Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,499 members, 7,954,912 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:22 PM

Do Europeans Love Frican Epic Movies? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do Europeans Love Frican Epic Movies? (1059 Views)

9 Epic Nigerian Movies We Can't Forget In A Hurry. / All The Zombie Horror Fans - The Walking Dead (AMC's epic series) [Season 2) / Harry Potter Fans ♥:THE EPIC FINALE:*JULY 15TH 2011* the Deathly Hallows-Part2! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Europeans Love Frican Epic Movies? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2011
I would like to know which type of African movies that Europe and the rest of the world enjoy watching most, is it our epic movies or do they also enjoy our contemporaries?
Re: Do Europeans Love Frican Epic Movies? by babyboy3(m): 7:24pm On Dec 15, 2011
Tsotsi racked in close to $20m in cinemas all over the world

Its all about the acting!!! and whether you could make the character look real
Re: Do Europeans Love Frican Epic Movies? by vinderbilt: 12:56pm On Dec 16, 2011
I agree, the acting is very important, and so is the storyline. They want to watch movies that are original to Africa, past or present setting and not movies trying to copy them (the Europeans)
Re: Do Europeans Love Frican Epic Movies? by iice(f): 3:52am On Dec 17, 2011
There's nothing wrong in copying them if the story makes sense in an African setting.
Not as if people are known or encouraged for their individuality in say Nigeria. It's march one way, all march one way. All this bluffer is just chasing tails.

Anyway i love epics. I would love to see something set in the north. Something with horses or camels and sheikhs and deserts and war, etc.
Re: Do Europeans Love Frican Epic Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2011
To answer simply - they do. Question is "Do we have any epics", pretty doubtful.

(1) (Reply)

Join Ayo (MTN Project Fame) On Facebook To Watch Olufunmi Afro-remix / Iyabo Ojo Quit Acting For Catering / Best 3 Animated 3d Films You've Ever Seen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.