Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Woman Given 12 Hours To Live When She Was Born,today Celebrates Her 105 Birthday - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Woman Given 12 Hours To Live When She Was Born,today Celebrates Her 105 Birthday (655 Views)

Tope Adeniji Celebrates Her Birthday At Silverbird (Photos) / Sira Kante Celebrates Her 20th Birthday With Braless Photos / Maheeda Celebrates Her Daughter's 15th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Woman Given 12 Hours To Live When She Was Born,today Celebrates Her 105 Birthday by fasayoblog(m): 10:02am On Dec 19, 2011
An evergreen pensioner has defied the odds to celebrate her 105th birthday - despite only being given 12 hours to live when she was born in 1906.

But Lillie Arnold didn't raise a glass to her miraculous achievement - because she puts her incredible old age down to never touching a drop of alcohol.

And the bubbly pensioner has one message for the doctor who almost gave up on her all those years ago: 'Look at me now!'

Still going strong: Lillie Arnold, 105, wasn't expected to survive a day when she was born

Lillie, who now lives in the Royal National Institute for the Blind's Kathleen Chambers care home in Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, added: 'I was a twin, but sadly my sister didn't make it.

'I was so weak the doctors only gave me half a day to live - I often wonder what that doctor would think now if he saw me.'

Lillie defied medical opinion to reach the grand old age - and is still going strong 919,800 hours on from the shock diagnosis back in 1906.

She has put her miraculous recovery over the years down to living healthily and breathing in the fresh seaside air, having moved to Portsmouth and then Burnham-on-Sea from her native London.
READ MORE www.worldnewsquare.com

(1) (Reply)

Video - Oyinkansola & Brymo Dey Do "love Wan Tin Tin" [watch] / I Have Not Been On A Date In Two Years' - Rihanna Tells Vogue / Why Do 50cent Want You To Be Fearless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.