Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,552 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini (12746 Views)

Former Italy And Ac Milan Legend Maldini Dies At 84. / ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / Taye Taiwo Joins Dynamo Kiev (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by expert555: 8:07pm On Dec 19, 2011
I agree with the argument Taiwo do not get back quickly but he is an average defender - not the worst defender I have seen in both Italian or English league.
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by expert555: 8:14pm On Dec 19, 2011
I also notice recently Stephen Keshi still flitting with Ayegbeni, this will spell the end of his career as Eagle's coach. Ayegbeni is a crap player. Nigeria public are most likely to forgive him if he fails experimenting with a different attacker than stupid Ayegbeni that runs with the back of his foot on the ground.
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by olagamalin(m): 8:19pm On Dec 19, 2011
grin grin grin  obviously naw, itz a stale news dt TT is old, i rememba Teju babyface saying a particular bros dt usually greets with respect nd regard is d younger broda of TT, he was plain serious  bou it, so u know Teju is in his early 30s
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by stagger: 9:50pm On Dec 19, 2011
Maldini played as the unshakeable and undisputed no.1 left-back for AC Milan for 21 years.

Twenty-one years is not 21 days, and I have watched TT in Milan's colours this season. He is not up to scratch.

He is better suited playing in Greece or Austria or Norway; some other obscure league.

Not to be playing in the Serie A. The league's technicality is beyond him.
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by dayokanu(m): 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2011
Taiye Taiwo used to play in Pako stadium at Iyana Ipaja around 1995 where we call him "E go gree" because of his "strong head"and cant be less than 25yrs then

1995 was 16years ago, Do the maths
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by dadicvila(m): 10:03pm On Dec 19, 2011
@Mobinga shut that shithole u call ur mouthMALDINI has the right to air his well respected opinion,so go hang yourself
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by vislabraye(m): 10:04pm On Dec 19, 2011
Maldini is quite blunt, but there might be some racial undertone.  Afterall, AC Millan is fully of pensioners
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by canadaik(m): 10:09pm On Dec 19, 2011
racism ?, taiwo should be given more time, maldini can go to hell! grin
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by dadicvila(m): 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2011
He shud be giving more time to sink my club abi??the people asking for more time havnt watched him play dis season,a player that overlaps and strolls back like a snail, and what the crap are u guys calling racism for??dint taribo west excel at MILAN??Is K.P Boateng a white Man??If he was in your club wud u beg 4 more time 4 him??hypocrites
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by elampiro(m): 10:35pm On Dec 19, 2011
Most of Nigerian players nowadays are just average. No wonder they are left out in the nomination for African footballer of the year award every year sonce the good old days. Stephen Keshi should risk a young team. He should scout for young talent between 22 and 28 years - real age. Then Eagles will be great again in no future. Young, strong, skillful and energetic boys with speed is what we need.
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by dayokanu(m): 10:45pm On Dec 19, 2011
canadaik:

racism ?, taiwo should be given more time, maldini can go to hell! grin

Seedorf is Blacker than taiye taiwo and he has been playing for Milan ever since.

Thiago Silva, Robinho, Boateng, are not whites
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by ochukoccna: 10:54pm On Dec 19, 2011
January transfer window berthing in the red half of Milan.
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by aribisala0(m): 1:48am On Dec 20, 2011
desailly
seedorf
kluivert
george weah
ruud gullit
cafu
rijkaard
i believe these were all his team mates
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by fortran12: 2:30am On Dec 20, 2011
Taiwo is not good enough for milan see how abate over laps and tracks back, i dont see taiwo doing that, he can only use his left foot, cant run with the ball and his shots are all to row Z
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by Mobinga: 3:10am On Dec 20, 2011
dadicvila:

@Mobinga shut that shithole u call your mouthMALDINI has the right to air his well respected opinion,so go hang yourself

hahhhahaha grin
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by kobikwelu(m): 4:17am On Dec 20, 2011
ahn ahnn!!! every body is in a haste to criticise the poor boi,

how many of u know that before his move to milan he was comming off an injury and also had not played in a while,

just give him time to acclamatise and get back to full fitness,
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by febirac(m): 5:38am On Dec 20, 2011
I think Tawio is having a confidence problem and complex, it is surprising to think that a club like AC Milian would just sign a player without due diligence, Tawio have been playing in the champions league for some seasons now. He should buckle up and don't feel inferior
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 20, 2011
Taiye Taiwo can be a cult hero in OM, but he is definitely not a good left back. He has not improved his game just like Mikel. Keshi should give his shirt to someone who deserves it. He should watch how Evra, Marcello, Ashley Cole e.t.c plays from same position because that is what Milan wants which he doesnt have.
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by Basics007: 7:00am On Dec 20, 2011
I feel so sorry for the poor guy (i doubt if he needs my sympathy though. He's richer than me). He needs to quickly demand a transfer away from Milan to a club where the spotlight wont be as much
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by Homonide: 9:15am On Dec 20, 2011
One of the most intriguing transfers that i have seen in recent times is that of Taiye Taiwo to Milan. I wonder what AC Milan saw in the aging, error prone, and tactically poor left back. His transfer is an anomaly to a top club like Milan. He is not even a worthy back up to the Legendary position efficiently occupied by legend, Maldini.
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by omar22(m): 9:44am On Dec 20, 2011
At the heights of Milan's dominance, Taribo West ; a Nigerian played and excelled at AC Milan. I beg great Maldini to allow Taiwo flourish, he could yet get it right, FORZA MILAN

Taribo played for Inter Milan and not AC Milan, theirs a lot a Centre Back could get away with, but a full back NEVER!!!! look at when age caught up with babayaro? Ben Iroha didnt last 2 seasons, Udeze another flop, because a mordern day fullback should be able to play as a wingback and winger,
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by Homonide: 10:05am On Dec 20, 2011
omar22:

Taribo played for Inter Milan and not AC Milan,

Not Correct. Taribo played for Milan in his last season in Italy. He played two seasons at Inter (97-99) but moved to city rivals Milan after the 98-99 season. He spent the 99-00 season at Milan.
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by otokx(m): 11:02am On Dec 20, 2011
Over age cheat
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by stepo707: 11:10am On Dec 20, 2011
I agree with Maldini.The guy's performance is really crappy.He better sit up or go to a smaller clubs.He shouldn't Bleep with the Italians.They are Mafians
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by escobar07(m): 11:54am On Dec 20, 2011
am i shocked?No. In fact i was shocked wen he was signed on by milan. Hes a run of d mill defender who has very poor reflexes. Besides hes an old man. I wont be surprised if na months separate im and maldini
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 20, 2011
I Think i'll Quote Mr Maldini Wrong on this One -- Taye is a Good player with lot of strength but apparently Seria A isn't about the strength, its about your ability as a player to be tactical and technical upgraded which i really think Taye Lacks a bit and which Only happens to be his Probs!

Maybe the Technical Team there get to work on his runs on the balls and Positioning cool cool
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2011
well, it's no lie. But it's not that Taiwo is that bad. It's just that he still feels out of sorts at Milan. At Marseille, he felt at home and was confident enough to make attacking runs and try a few tricks and shots. But Marseille were not seven time European champions and defending champions of one of Europe's top three leagues. Besides, he's just in his first season so expect a bit of inferiority complex.

But no, Taiwo is no successor to Maldini, he's not up that quality.

And lol, no, haba, the guy may be old but older than Maldini? Una no dey try for am o!
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 20, 2011
stepo707:

I agree with Maldini.The guy's performance is really crappy.He better sit up or go to a smaller clubs.He shouldn't bleep with the Italians.They are Mafians

(laughing my wicked laugh) muahahahahahah!, broda taye may become another escobar story if he is not careful, the mafians go treat him f--- up.
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2011
I felt for taiwo aftet watching milan vs siena overt the wkend.he didnt look match fit but the most troubling thing is that he lacked confidence.hope he can prove milan wrong,just that his club seem intent on pushing him out. Wishing his quick recovery.
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by DaLover(m): 10:01pm On Dec 20, 2011
when i saw the news that milan had signed taiwo, i actually tot milan had broken the age old tradition of using local youths for ball boys and decided to go international, i was actually dying to see how the experiment in sourcing for ball boys internationnally would go, but to my utmost surprise, i saw TT"s name on the team sheet, honestly the only rational excuse i have for milans actions is black magic, TT must be deep into black magic,
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by omar22(m): 10:07am On Dec 21, 2011
Not Correct. Taribo played for Milan in his last season in Italy. He played two seasons at Inter (97-99) but moved to city rivals Milan after the 98-99 season. He spent the 99-00 season at Milan.

Taribo played 4 games as a SUB, so to say he excel at Milan is false, I know he did well at Inter but I could remember a game against Fiorentina where Brazilian star Edmundo made a real mockery out of Taribo West,
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by kidgenious(m): 11:05am On Dec 21, 2011
As someone said before 21 years isn't 21 days,Maldini dint get to the legendary state in a few games it took him years.Yes maybe TT isn't AC Milan's quality but i think he should be given some time to prove himself before making such comments.Having an injury immediately getting to a new club in a country with totally different pattern n climate of football would take some time adjusting to.Having said that,all currently playing nigerians in foreign leagues are all flops little wonder they dont make ordinary CAF awards not to talk of Global.My take on this is he should be given some more playing time to increase his confidence and cohesion with the team and if he doesn't strike gold, REBOOT!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Striker, Odion Ighalo Wants English Premier League Return / Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON / Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As Barcelona Destroy Atletico Madrid 6-1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.