Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Can Nigeria For Once Do A Movie Without Emphasis On Religion? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can Nigeria For Once Do A Movie Without Emphasis On Religion? (1016 Views)

Princess Adeola-Ogunwusi In Nigeria For Her Fathers Wedding / The Future Of African Traditional Religion. / Ifa - The True Religion Of The Yorubas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigeria For Once Do A Movie Without Emphasis On Religion? by paris10: 11:33pm On Dec 19, 2011
So much blasphemy in the Nigerian Movie scene. The so-called Nollywood is full of hypocrisy and ignorant chanting of religious melody. Can we for once do a decent movie without laying emphasis on the religion of either the producer or director?  Most Nollywood movies are often directed or produced  solely by Igbo guys (Christians), which often focus its attention or conclusion on redemption from God.

The Yoruba movies on the other hand rely and exhibit a constant trait of show casing their ignorance by using the Muslim actors and native doctors for remedy in virtually all their movies.

Can't we drift away from religious movies and be more assertive in bringing an end to all these stereotypical movie producers and directors? I've also noticed that Aso-rock has never been used in our movies. Moreso, I deduce that we've never used our jet bombers. What about shooting movies in Lekki, VGC ( not inside the house o). I mean the beautiful streets. What about going to Abuja and film the beautiful streets and attractions. I'm tired of seeing fat or obese Nigerian actor/actress just sitting on the sofa and shouting.

Can't we travel to india or the States and involve their actors as well? And can we stop using Asian men as white men pls! Lebanese and Niger guys should also stop pretending to be whites.

Can all the Nollywood actors stop the ignorant attitude of speaking English and Igbo at the same time. If they have to speak Igbo, let them speak it all through, but don't call it Nollywood pls. It's high time Igbo movie is re-introduced to the scene.

Can all the Yoruba actresses please hit the gym and get rid of those ugly and irritating tommy and fat? And please and pls, can all the Nikkas in the house stop wearing sweat shirts and jackets in 9ja. It's always 30-32 degree centigrade in 9ja, why the winter jackets? Olu Jacob should start wearing suit abeg. Tired of seeing him as Igwe. Can Genevieve pls resume her acting career and stop travelling with married men? She's not a mother Theresa. She is not among the top 100 of the most beautiful girls in 9ja. Flat and slippers b.r.e.a.s.t don spoil her beauty. She needs surgery on her face and bosom.

Omotola should start wearing jean again. Too much stretch mark don spoil her beauty. Her tommy is becoming round and round every day. We know she's not  pregnant.

Ini-edo got too much poo, and Mercy Johnson needs a nose job. Stephanie Okereke is ugly and needs a surgery on every part of her body.
Re: Can Nigeria For Once Do A Movie Without Emphasis On Religion? by iice(f): 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2011
Yikes
Re: Can Nigeria For Once Do A Movie Without Emphasis On Religion? by anonymous6(f): 12:23am On Dec 24, 2011
Nigeria can do a movie without emphasis on religion, I think their have been movies on that but for the majority of movies from Nollywood most will always have a religious theme to it, it's inevitable
Re: Can Nigeria For Once Do A Movie Without Emphasis On Religion? by paris10: 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2011
They can't stop ni. Always hiding under the pretence of religion.

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of The Recaptured Abobaku / Africa Needs Atheism But It Will Never Happen | I Hate Muslims / Olori Wuraola Ogunwusi Steps Out For African Fashion Week Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.