talented tailors who can bring you ideas to reality.

Also u have to consider the class of people you want to be your customers before you produce so that they can be able to afford the cloths. Middle class will be okay for a start.

If you have any specific question, questions you can ask me. I will try my best to answer in the best way i can.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by ZOOTO(m): 12:29am On Mar 25, 2006
i should have known or seen this forum a long time ago, i usually enter the fashion forum, but this is exactly where i have been looking for. anyway, i am a fashion designer too, do not sew but have a great deal of wonderful designs of about 80 collections. target market are the middle class paid employees. i have been into the business for about 2 years now but would still need some strong financial backup somewhere. i also have a couple of customers in the UK who takes some to sell there.
if there's anyone interested to invest in me should pls contact me via dre01_4_real@yahoo.com
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by omogenaija(f): 4:11am On Aug 21, 2006
can u post some of ur designs please , so we have an idea of ur style of designin
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by princeeze3(m): 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2007
hello,where you think of getting the raw materials for the cloth?we am in china,if you need any help in business line for getting you some materials.feel free to contact me.
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by princeeze3(m): 5:22pm On Jul 08, 2007
sorry,i mean,am in china.so if you need anything from china.feel free to contact me.
thanks
prince ezeh
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by abbana(f): 7:18pm On Apr 27, 2008
@ prince eze,

I need jarsey materials from your end ( China ). Any knowledge of that?

If yes, then let me know how to get it and all other relevant things.

Thanks and waiting for your response.
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by lucabrasi(m): 10:11pm On Apr 27, 2008
prince_eze:

sorry,i mean,am in china.so if you need anything from china.feel free to contact me.
thanks
prince ezeh

my guy can u get good quality plain tee shirts of diffrent colours and plain hoodies to print on in large quantities
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by tailor(m): 3:24pm On Apr 28, 2008
Hi, i'M DAVID OTTAH a qualified tailor from ABA.
any body who need high quality made in nigeria suits , truoses and shirts.
contact me 08050391436 or kingdavid7b@yahoo.com.

KINGJAMES TAILORS
83 TENANT ROAD ABA.
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by themac(f): 10:56am On Jul 11, 2008
log on my : 'dirtyhiphophead' for a complete article
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by fashionboy: 5:18am On Sep 25, 2008
Hi guys,
I too was starting my clothing line, but was able refered to this freelance design company
He is awesome. Though I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU LEARN the market YOURSELF, but when you are too busy, or just need a helping hand,, then its good to know that people like this person are out there to help when needed
http://www.seakicreativeservices.com/
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by Horus(m): 6:50pm On Apr 06, 2009
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by apipony(m): 3:28am On Apr 13, 2009
Hello,all!

We are China garment manufacturer,we provide high quality and resonable price clothing,please visit our website and send us enquiry if you want to custom make clothing also stock from China,our company introduction as below:

We are socks manufacturer,underwear manufacturer,sportswear supplier specialized in CoolMax socks,seamless underwear,X-static socks,CoolMax underwear,CoolMax T-shirts,cycling jersey,CoolMax fabric,CoolMax Yarn.Our underwear,brief,sport bra and socks includes most of the performance and eco-friendly material such as Invista and DuPont's CoolMax,Thermolite,Lycra,Supplex,Tactel,also Cotton,Nylon,Wool,microfiber are available,Italy SANTONI seamless machine,we have garment inspectors in buying office and the third party inspection & test companies,so we can present new styles of lady polo shirt,sports socks,sweat shirts,dress,men's boxer brief underwear,sublimation printing t-shirts,nylon spandex seamless yoga wear.

For more styles and current production,please send us email,thanks!

Best Regards
Pony Gu
Email: pony@seamless-underwear.com
Mobile: +86-13482269047
Company:Shanghai Comfort Sportswear Co., Ltd
Tel: +0086-21-52161978 Fax: +0086-21-52162381
Address: No.18, Lane 658,Jinzhong Road, Changning District, Shanghai,China. Postcode: 200335
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by abdul1976(m): 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2009
Just curious guys does it mean if i have a company registered in Nigeria and my clothings i mean my brands manufacturers are in India, i cant still bring them into the country? Please help because i am starting my fashion and intend to open like the Marks and Spencer's in Uk and Primarks. Thanks
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by stagger: 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2009
Clothes (ready-made and second hand) are under the import prohibition list. So you cannot import them into Nigeria (unless you want them seized and "destroyed"wink.

Are you willing to pay to have a factory setup for you? Complete with all the required machines and more importantly, have your workers trained on how to sew clothes with patterns and computer-aided design software?

So that way, you have your standard clothes made right here and you won't have to worry about having your products being displayed on NTA as one of the heroics pulled off by the customs.
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by rewind(m): 11:25pm On Nov 06, 2011
Hi.gud pple.my name is emmanuel.i draw sketches of clothes.nd nw i want to start my clothing label.i dnt knw hw to go abt these.pls i nid ur help
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by LagBlogger(m): 2:42am On Nov 07, 2011
You may also want to read Selling Clothes in Nigeria
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by hesome: 5:22pm On Nov 25, 2011
Hesomes Clothing Co. designs, sew and brand in bulk quantity the following materials: Polo, Shirt, Roundnecks, Sportwears, Gymn wears etc at affordable prices with new designs and good material at all times.

For enquiry contact: 018401108, 07035540904, 07052333990.

Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by stagger: 9:10pm On Nov 25, 2011
rewind:

Hi.gud pple.my name is emmanuel.i draw sketches of clothes.nd nw i want to start my clothing label.i dnt knw hw to go abt these.pls i nid your help

I can get you started; show you where to get CAD software to transform your sketches into patterns for sewing. I will also tell you how to register your brand, and get started. But this is a consultancy service I will charge for.

$1000!

Are you game? Unless of course you are not ready for the big league.
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by peteafrik88(m): 9:13am On Dec 03, 2011
@Stagger; I m game for the factory setup and trainin. But I want to open a small factory with like 5 machines. Please, I need your help and how much will you charge me?
How can I reach you and my email is
peteafrik88@gmail.com
Thanx
Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by olushi(f): 1:28pm On Dec 03, 2011
basically even if u r a designer u need to have a little training on how to sew it compulsory & it d major backup u will fall on if everything doesn't workout as plan.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Clothing Line Business? by peteafrik88(m): 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2011
@Olushi; u r correct about dis

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why You Have No Excuse To Remain Broke / See Two Sure Ways To Earn Income Online Without Spending Money! / Dangote Withdraws Suit Against Autumn Spikes, American Mistress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.