Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,079 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus (5155 Views)

99 Names Of Allah And Their Benefits (good For Your Prayer) / Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by plappville(f): 11:55pm On Dec 24, 2011
Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah

What Islam Really Teaches About Allah and Jesus

By David Wood

For nearly two thousand years, Christians have proclaimed Jesus’ death and resurrection. Islam rejects both of these doctrines and offers a different account of what happened at the cross and afterwards. However, the Muslim explanation comes at a tremendous price: Their version of the story portrays God as a horrible deceiver, and Jesus as the most stupendous failure in the history of the prophets. Hence, while Muslims claim that “Allah is Truth”[1] and that Jesus is to be revered as one of Allah’s mightiest prophets, these claims are hollow, for Islamic dogma comes with a great deal of heresy.

Allah Starts Christianity . . . By Accident

If we examine the teachings of Islam, we find that Allah not only started Christianity, but also made Christianity the world’s dominant religion. This fact should seem strange to everyone, for Muslims believe that Christianity is a false religion. Of course, Muslims will respond by arguing that Christianity is a false religion because it was corrupted by man, but that in its original state it was the message of Allah given to Jesus the son of Mary.

While there isn’t a shred of evidence that the followers of Jesus ever believed anything similar to Islam, this is beside the point. According to Islam, Christianity was corrupted by Allah himself. To understand why Islam demands such a view, let us review a few facts.

FACT #1: The Qur’an states that Jesus was a messenger of Allah and a prophet of Islam. Indeed, Surah 19 tells us that Jesus began preaching Islamic theology the moment he was born:

And the throes (of childbirth) compelled [Mary] to betake herself to the trunk of a palm tree. She said: Oh, would that I had died before this, and had been a thing quite forgotten! Then (the child [i.e. the infant Jesus]) called out to her from beneath her: Grieve not, surely your Lord has made a stream to flow beneath you; And shake towards you the trunk of the palmtree, it will drop on you fresh ripe dates: So eat and drink and refresh the eye. . . . Surely I am a servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet; And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and poor-rate so long as I live; And dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed; And peace on me on the day I was born, and on the day I die, and on the day I am raised to life.[2]

Jesus continued to preach the message of God throughout his life, until he was taken to heaven. According to the Qur’an, the Gospel that Jesus brought was no different from the message of the prophets before him. Jesus, a servant and prophet of God, preached Islam:

The same religion has He Established for you as that Which He enjoined on Noah—That which We have sent By inspiration to thee—And that which We enjoined On Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain Steadfast in Religion, and make No divisions therein.[3]

[Jesus] was no more than A servant: We granted Our favour to him, And We made him An example to the Children of Israel. . . . When Jesus came With Clear Signs, he said: “Now have I come To you with Wisdom, And in order to make Clear to you some Of the (points) on which Ye dispute: therefore fear Allah And obey me. For Allah, He is my Lord And your Lord: so worship Ye Him: this is A Straight Way.”[4]

Thus, Jesus spent approximately 33 years, from his birth to his ascension, preaching Islam to the children of Israel. Prior to his apparent crucifixion, his preaching was moderately successful, as the conversion of some of his listeners indicates.

FACT #2: The Qur’an states that Jesus won a number of followers. Since Jesus spent his entire life preaching an early form of Islam, his message to his disciples must have centered around the basic tenets of Islamic theology. These disciples would have become something similar to Muslims, which is exactly what Islam teaches about Jesus’ followers:

When Jesus found Unbelief on their [i.e. the Jews’] Part He said: “Who will be My helpers to (the work Of) Allah?” Said the Disciples: “We are Allah’s helpers: We believe in Allah, And do thou bear witness That we are Muslims.”[5]

And behold! I inspired The Disciples [of Jesus] to have faith In Me and Mine Messenger; They said, “We have faith, And do thou bear witness That we bow to Allah As Muslims.”[6]

Then, in their wake, We followed them up With (others of) Our messengers: We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, And bestowed on him The Gospel; and We ordained In the hearts of those Who followed him Compassion and Mercy.[7]

If the Qur’an is correct, then Jesus converted at least some of the children of Israel to Islam. Though there is absolutely no historical evidence for any such conversions, let us assume for the sake of argument that there were first century Jews who believed the message of Jesus and became Muslims. As we shall see, this assumption only presents problems for Muslim apologists.

[b]FACT #3: If there were first-century Jews who converted to Islam at the preaching of Jesus, they didn’t last very long. The idea that Jesus’ earliest followers were Muslims raises an obvious question: Why have we never heard of any Muslims existing in the first century? We have a great deal of historical information about Jesus’ first-century followers, but we have no evidence at all of any Muslims. Defenders of Islam will most likely claim here that Christianity wiped out all the records of Jesus’ non-Christian followers, but such a view is absurd. We have both Christian and non-Christian sources that report early Christian beliefs, yet none of these sources mention the existence of any Muslim-Christians. At the very least, we can say with absolute certainty that Jesus’ death was well-known among ancient authorities, and that Jesus’ earliest followers—including Peter, James, and John—came to believe that Jesus had died on the cross for their sins and that he had risen from the dead. (We also know that the disciples held Jesus to be the divine Son of God, but this isn’t necessary for my argument.) All four New Testament Gospels confirm the early Christian belief in Jesus’ death and resurrection, as does the book of Acts. Paul’s letters also repeatedly proclaim Jesus’ death and resurrection. Further, an ancient creed recorded in 1 Corinthians 15 has been dated to within a few years of Jesus’ life and therefore provides extremely early testimony about Christian beliefs during the time of the apostles. It reads:[/b]

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas [Peter], then to the twelve.[8]

We also have early Christian writings from outside the New Testament that report the beliefs of Jesus’ followers. For instance, Clement of Rome, who was ordained as Bishop of Rome by the Apostle Peter, writes about the apostles’ belief in Jesus’ resurrection from the dead.[9] Polycarp, who was ordained by the Apostle John, mentions Jesus’ resurrection numerous times.[10] There are even several ancient non-Christian sources that report crucial information about Jesus and the apostles. According to both the Jewish historian Josephus and the Roman historian Tacitus, Jesus was crucified during the reign of Pontius Pilate.[11] Lucian of Samosata, a Greek satirist, states, “The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day—the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account.”[12] Even the Jewish Talmud reports the crucifixion of Jesus.[13]

Hence, the most reasonable interpretation of the data is that the Qur’an is wrong when it says (1) that Jesus never died and (2) that Jesus’ early followers were Muslims. Nevertheless, let us be generous and grant, in spite of the facts, that there were a number of first-century Muslims, but that all evidence of their existence was later destroyed by Christians. Even if we grant such an outlandish assumption, this still presents Muslims with an enormous problem: What happened to these first-century Muslims? Why was Islam replaced by belief in Jesus’ sacrificial death and resurrection from the dead? Why didn’t Jesus’ 33 years of preaching amount to anything that lasted?

Muslims will most likely respond to these questions by arguing, once again, that Christianity corrupted Jesus’ message and that the Christian church erased all memory of Jesus’ Islamic teachings. However, no true Muslim should accept this position, for it conceals the true Qur’anic account of what happened.

FACT #4: The Qur’an states that Allah deceived people into believing that Jesus had died on the cross. According to the Qur’an, Jesus was able to convert at least some Jews to Islam. But we know from history that Jesus’ early followers became convinced of his death and resurrection. Hence, the obvious reason that there were no Muslims after Jesus ascended into heaven is that all of Jesus’ followers came to believe that he died on the cross and rose from the dead. And where did they get this idea? According to Islam, the idea that Jesus died on the cross was started by Allah:

That they said (in boast), “We killed Christ Jesus The son of Mary, The Messenger of Allah”—But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, But so it was made To appear to them, And those who differ Therein are full of doubts, With no (certain) knowledge, But only conjecture to follow, For of a surety They killed him not—Nay, Allah raised him up Unto Himself; and Allah Is Exalted in Power, Wise.[14]

Even if we allow that Allah’s only goal was to deceive the people who wanted to kill Jesus, it is clear that the disciples also fell for Allah’s deception. So who is responsible for the Christian belief that Jesus died on the cross? If Islam is correct, God started this idea when he decided to trick Jesus’ enemies into thinking that they had killed Jesus. This leads to even more problems. If the deception of the disciples was unintentional, then we must conclude that God didn’t realize that he was about to start the largest false religion in the world. If it was intentional, then God is in the business of starting false religions. Therefore, the God of Islam is either dreadfully ignorant or maliciously deceptive.

Muhammad’s position also means that Jesus was the greatest failure in the history of the prophets. He spent 33 years preaching (again, he began preaching Islamic theology at birth), yet shortly after his death, the children of Israel were divided into two broad camps. Those who believed his message became Christians, all of whom were guilty of the worst sin imaginable (shirk[15]), while those who rejected his message were guilty of rejecting one of God’s greatest messengers. Thus, whether people believed in Jesus or rejected him, everyone would ultimately be condemned and cast into the hellfire. It’s strange, then, that Muslims consider Jesus to be one of the greatest prophets ever. It seems that he should have been able to win at least one lasting convert to Islam. But he didn’t. Further, a true prophet of Islam should have warned his followers not to turn away from Islam by falling for God’s deception. But Jesus never got that message across. Indeed, millions of people from around the world now refuse to accept Islam because they believe that Jesus died on the cross for their sins, a teaching that goes back to a deceptive God and an incompetent Messiah.

Allah Spreads the False Religion He Accidentally Started

If we follow the teachings of Islam through to their logical conclusion, we see that God either intentionally or unintentionally started Christianity. But the Qur’an doesn’t stop there. Instead of correcting the mess he made, Allah took Christianity to the next level.

FACT #5: The Qur’an states that Allah helped spread Christianity. Once God had caused belief in Jesus death and resurrection, he then worked diligently to aid the Christians in spreading their false message:

O you who believe! be helpers (in the cause) of Allah, as [Jesus] son of Marium said to (his) disciples: Who are my helpers in the cause of Allah? The disciples said: We are helpers (in the cause) of Allah. So a party of the children of Israel believed and another party disbelieved; then We aided those who believed against their enemy, and they became uppermost.[16]

This verse is extremely important, for it means that Allah helped the followers of Jesus against the Jews who rejected Jesus, and that these followers “became uppermost.” So who were these followers of Jesus who became stronger than the Jews? The only people in history who fit such a description are orthodox Christians, who believe in Jesus’ death, resurrection, and divinity. In other words, Muslims can’t claim here that Jesus’ message was corrupted and that the true Gospel was wiped out, because that clearly isn’t the group that the Qur’an refers to in this passage. Even if there was a group of first century Muslim-Christians, this group never gained an upper hand over anyone. Indeed, they must have been snuffed out immediately. The only group of Jesus’ followers that ever became strong enough to overshadow the Jews was composed of Christians, once Christianity had spread throughout the Roman Empire. These Christians believed in the foundational doctrines that Christians hold even today. Yet, according to the Qur’an, Allah helped these people rise to power!

How, then, did Christianity spread and become the dominant world religion? It spread by the power of Allah! And who started the Christian message about Jesus’ death on the cross? God invented this message! Even non-Christian historians are convinced that Jesus’ death is one of history’s best-established facts.[17] Where did historians get this idea? They got it from God, who tricked so many people into believing in Jesus’ death that we now have tons of historical evidence for this event. Since there are roughly two billion Christians on earth at the present moment, it seems that Jesus and God are responsible for starting the only religion in the world that overshadows Islam.

If Islam Is True . . .

Needless to say, I think the Islamic view is extremely problematic. It requires us to believe that God deceived billions of people. God even led Jesus’ followers astray by tricking so many people into believing that Jesus died. This could have been avoided if God hadn’t been so intent on deceiving people. But this leads to more questions: Why would God want people to believe that Jesus was dead when he really wasn’t? Muslims can’t argue that God did it to protect Jesus from the Jews or Romans, since God was taking Jesus away safely anyway. So, why would God want to give Jesus’ enemies the satisfaction of seeing Jesus killed? Why not raise Jesus up without deceiving everyone about it? There seems to be no reason at all for God to deceive these people, especially since such a deception would soon lead to the formation of Christianity.

This is a difficult pill to swallow, yet Islam forces us to view the origin of Christianity in this way. If Islam is true, God deceives people who believe the prophets he sends. If Islam is true, God spreads false teachings until they become dominant in the world. If Islam is true, Jesus, the Messiah, was completely incompetent and should never have been sent by God, since Jesus’ life ended up leading more people astray than any other life in history. Because the Muslim view is at odds with any traditional understanding of God’s nature (including the Islamic understanding), Islam is an incoherent religious system, which should be rejected by all rational people. Islam has a poor and contemptible explanation for the origin of Christianity. If Islam is true, the existence of Christianity makes no sense at all.

If Christianity Is True . . .

Christianity, on the other hand, easily accounts for the rise of Islam. Indeed, if Christianity is true, the rise of Islam makes perfect sense. If it isn’t immediately clear why Christianity entails the rise of religions such as Islam, consider the following line of thought.

If Christianity is true, then the following statements are also true:

(1) People can only come to God through Jesus Christ.
(2) Satan is a real spirit being who wants to keep people from God.[18]

With these statements in mind, let’s see if we can figure out a little something about Satan. Now, if Satan wants to keep people from God, and if the way to God is through Jesus Christ, what would Satan’s highest priority be? His main goal wouldn’t be to get people to lead immoral lives (though he would prefer that we do, since this corrupts God’s created order); instead, his primary aim would be to incite people to reject Christ, for this rejection is what keeps them separated from God.

But how would Satan convince people to reject Christ? We should note here that there are plenty of people in the world who simply don’t care about God. Satan doesn’t have to worry about them, because they aren’t interested in salvation anyway. Since his goal is to keep as many people from God as possible, we would expect Satan to be more focused on people who are to some extent concerned with religious matters. There are two ways to keep such people from God. Satan would either have to convince them that all “religious talk” is nonsense (i.e. by spreading secularism, which we see around the world) or he would have to offer them a substitute for the truth (i.e. a religion that rejects what is necessary for salvation).

Thus, if Christianity is true, we would expect Satan to inspire religions that reject Christ’s sacrificial death and resurrection, even though these religions may be similar to Christianity in other (non-essential) respects. Now that we have a clear picture of what we would predict if Christianity were true, let us see how Islam matches up with our prediction.

The message of Islam is something like this: “Believe in God. Do good deeds. If you do enough of them, you’ll get to heaven. Respect Jesus, for he was a mighty prophet, who delivered God’s message to the children of Israel. Also believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, that he performed many miracles, and that he was the Messiah. But whatever you do, don’t believe that he died on the cross for your sins. And don’t believe that he rose from the dead. In fact, the worst possible sin you can commit is to believe that Jesus is the Son of God.” Notice that Islam rejects Christianity’s essential requirements for salvation while accepting certain other doctrines. For instance, Muslims are commanded to believe in God, but even Satan and his demons believe in God. Muslims are commanded to do good deeds, but all religions teach this. Muslims are allowed to believe certain things about Jesus (such as his prophet status and virgin birth), but these beliefs do not save a person. Yet when we come to beliefs that are essential for salvation—the deity of Christ, his death on the cross, and his resurrection from the dead—we find that Islam is violently opposed to these crucial doctrines.[19] Islam, then, looks exactly like the religion we predicted that Satan would form, for it denies what is necessary for people to come to God.

There is, of course, an easier way for us to see that Christianity predicts the rise of Islam. We can look at some of the prophecies in the Bible. For example, Jesus said that “Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many.”[20] Paul added that some people would follow “deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons.”[21] (The phrase “deceitful spirit” is reminiscent of the Qur’anic claim that Allah deceived people about the death of Jesus.) The Bible warns over and over again that false teachers and false prophets would come in order to distort the Gospel. Apparently, few people in Muhammad’s time heeded this warning.

[center]Final Thoughts[/center]

Throughout history, many people have claimed to be prophets. Indeed, there are many self-proclaimed prophets even today, and there will be more tomorrow. Suppose a prophet arises at some point in the future, one who claims to have a new revelation from God.[22] Both Muslims and Christians would reject him. But suppose this prophet says to Muslims, “Brothers, you have believed in the teachings of Muhammad, but I’m here to tell you that Islam was started by God to deceive people. The pagans in Arabia were doing awful things, such as killing their daughters and marrying hundreds of women. God decided to punish them by leading them astray and making all of you believe something that isn’t true. But I’m here to tell you the truth! I am God’s greatest prophet, sent to rescue you from evil!” Would Muslims believe him? Most certainly wouldn’t. But why would Muslims reject this new prophet? They would reject him because they would refuse to believe that God knowingly deceived millions of people. Yet this is exactly what Muslims believe when it comes to the death of Jesus. So if Muslims believe in a God who deceives people, even those who follow his prophets, how can Muslims be confident that they have been given the truth?

Muslims boast about their reverence for God and their respect for the prophets. Yet, upon closer examination, we see that Islam accuses God of one of the greatest religious deceptions ever. This should cause us to pause and think for a moment. Why would a religion that prides itself on its view of God proclaim that God starts false religions? Why would people who claim to respect Jesus suggest that he was a tremendous failure? It appears that Islam is so incredibly desperate to destroy Christianity, that it doesn’t mind destroying itself. In other words, Islam can only explain away Jesus’ death and resurrection by making God out to be a deceiver, which destroys the Islamic conception of God. This desperation only makes sense if Christianity is true, and if Islam was designed by Satan to keep people from being saved.

Muslims can object to this all they want. They can continue to proclaim their devotion to God and their respect for his prophets. But there’s something strange about the way they explain Christianity. There’s something very odd about a God who leads the world astray. If Islam is true, God and Jesus are failures. But if Christianity is true, God and Jesus were victorious at the cross, for the door to salvation was opened to all, in spite of those who tried to keep the door shut.

Jesus warned his followers that false prophets would come. He also commanded us not to believe them. One of the ways we can spot false prophets is by carefully discerning when their teachings lead to unacceptable beliefs about God. God is Truth, and he is Love. Islam, when carefully examined, would have us believe otherwise.

Article link:
http://answering-islam.org/Authors/Wood/deceptive_god.htm
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by Sweetnecta: 3:30am On Dec 25, 2011
[Quote]Allah Starts Christianity . . . By Accident[/Quote]Allah did not start christianity. Just because christianity is mentioned in the Quran, it is mentioned just like paganism is mentioned.

[Quote]If we examine the teachings of Islam, we find that Allah not only started Christianity, but also made Christianity the world’s dominant religion. This fact should seem strange to everyone, for Muslims believe that Christianity is a false religion. Of course, Muslims will respond by arguing that Christianity is a false religion because it was corrupted by man, but that in its original state it was the message of Allah given to Jesus the son of Mary.

While there isn’t a shred of evidence that the followers of Jesus ever believed anything similar to Islam, this is beside the point. According to Islam, Christianity was corrupted by Allah himself. To understand why Islam demands such a view, let us review a few facts.

FACT #1: The Qur’an states that Jesus was a messenger of Allah and a prophet of Islam. Indeed, Surah 19 tells us that Jesus began preaching Islamic theology the moment he was born:[/Quote]The bold is very important to indicate that Jesus was not told to start Christianity. And thank God even the christians will agree that he didn't start it. He did not build any church. He would not know what achurch is if he were to come across any. Just like Moses who didn't start judaism or build any Synagogue/temple.
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by Sweetnecta: 3:37am On Dec 25, 2011
[Quote]FACT #2: The Qur’an states that Jesus won a number of followers. Since Jesus spent his entire life preaching an early form of Islam, his message to his disciples must have centered around the basic tenets of Islamic theology. These disciples would have become something similar to Muslims, which is exactly what Islam teaches about Jesus’ followers:

When Jesus found Unbelief on their [i.e. the Jews’] Part He said: “Who will be My helpers to (the work Of) Allah?” Said the Disciples: “We are Allah’s helpers: We believe in Allah, And do thou bear witness That we are Muslims.”[5]

And behold! I inspired The Disciples [of Jesus] to have faith In Me and Mine Messenger; They said, “We have faith, And do thou bear witness That we bow to Allah As Muslims.”[6]

Then, in their wake, We followed them up With (others of) Our messengers: We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, And bestowed on him The Gospel; and We ordained In the hearts of those Who followed him Compassion and Mercy.[7]

If the Qur’an is correct, then Jesus converted at least some of the children of Israel to Islam. Though there is absolutely no historical evidence for any such conversions, let us assume for the sake of argument that there were first century Jews who believed the message of Jesus and became Muslims. As we shall see, this assumption only presents problems for Muslim apologists.[/Quote]We know about his 12 disciples from the children of Israel. We also know that Jesus made salah all night at the gethsemane, where he prostrated his face in prayer and supplication to God, No one says Jesus converted so many people. 12 in many millions or few hundred thousands is nevertheless some conversion, though not a lot and we can't call that a great success.
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by Sweetnecta: 3:48am On Dec 25, 2011
[Quote]FACT #5: The Qur’an states that Allah helped spread Christianity. Once God had caused belief in Jesus death and resurrection, he then worked diligently to aid the Christians in spreading their false message:[/Quote]this is untrue. though christianity is a form of disbelief, but it is not like idol based disbelief we see in hinduism, for example where everything including rat is worshiped.

[Quote]O you who believe! be helpers (in the cause) of Allah, as [Jesus] son of Marium said to (his) disciples: Who are my helpers in the cause of Allah? The disciples said: We are helpers (in the cause) of Allah. So a party of the children of Israel believed and another party disbelieved; then We aided those who believed against their enemy, and they became uppermost.[16]

This verse is extremely important, for it means that Allah helped the followers of Jesus against the Jews who rejected Jesus, and that these followers “became uppermost.” So who were these followers of Jesus who became stronger than the Jews? The only people in history who fit such a description are orthodox Christians, who believe in Jesus’ death, resurrection, and divinity. In other words, Muslims can’t claim here that Jesus’ message was corrupted and that the true Gospel was wiped out, because that clearly isn’t the group that the Qur’an refers to in this passage. Even if there was a group of first century Muslim-Christians, this group never gained an upper hand over anyone. Indeed, they must have been snuffed out immediately. The only group of Jesus’ followers that ever became strong enough to overshadow the Jews was composed of Christians, once Christianity had spread throughout the Roman Empire. These Christians believed in the foundational doctrines that Christians hold even today. Yet, according to the Qur’an, Allah helped these people rise to power![/Quote]When was this bolded made, except when Jesus was alive, preaching Islam to his muslim followers? After Jesus left, and the condition of the helpers [disciples] is not in the care or leadership of Jesus, if they drifted into disbelief in the company of Paul or by themselves, at some point, Islam of Jesus died off and was replaced by disbelief in form of Christianity.

[Quote]How, then, did Christianity spread and become the dominant world religion? It spread by the power of Allah! And who started the Christian message about Jesus’ death on the cross? God invented this message! Even non-Christian historians are convinced that Jesus’ death is one of history’s best-established facts.[17] Where did historians get this idea? They got it from God, who tricked so many people into believing in Jesus’ death that we now have tons of historical evidence for this event. Since there are roughly two billion Christians on earth at the present moment, it seems that Jesus and God are responsible for starting the only religion in the world that overshadows Islam.[/Quote]Christianity spread just like Hinduism, Judaism to name a few. Neither of these or christianity did God sanction, yet they spread because satan is able to make each attractive to the diseased heart, rejecting pure faith while looking for an easy fix.
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by Sweetnecta: 4:10am On Dec 25, 2011
DAvid Wood needs not use woody brain, because the 610 years that Christianity had over Islam of Muhammad [as] accounts for the advantage in mere head count numbers, but Islam has advantage in clear dedication of sincere hearts. But the number games will be wiped off in say 200 years from now, InshaAllah.

[Quote]If Islam Is True . . .

Needless to say, I think the Islamic view is extremely problematic. It requires us to believe that God deceived billions of people. God even led Jesus’ followers astray by tricking so many people into believing that Jesus died. This could have been avoided if God hadn’t been so intent on deceiving people. But this leads to more questions: Why would God want people to believe that Jesus was dead when he really wasn’t? Muslims can’t argue that God did it to protect Jesus from the Jews or Romans, since God was taking Jesus away safely anyway. So, why would God want to give Jesus’ enemies the satisfaction of seeing Jesus killed? Why not raise Jesus up without deceiving everyone about it? There seems to be no reason at all for God to deceive these people, especially since such a deception would soon lead to the formation of Christianity.[/Quote]The above bold is so untrue, because the jews could have used the same thinking, saying Jehovah tricked them to believe that he was not going to come on earth, or having a begotten son that will carry the sins of all borne by the simple offense of eating forbidden fruit of Apple. The One jewish God is not 3 persons God in Trinity of Christians. What will the Hindus say? David needs to face reality. The way of God is unchanging, while man give in to his own desire, going into falsehood when he deviates from the way of God which was brought by the prophets who correct man. When the christians read that Jesus was not a spirit, indicating that he did not die, never mind the failure of the test of 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the earth, they should have said that the preaching of Paul is bogus and therefore reject it, and simply wait for the another comforter to lead to all things as he will correct by what he hears from God, that he will repeat.

[Quote]This is a difficult pill to swallow, yet Islam forces us to view the origin of Christianity in this way. If Islam is true, God deceives people who believe the prophets he sends. If Islam is true, God spreads false teachings until they become dominant in the world. If Islam is true, Jesus, the Messiah, was completely incompetent and should never have been sent by God, since Jesus’ life ended up leading more people astray than any other life in history. Because the Muslim view is at odds with any traditional understanding of God’s nature (including the Islamic understanding), Islam is an incoherent religious system, which should be rejected by all rational people. Islam has a poor and contemptible explanation for the origin of Christianity. If Islam is true, the existence of Christianity makes no sense at all.[/Quote]Imagine a jew asking david wood if christianity is true, Jehovah must have deceived and made liars of the prophets he sent? The reality, is that david has not considered that man, must have blocked his mind, making human prophet, especially Jesus in the eyes of the christians more than what he really was. After all, he said i of my own power can do nothing.
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by Sweetnecta: 4:47am On Dec 25, 2011
[Quote]If Christianity Is True . . .

Christianity, on the other hand, easily accounts for the rise of Islam. Indeed, if Christianity is true, the rise of Islam makes perfect sense. If it isn’t immediately clear why Christianity entails the rise of religions such as Islam, consider the following line of thought.[/Quote]What will a Jew say about Christianity, a religion using its textbook, Torah, Psalm and Gospel that was simply confirming the earlier two?

[Quote]If Christianity is true, then the following statements are also true:

(1) People can only come to God through Jesus Christ.
(2) Satan is a real spirit being who wants to keep people from God.[18][/Quote]If Judaism is true, a jew will say to the chrsitian, people can only come to God through Moses, hence satan has instigated Trinity and by so doing prevents them from approaching God directly, instead of through a patron; Jesus. Where is the reality, david? Reality is with God Who is the Creator, so He knows and He is different from the one who is powerless of his own power.

[Quote]With these statements in mind, let’s see if we can figure out a little something about Satan. Now, if Satan wants to keep people from God, and if the way to God is through Jesus Christ, what would Satan’s highest priority be? His main goal wouldn’t be to get people to lead immoral lives (though he would prefer that we do, since this corrupts God’s created order); instead, his primary aim would be to incite people to reject Christ, for this rejection is what keeps them separated from God.[/Quote]This guy knows satan intimately, though he does not have any revelation given to him. So he must be an agent of satan. A jew will say the same thing, discrediting Jesus. Certainly, they did, yet they flocked to Madina waiting by their book, the prophet in Yatrib.

[Quote]But how would Satan convince people to reject Christ? We should note here that there are plenty of people in the world who simply don’t care about God. Satan doesn’t have to worry about them, because they aren’t interested in salvation anyway. Since his goal is to keep as many people from God as possible, we would expect Satan to be more focused on people who are to some extent concerned with religious matters. There are two ways to keep such people from God. Satan would either have to convince them that all “religious talk” is nonsense (i.e. by spreading secularism, which we see around the world) or he would have to offer them a substitute for the truth (i.e. a religion that rejects what is necessary for salvation).[/Quote]Just like the jews accepted that the prophetic fountain head was Moses, thereby rejecting future prophets that were given revelations, the christians did just that with Jesus thinking that God can not choose another tribe of Abraham to complete His Will on man. Salvation in Islam is the islamic Monotheism, that has no need for killing anybody or any animal, while condemnation includes Christian Trinity, Jewish tribal religion, Hindus many gods.

[Quote]Thus, if Christianity is true, we would expect Satan to inspire religions that reject Christ’s sacrificial death and resurrection, even though these religions may be similar to Christianity in other (non-essential) respects. Now that we have a clear picture of what we would predict if Christianity were true, let us see how Islam matches up with our prediction.[/Quote]The one who curses satan is definitely protected from satanic influence, especially when his Protector is God.

[Quote]The message of Islam is something like this: “Believe in God. Do good deeds. If you do enough of them, you’ll get to heaven. Respect Jesus, for he was a mighty prophet, who delivered God’s message to the children of Israel. Also believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, that he performed many miracles, and that he was the Messiah. But whatever you do, don’t believe that he died on the cross for your sins. And don’t believe that he rose from the dead. In fact, the worst possible sin you can commit is to believe that Jesus is the Son of God.” Notice that Islam rejects Christianity’s essential requirements for salvation while accepting certain other doctrines. For instance, Muslims are commanded to believe in God, but even Satan and his demons believe in God. Muslims are commanded to do good deeds, but all religions teach this. Muslims are allowed to believe certain things about Jesus (such as his prophet status and virgin birth), but these beliefs do not save a person. Yet when we come to beliefs that are essential for salvation—the deity of Christ, his death on the cross, and his resurrection from the dead—we find that Islam is violently opposed to these crucial doctrines.[19] Islam, then, looks exactly like the religion we predicted that Satan would form, for it denies what is necessary for people to come to God.[/Quote]Keep your false deity, oh david wood. Jesus himself knows that he is powerless. What Islam belief is Believe in One Unique God Who is Complete. All your worship and obedience are to Him. Do good for His sake and hope in Him, while you avoid evil, and be patient in your reliance upon Him.

[Quote]There is, of course, an easier way for us to see that Christianity predicts the rise of Islam. We can look at some of the prophecies in the Bible. For example, Jesus said that “Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many.[/Quote]And Jesus said that there will be a true prophet coming from God who will hear from God and simply repeat to man what he hears, leading to all true, correcting false notions, giving the true information about Jesus and most importantly, the litmus stated by Jesus is that the prophet that says Jesus is the christ is that very true prophet of God.

[Quote]”[20] Paul added that some people would follow “deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons.”[21] (The phrase “deceitful spirit” is reminiscent of the Qur’anic claim that Allah deceived people about the death of Jesus.)[/Quote]Did the people who said they killed Jesus deceived Jesus and "people", too?

[Quote] The Bible warns over and over again that false teachers and false prophets would come in order to distort the Gospel. Apparently, few people in Muhammad’s time heeded this warning.[/Quote]So teacher and prophet are now synonymous? Who is the prophet that says Jesus is the christ, or what purpose will Jesus say this for the future generation, if there will not be a single True Prophet to come from God, after Jesus? Did the Ghost tell the disciples that Jesus is the Christ, as part of what they forgot that he reminded them, or is this part of correction, or part of new information or part of glorifying Jesus? It was less that 2 month after a 3 year lecture. I wonder how they needed a refresher course if they were good students of a good teacher?
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by Sweetnecta: 4:48am On Dec 25, 2011
I have no need to deal with the conclusion of mr. david wood. I want plappville to enjoy that misinformation.
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by LagosShia: 10:45am On Dec 25, 2011
brother Sweetnecta,Allah is Greatest!

when these thick skull christians copy/paste articles from anti-islamic missionary christian sites,all you need to do is to google the rebuttal by islamic sites and paste it for the thick skulls to crack open.

you dont need at all to waste your time refuting the nonsense the missionary writer has penned down from his imaginations inspired by satan.our brothers in Islam have already done that.we only refute what these individual christians cockroaches crawling nairaland post themselves.

in the below muslim website for instance you would find many articles refuting the nonsense of the thick skull missionary David Wood.there is nothing in the missionary websites that they pen to deceive people that our internet warriors do not answer:

http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/refuting_david_wood
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by LagosShia: 10:49am On Dec 25, 2011
"Isaiah 65 & 66 declare Christianity to be a false religion"!

http://www.answering-christianity.com/isaiah_65_and_66_declare_christianity_false.htm
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by bashydemy(m): 11:56am On Dec 25, 2011
Jazakum brothers
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by proo212(m): 9:00pm On Dec 25, 2011
Thank You Bro Dave Wood and Sam Shamoun as well Plappville for this take on Jesus and Mohammed, I have not read the rebuttals from our resident Muslim brothers but you guys have to be really thinking and examining your positions.

Praise the Lord
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by proo212(m): 9:40pm On Dec 25, 2011
You guys talk of rebuttal from Islamic sites, I have seen your Ahmed Deedat and Zakir Naik and Shabir Alli and all they hold on to is interpretation of the text of the quran. I thought the quran was easy to understand for a layman.

The issue with you guys is pride. You have a lot time invested and you would lose face but think of eternity. Eternity is too much a price to pay for getting it wrong.

Bro Dave Wood used your same quran to show the obvious lack of truth in it.

Repent and believe the Christ died for your sins and was raised from the dead. He is Lord.
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 25, 2011
^^
Mind you , these so called Scholars cannot use the Quran to refute the truths about their lies, instead, and time and time again, they use, guess what, you guessed right, the one and only BIBLE  grin grin grin grin
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by Sweetnecta: 10:01pm On Dec 25, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I always laugh at you.

Quran corrects all the false statements. Leads to all truth. Reminds what truth that came from each prophets before it. Glorifies Jesus in proper and accurate measure. It is what is heard from God that was repeated by the only prophet [as] who came after Jesus [as] declaring Jesus as the christ.
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by plappville(f): 1:27am On Dec 26, 2011
@sweetnecta, how many can we mention? Christians see the kuran as a book that totally lack divinity.
How will the Kuran deny's Jesus crucifition and resurrection. It says that Mary the mother of Jesus is In body as Trinity?
Where is this claim from? Because there's nothing like that in the Bible and we christian do not identify Mary as a body of the Trinity.

@lagoShia what "Dave Wood" has done is what is to be done. He used the kuran, Bible and other history source.
This gave a clear view of Islam and its aim. Islamic scholars do their rebutals rarely with the same kuran, this is baseless.
They ve nothing new so they must crack their head to find new ideals to back Islam falsehood.
They ve nothing to refute, the rise of Islam is not Godly.
This article has revealed the most hiden facts about Islam. People shouldread and understand What Islam really is.
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by LagosShia: 10:47am On Dec 26, 2011
"Where Is Jesus"?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739871.0.html

"The Christian Resurrection Myth"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739850.0.html

"the Christian God:blood And Human Sacrifice"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651811.0.html

"original Sin"-linking It To An Imperfect God!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-551599.0.html

"False Prophecies Of The New Testament" (bible)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-550247.0.html

"The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word"?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-729581.0.html

"Proof Of Plagiarism In The Christian New Testament From The Jewish Old Testament"[/b]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-820199.0.html

[b]The Fifth Kingdom(of God) In The Bible Prophecy Of The Book "DANIEL 2" Is Islam![/b]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-772940.0.html

[b]"The New Islamic Nation In Undeniable Bible Prophecies"

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-820160.0.html
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by plappville(f): 11:39am On Dec 26, 2011
People of the living GOD, Islam can deceive you.  It can fool the very elect. It rejects the salvation Jesus has made possible and sure. Islam spreads the lie that Jesus never even died on a cross no resurrected. that alone makes it demonic. Rejecting Christ death is rejecting Christ completely. Again, Jesus never said a true prophet would appear in the last days. Rather, He said false prophets would arise who would deceive, if possible, the very elect.

One Must be a Christian to be Saved! See that in John 14:6; Acts 4:12, and 26:28; 1 Peter 4:16. one cannot be a christian without verbally confessin' the deity of Jesus Christ. One cant even pray to God, let alone ve sins remitted by Him, witout approaching him through Jesus (John 14:6 and 13, 15:16; 16:23-24; Romans 5:2, and Ephesians 2:18). Even if Moslims, Mormons, Christian Scientists and Seventh Day Adventists will not want to hear this, the Bible had already declares that Jesus was the FINAL revelation of God to man. There ve been no others. (the Kuran unveiled).
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by bashydemy(m): 2:26pm On Dec 26, 2011
^^^ and what happen to that Prophet mention in your bible? are we still waiting for him?
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by Sweetnecta: 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2011
Plappville is shameless to tell us that her God died by the hands of human killers, his tribe's men.

Even the Hindus are ashamed to say something this awful out.

What can a God who can't save itself bring to others of any salvation? This is very shameful, woman.

If Jesus did not die, and those people who have claimed he died and believed it have lied and rejected Jesus, will you not say?

Many have been saved before Christianity. And it does not make any sense that the man and woman who ate the fruits are not in hell, yet me who was not born at the time of the mistake will go to hell if I do not accept that an innocent man after the crime had to lose his life for the sin already bygone on the two who committed it, and for me who didn't commit it.

Should it not have been easier to just say that we should not eat some kind of fruits instead, in the same way we do not eat pork, in the same way Jacob forbid himself of hindquarter, instead of staining us still with the sin we didn't commit, showing that even to those who believe Jesus died for this sin, the death didn't quiet do the trick, and in my mind it is the very height of injustice.

And The True God is not an Unjust Ruler.
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by plappville(f): 7:01pm On Dec 26, 2011
bashy_demy:

^^^ and what happen to that Prophet mention in your bible? are we still waiting for him?

The ones in the bible u ve refused them, u ve choosed the one the DEVIL sent to distrol the world with bomb.
Ur Country is crying out to God, shame to ISLAM the devils founded cult.
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by plappville(f): 7:10pm On Dec 26, 2011
Sweetnecta:

Plappville is shameless to tell us that her God died by the hands of human killers, his tribe's men.

Even the Hindus are ashamed to say something this awful out.

What can a God who can't save itself bring to others of any salvation? This is very shameful, woman.

If Jesus did not die, and those people who have claimed he died and believed it have lied and rejected Jesus, will you not say?

Many have been saved before Christianity. And it does not make any sense that the man and woman who ate the fruits are not in hell, yet me who was not born at the time of the mistake will go to hell if I do not accept that an innocent man after the crime had to lose his life for the sin already bygone on the two who committed it, and for me who didn't commit it.

Should it not have been easier to just say that we should not eat some kind of fruits instead, in the same way we do not eat pork, in the same way Jacob forbid himself of hindquarter, instead of staining us still with the sin we didn't commit, showing that even to those who believe Jesus died for this sin, the death didn't quiet do the trick, and in my mind it is the very height of injustice.

And The True God is not an Unjust Ruler.

Nigeria needs you now, ae your family safe? Yes of course if they are muslim, and are the non muslims safe? No they ve to die by bomb.
[size=18pt] (surah 9:5) Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.[/size]

Those that are killed YESTARDAY,will they come back to worship allah? no, the intention was not really to drag people to islam, but rather, to drill their blood, the devil always needs blood.

@Sweetnecta, turn to JESES will be saved.
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by LagosShia: 8:10pm On Dec 26, 2011
HOLY QURAN 5:32:
whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.

HOLY QURAN 2:190:
Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.

HOLY QURAN 7:55:
(O mankind!) Call upon your Lord humbly and in secret. Lo! He loveth not aggressors.

HOLY QURAN 8:61:
"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in Allah: for He is the One that Heareth and Knoweth (all things)."

HOLY QURAN 5:2:
" , and let not the hatred of some people in (once) shutting you out of the Sacred Mosque lead you to transgression (and hostility on your part). Help ye one another in righteousness and piety, but help ye not one another in sin and rancour: fear Allah: for Allah is strict in punishment."

HOLY QURAN 41:34:
"Nor can Goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better: then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!"

HOLY QURAN 4:135:
"O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do."

HOLY QURAN 16:90
"God advocates justice, charity, and regarding the relatives. And He forbids evil, vice, and transgression. He enlightens you, that you may take heed."

HOLY QURAN 16:126:
"And if ye do punish them, punish them no worse than they punished you: but if ye show patience, that is indeed the best (course) for those who are patient."

HOLY QURAN 21:107:
"And we have not sent you but as a mercy for the world"
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by LagosShia: 8:11pm On Dec 26, 2011
[size=18pt]Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"? [/size]
By Huda, About.com Guide

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?
Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context.
There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.

"Slay Them" - If They Attack You First
For example, one verse (in its snipped version) reads: "slay them wherever you catch them" (Qur'an 2:191). But who is this referring to? Who are "they" that this verse discusses? The preceding and following verses give the correct context:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter, But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful, If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).
It is clear from the context that these verses are discussing a defensive war, when a Muslim community is attacked without reason, oppressed and prevented from practicing their faith. In these circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to cease fighting as soon as the attacker gives up. Even in these circumstances, Muslim are only to fight directly against those who are attacking them, not innocent bystanders or non-combatants.

"Fight the Pagans" - If They Break Treaties
A similar verse can be found in chapter 9, verse 5 -- which in its snipped, out of context version could read: "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following verses give the context.
This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them, (as quoted above).

Directly after this permission to fight, the same verse continues, "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them, for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any member of the pagan tribe/army who asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God loves the righteous."

Conclusion
Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. Nowhere in the Qur'an can be found support for indiscriminate slaughter, the killing of non-combatants, or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged crimes.
The Islamic teachings on this subject can be summed up in the following verses (Qur'an 60:7-cool:
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism_verse.htm
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by LagosShia: 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2011
Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: [/b]and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

[b]Luke 19:27

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.

Matthew 10:35
35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by LagosShia: 8:18pm On Dec 26, 2011
Hosea 13:16
"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."

Revelation 2:22-23
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

Deuteronomy 17:2-5
If there be found among you , that , hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them , Then shalt thou , tone them with stones, till they die.
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 26, 2011
Surely you know how to carry out a proper debate, rather than copying and pasting random bible verses out of sheer desperation and alarming dread of the Truth.

I suggest you debate the way we debate with you , point by point, sentence by sentence, word by word with logical reasoning and proper analysis of the facts.
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by LagosShia: 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2011
frosbel:

Surely you know how to carry out a proper debate, rather than copying and pasting random bible verses out of sheer desperation and alarming dread of the Truth.

I suggest you debate the way we debate with you , point by point, sentence by sentence, word by word with logical reasoning and proper analysis of the facts.

deceptionist!

when you went and copied randomly verse 9:5 of the Holy Quran,you did not see that as improper.what i have provided are facts that will shed light on the issue and refute your allegation while at the same time turning the table against the barbarity in your "holy bible".
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by Sweetnecta: 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2011
@Plappville; In the month of Ramadan, I almost lost my wife to the Boko Haram evil acts. Allah is our Protector.

@Frosbel: On your ogical reasoning, tell me how a mere eating of fruit by first parent who have been forgiven right after it carries a stigma on man, so much so that some innocent man had to lose his life for it and even then nothing changed, because the already forgiven sin on the fruit eaters is still a sin that each innocent child born carries, today, according to your Bible and your rationale?

Please show me logical reasoning in pure practical analysis in this idea.
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by plappville(f): 9:49pm On Dec 26, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Plappville; In the month of Ramadan, I almost lost my wife to the Boko Haram evil acts. Allah is our Protector.

@Frosbel: On your ogical reasoning, tell me how a mere eating of fruit by first parent who have been forgiven right after it carries a stigma on man, so much so that some innocent man had to lose his life for it and even then nothing changed, because the already forgiven sin on the fruit eaters is still a sin that each innocent child born carries, today, according to your Bible and your rationale?

Please show me logical reasoning in pure practical analysis in this idea.

grin grin grin grin grin Why do u people believe u are chating with kids in NL? allah was blind to fight against himself? Ve the boko bomb a Mosque in Nigeria? Last christmas eve was same bombing issue that killed almost 35 persons.
Boko is islam, Islam can't kill Islam.
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by Sweetnecta: 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2011
I am Muslim, i am not boko, as you said.

you 'kid' didn't read where i said i almost lost my wife to boko; blind bat thinking.
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by plappville(f): 10:02pm On Dec 26, 2011
Sweetnecta:

I am Muslim, i am not boko, as you said.

you 'kid' didn't read where i said i almost lost my wife to boko; blind bat thinking.

As an adult, u should understand in my reply that i read it, that is why i said allah was blind to fight against himself? U cannot lose ur wife to boko becaue u are same. Imagin me say a fellow christian almost kill my hubby shocked shocked .
Tell me, how many Mosque ve boko bombed since the existance of boko??
Re: What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus by Sweetnecta: 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^ i shake my head for you; you don't know christians have killed other christians?

Gowon and Ojukwu; christians.

When did I become boko haram, at my age and where i am located, especially when i am not hausa and i dislike evil deeds?

You must be the missing link that Boko Haram is missing making them to do evil.

Abeg, run to them and let nigeria gain some peace. grin [the laughter is courtesy of frosbel how has not seen any situation that does not warrant grin]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Was The Holy Prophet Poisoned (killed) Or Died Naturally? / Honest Reasons Why I Am Not A Muslim! (for Tbaba). / Muhammad's Ally With Pagans And Jinn-devil (Birds Of The Same Feathers).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.