Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,564 members, 7,955,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:43 PM

Open Source Exam Result Checking Web App - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Open Source Exam Result Checking Web App (3347 Views)

[C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) / Creating An Open-source Java Web Service / Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Source Exam Result Checking Web App by neroflick(m): 5:49pm On Sep 30, 2007
Does anyone know of any open source online exam result checking web application out there? Preferrably on the php/mysql platform. Links would be highly appreciated.
Re: Open Source Exam Result Checking Web App by smartsoft(m): 12:41am On Oct 01, 2007
i can build one for you on PHP/MYSQL just mail me to uchedealsreal@gmail.com
Re: Open Source Exam Result Checking Web App by neroflick(m): 8:45am On Oct 01, 2007
i know u can , but then i need a ready-made script i can adapt within the shortest timeframe. I got only 2 days.
Re: Open Source Exam Result Checking Web App by tosinorogu(m): 8:25am On Oct 02, 2007
If you had started the development, by now you would be through. Opensource scripts are good, but not the best for serious things like you want to do. They can't give you the customisation you want, and sometime you do more work customising than doing your own codes,

If you need a quote, please email me: tosinorogun@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Open Source Exam Result Checking Web App by my2cents(m): 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2007
tosin is correct my friend,

The time you have probably spent googling and perhaps posting on 100+ forums and waiting for an answer could have been spent writing even the crudest of solutions. Remember, even if you got the script right now, you would still need to go through it, understand it and tailor it to meet Nigeria (or whatever country you are in)'s taste

Considering you have less than 2 days left, I would strongly advise you start burning the midnight oil. You basically need, worse-case, a web form to take in a student ID, a DB with at least 3 tables (table of IDs, a table listing courses/exams and a table mapping scores for each course/exam to each ID), and another web page to display the results. I am thinking off the top of my head here so my answer may not be sufficient, but hopefully, you get my point.

Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

Java Tutorials For Beginners (some Lectures In Pidgin) / Pls The 5 Most Valuable It Certifications In Nigeria? / Definition Of Frontend And Backend Softwares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.