Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. (9938 Views)

Woman Pregnant For Judge Who Dissolve Her Marriage After 3 Months (pic) / I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / His Friend And His Wife Are Having An Affair! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by bsgwebs: 7:48am On Dec 22, 2011
How to mend a marriage after an affair.
One of the most devastating, destructive events that can happen to a marriage is the heartbreak left in the wake of an affair. Now that it's over - really over - you want to try to pick up the pieces.
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by Sub5(m): 8:38am On Dec 22, 2011
You will just need to go and make it right with your spouse, and asking for forgiveness, then on the other side, she/he should be ready to give a second chance.
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by Afam4eva(m): 5:58pm On Dec 22, 2011
This love thingy sounds boring to say the least.
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by moremi2008(m): 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2011
You will need to provide more details to get any meaningful advice. Are you a guy? Who cheated? You or your spouse? Was it a one-night stand or was it a full-blown several-month affair? There is no panacea for every situation. It all depends.
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by Akwasi(m): 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2011
You need to pray to get the strength to move on. It is very painful
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by ifyalways(f): 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2011
Moremi is right. @poster answer her questions truthfully . . . And lastly, who initiated the break up, the cheat partner or the man/woman outside
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by Ranoscky(m): 11:41pm On Dec 22, 2011
*Eatin hot boli and granut and flushin it down with chilled coke while waitin for answer*
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by our9ja: 3:58am On Dec 23, 2011
At postal thanks for very much for this your post @moremi and all i get one babe when i dey date for like 6years and to be honest i dey feel say when the money come we go do wedding , Now 2 weeks ago we get smal misunderstanding and for like a week communicate,because her fone off.
So few days ago when she come visiting me ,i find out say she don go run SHOW
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by eridah2007(m): 6:27am On Dec 23, 2011
our9ja:

At postal thanks for very much for this your post @moremi and all i get one babe when i dey date for like 6years and to be honest i dey feel say when the money come we go do wedding , Now 2 weeks ago we get smal misunderstanding and for like a week communicate,because her fone off.
So  few days ago when she come visiting me ,i find out say she don go run SHOW

Guy,how bout u,you nor run show too?lol
Abeg forgive her if you can,if you cant,just let her go.

I believe dis is the only guy that responded correctly to the topic on board so far.
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by AreaFada2: 6:56am On Dec 23, 2011
Poster,

You cannot oooo. After somebody chop clean mouth, he wan come begin mend fence? Except it is a semi-open relationship.

One person has to just take the humiliation if anything. If children are involved, then ok.

If people still have an eye for somebody outside, maybe people should now start considering polygamy and polyandry officially.

All this one man, one woman thing is not working.

With Nigerian women topping prosmicuity league table recently, not a bad idea.
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by eridah2007(m): 7:21am On Dec 23, 2011
@OP
I WILL APPLY THE LAST WORDS JESUS CHRIST SAID ON THE CROSS,THERE'S NO SECOND CHANCE IN MY DICTIONARY.WHETHER CHILDREN ARE INVOLED OR NOT,I DON'T CARE.
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by horny4u(f): 8:39am On Dec 23, 2011
You will have to patiently wait for the other half to burn out the hurt and begin to trust you again.
All you can do is to repent and show it in your actions.
If you close from work at 6pm be home by 6.30pm at most with a rose , choc or jewellery, by default i prefer the "R" Range rover , Rolex etc
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 23, 2011
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by Okijajuju1(m): 11:12am On Dec 23, 2011
Talk about it. . .

Find out the root cause of it (if she/he is a nymp'h/pig then say your goodbyes).

Try counselling (for Africans/Nigerians, I suggest you keep it to yoursleves and dont go telling your pastor or relatives, thats bound to cause more harm than good because they are not trained counsellors and their counsel most times are sh'it)

Work on rebuilding/regaining the trust of your partner. This is going to be the hardest part and can never be achieved in one night.

Finally, do not repeat it again.

P.S; To everyperson out there, the only thing worse than chaeting on your spouse is keeping another relationship outside. I say this because a one night stand is purely physical and is easy to get over (for the cheater) and to forgive, but a relationship is emotional and almost always leads to a break-up if not controlled and handled properly.
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by ssjalo(m): 11:34am On Dec 23, 2011
@ poster.
[size=8pt] First trust yourself and approach her at the right time but manners matters a lot.Apologies to her sincerely and never repeat it again,trust her always.Repeat the words i'm sorry always it hurt as a man but never mind and add some formula you will succeed.[/size]
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by Ozegbe(m): 1:12pm On Dec 23, 2011
for me, a very jealous guy, i wont even think about it the second time before she goes, wat the hell ( sorry for shouting) just trying to imagine another man entering my wife/gf cun.t GOOOOSH i will never enter it again no matter the amount of holy water use to clean it,
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by ronkebp(f): 4:03pm On Dec 23, 2011
horny4u:

You will have to patiently wait for the other half to burn out the hurt and begin to trust you again.
All you can do is to repent and show it in your actions.
If you close from work at 6pm be home by 6.30pm at most with a rose , choc or jewellery, by default i prefer the "R" Range rover , Rolex etc

See ole!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin RR ko, QQ ni!!!!!!
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by HISchild: 4:58pm On Dec 23, 2011
Pray and try hard to forgive, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of GOD;” - Rom 3:23.

-------
"Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven."
- Mat 18:21-22
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2011
Ozegbe:

for me, a very jealous guy, i wont even think about it the second time before she goes, wat the hell ( sorry for shouting) just trying to imagine another man entering my wife/gf cun.t GOOOOSH i will never enter it again no matter the amount of holy water use to clean it,

sofa u too no cheat on her, then its all well and good.
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by ronkebp(f): 5:23pm On Dec 23, 2011
Ozegbe:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ozegbe that your jealousy no go do nothing, you will accept her back with lotta love in those eyes grin grin grin grin grin, shey!! na enter dey fear you, how about those that are living inside the gv.kunt kwa!!!!
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by bsgwebs: 5:24pm On Dec 23, 2011
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 24, 2011
Many unsincere comments here. In most parts of the world the mending or ending depends on the gender of the party that does the cheating. Unfortunate but true. Even Jesus acknowledges that heart of a man is too hard so Moses advised the issuance of divorce certificate in such situations.

Why is it easy to catch a man that cheats? Because the chances of the woman getting over the hurt is 90%. So the level of carefulness is like 4 on a scale of 10.

Why is it difficult to catch the a woman? Because the chances of getting forgiveness is NIL so the level of carefulness is 10 on a scale of 10.
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by dasparrow: 4:26pm On Dec 24, 2011
Area-Fada:

Poster,

You cannot oooo. After somebody chop clean mouth, he wan come begin mend fence? Except it is a semi-open relationship.

One person has to just take the humiliation if anything. If children are involved, then ok.

If people still have an eye for somebody outside, maybe people should now start considering polygamy and polyandry officially.

All this one man, one woman thing is not working.

With Nigerian women topping prosmicuity league table recently, not a bad idea.

@bolded, I am not suprised that that has become the case IF it is true. Infidelity is high in Nigeria because society does not frown on a man cheating on his wife. Both naija men and women make excuses for husbands who cheat on their wives. Polygamy is also acceptable in Naija. So, it was only a matter of time before some women chose to join the game. It is a clear case of hate the game and not the player. I think that if people cannot be faithful to their spouses, they should not get married. I mean how hard can that be? but of course, most nigerians have an obnoxious habit of forcing every dick and harry to go get married as if marraige is suitable for everyone. In the end, they begin to commit adultary and pass all types of STDs to their spouse.

@Topic
Once trust (the heart beat of a relationship) is gone, then there is no need wasting time in the union anymore. I don't see why two people should remain in a "relationship" if they can no longer trust each other. It's just common sense. An affair will cause feelings of trust to disappear in the union so there really is nothing to mend. Go and hook up with the person you were cheating with and take care of your kids if you have any. Shikena!

1 Like

Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by Loveaflame(m): 8:56pm On Dec 24, 2011
It's not that easy.It depends on so many factors.If the partner made a mistake and fell into it and is willing to make a u turn,if their is strong love and respect it can be mended with time.

On the other hand if the spouse has made it an hobby such can never be mended.The other partner may decide to stay due to many reasons base o internal and external factors,but the spouse can never be forgiven and if forgiven such will be be a strong grace.

The bottom line is his our society has become s evil that many things that shouldn't be is in vogue.So many marriages are only a shadow of the past to due to infidelity.The bold ones were able to break free from such marriages. While the fearful ones are dying in silence.

[center][size=8pt] GOD HELP US ALL[/size][/center]
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 24, 2011
Give your spouse time to heal.

Don't force them to forgive you or go out of your way just to annoy them.
Give them the space and time they desire and ESPECIALLY answers to their questions!
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by otiigba1(m): 11:42am On Dec 25, 2011
no mending, no second chances, if you cheat it means you are no longer interested in the marriage
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by adaphik(f): 4:30pm On Dec 25, 2011
Ozegbe:

R u saying u hv never entered other ppl's gf/wf's cu.nt?  R u aware your previous gf is a wife to smonelse?

oti-igba:

no mending, no second chances,  if you cheat it means you are no longer interested in the marriage

how can u say this?
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by otiigba1(m): 11:52am On Dec 26, 2011
adaphik:

R u saying u hv never entered other ppl's gf/wf's cu.nt? R u aware your previous gf is a wife to smonelse?
how can u say this?
because why would you have an affair? if you are not happy(what ever happy means to you) in your marriage, walk away quietly besides whats makes you think you wont do it again? and what are the guarrantees of happiness in having an affair? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry people who have an affair never stops they enjoy it. so i say no mending!! no second chances!! throw them out of your house!!
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by fecofrance: 6:07am On Dec 27, 2011
:d wink
Re: How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. by fecofrance: 4:57am On Dec 30, 2011
cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals / I Just Don't Understand My Marriage Anymore... Please Help.. / What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.