Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,183 members, 7,839,029 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

About Poultry Business - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / About Poultry Business (10819 Views)

How Lucrative Is Poultry Business? / My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) / What Do U Want To Know About Poultry Farming From A-z? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Poultry Business by anathemiamia(f): 9:02am On May 03, 2012
Omotititi, I think you called me recently. Someone will get back to you. The farm is at Agric which is close to Volks or Iyana-oba if ur more familiar with that.

@ basking4me if ΰ have already built ΰ don't have to wait †iℓℓ you have so much money. What my mum did was to stock about 600 cockrels cos she wanted 500 then she sold them at four to six weeks and made a lot of gain. Not as much as layer would though as the money comes once but ΰ would have more for ur layers and you would have some practice also.
B4 ΰ try that, make sure you have market. We sold to those Aboki's that hawk small chickens. Sorry I don't check this page so often.
Re: About Poultry Business by ade101(m): 8:22am On May 04, 2012
@davidzfarm your estimatn of 200 per bird as likely profit for 120 broilers cotradict what i learnt earlier.I was told by a practising farmer,when i asked about profit projectn in poultry (broiler ) keepn, that to take a broiler to a standard selling size (in Kg),I should be prepared to spend a feedn cost of 400naira per bed & the selln price is at 1200naira (minimum for non-festive period).So the profit =1200-400=800naira per bed.
I didnt include other cost like medicatn but i believe that if my profit projectn analysis is right,then they are well covered.Kindly help me look into my analysis & tell me what i may be getn wrong.Thanks everybody.
Re: About Poultry Business by pretty247: 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2012
Hi davidfarm been trying to reach u via ur cell no but to no avail am in abuja and will link to start a farm but i need ur help and advice pls
Re: About Poultry Business by boayinka: 7:39pm On Dec 15, 2012
Poultry farming in Nigeria has become one of the most important aspect of farming for many reasons. It create great business opportunity for Entrepreneurs, and provides employment for the job seeking citizens.

The Chicken and it's products are very rich source of protein of which we all agreed to that -- you and I need the proteins derived from chicken to maintain healthy living.

It is generally believed that every child needs not less than an egg a day for their normal growth. While every adult needs like ten in a week; Poultry also provides meat for delicacies -- no tribe or religion in Nigeria that forbids chicken meat. Everyone likes it, that's why poultry products sells very fast and in high demand.

The Benefits of Poultry Farming in Nigeria are so numerous that this page may not contain it all. Apart from the chicken being used as food, Poultry Farming is equally profitable. A good poultry farmer earns above N20 million per annum depending on how big the farm is. All these benefits are open to you if you start your own poultry farm today!

There are basically three different breeds of bird for poultry business. We have the Broilers, Cockerels, and Layers. The Broilers grows very faster and are ready for sale at 12 weeks from hatch. Cockerels grows slower and can take up to twenty four weeks before they are matured for marketing.

But, Cockerels are reliable in terms of survival and withstanding bad weathers. They are more resilient, and can absorb shocks far better than Layers and Broilers.
Poultry Farming is a bit capital intensive -- it's all like trading money to make more money. You need to prepare for this especially if you wants to start on a higher scale. But be assured of making back whatever amount of money you invested in the business in multiple fold within a short period of time. Before you venture into poultry farming business in Nigeria, you need to seat back and do proper calculation and planning; make sure you have idea of all the costs involved.

Re: About Poultry Business by boayinka: 8:01pm On Dec 15, 2012
Poultry farming in Nigeria has become one of the most important aspect of farming for many reasons. It create great business opportunity for Entrepreneurs, and provides employment for the job seeking citizens.

The Chicken and it's products are very rich source of protein of which we all agreed to that -- you and I need the proteins derived from chicken to maintain healthy living.

It is generally believed that every child needs not less than an egg a day for their normal growth. While every adult needs like ten in a week; Poultry also provides meat for delicacies -- no tribe or religion in Nigeria that forbids chicken meat. Everyone likes it, that's why poultry products sells very fast and in high demand.

The Benefits of Poultry Farming in Nigeria are so numerous that this page may not contain it all. Apart from the chicken being used as food, Poultry Farming is equally profitable. A good poultry farmer earns above N20 million per annum depending on how big the farm is. All these benefits are open to you if you start your own poultry farm today!

There are basically three different breeds of bird for poultry business. We have the Broilers, Cockerels, and Layers. The Broilers grows very faster and are ready for sale at 12 weeks from hatch. Cockerels grows slower and can take up to twenty four weeks before they are matured for marketing.

But, Cockerels are reliable in terms of survival and withstanding bad weathers. They are more resilient, and can absorb shocks far better than Layers and Broilers.
Poultry Farming is a bit capital intensive -- it's all like trading money to make more money. You need to prepare for this especially if you wants to start on a higher scale. But be assured of making back whatever amount of money you invested in the business in multiple fold within a short period of time. Before you venture into poultry farming business in Nigeria, you need to seat back and do proper calculation and planning; make sure you have idea of all the costs involved.

Re: About Poultry Business by boayinka: 8:03pm On Dec 15, 2012

Re: About Poultry Business by michodemic(m): 11:22am On May 13, 2013
Hello,
I will like to know where to get boar feeds in Ibadan. I have been making inquiries but all to no avail.
Thanks.

Ademola
Re: About Poultry Business by michodemic(m): 11:22am On May 13, 2013
Hello,
I will like to know where to get boar feeds in Ibadan. I have been making inquiries
boayinka:

but all to no a
boayinka:

vail.
Thanks.

Ademola
Re: About Poultry Business by knowledge4(m): 6:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
You want to do poultry farming,visit the signature below for comprehensive free details that will make a huge difference
Re: About Poultry Business by ultrazone(m): 11:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
mmm
Re: About Poultry Business by sp2002(m): 10:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
A farm supervised by SP2002 poultry & land consultancy, lagos.
Farm location :- kajola town, sagamu/abeokuta exp. Way
Number of birds:- 2500pullets

The birds are 8weeks old and doing perfectly ok
Re: About Poultry Business by ultrazone(m): 8:05pm On Jan 17, 2015
Re: About Poultry Business by joeyarticles: 1:20pm On Sep 25, 2023
To start a poultry business today, you need to first conduct market research to understand the demand for poultry products in your area. Then, you should secure a suitable location for your poultry farm and obtain the necessary permits and licenses. Next, you will need to purchase or construct the required infrastructure such as chicken coops, feeding and watering systems, and storage facilities. After that, you can acquire your initial..

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Is Catfish Sold In Ur Area Per Kg / Anambra State Inaugurates Tractor Service For Farmers / I Need Contacts Of Major Groundnut Oil Companies In Southwest Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.