Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,188 members, 7,953,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:49 PM

Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt (21094 Views)

Esojay Luciano: The Luciano Effect Mixtape(classick) / Who Is Esojay Luciano? This Guy Is The Best: / Kevin Luciano Arrested? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by Yeske2(m): 2:16pm On Dec 24, 2011
Too bad to say the least, not a must you would like every artiste. They would have simply walked away. Our apologies to the Jamaican
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 24, 2011
BinghiNya:

Ph crowd should count themselves lucky luciano is not someone like [size=18pt]ninjaman[/size] elephant man or bountikillah silly retards who dont know luciano as a trade mark artiste sorry mi breddren it ah one ah dem bad days one love

lol first of all i don't know if Ele or Bounty would have performed there but NINJA?!! They would have had to kill him!!  grin And someone like Supercat or the likes? Smh. That's all I have to say about that!!

dmainboss:

I am more disappointed with the comments I have read here than what the PH guys did.

1. Luciano is a world class artist and cannot, I repeat cannot be compared to any artist in Nigeria. Pleaseeeeee. I you dont know music, go and learn. If you think Terry G and Timaya and P Square are talented when they cant even sing without the aid of computer, then you are a product of the failed Nigerian education system. These Nigerian artist can only mine on stage and you calll them talented? You lot are a disgrace. Luciano is a legend and his performances are world class. I can understand if you say the PH crowd do not know him. But to say he is less talented than these wack Nigerian computer miming artists, is just ridiculous.

2. Warri guys would never do that. Warri is a town where real reggae trives. One of the most popular reggae artist is Warri is Sonia spence. Another is lucky Dube. Calabar is another strong reggae city. PH is a highlife town and all they can really appreciate is high life. High life  is great music so dont get me wrong.

3. CNN just released a list of the most popular African artists and only 3 Nigerians made it. Asa at no 1, Nneka at no 3 and Tuface at no 4. These are true Nigerian artists with real talent. All these other people you call talented artists are not on the list because they are simply local champions. All they do is hype and false claims. Using computer to help their singing. They cannot hold regular concerts and shows around the world and their music is not even in stores around the world. So please dont compare them to legends like Luciano.

http://9jabeats.com/ranking.php?mode=blog&message_id=685&row_template=news_page.tpl

4. Many of these posts here just shows the kind of music many Nigerians listen to and why many Nigerians have very low mentality. How can you listen to lyrics from Psquare, Terry G and Wizkid and end up intelligent? I hope you dont bring up your kids with such trash

GBAM!!!!!!  cool cool cool 100 PERCENT CORRECTO!!!

StarBoard:

Even if he wasn't well-known,which I find to be untrue,there isn't any justification for the treatment meted to him.
Besides,Luciano is a pillar in the dancehall scene.That folks don't do their research shouldnt be reason to label him unknown.
I know him well because I pay attention to reggae/dancehall and I know Luciano is a big deal in Jamaica.

It's illiterate people that will stone him Because they dont know him.
Though it's not right to label PH folks that way,I know that it is mostly miscreants who patronize those shows.Its little wonder that no foreign music artiste has been brought to the city since Wyclef's hemp disgrace here a few years ago.The above reeks of ignorance.If you can conclude Luciano is washed un because of a hit that crossed over to the mainstream,you should be ashamed of yourself.Do your study on Luciano before posting.[/b]Not the point.
[b]When Tuface and co went abroad at first,were they stoned at the shows/concerts they appeared in?
That behavior is uncivil and disgraceful and there is no excuse for it at all.[/b]it is no way to treat a foreign visitor who came in peace.For a country that needs all the help it can get,this is a black mark on our already tattered image.On point.
Ignorance at its highest.[b]People react mostly in a hostile manner to things they don't know.Yet this man used to kill Sunsplash year after year with sizzling performances,.Folks say they know Reggae and can appreciate Ras Kimono but not Luciano at the same event?
How ignorant.

Thank you!!  cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by noblemuk: 11:32pm On Dec 24, 2011
Its a big pity a great artiste like Luciano wasn't received by the Nigerian youth. His songs holds very positive messages and he has been compared to the likes of Bob Marley, only that his genre of reggae music is gospel. You should try his collections. Luciano is very good.
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by gazagal(f): 12:10am On Dec 25, 2011
As a Jamaican I feel bad for you guys that threw tings at the messager as he is called in ja, Bob Marley say long time Africans must unite, pure foolishness, I bet if JayZ come there and call yuh niggas you would applaud,
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by namdo(m): 3:18am On Dec 25, 2011
luciano is still a great reggae artist. I enjoy his music. he should not be in that kind of free gathering but it is part of the experience and that track sweep over my soul should bring him back some courage to go on. JAH messenger my man, it's just little persecution.
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by sniperwolf(m): 7:39am On Dec 25, 2011
PH! PH!! PH!!! How many times did I call you
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by cynthiafred67(f): 1:19am On Dec 26, 2011
Well I don't blame the artist I blame the organisers.
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by Relax101(m): 3:37am On Dec 26, 2011
I am so disappointed.
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by GGGIAN1: 5:44am On Dec 26, 2011
HELLO PEOPLE.

CAN SOME OF YOU COME AND DISCUSS THIS STONING OF LUCIANO IN THIS SITE:

WWW.FEVEREYES.COM.

IT IS A CARIBBEAN COMMUNITY.

MAYBE SOME OF YOU CAN SEE THAT THERE IS LIFE ELSEWHERE AND

HAVE SOME COMPASSION FOR YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

PEACE.

IT TAKES ABOUT 60 SECONDS TO SIGN UP.

THE LINK TO THE FORUM IS HERE:

http://www.caribbeanfevercommunity.com/profiles/blogs/jamaican-reggae-star-luciano-stoned-in-port-harcourt

SEE THE REAL WARRI THERE.
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2011
^^hmmm gonna check that out.  smiley

gazagal:

As a Jamaican I feel bad for you guys that threw tings at the messager as he is called in ja, Bob Marley say long time Africans must unite, pure foolishness, I bet if JayZ come there and call yuh niggas you would applaud,

Gazagal?  grin

a gully mi seh lol. just kidding.  cheesy I agree with the red part.
Mi a yardie too.  wink an at first mi did vex but a just tru dem nuh kno bout Jamaican culture an don't really care but a so it go.  wink
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by gazagal(f): 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2011
Mi vex, still!!! Happy Boxing Day!!
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by frankster: 12:42pm On Dec 27, 2011
No feel nuh way, a same suh Micheal  perform a yard and dem "boo" him and demand "bob", seeit deh bob tun star, maybe this is a foreshadowing of "p square" or the rise of Nigerian music.
love Iya
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by nattyspice: 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2011
This is just disgusting ,this really shows how uninformed some Nigerians are. Luciano can only be compared to Asa ,Femi Kuti and 2face in the world of music.Where those PH guys on weed ? I pray he gets over the humiliating experience he got in Portharcourt from his fellow Africans brothers. I hope Nigerian radio stations will start playing songs from contemporary roots reggae artiste like,SIzzla, Jah cure,Morgan heritage,Queen Ifrica,Anthony B,Richie Spice,Junior Gong Marley,fanton Mojah etc the way it is done in Ghana, Gambia, Kenya, Zimbabwe etc.
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:30am On Dec 29, 2011
gazagal:

Mi vex, still!!! Happy Boxing Day!!

grin LOL!!!
nuh worry bout it. a so dem stay.
happy LATE boxing day to you too!! lol smiley
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by cichella(m): 6:44am On Dec 29, 2011
i
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by KakiP(m): 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2011
if it's not Duncan mighty or Waconzy or M Kaze performing,forget it.
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by nyabingi(m): 12:16am On Dec 31, 2011
Luciano is one of Jamaica's great music legends and his lyrics are quite inspiring compare to some trash we listen to in nigeria, before anybody goes ahead to criticize i suggest u do a research on he man and his music, i did not know him before until a friend told me about him, For the fact that root reggae is not popular in nigeria does not mean its not relevant. they sing conscious tunes IE songs that appeals to man's conscience, the organizers were not mistaken to have invited him to PH, if they didn't like his music the best they could have done was to just watch till his show time elapsed, its just not right cos the people of Jamaica people loves Nigerians and Africans cos they believe it was their ancestral home!!

Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by silassolomon: 1:34pm On Apr 16, 2012
Illiteracy.....illiteracy....is d biggest n highest order of one to be a qualified member in d kingdom of Lucifer,cos any one dt hv d fear of n as a child of God shud not involved him/her self in such an evil act! Wht a shame to those dt doesn't know God n are not willing to know him better through such an oppurtunity we got,personally ds is an oppurtunity I've bn praying to God for,so see Luciano eye-to-eye. Luciano never know I exits, bt no music on d surface of d earth dt makes me feel God exits n sooner or later we'll all be gone some day like dt of luciano's music/message. I believe Rhymzo will never b happy wt wht has happen,I don't knw y people often find more pleasure in d things dt have no sence/meaning/important or wil not help their spiritual growth,I'm a nigerian n I cherish no such of non-sence music play by most of ds Naija musicians mostly dt hv no idea of Jah himself! Wht a pity. Jah live.....Jah messenger n let them dt hate Jah scattered,buttered,n flattered,as d smoke is driven away by d wind,so drive them away oh...JAH
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by Evaromantik(m): 1:52pm On May 28, 2015
I didn't knw why some piple reason like morons......why on earth would you trow objects on him?.......is it because you piple dnt play raggae here in Nigeria?.........do you know what it takes to bring a jamaican raggae artist to a show?........you said improving african culture forgeting that raggae music is the music with which africans are known... ....dnt blame you white washed tombs,all you want to hear in a music is "waist","p**sy",boobs","d**k","bum-bum" etc.........non of you know what is music........becus u dnt undstand his english,browse for their lyrics and see how meanninful they are,unlike these effing songs we listen to,here in naija.........pls learn to wellcome strangers and treat forign musicians with love.......though Jamaicans are American as the case may be today,they stil love Africa or than America because they know that they all are from Africa.........I LOVE BLACK
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by Evaromantik(m): 1:57pm On May 28, 2015
Nuh mind dem mi chargie.....dem ah nuh jah pipo.....ol dem want ah babylon music.......issi tuh jah seh dem nuh wound yuh.....jah ah camfort im prophet.......jah knw seh,mi nuh sapport dem babylon style......mi lave yuh breda
Re: Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt by Mentcee(m): 8:23am On Dec 31, 2015
^^Not only a grammy nominee but one of the most respected and respectable
artists out there PERIOD!!! Pan-Africanist and SOOOO humble. Had the honor of meeting him and when i tell you
this man has a pure soul, i am NOT bullshieting. He definitely didn't deserve that DISRESPECT nor FO0LS on here referring to him as "washed up". I just hope Luciano learns from this and goes where he receives the same love he shows. tongue I think it should be a wrap when it comes to him performing in Nigeria.
thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yemi Alade Album 'Empress' Tracklist. Set To Release Album (Photo) / Nas Vs Jayz / Falz Does Cover Of Childish Gambino's "This Is America" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.