Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Confessions Of An Economic Hitman: Why Nigeria May Not Develop With Gej! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Confessions Of An Economic Hitman: Why Nigeria May Not Develop With Gej! (3172 Views)

(pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke / Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth / Ogun To Become An Economic Power House - Amosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confessions Of An Economic Hitman: Why Nigeria May Not Develop With Gej! by dboy365: 7:42pm On Dec 20, 2011
You dont wanna miss this confessions of why Nigeria and other under-developed economics wont make any progress ever!
Part II of this interview at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTbdnNgqfs8&feature=related
Part II of this interview at http://youtube.com/watch?v=29GhXsx7-Rs
Talk by John Perkins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVAcyvToTt8
Re: Confessions Of An Economic Hitman: Why Nigeria May Not Develop With Gej! by werepeLeri: 7:59pm On Dec 20, 2011
nonsense
Re: Confessions Of An Economic Hitman: Why Nigeria May Not Develop With Gej! by dboy365: 9:23pm On Dec 20, 2011
werepeLeri:

nonsense
I guess Internet wahala didnt allow you watch them
d.u.m.b.a.s.s
Re: Confessions Of An Economic Hitman: Why Nigeria May Not Develop With Gej! by Kay1kay1(m): 9:12am On Dec 21, 2011
Former adƷent, John Perkins . . .  His book is said to have reiterated a calculated  dependence on the WeϨt. In my opinion of this nation, there are more enemies within than out there.
Re: Confessions Of An Economic Hitman: Why Nigeria May Not Develop With Gej! by igbo2011(m): 9:12am On Jan 06, 2012
This is very true. We have talked about this in the past : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-777345.0.html
Read cap28's or my older posts: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=379179;sa=showPosts
Re: Confessions Of An Economic Hitman: Why Nigeria May Not Develop With Gej! by plaetton: 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2012
I read this book more than ten yrs ago.
So what is new now? so what is the connection with GEJ?
The contents of the book can be tied to the events of the babangida era. That is the person that mortgaged Nigeria. You Nigerians seem to suffer from selective amnesia. The destruction that the duo of Babangida and Abacha brought on Nigeria is what OBJ tirelessly tried to rebuild. After OGJ, the rapacious cabal regained lost ground and took us back a few more yrs during the Yaraua regime. GEJ is sincerea nd commited. He might appear shaky because of the overwhelming rot in the system and the overwhelming pressure from various conflicting interest groups. I firmly believe that is committed to the best long term interest of Nigeria. Same could not have been said for Babangida, Abacha and Yaradua, who moved the seat of govewrnment to their wive's kitchens.

I want to remind those of you who suffer amnesia that it is neither the world bank nor the imf that makes our democracy the most expensive in the world. They are not responsible for paying national assembly members $1.5 a yr. Compare that with India, our third wolrd peer and now an emerging economic superpower. Indian parliamentarians earn $3000 per month or $9000 (N1.5m) per quater before taxes. Who is the monkey in this case? Closer home in Africa, What about Botswana, south Africa, Angola and Ghana?
I wonder if they are blaming IMF and world bank for the rapid growth in their economies and standards of living. i wonder if IMF is the reason why we dont have 24 hr electricity after more than 100yrs after electricity was discovered. I also wonder if IMF is the reason why we import fuel, a product for which we are one of the lowest cost producers in the world. Our currency is weak and will forever remain weak because we do not have a productive base. We are a nation of consumers of everything imported. if we can import wooden furniture despite our abundance of forrestry resources, then something is wrong with our brains, not the IMF and World bank. Some of us and our past leaders are brain-dead monkeys.
Those trying to blame IMF and World bank are mentally indolent fools( I hat to use that word) who prefer to balme some external body than to take rsponsibility for the mess we have all, in variuos ways, helped to create.

As for this feul subsidy, its a necessary and live-saving surgery, but unfotunately, it did not come with any anaesthesia. So it is very painful.
A Pele to Nigerians. We will be ok.
What we should demand for and be vigilant of is honest commitment and accountability of those entrusted with power. Holding our leaders truely accountable is the true revolution.
It should start right now.
Re: Confessions Of An Economic Hitman: Why Nigeria May Not Develop With Gej! by igbo2011(m): 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2012
@platetton
We are not blaming them for everthing but if they didn't have the SAP of the 1980's then Nigeria wouldn't be in the situation we are in now. If America didn't kill Murtala or overthrow Buhari then we would have better governance now. ZTell them to get OUT OF our affairs. We don't need them at all. Chin, Brazil and India said NO to the IMF and they are emerging markets.
Re: Confessions Of An Economic Hitman: Why Nigeria May Not Develop With Gej! by tck2000(m): 1:14pm On Jun 01, 2019

(1) (Reply)

I Need A 100,000 Naira Loan Urgently. (To be paid back with interest) / Is There Any Business I Can Start With - N3500 / 50,000 Loan To Pay Back With Interest By December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.