Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

This Is What Islam Does To You - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / This Is What Islam Does To You (3171 Views)

What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... / What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus / Islam Does Not Support The Marriage Of Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What Islam Does To You by tidytim: 10:11pm On Dec 24, 2011
I was born in a very typical Sunni Muslim household, not very conservative like the Arabs, but nevertheless religious enough. I was born in Karachi, Pakistan to a very respectable Mohajjir family (mohajjirs are immigrants from India from the time of the partition in 1947). I moved to another Muslim country with my parents when I was just 10 years old and still live there.

I really wish there were a way I could freely live in a free society where I could follow the religion that I want without any compulsion. So far, I am not really sure what I am. I just know that I am not an atheist, because I do believe in a God, but that God cannot be the Allah of Mohammed. God is kind and merciful, not evil, cruel, mean and sadistic, as is Allah.

Have you ever read the Quran in English? I never did, I mean all my life I just recited the Quran in Arabic without understanding a single word until August of this year, when I purchased a copy of the English Quran and read the translation for the first time. Previously I had read some parts of it in English, but never the whole thing. But this year in August I read it from cover to cover, and then also read other references on the internet. Then I finally reached the conclusion that this book is the most evil thing on the face of this earth. It teaches nothing else except hatred and violence. I can no longer be a part of a cult which subjugates its followers, making them mere blind puppets with no mind of their own.

During the course of last four months, I have done nothing else but read, read and read. I spend hours a day reading Ali Sina and watching videos of David Wood and others who are trying their best to expose Islam to the world. I read 23 Years by Ali Dashti. The best among them all is Ali Sina's Understanding Muhammad and of course Robert Spencer’s The Truth About Muhammad. These kind of books are banned here, but I managed to find Robert’s book on Ibook, so I purchased it and just finished reading it yesterday.

I don't know how to go about it. I mean, I want to remain anonymous, but at the same time I need help. I don't want to be killed just because I am brave enough to tell the truth. I am really in a terrible jam. I do not want to lose my life just because I do not believe in that evil religion anymore.

Last Sunday I went to the church here and attended the mass. Then I went to see the priest and asked him for help. He said that his hands were tied and he really could not do anything to help me, because when they had first gotten permission to built a church in this country, they had to agree to a few terms and conditions with the government here. One of them was not to convert anyone from Islam. He said if anyone finds out, the church would be closed and he would probably end up in jail.

The priest said he could not help me personally, but that I was more than welcome to attend the mass and sit quietly at the back. He said, “Do not talk to anyone or reveal who you are.” It is a good idea, but frankly, I am not sure if I want to do that every week, because last Sunday I saw quite a few police cars circling the church premises, and I am really scared. What if someone checks my ID or something? They would probably close down the church and put me in jail, and maybe even execute me. My life will be in danger if anyone finds out that I have left Islam.

I have a friend, a pretty young girl from Morocco who also lives here and works with me. She too has given up Islam recently but she is also very afraid of her life. This is what Islam does to you. When you are in it, your life is nothing but living in the fear of hell, and once you leave it, it is not less than hell because you are constantly scared to lose your life.

http://liberatednow..com/2011/12/this-is-what-islam-does-to-you.html
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by plappville(f): 11:07pm On Dec 24, 2011
Sad fellow living in fear, shocked the worse of the story is the Priest failing to do the right thing.

If the church is in agreement not to convert Muslims, then of what use is that church? A church that live in fear, the priest himself is presarving his life, never willing to die for Christ as i can see.
Will God choose people with little faith as servants?

Islam is a treat to humanity. God will continue to expose it to others, in the same way as he did to this victim.
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by Sweetnecta: 5:52am On Dec 25, 2011
dumb article. i am also a muslim. i fear for my life sometimes walking in the street of any town usa because of the nut jobs who see easy target to abuse either by words or physical.

if you don't like islam, leave it and leave the land of islam to where you can practice your new found belief.

liars and weaklings. you will not be the first and Alhamdulillah, there are new families coming to islam in the so called western nations. the whites, blacks and spanish and others too eager to take your place in paradise while to take their place in the other destination.

Islam will survive without you tidytim.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by Dawdy(m): 7:22am On Dec 25, 2011
We know many paid agents like u, pretending to be ex muslims, yet they were never muslims.
U can only deceive the dumbest person in the world, u said u read quran u jumped to the conclution, tell us which part made u think that it was evil before u left for christianity
so ure now christian? And ure yet to see in the bible where jacob defeated God, wher God couldn't find Adam in d garden of eden, where God regreted he created man, those verses disqulify God to be ominpotent ominipresent and ominiscient respectively.
Ure yet to see justification for mass killing of women and children, ure yet to see rape, adultry theft etc are justified, i challenge u read bible from cover to cover if all these and even worse will not be found.
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by martinseme: 8:09am On Dec 25, 2011
the fact is islam is the greatest fraud ever to have infested the human race.just the anti christ that it is it deceives and blinds it adherents into believing they are on the righteous part to heaven while leading them to satans destination of hell.muhammed is the worse fraudulent individual ever.he studied the bible well and stole alot of ideas and events which pleases him and formed a religion for satan.all those born in islam are moroned by the hadits of dont ask dont inquire and dont convert.
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by Judek2(m): 9:02am On Dec 25, 2011
Only a cult kills its converts. This is a cult in the human race.

@Plappville,
You are absolutely right. The priest failed on his duty as an evangelist. The motive is winning souls for Christ and that shows he has no strong faith in God.
He should be able to save souls and depend on God for protection because, God hates hide and seek.
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by LagosShia: 10:31am On Dec 25, 2011
Disgusting,how a christian follower of the bible has no shame to raise his finger and accuse thers of "evil" and "anti-christ".he has no problem with his bible and the explicit evil in it.he also has no problem with the fake prophet,Paul.he was told Paul saw a vision of Jesus after persecuting christians.automatically Paul has not only become a christian fellow,but Paul as if in the army was promoted to major-general.out of the 27 new testament books,only four are attributed to the life of Jesus.about three quarters were written and fabricated by Paul.yet,the dumb,deaf and blind christins calls Paul "the apostle".shame!
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by bashydemy(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2011
@Lagosshia,Dawdy and Sweetnecta, Brother dont mind this OP, we know the likes of them and this might be another hand work of Frosbel.Judek or plappville. so my question to the OP is this, Since the government of that country approve of building the church then the citizen of that country will be worshiping there why have they all not been killed? you said police are roaming about the area where you and the priest the only congregation in that church, ? why have they not kill or arrest all the members? also the priest is he not a citizen of that country? why is he still alive? you think people omn Nairaland are as dumb as you not to think with there brain, if this story is true then there wont be an approval for the church to be built in the first place, but the likes of Frosbel,Judek and plappville are the dumbest creator on earth not to think with there brain before jumping into conclusion, someone just came up with a write ups and you never sit and think is this possible? why did they approval the building of the church in the first place if they dont want people to convert, OP please explain this are the Church members not a citizen of that country and also the priest, am waiting oooo
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2011
^^^

You are a fanatic par excellence.

Why not join your brothers in their mass murdering campaigns worldwide.

Seeing that SATAN has entered and blinded your hearts with rage, hate and ire, you need to repent of your sins, you are on the downward spiral to eternal destruction.

Fanatic killers !!!!
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by bashydemy(m): 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2011
^^ Sorry chicken so your still alive, i taught you might have been killed for the Pagan festival hahah

I ask questions in my first post in here why not answer them first
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 25, 2011
^^^

grin grin grin grin

When are you going to join in the free for all killing spree , you just might be lucky and get your minimum 72 virgins.

Hurry before Paradise runs out of virgins  grin
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by bashydemy(m): 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2011
^^ The day you start to reason with your brain that the OP write ups does not make any sense and not possible i can bet my life
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by LagosShia: 1:05pm On Dec 25, 2011
frosbel:

^^^

grin grin grin grin

When are you going to join in the free for all killing spree , you just might be lucky and get your minimum 72 virgins.

Hurry before Paradise runs out of virgins grin

we are not christians and not christian missionaries.we muslims do not believe in 72 virgins.christian missionaries do.may be it is because of their priesthood and being starved of the blessing of God that they fantasize about 72 virgins.and that is also the reason they abuse boys.
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 25, 2011
^^^

Go and join the killing spree of Christians in the North, fanatic !!!
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by LagosShia: 1:11pm On Dec 25, 2011
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 25, 2011
^^^

I know that.

But I also know that you are a Jihadist fanatic !!
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by LagosShia: 1:55pm On Dec 25, 2011
frosbel:

^^^

I know that.

But I also know that you are a Jihadist fanatic !!

my sword is my keyboard i kill you everyday with it!
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 25, 2011
SURE

grin
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by bashydemy(m): 2:41pm On Dec 25, 2011
^^^ chicken you still dey alive? post my xmas rice on here oooo hahaa grin grin grin
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2011
[size=25pt]Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine[/size]

[size=25pt]ISLAM IS NO RELIGION!. ISLAM IS TERROR!! ISLAM IS EVIL!!! ISLAM IS DYING!!!![/size].

[size=16pt]RISING ISLAMIC TERROR THE LAST GASP OF A DYING FAITH[/size]
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by bashydemy(m): 4:52pm On Dec 25, 2011
^^^ another brainwashed in making, Have you ever think and ask yourself how authentic is the story, have you ever ask yourself if its possible i mean what the OP said, Have you ever think if this is true then what is the priest is still doing alive. Have you ever ask yourself if they dont want Christianity then they wont even approve building of the church in the first place. Have you ever think and ask if the citizen are not the member of the church and how many have been killed so far, Have you ever ask yourself if its possible for Police to be driving around the church searching for converters whereby alot of citizen of the country are the church member, I just tire for some people that cannot sit and think with there brain all they just want is to tarnish the image of Islam
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by nuclearboy(m): 4:58pm On Dec 25, 2011
cheesy.

Interesting to see even non-commissioned Jihadists boasting of using keyboards as "swords" & and wanting to turn humans into xmas meat!

No matter how much you try to hide, its obvious the Mohameddean bloodlust lives in all of you.
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by thehomer: 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2011
Sweetnecta:

dumb article. i am also a muslim. i fear for my life sometimes walking in the street of any town usa because of the nut jobs who see easy target to abuse either by words or physical.

if you don't like islam, leave it and leave the land of islam to where you can practice your new found belief.

liars and weaklings. you will not be the first and Alhamdulillah, there are new families coming to islam in the so called western nations. the whites, blacks and spanish and others too eager to take your place in paradise while to take their place in the other destination.

Islam will survive without you tidytim.

Is that the best approach? At least in any town U.S.A, it is illegal to discriminate against you but in some of these Muslim countries, a conversion means death. Is the best approach one of being forced out of one's country of origin? You at least have some freedom where you are. Why aren't you willing to let others have some of that freedom too?
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by LagosShia: 5:31pm On Dec 25, 2011
Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: [/b]and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

[b]Luke 19:27

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.

Matthew 10:35
35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by LagosShia: 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2011
Revelation 2:22-23:
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

Hosea 13:16

"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by LagosShia: 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2011
HOLY QURAN 5:32:
whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.

(SHOW ME ONE VERSE FROM THE ENTIRE BIBLE LIKE THE ABOVE!)

HOLY QURAN 2:190:
Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.

HOLY QURAN 7:55:
(O mankind!) Call upon your Lord humbly and in secret. Lo! He loveth not aggressors.

HOLY QURAN 8:61:
"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in Allah: for He is the One that Heareth and Knoweth (all things)."

HOLY QURAN 5:2:
" , and let not the hatred of some people in (once) shutting you out of the Sacred Mosque lead you to transgression (and hostility on your part). Help ye one another in righteousness and piety, but help ye not one another in sin and rancour: fear Allah: for Allah is strict in punishment."

HOLY QURAN 41:34:
"Nor can Goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better: then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!"

HOLY QURAN 4:135:
"O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do."

HOLY QURAN 16:90
"God advocates justice, charity, and regarding the relatives. And He forbids evil, vice, and transgression. He enlightens you, that you may take heed."

HOLY QURAN 16:126:
"And if ye do punish them, punish them no worse than they punished you: but if ye show patience, that is indeed the best (course) for those who are patient."

HOLY QURAN 21:107:
"And we have not sent you but as a mercy for the world"

1 Like

Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by bashydemy(m): 5:35pm On Dec 25, 2011
thehomer:

Is that the best approach? At least in any town U.S.A, it is illegal to discriminate against you but in some of these Muslim countries, a conversion means death. Is the best approach one of being forced out of one's country of origin? You at least have some freedom where you are. Why aren't you willing to let others have some of that freedom too?
I taught you should be able to think deeply before writing this your gibberish, Show me where conversion mean death, just proof is all i need,
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by LagosShia: 5:36pm On Dec 25, 2011
[size=18pt]Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"? [/size]
By Huda, About.com Guide

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?
Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context.
There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.

"Slay Them" - If They Attack You First
For example, one verse (in its snipped version) reads: "slay them wherever you catch them" (Qur'an 2:191). But who is this referring to? Who are "they" that this verse discusses? The preceding and following verses give the correct context:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter,  But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful,  If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).
It is clear from the context that these verses are discussing a defensive war, when a Muslim community is attacked without reason, oppressed and prevented from practicing their faith. In these circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to cease fighting as soon as the attacker gives up. Even in these circumstances, Muslim are only to fight directly against those who are attacking them, not innocent bystanders or non-combatants.

"Fight the Pagans" - If They Break Treaties
A similar verse can be found in chapter 9, verse 5 -- which in its snipped, out of context version could read: "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following verses give the context.
This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them,  (as quoted above).

Directly after this permission to fight, the same verse continues, "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them,  for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any member of the pagan tribe/army who asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God loves the righteous."

Conclusion
Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. Nowhere in the Qur'an can be found support for indiscriminate slaughter, the killing of non-combatants, or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged crimes.
The Islamic teachings on this subject can be summed up in the following verses (Qur'an 60:7-cool:
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism_verse.htm
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by thehomer: 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2011
bashy_demy:

I taught you should be able to think deeply before writing this your gibberish, Show me where conversion mean death, just proof is all i need,

I hope you've read the Qur'an and the Hadith especially the Hadith. You could follow this link for explanations and examples.
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by LagosShia: 6:26pm On Dec 25, 2011
^^^^^^^

did you read what i posted?
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by thehomer: 7:28pm On Dec 25, 2011
LagosShia:

^^^^^^^

did you read what i posted?

Why should I?
Re: This Is What Islam Does To You by LagosShia: 11:34pm On Dec 25, 2011
thehomer:

Why should I?

nothing!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Ideal To Slaughter A Camel For Ileya Celebration? / Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat / Refutation Of One Who Casts Aspersions Upon Saheeh Al-bukhaari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.