Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,811 members, 7,844,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Work Opportunities In South Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Work Opportunities In South Africa (1725 Views)

SUV Carrying US Holiday Makers Plunges Into River In South Africa (Photos) / Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? / Study Opportunities In Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Work Opportunities In South Africa by Dondav(m): 10:25pm On Dec 20, 2011
I'm on my way to south africa. I'm travelling to south africa to work first, then skul. My intention is to work, and pay my tuition fees afterwards. But don't know what kind of job opportunity awaits me. Pls, nairalanders in south africa should help me utilize the kind of jobs that are readily avialable for an undergraduate like me. Your responses will be highly welcome. Thanks
Re: Work Opportunities In South Africa by GuluvaGG(m): 7:14am On Dec 21, 2011
Do you have a work permit?
Re: Work Opportunities In South Africa by collinsfbi(m): 9:02am On Dec 21, 2011
I'm on my way to south africa. I'm travelling to south africa to work first, then skul. My intention is to work, and pay my tuition fees afterwards. But don't know what kind of job opportunity awaits me. Pls, nairalanders in south africa should help me utilize the kind of jobs that are readily avialable for an undergraduate like me. Your responses will be highly welcome. Thanks

Don't be deceived you can't get any job except if you want to go into crime (drugs) in SA. You sound so funny, you want to work to pay tuition in SA, you must be kidding, I will advise you to just sit back in naija and enjoy your daily amala, fufu and anything that comes your way rather than suffering yourself in SA. For your information things have changed drastically in SA, no more asylum so if you intend to over stay then you are likely to be in hot soup.

Gbammmm over and out
Re: Work Opportunities In South Africa by Dondav(m): 9:55am On Dec 21, 2011
How much will it cost to get a work permit?
Re: Work Opportunities In South Africa by paniki(m): 10:37am On Dec 21, 2011
@Dondav I don't know why you refuse to listen, you just want to cause heartache for yourself. First of all home affairs only grants work permits to people who already have job offers and the company that offers you a job must first prove that it couldn't find a South African who could do the job. Secondly, you will never be able to work 'honestly' to pay for your studies in SA. And thirdly, I've already told you that SA has 25% unemployment so what makes you think that you will arrive in SA and be preferred for a entry level job over the many millions of unemployed South Africans? Anyway, good-luck
Re: Work Opportunities In South Africa by collinsfbi(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2011
How much will it cost to get a work permit?

I don't think money is the issue but if you able to provide proof as regards the following

Offer of appointment
A letter of motivation from the employer why a citizen / resident could not fill the position, accompanied by documentary proof of efforts made to obtain the services of a citizen or resident
Proof of qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
Proof of registration with the professional body or board, if applicable
Proof of experience and skills in line with the job offer
The employer to submit a certification from the Department of Labour or an extraction from the database of a salary benchmarking organization detailing the average salary earned by employees fulfilling similar positions in the Republic

with these, you are good to go

@Dondav I don't know why you refuse to listen, you just want to cause heartache for yourself. First of all home affairs only grants work permits to people who already have job offers and the company that offers you a job must first prove that it couldn't find a South African who could do the job. Secondly, you will never be able to work 'honestly' to pay for your studies in SA. And thirdly, I've already told you that SA has 25% unemployment so what makes you think that you will arrive in SA and be preferred for a entry level job over the many millions of unemployed South Africans? Anyway, good-luck
[b]@paniki, [/b]thanks for more clarification

Gbammmmmmmmm over and out
Re: Work Opportunities In South Africa by justwise(m): 11:04am On Dec 21, 2011
@Dondav

I don't know why you keep opening thread after thread but not ready to take advice given to you,
Re: Work Opportunities In South Africa by justwise(m): 11:59am On Dec 21, 2011

(1)

Man Caught In A Travelling Bag Trying To Be Smuggled Into The USA [pics] / Help! Where Can I Board A Bus Going To Yola From Lagos / Full List: UAE Approves 70 Countries For Visa-on-arrival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.