Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,842 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Hail Mary: Does Catholicism Contradicts The Written Word? (pls Read) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hail Mary: Does Catholicism Contradicts The Written Word? (pls Read) (832 Views)

When Last Did You Say The Hail Mary As A Christian / True Story Of The Hail Mary Of A Protestant / What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hail Mary: Does Catholicism Contradicts The Written Word? (pls Read) by AKO1(m): 10:13pm On Oct 02, 2007
I'm not a catholic, do not intend on being one and do not look down on them in any way. There are just some things that seem contradictory to the teachings in the bible.
Firstly, the bible clearly states:"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, " (King James Bible, Exodus 20:4,5).

The Bible clearly warns against even BOWING to a graven image. God is a jealous God and will not share His rightful glory with another.

"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." (Isaiah 42:cool
Isaiah 42:8 can only be interpreted one way, God is stingy when it comes to sharing glory and praise. It really makes God angry when anyone hails (praises) Mary. I have news for you my friend, Mary did not remain a virgin. After Jesus was virgin born through a miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit of God, Mary and Joseph married and had many children. Mary did not remain a virgin!

Mary was a SINNER. just like you and me. Mary had to trust Jesus Christ and ask Him for forgiveness of her sins to go to heaven. Mary is in heaven today ONLY because she believed upon Jesus Christ as Saviour. John 14:6 is very clear,

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

It is ONLY through Jesus Christ that anyone can go to heaven. This is simply because Jesus is the One Who paid the price for our sins upon the cross. Jesus has the nail-scared hands and feet, not El Papa over in Rome. The Pope is a dope and he has no hope apart from Jesus Christ. The Pope is not the vicar of heaven. If you hail Mary, then you are committing IDOLATRY.

"Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:" -Isaiah 2:8

God hates idolatry!

"The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day." -Isaiah 2:11
Re: Hail Mary: Does Catholicism Contradicts The Written Word? (pls Read) by cgift(m): 11:20am On Oct 03, 2007
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-75506.672.html

Please start from page 1. It should come readily handy.

(1) (Reply)

Total War ! / Sinful Medical Interventions / Pastor Deflected Gunshot With Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.