Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

The Law - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Law (765 Views)

The Law Of Least Effort (good Read) / Using The Law Of Attraction To Attract Money / Where Can I Buy Dele Ogun's Book: The Law, The Lawyers And The Lawless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Law by mute4real: 2:27am On Dec 22, 2011
During the 2nd World War, Doctors had to come up with a formula or what we might call a system of knowing which of the injured soldiers should be saved and which to let die. And what sort of care should be given to them.

Life is in phases, and there is a time for everything. Some of us don’t know that everything means EVERYTHING. The rules of the game changes based on the phase you are in. Understanding the times and seasons is critical in the journey of life. If I was writing for my students in the School for Personal Leadership, I’d have said understanding the times and seasons is critical in the journey to significance. The preacher says “There is a time for everything.”

My heart is heavy, very heavy. Sometimes I wish the burden in my heart can be transferred to someone else so I can live the kind of life most people are living. Where you just have the same set of friends for decades, or maybe just add a few. Where everything just seem to be okay. There is hardly any fight. And even if there are it’s about what color of shoes to put on or what shirt should go with what pants, etc. How I enjoy such fights.

The Law says, “Nothing rocks forever.” The Law says, “For everything there is a time and a purpose.” The Law says, “There is no straight line.” The Law says, “It cannot remain like this indefinitely.” The Law says, “There must be an exception.” The Law says, “No single rule can apply to everybody.” The Laws says, “Some people will be above the law.”

In the last few days, I have removed two very beautiful people from my friends list on facebook. I felt very sad about it because both of them are purposeful. They are actually going somewhere to happen. And if they continue in their paths they will get there. Nothing will stop them. But we just could not get along because, according to them, I have an attitude problem. Sorry, I have a very, very, very, big attitude problem. I am full of myself, I write like a god, I don’t care how people feel, and I think my opinions on issues must be final.

If three close friends leave the same place at the same time. All headed for the market place. For most part of the trip they will be together. But at a certain point they have to separate because the three of them are in the market to buy different things. If they insist on remaining together because attitude is everything or old friends are best friends, then only one might end up purchasing the wares he came to purchase. Now, it is possible that three of them might still be able to get what they came for, but they would spend three times the needed time and the chance buying what they came to buy would have dropped to thirty percent. God help them if the seller tells them someone else just bought the last item because they came late.

During the 2nd World War, Doctors had to come up with a formula or what we might call a system of knowing which of the injured soldiers should be saved and which to let die. And what sort of care should be given to them. They did this because they needed to maximize resources. This was what they did.

• If the wounded soldier was going to die no matter the treatment they administered, they let him die. He was going to die anyway.
• If the wounded soldier was in deep pain, but was going to live even if they did not administer treatment, they administered no treatment. He was going to live anyway.
• If the wounded soldier cannot go back to the frontline even if they gave him the best treatment they could, they just stabilized him. He was not going to be useful in the war anymore anyway.
• If the wounded soldier’s life was dependent on the treatment and will still be useful in the war, they treated him.

Now, do you think the Doctors and Nurses were happy with the system? Do you think they felt good applying the system? A soldier is just brought back to the medizone, two of his legs have been blasted off by a grenade, his intestines are outside of his stomach, held in the hands of another soldier supporting him as he is rushed to the medizone. The intestines are already infected by that act. The wounded soldier is crying, “Help me, don’t let me die, I have a wife and kid back home, please don’t let me die.” How do you think the doctors felt when they saw these sights day after day?

In this life you are not called to carry everybody along. You cannot carry everybody along. God has not given any one man that mandate. When you read those books where they say “Attitude Is Everything,” “Friendships Are Forever,” etc. They are talking to the people at the center. If you really want to attain significance, if you must operate at your maximum potential, you must go to the edge. At the edge, the first thing you learn is how to manage your emotions. Believe me, you don’t have the resources to cater for everybody.

You cannot know everybody, like everybody, please everybody. And you will never be loved by everybody. The Law makes sure of that. It does not make the others bad people. It just means you are going to the market to buy different things. The surest way to fail is to try and please everybody. Less than ten percent of the people who read this note will agree with me. But do you think I care? Do you honestly believe that I care? The few that God has predestined before the foundation of the world to go this journey with me will come along. The others belong to someone else.

Mute Efe,
+234-803-874-9796

Warning: All articles written and published by Mute Efe are the intellectual property of the writer, reproduction of the writer’s articles either in part or whole must be done with the prior consent of Mute Efe.

N.B*
If you are interested in the online School for Personal Leadership 2012, January session, holding completely on facebook, please text
INTERESTED*FULL NAMES [Surname, middle name (if any), first name]*SEX*STATE OF RESIDENCE (If residing in Nigeria)*COUNTRY*EMAIL*PHONE NUMBER or 1 (If you're texting from your phone) to +234-803-874-9796. For example:
INTERESTED*AUDU EMEKA TUNDE * M * LAGOS * NIGERIA * auduemekatunde@yahoo.com * 1
Online classes will commence on the 2nd of January

Payment details will be sent to you within 24hrs. Fee for the January session is N5,050.
Re: The Law by mute4real: 7:48am On Dec 28, 2011
Hey,

I am relatively new here. Is there something I am supposed to say or do before people post their response to the note. Is there like a passcode or something? A little help will go a long way.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Newest Romance Book Factory / The Litigators; John Grisham / Make Upto #100k With Just Your Writing Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.