Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,916 members, 7,956,443 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:03 PM

Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business (1697 Views)

Is Cyber Cafe Business Going Extinct In Nigeria? / I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business / Setting Up a Cyber-cafe: What Does It Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 24, 2011
Good-day my people, please do any body knows the estimate of setting up a mini cyber cafe?
The estimate should include which hotspot to use or MIFI please, your humble sujection is highly neede an welcome. God bless you an merry xmas and a prosperous NEW YEAR.
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by Zeeman: 4:04pm On Dec 25, 2011
I will like to be of help if you can furnish me with the following info;
1. Number of systems you intend to start with
2. Location (to know which network(s)'s coverage area it falls within) otherwise VSAT

Better still, I can be contacted at oazyz@yahoo.com
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 25, 2011
Like ten system and it will be located in Benin city.
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by dhahunk: 7:12pm On Dec 25, 2011
I'm a young entrepreneur, but i'm smart.
I'm into so many deals but Internet cafe is my primary biz, in-fact i started with Love World Cafe. If you insist on starting with a whole ten systems then you are planing an instant downfall.

As a biz man its not bad to have great plans for your Biz but weather you like it or not you'll have to start a small biz, this is not because u mightn't be having the money but its a strategy, your costumers wont get to know you in a week.

the reason you're starting with small amount of systems is this; the power you'll use in powering your systems, the bandwidth you'll be using(i.e internet Speed).

If you truly have to open a cafe then have half of the money going into the cafe of at least 1 quater or a sponsor cos when you start so many thing you never budgeted for will arise. and dont trust any body online cos right now people would like to convince you to buy very cheap systems but be careful. you can hook up with me on FB @ http://www.facebook.com/dhahunk?ref=tn_tnmn

You can also like my page for info on how to make money on net. "World Web Surfers - Love World Corporation".

All i say i say out of experience otherwise i dont contribute. Thanks. Love World Corporation
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 25, 2011
@dhahunk, so how many computer is good to start a mini cafe?
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by omachi1026(m): 11:40am On Dec 26, 2011
Interested in this topic. looking at 12~15 systems , with 2 system for business center operation. to be located at owerri city.
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by dhahunk: 12:21pm On Dec 26, 2011
For a Start you have to use four systems in your workstation and one for your server, when there's for more systems you'll always get more, Your cafe wont cost up to N350,000 excluding the apartment for it. Hook up with me on FB for better conversation; http://www.facebook.com/dhahunk?ref=tn_tnmn
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by dhahunk: 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2011
For a Start you have to use four systems in your workstation and one for your server, when there's for more systems you'll always get more,  Your cafe wont cost up to N350,000 excluding the apartment for it. Hook up with me on FB for better conversation;  http://www.facebook.com/dhahunk?ref=tn_tnmn

Thanks. Love World Corporation.
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 26, 2011
How about the internet connection? Which network will be better?
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 27, 2011
You have a nice site but, the information am interested in is cyber cafe business, thanks all the same for the info.
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by yamakuza: 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2011
I thot cafes were extinct or an endangered species?

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-771413.0.html
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by lifestyle1(m): 6:23pm On Dec 27, 2011
yamakuza:

I thot cafes were extinct or an endangered species?

Cyber cafe can never be extinct, it depend  on the location of your cafe and your managerial ability.
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2011
Location, my brother is what you ought to consider first before embarking on any business.
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 27, 2011
Location, my brother is what you ought to consider first before embarking on any business.
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by kolnel: 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2011
Have been in the cafe biz for yrs. From my experience cafe is seriously seriously going into extinction. As much as location really matters. Most cafes are closing shop. Anyways if u still want to give it a trial. Try Ipnx. They seems to be reliable. Then start with not more than 8 computers. With that you can power ur cafe with 6HP generator. That will minimises ur fuel usage.
I wish you good luck. But do your homework well. cafe is not worth it again. Home internet is getting cheaper.

Cheers
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 27, 2011
Alright, if cafe is getting into extinction, which other good business can one invest into? I will be rounding my NYSC service next year February and i thought with the money i have on ground, i should set up a cyber cafe but people are saying is no longer lucrative. So, which business can one invest into of capital of one million or below. Any subjection, obsevation, correction an contribution is highly welcome.
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by emailguru: 5:04am On Dec 28, 2011
I hope you have done your due diligence? Other wise, I will advice that you only the right information from the right people. There loads of other cheap businesses that you can start today and is capable of yielding high returns.
Think,
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 28, 2011
Business like? Please help me out, God bless you all.
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by segunjowo(m): 10:33am On Dec 28, 2011
the business is still payin sha, its good for a start up people. at least u will not be idle doing nothing.
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by yamakuza: 11:06am On Dec 28, 2011
While cafes may be dying, business centres and print shops seem to be thriving.

You need almost the same for both. The difference is just the isp, which is a major cash bleeder cos u need to pay a fortune for very fast link to attract clients who may not spend enough for you to recoup your investment.

Look for a decent link (speed + cost) and use just enough systems it can carry (4 systems on a 4k/mth link?)

use the remaining resources for document processing: typing, scanning, printing, laminating, pre-press, etc.

Sell stationery, computer accessories and other office supplies.

Throw in training or gaming if you still have space.

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-771413.0.html

# Numero M
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 28, 2011
I really appreciate, please if you have any other biz plan, kindly alert me.
Re: Who Knows About Cyber Cafe Business by knowledge4(m): 7:38pm On Feb 03, 2012
I disagree with the opinion that cybercafe business is dying. It is not.

To do well in Cybercafe Business:

Computer literacy, engineering and networking skills is required of the owner.
You can learn basic computer literacy skills in 30 days, computer eng skills in 2 weeks and networking skills in one week in Lagos.
Alternatively, you may employ assistants who have these skills but they may take you for a ride!

Have a reliable engineer to service the systems

Have a store in a good location such as a high traffic area, around schools and offices.

Have good computer systems either brand new or fairly used

Have a reliable, steady, fast and efficient internet access connection

Have a good UPS System which does not trip off during power fluctuations

Have a cable, switch, router, printer, scanner, photocopier

Have a power generator

Have comfortable seats

Have an internet mgt system ie a timer software

Have an airconditioning system to protect the systems and keep the premises cool

Buy the router from an ISP

the challenges are:
Power failure
Rainfall
Competition
Dishonest Staff

Strategies:
Be friendly to everyone
Be ready to assist with their problems while browsing

Other services to render:

To be continued

(1) (Reply)

Payza For Nigerians Forget Paypal / 5 Nigerians Made Forbes Billionaires List Number Four Will Shock You / Request A List And Contacts Of Major Recharge Card Dealers In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.