Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,379 members, 7,815,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! (7934 Views)

Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach / A List Of U-23 Players From 1988 To 2008 That Progressed Into The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 22, 2011
Rubbish from Keshi.It's this nonsense that pis.ses me off on end.
How does wearing ear-ring in camp co-relate to performance on the pitch?
When Ronaldinho was world footballer of the year and wearing ear-rings and extensions, did his national team coach complain?
Cristiano Ronaldo who is one of the best footballers on the planet and was WFOTY  some time ago was on active earings and still wears them.
Same with Romario and countless others.
Instead of looking for how to improve our soccer fortunes,Keshi should stop chasing shadows,unless he doesn't have anything to offer.Even if our players became altar boys overnight,they will still be WACK.
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by Madrista: 2:10pm On Dec 22, 2011
Hope it last long
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by aribisala0(m): 2:14pm On Dec 22, 2011
the list goes on

maradona
balotelli
beckham
aguero
ronaldo de lima
okocha

as i pointed out it is part of the Fulani culture
so there really is no basis to this except a personal dislike.
people in the south shout agains sharia but fail to see when similar tendencies are dressed up as culture.
The national team is not a secondary school team

If he has to back down in the end he will look quite ridiculous
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by 4reigningqueen: 2:17pm On Dec 22, 2011
plz leave my guy out of this.besides i cant see any ear ring here

Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 22, 2011
StarBoard:

Rubbish from Keshi.It's this nonsense that pis.ses me off on end.
How does wearing ear-ring in camp co-relate to performance on the pitch?
When Ronaldinho was world footballer of the year and wearing ear-rings and extensions, did his national team coach complain?
Cristiano Ronaldo who is one of the best footballers on the planet and was WFOTY  some time ago was on active earings and still wears them.
Same with Romario and countless others.
Instead of looking for how to improve our soccer fortunes,Keshi should stop chasing shadows,unless he doesn't have anything to offer.Even if our players became altar boys overnight,they will still be WACK.
Thank you Jare when people have nothing to offer they will start chasing shadows. If he likes he should shave their hair and
put them in suits even wear choir robes for them sef they will still play rubbish. That is why Africa is always last in everything our priorities are always wrong. Nigeria is full of the biggest hypocrites
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by sniperwolf(m): 2:40pm On Dec 22, 2011
The discipline is good, but he needs to concentrate more on results
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by SapeleGuy: 2:41pm On Dec 22, 2011
Baba Keshi - Thank you.

Next you must teach them how to dismantle the opposition with tackling. Fine boy with earring is not cut out for that type of football.
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by Konnektions146(m): 2:52pm On Dec 22, 2011
supported
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by PeeBee: 2:57pm On Dec 22, 2011
Would be great if they score more goals and win more matches after this!
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by Bolt2011(m): 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2011
LMAO, Naija i hail thee. Is this discipline? Abi earrings will hold their legs back from scoring goals?
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by yunafa(f): 4:12pm On Dec 22, 2011
wearing earrings don't determine howa proper soccer match should be played neither does it determine the level of discipline while in camp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keshi, should stop trying to be unnecessarily vocal.
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by fred2265: 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2011
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by Akwasi(m): 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2011
Way to go Keshi. He will have been better than sis2, my opinion. Abeg no tongue lashers here
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by Freiburger(m): 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2011
He will soon be offering players the facilities to prove their s-e-xaul orientations. undecided undecided undecided
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by ogbongzky(m): 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2011
Na because of earrings we no qualify for ACN?
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by Ifemyke: 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2011
Keshi you are perfectly in order. I support you a 100%.

Meanwhile, for the big match tonight, ie tottenham vs chelsea, read all the preview on www.footballfile.com
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by cold(m): 6:59pm On Dec 22, 2011
This is the Nigerian USA 94 squad. (the best crop of Super eagles IMHO) I can spot Amokachie wearing a stud.While i'm not a fan of earrings,I don't see how it translates to performance (or lack thereof) on the pitch

Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by Lestyman: 3:44am On Dec 23, 2011
What Nigerians and football fans need right now is good result, we dont care either they wear earring or blow there hears. We want actions and good result

Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by ramalot(m): 5:44am On Dec 23, 2011
very unnecessary move if you ask me. ear rings in no way impede the ability of a man to play football. Imposing personal ideology on adults, as a result of a position of authority does not make you a better leader. He is displaying a crude approach; the same kind that has kept Africa where it is at.

He might as well ban his players from speaking the english language, coz as far as i know, thats not "African"
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:49pm On Dec 23, 2011
If you understand Keshi's motives, you will understand his actions - Yes how you wear your tattoos or ear rings or nut-busters do not connect with how you play - Your Attitude affects your performance on the other hand. It is very common with Players who make up for low-confidence with outlandish hairstyles and body-piercings and tattoos. Yes it can make one look confident, bold and brave but really it is a psychological facade - when faced with a situation that requires real confidence built from repeated disciplined experience. such lads will simply recede into their shell and start fumbling on the field of play in front of players who have built their Confidence from Experience and not from BeatsByDre headphones, ear-studs, flashy carrs, tattoos and a fake foreign accent. I am not confident when it comes to Keshi's pedigree but i see reason with his decision.
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by Maykelly(f): 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2011
ear ring makes them forget they are men.
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by otokx(m): 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2011
Keshi has decided to shoot himself in the foot while still laying on the bed; good luck to him.
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by idifu(m): 3:59pm On Dec 23, 2011
Keshi must av been high on drogba,shevchenko plus lampard( plenty ogogoro) wen he made dis statement, dis is d dumbest statement av heard 4rm any Naija futbol coach ear rings,tatoos dis has notin 2 do with performance of playas on field of play
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by itiswell1(m): 6:40pm On Dec 23, 2011
When Siasia started is discipline campaign with punishing those with disciplinary issues like coming to camp latem insorburdination etc we were complaining. Here is Keshi starting his own campaign by barning earrings. I dey laugh o.
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by medjai(m): 4:19pm On Dec 24, 2011
I don't understand how wearing or non-wearing of earrings impacts a player's performance. This is just uncalled for. . . And his reason, it's non-African? We might as well wear buba and kembe instead of wearing jerseys and shorts to play football.

Keshi should just focus on what's important. Decisions like this are unnecessary.
Re: New Nigeria Soccer Coach Stephen Keshi Bans Players From Wearing Earrings! by EfeEkarume(m): 7:57pm On Dec 25, 2011
Perfect disciplinary measure by Keshi! . . .as well as their ear holes, it should be permanently sealed too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2021 AFCON May Be Cancelled Over COVID Omicron Variant / 2014: The Return Of Lionel Messi / NFF Invites 26 Home-Based Eagles For Congo Invitational Tournament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.