Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,504 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Another 419 Format(beware)! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Another 419 Format(beware)! (44061 Views)

Another 419 Email In Circulation Asking For Your Atm Cards / IPO Allocation - Another 419 IN Disguise / Another 419 Format! (phone Call With Assasination Threat!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another 419 Format(beware)! by Edochman(m): 9:55am On Oct 01, 2007
Hello Nairaland users,
Please, check out this 419 format and beware.Tell your friends also.

Good News Contact Greg Allen Immediately

Dear Friend,

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and your family? I hope
this
mail meets you in a perfect condition. I am using this opportunity to
thank you for your great effort to our unfinished transfer of fund into
your account due to one reason or the other best known to you.

But I want to inform you that I have successfully transferred the fund
out
of my bank to someone else account who was capable of assisting me in
this
great venture.

Due to your effort, sincerity, courage and trust worthiness you showed
at
the course of the transaction I want to compensate you and show my
gratitude to you with the sum of $1,000.000.00 (One Million United
States
Dollars) I have authorized the finance house where I deposited my money
to
issue you international certified bank draft cashable at your bank.

My dear friend I will like you to contact the finance house for the
collection of this international certified bank draft.

The name and contact address of the Person with your Cheque MR. Greg
Allen
is as follows.

MR. Greg Allen
Email: greg_allen4004@yahoo.it
Phone: +234-703-472-2398

At the moment, I'm very busy here because of the investment projects
which
myself and my new partner are having at hand.Finally, remember that I
have
forwarded instruction to the finance house on your behalf to send the
bank
draft to you as soon as you contact them without delay.

Please I will like you to accept this token with good faith as this is
from the bottom of my heart.

Thanks and God bless you and your family.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,
PAUL SMITH.

SECOND STAGE

Attention:

I was directed by my boss Mr Paul Smith to send you the certified bank Check as compensation .Be informed that the check will be sent from WEST AFRICA but through my boss account with Barclays bank London. so the check will bears Barclays bank London. This is a real check so be rest assured that the money will be cleared in your account immediately it is deposited in your account.

You are going to receive this Certified Bank Check through (DIPLOMATIC COURIER MEANS) which we have already contracted DHL Delivery Company to delivery it.You are required to reconfirm your full name, address where the certified bank Check will be sent. Your telephone number is also needed for easy communication. As soon as the information is received, you will receive a mail from me to choose which method of delivery you feel like choosing.

Fill this form and return it back to me to enable me dispatch your check at once.

(1) Your full name------------
(2) Your address---------------
(3) Your telephone number------------

Send the above information immediately.

Awaiting your urgent response.
Sincerely,
Greg Allen

Tel: +234-703-472-2398

THIRD STAGE

Attention:

I will want you to know that this Cheque will be sent to you Via DHL You are to make this payment via WESTERN UNION with these listed payment details,So that delivery can commence.

Insurance Charges: $150 USd
DHL Delivery Charges:$100 USd
Total Amount to be sent: $250Usd

So you are to make the payment of $250Dollars for the delivery of your check with this payment details below:-

Receiver Name: Mr Bob Martins.
Receiver Address: #10 Old Obasanjo Road Port-Harcourt, Nigeria 234-01.

You are to send the necessary details via e-mail to this e-mail:-

Name: Mr Bob Martins
Email: dhl_rep01@yahoo.com

Once you forward the necessary details to the Representative Mr Bob Martins and once your payment is been confirmed by them they will issued your Tracking Number.

Sender's Name:,
Sender's Address:,
Amount To be Sent:
Text Question to be used:WHO CAN HELP US?
Text Answer:OUR LORD ONLY.
Money Transfer Control Number(M.T.C.N).

Make sure you send to then the payment information which was given to you via WESTERN UNION.

Yours faitfull
Greg Allen
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by egoldman(m): 10:51am On Oct 01, 2007
Thanks for the warning mate, its not new to me though, but i know that there are some that are seeing this format for the first time, so its still important warning .
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by otuonye(m): 11:11am On Oct 01, 2007
tell them to bring out another format. we already knew this one a long time ago grin grin grin grin
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by mendax: 11:21am On Oct 01, 2007
nawawo ppl no get conscience
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by osereka(m): 11:37am On Oct 01, 2007
at times I wonder how some fall for their traps
HOW CAN SOMEONE SAY YOU SHOULD REAP WHERE YOU DO NOT SOW
AND YOU FALL FOR IT?

I WONDER.

WE SHOULD ALL KNOW THAT AWOOF DE SPOIL BELLE
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by fesse(f): 11:49am On Oct 01, 2007
this even sound funny. wonder how person will fail for this kind childish thing.
Hope people will be aware shaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by nbeet2000(m): 11:52am On Oct 01, 2007
Only greedy people will fall for this kind of scam.
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by egoldman(m): 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2007
Same goes for lottery format, How on earth would anyone believe that he won lottery which he is sure he didn't buy any ticket for it in the first place ?
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2007
only a fool and a greedy person would fall for scam messages.
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by donenick(m): 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2007
That is a Nigerian for u.
Becarefull
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2007
Am seek and tired of seeing closed up/shallow individuals generalize issues, LEARN, you don't generalize a nation based on the crime of few people. duhhhhhh
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by paribus(m): 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2007
Edochman:

I will want you to know that this Cheque will be sent to you Via DHL You are to make this payment via WESTERN UNION with these listed payment details,So that delivery can commence.

Insurance Charges: $150 USd
DHL Delivery Charges:$100 USd
Total Amount to be sent: $250Usd

So you are to make the payment of $250Dollars for the delivery of your check with this payment details below:-

Receiver Name: Mr Bob Martins.
Receiver Address: #10 Old Obasanjo Road Port-Harcourt, Nigeria 234-01.

You are to send the necessary details via e-mail to this e-mail:-

Name: Mr Bob Martins
Email: dhl_rep01@yahoo.com

Once you forward the necessary details to the Representative Mr Bob Martins and once your payment is been confirmed by them they will issued your Tracking Number.

Sender's Name:,
Sender's Address:,
Amount To be Sent:
Text Question to be used:WHO CAN HELP US?
Text Answer:OUR LORD ONLY.
Money Transfer Control Number(M.T.C.N).

Make sure you send to then the payment information which was given to you via WESTERN UNION.

Yours faitfull
Greg Allen

What beats me is how a nigerian (except the scammer is really non-nigerian can receive money from Western Union from a bank in Nigeria under the name "Bob Martin". Assuming even if the victim falls for this no-brainer scam, how the heck is the scammer able to collect the money sent except with collaboration of bank officials that are trustees of the Western Union process. Yes i know, "Bob Martins" might actually be a real nigerian name (possibly from lagos or rivers) but how many Nigerians do you really know with the first name "Bob" - and would use such in a biz transaction. I don't really think the last part of the transaction (where money is received) can scale through without the connivance of a WU official. Regards
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by slim49z(m): 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2007
It amazes me why people still fall victim to online scammy emails. You have only to read the mail to know its scam.

Infact anyone that falls victim to any of those is as dumb as they come, hehe.  Anyway,praying non of brothers falls a victim.

Good luck to us all,
Slim wink
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by uzomaeze(m): 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2007
mu angrymu people
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by Umoiwa(m): 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2007
Bros, take this small advice - give them this kind of information and they will know who where to fine you.
(1) Your full name - Game Master
(2) Your address - Grave No. 7, Drive E, Yaba Cemetry
(3) Your telephone number - 090419419419
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by Umoiwa(m): 1:42pm On Oct 01, 2007
Bros,  take this small advice -  give them this kind of information and they will know where to fine you.
(1) Your full name -   Game Master
(2) Your address -  Grave No. 7, Drive E, Yaba Cemetry
(3) Your telephone number -  090419419419
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by vizion: 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2007
@ paribus

what u need as a valid identification to receive money in nigeria is a valid drivers license or ur international passport

while the latter is not readily available for scammers, the former can be gotten in any name (even George Bush, bill clinton, bill gates, etc) for the sum of five thousand naira
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by makemoney: 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2007
Please can you show me how to post new topics on Nairaland.com. I have been trying this without success for over 30 days now. Any ideas please?
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by princeonx: 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2007
Did you just call this a new format? or I'm I missing something? Maybe I missed the 1million Dollars called token!
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2007
@poster.
thanks for the info.I just wish people would think of doing something meaningful and honest to get money instead of relying on 419 scams like this one.
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by teena(f): 5:25pm On Oct 01, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please can you show me how to post new topics on Nairaland.com. I have been trying this without success for over 30 days now. Any ideas please?

@makemoney Go to home page; nairaland.com, you will see headings like gerneral discusion, technology etc and their sub-heading. Click on the one your subject heading falls in, the page will display where you will see post new topic, that'z it Cheers!
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by dachamp(m): 8:23pm On Oct 01, 2007
wat's new abt dis??
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by Sweetaura1(f): 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2007
only an mu mu or a greedy person who wants to reap where he didn't sow will fall for this.
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by crazyT(m): 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2007
Come o, when are these guys going to stop all this rubbish? Haven't they tanished our country's name enough? While some of us are trying all we could for the image of the country some fools are still doing all they could to spoil it more.
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by DisGuy: 11:27pm On Oct 01, 2007
How are you today? Hope all is well with you and your family? I hope
this
mail meets you in a perfect condition.

why do most Nigerian letters the same way? this is what they taught me back in the days Mr RazaQ the English teacher grin
even Cv are the same format undecided
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by Elgaxton(m): 11:56pm On Oct 01, 2007
Hi new nairalander, if u wanna post a new topic on nairaland, just click on the new topic button in the thred where u are in.

for example, for u to ask the question u just asked, u were in BUsiness thread

just look above, it says " Nairaland Forum | General Discussion | Business | Post reply ( Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! )"

just make sure your topic is in the right section then click on the New topic button.

dont expect ur post to appear on the main page, that's the work of the site Admin, cheers!

@poster

Only cheats get duped by frausters so beware
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by Nwaka77: 2:08am On Oct 02, 2007
Hmmm, But only a fool will fall for something like that. I get those kind of emails sometimes. I mark them as spam and discard.
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by Mindspring: 3:24am On Oct 02, 2007
An idle mind is the devil's workshop. When a young man or woman wastes years trying to see if they will catch a mugu, they do not realize that they could have spent that time learning a skill that they can use to feed themselves and their family. 419 does not give our youth the opportunity to learn how to fish for themselves. If they get paid from the endeavor, they buy flashy cars, live in expensive rented homes and in no time they are out begging their friends for money to put fuel in their hummer. It's a game where the fraudster ultimately becomes the mugu.

It cracks me up when some people say, only greedy people fall for 419 scams, and some how try to make it seem as though it is the fault of the foreigner for losing their life's savings. The truth is two wrongs never make a right. What we should all be working for is a Nigeria that has a good image, where people can have the trust and confidence to want to invest on our country. When we gain the trust of outsiders and they invest in our economy, will everybody not ultimately benefit when jobs are created?

When you look at the problem again you see that it did not just germinate overnight. It goes back to how our society has become tolerant of criminals who claim to be our leaders. I mean some of these fraudsters are simply emulating what our culture celebrates - make millions and do whatever it takes to make it - even if it means killing an innocent person and snatching a body part and selling it in the black market. 419 is only an outward manifestation of the ills of our society. Political office holders steal OUR money and we sit around watch them try to manipulate the judicial system into giving them a free get out of jail ticket.

419 is not perpetrated only when a poor church rat in Nigeria writes a scam email with the intention of defrauding someone they have never met. 419 is all around us, and comes in different formats. How about the renovation of the speaker's official residence? Is that not 419. 419, 419, we should all be tired of it and simply have zero tolerance for it.

It is my prayer that one day our leaders will start using all the resources that God has blessed us with to build the kind of country where our youth are not trying to break out of Nigeria to travel to foreign lands where they end up as second class citizens. A Nigeria that will hold a prominent place in the comity of nations. A Nigeria that will be the center of commerce and industry in the world. A Nigeria where holders of it's Green passport will no longer have to hold their heads down when they fly through foreign airports. A Nigeria where there is running water, constant electricity, good roads, great schools and well-equipped hospitals. 419, 419. If we keep tolerating its various formats, we will keep suffering its consequences, and we will all ultimately become the mugu. I have said my piece.

I wish you all love, peace, and happiness.

Peace.
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 02, 2007
grin grin grin grin i guess u scambait, these kind of person, i don't let them go easily, to learn how to scambait visit www.419eater.com, pics of scambaited people below

Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by WarfyBoy(m): 8:44am On Oct 02, 2007
rubishhhhhh
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by egoldman(m): 9:17am On Oct 02, 2007
419 is bad , but it takes two to tango , 90% of all the email they send is all about 1, help me move money from my country which i don't want the government to know about it , does that sound like someone doing something legal ? ofcos not , but the mugu don't see this , he only sees the 30% cut that was promised to him , thats the mind of greedy person who does not care for the hungry masses of africa .
2 , you have won some lottery , which the mugu knows 100% he didnt play no lottery and yet he went ahead and sent his details and start the process of claiming money for lottery which he didnt play or buy the ticket, thats trying to reap where he didnt so , then he got his fingers burnt in the process, is he and innocent victim here ? ofcos not.

3 , they claim they are son or daughter of some late head of state , like abacha and want you to help them move money that abacha kept secretly before he died , now tell me , we all know abacha was a crook and yet oyibo man instead of having mercy for the hungry masses of nigeria who rightly owns the money , he tried to help them to move the money out of nigeria so he would get his promised cut, then he got his fingers burnt and you tell me he is not a greedy mugu abi ?

what point am i trying to make here ? that 419 is good ? definitely not , its very shameful , but plz listen to this , as far as there are whitemen or asian or whoever they are that are ready to help corrupt Nigerians or Africans move illegal money secretly from their country so that they would get their promised cut from the money, then there will never be an end to 419

so what should the solution be with regards to this ? my answer; the mugu and the master (guyman) should be treated as same, yeah in any case of 419 , it should be investigated and if at any time the mugu should have known that what he was getting into was illegal and still didn't contact the police and get out, then he is an accomplice and no more a victim.

i rest my case .
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by Gwazah(m): 9:40am On Oct 02, 2007
Dear people:
the only way one should eat your money now suppose to be either criminal breach of trust nor to attack and bit you hands dawn to go away with it, thats all.
all this are 18 centuries plan they are no more existing to me.
remember, the more you want to get money using short cut ways the more short cut things happen to you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sijibomi Ogundele Of Sujimotos To Give N5 Million For A Picture With MKO Abiola / Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 / FCMB Names Yemisi Edun As Acting MD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.