Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini (12744 Views)

Former Italy And Ac Milan Legend Maldini Dies At 84. / ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / Taye Taiwo Joins Dynamo Kiev (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by aribisala0(m): 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2011
even now Babayaro is not too old to play football. I do not think Baba's problem is just age. He did not look after his body and went astray in many ways

we must not forget that Maldini is 43 and only recently stopped playing. costacurta is 45 now and he played until 2007 at the highest level
Baresi quit at 37
Roberto carlos 38 is still playing for big money grin
By the way Maldini was a centre back originally and only became a Full back in the final years of his remarkable career.
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by omar22(m): 2:07pm On Dec 21, 2011
even now Babayaro is not too old to play football. I do not think Baba's problem is just age. He did not look after his body and went astray in many ways

we must not forget that Maldini is 43 and only recently stopped playing. costacurta is 45 now and he played until 2007 at the highest level
Baresi quit at 37
Roberto carlos 38 is still playing for big money
By the way Maldini was a centre back originally and only became a Full back in the final years of his remarkable career.

Babayaro partied like hell Champagne here and there most especially at Moonlighting Night Club in Soho Sq. also wrote off his car after a drinking session, I once saw Moby Oparakwu in a buka in South London, he was eating what you dont expect a professional footballer to eat during the season.

Ryan Giggs is 37 and he said if he eats one slice of bread that has butter on it he would feel it, But Mikel, Essien and Adebayour getting drunk at along the Old Kent road, Its not what they drink but also what they eat all the fatty Nigerian food, no wonder Mikel was always late for training before Jose gave him his last warning.
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by dayokanu(m): 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2011
omar22:

Taribo played 4 games as a SUB, so to say he excel at Milan is false, I know he did well at Inter but I could remember a game against Fiorentina where Brazilian star Edmundo made a real mockery out of Taribo West,

You also remember the day he broke Andrei Kanchelskis leg vs the same Fiorentina
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by aribisala0(m): 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2011
I agree about the drinking though not so sure about the food. Food is primarily a fuel so it doess not really matter unless they are eating foods that have a proven harmful effect. Usain Bolt still loves his yam and East African runners love their Ugali. In my opinion African foods are quite healthy as they are generally though not always more natural with less processing. it really is not true that sportsmen should not eat fats.Fats are an essential part of our diet. Most of the brain,lungs and other vital organs are mostly fat and need fats in the diet to function normally. As far as putting on weight is concerned the biggest culprit tends to be sugar or sugar based foods rather than fats. Though i agree that fats like everything else should be in moderation and in a sportsman's diet, carefully calibrated.
If you look at Michael Phelps diet you will panic.

http://www.michaelphelps.net/michael-phelps-diet/ ( check out his race with SHAQ on that link .funny)

Sometimes 12000 calories a day compared to 2000 for the average guy . Marathon runners do eat a lot too as do boxers and that is why when they retire they tend to balloon.
All that is needed is a good nutritionist who understands African foods  which are usually complex carbohydrates mainly e.g yams plantain,cassava and vegetables.Let us not denigrate our foods they are VERY healthy if tailored in quantity and variety to individual needs.
In fact our diet protects us against certain cancers e.g colon when compared to European diets
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by KenJADE(m): 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2011
Sooner or later, Maldini will regret dat statement unless he said it to bring out Taiwo's real quality from him.
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by MeGaStReEt: 12:43am On Dec 22, 2011
KenJADE:

Sooner or later, Maldini will regret dat statement unless he said it to bring out Taiwo's real quality from him.

seconded
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by omar22(m): 11:05am On Dec 22, 2011

And how would he regret it?
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by KenJADE(m): 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2011
omar22:

And how would he regret it?
When Taiwo proves nt to be an error.
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by DaLover(m): 10:25am On Dec 23, 2011
KenJADE:

it better be sooner rather than later because age is not on TTs side lol
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by KenJADE(m): 10:30am On Dec 23, 2011
DaLover:

it better be sooner rather than later because age is not on TTs side lol
He shud be around 27 nd he's nt doing badly so I dnt fink age has anytin to do here. Milan has old players, 35 and above like Ambro, MVB, Nesta, Seedorf. So Taiwo's age isnt a prob
Re: Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini by enomakos(m): 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2011
taiwo is nigeria worst left back in history

we miss celestine babayaro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Offer Barcelona £33million For Frenkie De Jong / Nigerian Striker, Odion Ighalo Wants English Premier League Return / Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.