Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

free ubuntu applicatuon dvd - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / free ubuntu applicatuon dvd (2309 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by bigrovar(m): 1:49am On Sep 30, 2007
This is a collection of my screenshot which i use to illustrate just Ubuntu is the best distro out there

[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1426/1457359209_70562ce472.jpg?v=0
[/img]

Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Ralvy(m): 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2007
Nice 1 Bigbrovar, Nice!

Please. . . What dock application are u using?
I installed kiba-dock and I am still trying to get rid of the black bar bug, Sources from Ubuntu forums say I need to install something like beryl and I dnt have such plans, does your dock app require beryl and/or compiz??

See My Desktop Below, although - u wont notice the bug because of ma wallpaper

Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Maleeq(m): 8:30am On Oct 02, 2007
@bigbrovar & Ralvy

I had to swallow a loada spit before replying this post. . .whatever you do, DONT CRUCIFY ME ABEG!!! grin

@Topic
Vista wan.na be!  grin
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Ralvy(m): 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2007
Vista wan.na be! grin
[quote][/quote]

Vista is complete BULL SHIT compared to Linux. Man I just installed Vista but it's useless, I cant stand being out of Linux.
Man try it, u'll never go the Winodoze way
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by esquire(m): 5:27pm On Oct 02, 2007
Vista is complete BULL SHIT compared to Linux. Man I just installed Vista but it's useless, I can't stand being out of Linux.
Man try it, u'll never go the Winodoze way

Ralvy God with capital letter "G'' will bless u front and back. Abeg no mind that one the guy na clown him just wan play on guys. Cheerio
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Maleeq(m): 8:12am On Oct 03, 2007
@All

C'mon, y'all ought to know my last post was just for fun. Just because I am Windows fan does not mean I have no touch in Unix. I'd give props to it whenever and wherever it demands it.

I've used Linux and I just download the UUE 1.5 iso. So you see, I am still in the game. grin
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by bigrovar(m): 10:30am On Oct 03, 2007
man am not going to exchange words with u cus this thread is for people who use linux to post their screenshots, if windows work for u then stick with it, linux works for me and i have stocked to it, i have a vista partition and i have not used it in 2 months, except as storage for my files dont get me wrong vista is very good and i never had any problem with it, but like i said linux works better for me, if u want an arguement about vista/linux then go to the appropriate thread for that, u can search nairaland am sure its somewhere, Cheers smiley
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Maleeq(m): 11:14am On Oct 03, 2007
@bigbrovar

Sorry for going off-thread. Niether I wants to exchange words with anyone here on Nairaland.
So, here's a handshake(hands outstretched). . . Are we kool?
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Tini(m): 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2007
hey guys nice one there.u hav all impresed me.i need a copy of UUE.can anyone help cos i cant download it(sow internet speed).so i need to get it from u guys.i live in abuja.Ralvy pls can u be of help.thanx giuys.
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Ralvy(m): 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2007
yh! no problem, whr d'u stay in Abuja . .
You will have to come to TV Enterprises, NTA, Area 11, Garki.
When u come, I will give u a copy of Ubuntu Ultimate 1.4 DVD unless u want to wait for UUE 1.5 which will be ready in about 2 - 3days time, see progress below . .

Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Ralvy(m): 7:13pm On Oct 03, 2007
My Desktop; Updated

Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by topeteadr(m): 12:58am On Oct 04, 2007
Windows vista is trash i would prefer using the old windows 98 to vista that version of micrsoft windows is just a complete bullshit.
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Saipro(m): 7:47pm On Oct 05, 2007
I must get this Ubuntu of a distro !!! Like now !!!

cool
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Ralvy(m): 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2007
LOL. . . Better Get it . . I am currently downloading Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 1.5 DVD (2.18GB), see progress below

Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Saipro(m): 10:50am On Oct 06, 2007
Got it! Feisty Fawn. Downloading 1.5 ultimate DVD will take a week. Not interested. Yet. Lemme try this one first. If I like it, I may port from Fedora. Any advice from the house?
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Ralvy(m): 10:55am On Oct 06, 2007
Man, it's ur choice . . but installing Feisty Fawn is okay, the only problem is that u might find it frustrating at the first stage until u get to download alot of stuff of the repos. an Ubuntunigeria admin came up with an app. cd that has virtually evry thing you will ever need on ubuntu. IF u think u're okay with 7.04, GO ahead man . . wink
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Saipro(m): 10:58am On Oct 06, 2007
@ Ralvy

I'd like to burn a copy of your disc. When you're done, that is. How? Where? And how do I get this repo CD?
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Ralvy(m): 11:03am On Oct 06, 2007
The CD was put together by an ubuntunigeria admin (bigbrovar), he stays at Lagos . .
Although, he is suppose tu mail me a copy soon . .

Wher are u?
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by niceuzor: 11:14am On Oct 06, 2007
what actually do you guyz enjoy in LINUX. . . Window Vista is the BEST period. cool
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Ralvy(m): 11:17am On Oct 06, 2007
Please . . .get the 4uck aut of here if ur nt interested angry
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by niceuzor: 11:22am On Oct 06, 2007
This is WebCASH man calm down. . . we not quarelling beside we are here to learn from each other.

so what's the koko? cool
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Saipro(m): 11:25am On Oct 06, 2007
@ Ralvy

Lagos. If he'll mail you one, I'd like one too. Though I'd like it better if you could mail me a copy of UUE 1.5
That'd be sweet.

@ Niceuzor

That wasn't so nice. I started on a Mac over 2 decades ago and migrated to DOS (IBM-DOS -> MS-DOS -> Windows for Workgroups -> Win 95, et al). Liking Vista tells me you're not a hard-core guy. I mean, it takes not ever having had fun on DOS to like ANY Windows at all, least of all Vista. You ought to know that Win 2000 is your best bet for NT-based Windows (unless you'd prefer Win 2003 server). And that Win 98 SE is the best 9x there ever was (Win ME was crap).

If YOU like Vista, that's all good. Just be wary of meddling in things you're not quite conversant with. Be nice like your name suggests.  cool

And remember, this thread is for Linux enthusiasts. Start a Vista thread if it thrills you. Don't get it the wrong way though - no beef meant . . . . wink
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Ralvy(m): 11:39am On Oct 06, 2007
Mail u a copy . . hmm! Lets see . .
Whare are u?
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by niceuzor: 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2007
Saipro - ABEG NO VEX 4 MY YARNISH undecided NA LEARN I COME LEARN HERE.

@ Ralvy

YOU KNOW NA INSTANT ME ANYTIME.
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by bigrovar(m): 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2007
guys i have finished making the ubuntu repo dvd, it has all the coolest apps and codecs u will ever need in ubuntu with needing to download 1kb of file, the shit is da bomb believe me, infact to test it i uninstalled my feistyu fawn and installed everything back from the repo cd,,even compiz fusion ,amarok, everthing is there all the graphic softwares,video editing softwares,3d animations creations softwares,dvd burners think of it, whether u are a webdeveloper,graphic designer,3 d animator,dj,banker,gamer , or just the average computer joe, u have all what u need is in the repo dvd, and in the spirit of ubuntu everything is as free and air, just gif me a call 08022982696, for those in the north am sending a copy to ralvy in abuja by monday so he would be getting it say next week, u can get in touch with him, also we are looking for pple who are interested in ubuntu in eastern Nigeria,south sourth,and middle belt so that there can act as a distributuion center for us, if u are interested a copy of ubuntu ultimate dvd,fesity fawn dvd and the repo dvd would be sent to u , but u have to give me a call so that we can talk better remember it is voluntry , also those outside lagos but who want ubuntu can get intouch with me and i will workout a way that u can get it even if it means mailing u a copy, softwares,

Ubuntu is about sharing,selfless service to humanity,respect,freedom,caring and watching out for one another, believe me it is more than just software, it is a way of life,
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Ralvy(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2007
Good . . .Nice 1 Bigbrovar, Thanx I know it wasn't easy creating the DVD . .
And for it to be around 4GB, that's awesome. .

Thnx man
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Saipro(m): 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2007
Ok. Nice one bigrovar. The question now is how do I get my hands on this remix?
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Saipro(m): 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2007
Any help forthcoming?
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by bigrovar(m): 9:16pm On Oct 09, 2007
may be u didnt read my post but i posted my number and u can always get in touch with me , ok here it is again 08022982698 just give me a call, and if u are in abuja get intouch with ralvy i dont have his number but u can send him a private message, cheers
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by hayprof(m): 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2007
Brovar, Snd me my Own Collection O. cool
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Ralvy(m): 1:18pm On Oct 13, 2007
So hayprof, u no know say seun ban me because of that signature ba. . . Carry on cool
Re: free ubuntu applicatuon dvd by Ralvy(m): 1:32pm On Oct 13, 2007
@ Linux Geeks;
If you're in Abuja, you can get in touch with me on this no: 08033735087
I have finished downloading some Ubuntu distros. Before u come to me, get a blank DVD or a removable media that can carry the iso. I have stated their sizes beside the distros.

Ubuntu Ultimate 1.4 CD (700MB)
Ubuntu Ultimate 1.4 DVD (1.94GB)
Ubuntu Ultimate 1.4 DVD Gamers (3.24GB) (will be complete by Wednesday)
Ubuntu Ultimate 1.5 DVD (2.18GB)

Note that all the above stated distros are Fiesty based.

I also have the following:

Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy + Application CD
Ubuntu 7.04 Fiesty Fawn (see bigbrovar for application CD.)

You can call me on: 08033735087
or e-mail me: webmaster@ubuntunigeria.zzn.com

[center]SHARE THE SPIRIT OF UBUNTU[/center] cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

hhh / 30 Ways Microsoft Spy On You Using Windows 10 And How To Disable Them / Alert!!! Atm Card Skimming & Pin Capturing On The Rampant(video & Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.