Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Spring And Hibernate - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Spring And Hibernate (2210 Views)

Program To Logoff, Restart, Hibernate And Shutdown Your System / Hibernate Envers - EJB , Help Needed / Hibernate And Spring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spring And Hibernate by Chimanet(m): 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2011
Anybody used these frameworks in developing enterprise level applications here? have read so much about these two technologies but have not heard of anybody using it or saying anything about those cool stuffs on nairaland. Does it mean we don't do enterprise application development here? or is it that u guys use another set of tools?. sha, i intend using them in a generic hotel management system next yr
Re: Spring And Hibernate by Bossman(m): 7:02pm On Dec 21, 2011
I use these at my current contract and have also used them at other gigs. I am not based in Naija though. I am really not sure what those that develop enterprise level apps in Naija use.

Chimanet:

Anybody used these frameworks in developing enterprise level applications here? have read so much about these two technologies but have not heard of anybody using it or saying anything about those cool stuffs on nairaland. Does it mean we don't do enterprise application development here? or is it that u guys use another set of tools?. sha, i intend using them in a generic hotel management system next yr
Re: Spring And Hibernate by candylips(m): 9:57pm On Jan 17, 2012
i use both frameworks
Re: Spring And Hibernate by naijaswag1: 9:21pm On Jan 23, 2012
am using spring jdbc in place of normal jdbc,it helps eliminate alot of boilerplate code.
Re: Spring And Hibernate by Chimanet(m): 10:06pm On Jan 23, 2012
2 me i will say that spring and hibernate are one of the best things that have happened to JEE, i cant remember when last i open a connection, got a statement object.
Re: Spring And Hibernate by logica(m): 3:08pm On Jan 27, 2012
Chimanet:

2 me i will say that spring and hibernate are one of the best things that have happened to JEE, i cant remember when last i open a connection, got a statement object.
It simply means you've not had to handle bulk data transfers and manipulation, or you are using the wrong frameworks.
Re: Spring And Hibernate by candylips(m): 10:58am On Jan 31, 2012
there are other approaches now.

Spring hibernate is fast becoming old technology
Re: Spring And Hibernate by Chimanet(m): 10:51am On Mar 16, 2012
@candylips
pls which other options do we have currently?
Re: Spring And Hibernate by Ghenghis(m): 2:44pm On Mar 16, 2012
I use spring and hibernate ...
hibernate because i refuse to use jpa ( too old for annotations )
spring because they've thought of everything and it manages object lifecycle better than i'd do it myself : so better memory footprint
many hooks to numerous frameworks etc.
Re: Spring And Hibernate by candylips(m): 3:28pm On Mar 16, 2012
Chimanet: @candylips
pls which other options do we have currently?

Hibernate almost always becomes a pain when you try to access complex table structures or persist complex object graphs.

I find myself resulting to jdbc for these cases.

I will stick with raw jdbc or use Ibatis
Re: Spring And Hibernate by Chimanet(m): 8:35pm On Mar 16, 2012
@Candylips
JDBC again? not me. Really av been trying to do a bidirectional one to many relationship, is so Confusing using Hibernate, its not just giving me what i want, av tried using a join tables but when i save the entities the join table don't reflect it.av been trying to map Students and PhoneNumber. A student can have like zero or more phones u know, i can do it with representing the students id on the PhoneNumber table as a foreign key but that will lead me to HQL queries which m trying to avoid. Since am using an ORM tool i still believe that its possible to implement it elegantly cos an ORM tool should automate those tasks. may be i will check out ibatis, hope is fully complaint with JPA?
Re: Spring And Hibernate by candylips(m): 11:09pm On Mar 16, 2012
Chimanet: @Candylips
JDBC again? not me. Really av been trying to do a bidirectional one to many relationship, is so Confusing using Hibernate, its not just giving me what i want, av tried using a join tables but when i save the entities the join table don't reflect it.av been trying to map Students and PhoneNumber. A student can have like zero or more phones u know, i can do it with representing the students id on the PhoneNumber table as a foreign key but that will lead me to HQL queries which m trying to avoid. Since am using an ORM tool i still believe that its possible to implement it elegantly cos an ORM tool should automate those tasks. may be i will check out ibatis, hope is fully complaint with JPA?

Although you can use a join table it is not necessary

To get a bi-directional relationship one side has to own the relationship while the other references it

The owner of the relationship will be the M-1 side which is Phone so in the Phone object

@ManyToOne
@JoinColumn (name="Phone_id" )
private Phone phone;

so the 1-M side On the Student object will be like this

@OneToMany (mappedBy="phone" )
private Set phoneNumbers = new HashSet();

Get you hands dirty on Ibatis. It is better,faster and more flexible than Hibernate IMHO
Re: Spring And Hibernate by Chimanet(m): 12:52am On Mar 17, 2012
@candylips
well done for ur important contribution, my manager insist on we using hibernate for the project, anyway when am done with the project i will take my time and study ibatis wella. lyk for how long av u been using enterprise java? it seem u have much experience from your posts

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get A Value From Another Form Using C#.NET 2008 / My Semester GPA Calculator With Javascript / What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.