Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? (1606 Views)

Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here / Why I Would Neva Touch Any Apple Product And Why You Should Too. / Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by iginla(m): 7:26pm On Sep 30, 2007
Hi Guyz,
Do you have any problem with MTN product and services?I think I'll love to assist,please send detail which the following information:
Number:

I'll get back to you as soon possible.

Thank you.
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by topeteadr(m): 7:45pm On Sep 30, 2007
Lagos
To much billing
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by topeteadr(m): 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2007
Lagos
To much billing
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by iginla(m): 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2007
I'm sorry that i didn't reply earlier than now.
your line is on xtracool and your charges are:

54k per sec-to MTN numbers during peak period
43k per sec-to MTN numbers during off peak periods
70k per sec to at all times other networks

Now were you charged different from these?when:date and for
how long were you on the call?
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by kaydee(m): 6:02pm On Oct 02, 2007
My phone got stolen and i got to MTN's office to retrieve my sim back. They gave me a sim that won't find the MTN network.I keep going back every other day but they keep telling me to be patient.I visited their website too and all they keep telling me is insert your SIM now and it will be o.k but it was never aight.Later MTN got my line disconnected.
Thank God i work in a Law firm.I'll sue their ass for every kobo i've spent.I met lots of guys with the same problem at MTN office in Matori
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by honsule(m): 7:31pm On Oct 02, 2007
@kaydee.am behind ur back concerning d suing.am a Law student.when will u serve them the motion on notice/statement of claim.waiting earnestly to hear frm u.FIAT JUSTITIA RUAT COELUM
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by kaydee(m): 1:10am On Oct 03, 2007
honsule:

@kaydee.am behind your back concerning d suing.am a Law student.when will u serve them the motion on notice/statement of claim.waiting earnestly to hear frm u.FIAT JUSTITIA RUAT COELUM

Thanks Man! I wish U all the best in ur studies. I was once a law student but had to quit. I later realise i shouldn't.It's aight. I love those Latin maxims. I'll let U know bout the proceedings.

"fiat Justitia, ruat coelum"
"Let Justice be done, though the heavens fall"
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by topeteadr(m): 10:16am On Oct 03, 2007
@honsule
i am also behind your back and i support you. If you need any help just holla me.
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by topeteadr(m): 10:19am On Oct 03, 2007
@poster
it is not about call billing rates it is about the browsing billing rates.
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by topeteadr(m): 10:19am On Oct 03, 2007
@poster
it is not about call charging rates it is about the browsing billing rates.
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by iginla(m): 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2007
So please tell me about it;what was the kilobyte of the site you visited?and did you download anything?
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by topeteadr(m): 12:28am On Oct 04, 2007
I loaded my phone with 1500 naira credit and try to download 50 cent feat justin timbalake (ayo techinology).
But the song didnt download finish and when i checked my acc bal it was flat. That is the problem
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by eunisam: 9:01am On Oct 04, 2007
I bought a new simparck just to discover that is not activated.called customer care all i can get from them is story.anyway to activate it?
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by iginla(m): 3:34pm On Oct 04, 2007
@tope:ple I'll like to know when you did this?

@eun:Please I'll appreciate having the phone and the number behinde the SIM card,please provide an alternative number on which you could be reached.

thank you.
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by topeteadr(m): 12:10am On Oct 05, 2007
I did this on
26/09/2007 that was when i decided to stop using my mtn line to browse.
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by freeguy(m): 2:46pm On Oct 10, 2007
@ iginla,

Please i will appreciate it if you can help me solve this issue.

I want to install MTN GPRS on my phone Sony Ericsson k750i but all to no avail. I sent an sms to MTN SETTINGS TO

3888. Yet, i couldnt download anything despite the message they sent to me to install. What should i do?

Your quick respone wil be appreciated.
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by freeguy(m): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2007
@ iginla,

Please i will appreciate it if you can help me solve this issue.

I want to install MTN GPRS on my phone Sony Ericsson k750i but all to no avail. I sent an sms to MTN SETTINGS TO

3888. Yet, i couldnt download anything despite the message they sent to me to install. What should i do?

Your quick respone wil be appreciated.

My number is 08033321770

Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by Markenny(m): 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2007
hey freeguy,, iam the one that called u, first dont try post ma number here,duo its ma chick number,
what u have to do is this, first, if u are sure that the GPRS is working well then,
u have to go to setting of ur phone not GPRSoooo,then look for JAVA connection or applecation click on option then seting set ur java connection to MTN GPRS,, then u can start with ur downloads okay, try and post back
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by Seun(m): 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2007
Iginla, do you work for MTN customer support?
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by freeguy(m): 4:50pm On Oct 10, 2007
@iginla,

First and foremost, thank you so much for the call and the quick response. I really appreciate it.  You r indeed very helpful, thanks. I guess you work with MTN? Permit me to say MTN needs guys like you in their customer care

I followed your instructions to the core and i have been able to installed the settings.

So wats the next step to be able to use the internet?
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by freeguy(m): 4:59pm On Oct 10, 2007
@markenny,  (i meant to say markenny not iginla)  grin

First and foremost, thank you so much for the call and the quick response. I really appreciate it.  You r indeed very helpful, thanks. I guess you work with MTN? Permit me to say MTN needs guys like you in their customer care

I followed your instructions to the core and i have been able to installed the settings.

So wats the next step to be able to use the internet?
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by freeguy(m): 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2007
@markenny,

Thanks once again.

I sent SETTINGS to 3888 just now and got a reply from MTN to install.

But when i was able to install, it says data account full, delete unused accounts!

What does this means and wat next should i do?

Thanks, i appreciate.
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by Markenny(m): 10:22pm On Oct 10, 2007
well it means u have to do a clean up @ ur profile, click @ ur profile bungalow then delete all the settings and try the 3888 again,be for that u have to delete all message @ ur out box and draft and then u can be able to installer the settings, when u install then still check the Java application setting again and still use mtn gprs,
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by topeteadr(m): 11:47pm On Oct 10, 2007
Hey guy it has nothing to do with your messages. What you have to do is that just go to your data comm there you'll see all gprs and internet settings just delete the profile that is not useful out of it.
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by Markenny(m): 12:14am On Oct 11, 2007
@tope it have alot to do with out box and sent msg. amature,hey who de hall u think u are?dint freeguy post his phone number? call him and tell him that dick head,,
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by topeteadr(m): 10:21am On Oct 11, 2007
Markenny i am trying to make peace here. Just because your were fiddling with my younger sister doesn't mean you can keep up with me. For GOD sake pls, you only need to delete your inbox if your are using a nokia series 60 phones. But the person's phone is a k750i se. This has nothing to do with messages.
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by Markenny(m): 2:08pm On Oct 12, 2007
@tope what ever, u think u know every think school boy?
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by topeteadr(m): 9:57pm On Oct 12, 2007
At least a school boy knows more than a you do emeka ohei.
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by Markenny(m): 10:20pm On Oct 12, 2007
bingo
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by freeguy(m): 12:57pm On Oct 15, 2007
@markenny,

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

So far, i have been able to installed the settings on my phone(k750i)  but still cudnt browse the internet. Below is the format of the settings which i installed on the java connection:

MTN GPRS-                             

Internet Mode- HTTP
Use proxy-        Yes
Proxy Address- 10.199.212.2
Port Number-    8080
Usename-         web
password-        web

Also, under the Data accounts (MTN gprs), the undelisted are installed.

APN-                 web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Username-       web
password-       web
Login Request- on
Allow Calls-      Automatic
IP Address-      10.199.212.2
DNS Address- (i didnt fill anything)
Authentication- PAP
Data Compression- On
Header Compr.-On.

So, please help me look to see if i havent done the right thing so that i can revert so as to get this internet working and good to go. I didnt know what is meant by DNS Address so i didnt filled anything as you can see from the above.

Please, your quick response will be appreciated as usual. Thanks.
Re: Any Problem With Mtn Product And Services? by iginla(m): 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2007
Y'ello Guyz,
I'm sorry have being unavailable for sometimes now,I've being on leave and off to my village.
@seun
Yes,I do

Well, guyz,please give me a day or two I I'll be back fully on-line to all your services.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Zmobile: Nigerian Banks In Your Pocket / Free New Mtn Browsing Trick That Works For Nokia S40 / Poor Cellphone Signal In My Room, Any Possible Solution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.