Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

..... - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ..... (10369 Views)

Andriod Games (free Take Away)!!! / Which Andriod Phones Is Toping The Chat In Nigeria? / How Much Is Dual Sim Andriod Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ..... by freeyooh: 6:38pm On Dec 25, 2011
try lg optimus pro beta battery life than d so called galaxy ace and it runs on android2.3 or u use lg optimus one,
Re: ..... by abiamahart: 7:37pm On Dec 25, 2011
lg-kp500 - n36,000
Re: ..... by jedisco(m): 8:08pm On Dec 25, 2011
@op except if your mind is madeup I would advice you to go for the new Nokia 701. It uses the new symbian belle which is awesome. Also its hardware specs (u can Google it) are top notch and can be matched only by highend android phones which are more than #40,000 more expensive.
There are hd games and nice softwares available. Also the Cindy update promises to be better
Re: ..... by GurusForum: 9:01pm On Dec 25, 2011
I bought BLU Tango Android 2.2 last June from the USA and it's damn great. Works well with MTN, Airtel, Glo and Etisalat. It's cheap and damn good. They don't sell here in 9ja for now but if you need it, just holla and I will get it for you from the USA.
Re: ..... by francis247(m): 9:08pm On Dec 25, 2011
Dere I:

I usually see pple's post that shows via andriod, blackberry,Htc and so on,  But whateva, since my own no wan show na, no wahala
download 'friendcaster for android'.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 25, 2011
R all of dem touchscreen fones? Aint dere none wit keypads?
Re: ..... by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:40pm On Dec 25, 2011
If you are trying to dodge samsung (I wonder why) and stay within the 20k-40k range, then I would suggest you look at the middle range of sony ericsson's xperia series. they are android, but the battery on 3g might be a tad insufficient.

then also, you can get Etisalat's gaga for 19k. problem is that the phone's locked to etisalat so if you're not prepared to stick with Etisalat, don't look that way. besides, i doubt if etisalat's gaga gets OS updates.
Re: ..... by francis247(m): 9:41pm On Dec 25, 2011
Android OS is owned by google; the company doesn't manufacture smartphones hence others such as samsung, LG, sonny ericsson and others do use its OS. Nokia only make smartphones using its own symbian OS, so requesting for a Nokia android smartphone is the same as requesting for a Nokia blackberry or samsung symbian smartphone which is not possible. if you want to go for a smartphone make sure its a high end one cos some are smarter the some others, if it's ANDROID, for now samsung which its high end ones are between 40 to 60k remains the best. Note: you can't get a nokia android smartphone as none run's on Android Operating System.
Re: ..... by Sundayademola(m): 10:57pm On Dec 25, 2011
afamblondy:

You dont seem to know much about android phone else you wouldn't say "not Samsung".I bet you didn't know Samsung supplies Apple with most of thier chips.
Anyway If you want an android phone,your choices are as follows;
1.Samsung
2.Samsung
3.Samsung
And more Samsung.The best phine right now is the Samsung Galaxy s2
sgs II, the best phone my foot
park well bro and search.
Re: ..... by eghost247(m): 11:04pm On Dec 25, 2011
funny nobody mentioned HTC Android phones undecided undecided
Re: ..... by goggs(m): 11:13pm On Dec 25, 2011
Sundayademola:

sgs II, the best phone my foot
park well bro and search.

Dude, I felt that way till I bought the Galaxy SII. Goodness there is no phone in the market like it. I have used the apple and Sony Ericsson so i know what I am talking about. The bottom line though is that perception plays a part in the choice of phones. Someone may disagree.
Re: ..... by Sundayademola(m): 11:22pm On Dec 25, 2011
goggs:

Dude, I felt that way till I bought the Galaxy SII. Goodness there is no phone in the market like it. I have used the apple and Sony Ericsson so i know what I am talking about. The bottom line though is that perception plays a part in the choice of phones. Someone may disagree.
I currently own the droid but experience has been awful but there are couple of phones surpassing it.
Re: ..... by Sundayademola(m): 11:24pm On Dec 25, 2011
eghost247:

thinking of switching to sensation 4g but will it work in Naija?
Re: ..... by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 25, 2011
@koolguy, Nokia does not run android, 99% of nokia smartphones run on symbian. Nokia N9 runs on an OS called "meego harmttan" while Nokia lumia 800 runs on windows mobile. Sony ericsson smartphones were also using symbian before they changed to android, Nokia is not planning to divert to android but has concluded arrangement with microsoft to windows mobile from next year.

1 Like

Re: ..... by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 25, 2011
Re: ..... by yavo: 11:56pm On Dec 25, 2011
HTC phones are quite expensive and people are complaining about their batteries. What is really the problem with symbian. am thinking of going for a Nokia N8
Re: ..... by Hablad47(m): 12:01am On Dec 26, 2011
Re: ..... by francis247(m): 8:27am On Dec 26, 2011
pls help! how do I remove a gadget or shortcut from the homescreen of huawei u8180. Thanks.
Re: ..... by Lexusgs430: 9:14am On Dec 26, 2011
francis247:

pls help! how do I remove a gadget or shortcut from the homescreen of huawei u8180. Thanks.

Press and hold widget or app, and drag to bin icon that would appear @ mid top.
Re: ..... by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:58am On Dec 26, 2011
eghost247:

You did see the op's price range, didn't you? how many HTC android phones fit into that range?
Re: ..... by Administrator: 12:39pm On Dec 26, 2011
I have 2
Re: ..... by mekaboy(m): 1:00pm On Dec 26, 2011
PLEASE I JUST GOT A SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 , TRIED THE MTN WEEKLY PLAN OF N400 WHICH IS 25MB- DOWNLOADED WATSAPP , YAHOO MESSENGER AND FACEBOOK FOR ANDROID . CHATTED ABIT AND THE 25MB IS EXHAUSTED IN A DAY. SHOULDNT THERE BE A DATA PLAN LIKE BLACKBERRY WHERE U PAY A MONTH AND BROWSE ALL U WANT?

THE GALAXY S2 IS A COMPLETE COMPUTER, THE DISPLAY IS WONDERFUL, WITH OVER 25,000 APPS TO DOWNLOAD. BUT THE SCREEN AFFECTS THE BATTERY LIFE, YOU HAVE TO CHARGE DAILY IF U BROWSE OR USE IT OFTEN.

PLEASE WHICH DATA PLAN CAN I USE TO REDUCE COST.?
Re: ..... by Sundayademola(m): 3:07pm On Dec 26, 2011
mekaboy:

PLEASE I JUST GOT A SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 , TRIED THE MTN WEEKLY PLAN OF N400 WHICH IS 25MB- DOWNLOADED WATSAPP , YAHOO MESSENGER AND FACEBOOK FOR ANDROID . CHATTED ABIT AND THE 25MB IS EXHAUSTED IN A DAY. SHOULDNT THERE BE A DATA PLAN LIKE BLACKBERRY WHERE U PAY A MONTH AND BROWSE ALL U WANT?

THE GALAXY S2 IS A COMPLETE COMPUTER, THE DISPLAY IS WONDERFUL, WITH OVER 25,000 APPS TO DOWNLOAD. BUT THE SCREEN AFFECTS THE BATTERY LIFE, YOU HAVE TO CHARGE DAILY IF U BROWSE OR USE IT OFTEN.

PLEASE WHICH DATA PLAN CAN I USE TO REDUCE COST.?

try 7500 for 6gig on glo if are a heavy user.
Re: ..... by toyeoye(m): 4:53pm On Dec 26, 2011
PLS N.L CAN U RECOMMEND D BEST SITES TO DOWNLOAD APK FILES?
IT MAKES 3MUCH SENSE
SEASON GREETINGS Y'ALL
Re: ..... by DereI(f): 4:58pm On Dec 26, 2011
ola4yinka:

Pls where did u get your Ace? Slot sells for 45k or so, thanks

I bought mine @ Fine Brothers in Enugu
Re: ..... by Teaser4(m): 5:00pm On Dec 26, 2011
Administrator:

I have used samsung galaxy pro before and it was nice and okay. Slot just slashed the price to 24,500 from 31,500 that I bought mine.

LG P500 Is also a good fone that you can get within the range, A friend bought his 36,500 in october but its now 25,500 due to the latest slash in price.

By anyone of the two and save your money, you will never regret buying any of that two.

HTC CHACHA is another good one, pls don't be decieved, I am assuring you.
hi bro, Slot still sell galaxy pro @ 31500, its on their website,
Re: ..... by Administrator: 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2011
Re: ..... by Teaser4(m): 8:30pm On Dec 26, 2011
Administrator:

It was a mistake, I was there on saturday, And if you want it brand new from slot call 08122709598,
then they need update their website,pls how much is a brand new GALAXY ACE,cos it shows 45k on thier website
Re: ..... by Administrator: 5:59am On Dec 27, 2011
Teaser4:

then they need update their website,pls how much is a brand new GALAXY ACE,cos it shows 45k on thier website

GALAXY ACE IS 45k but is becoming outdated. Try

Galaxy pro
LG P500
Htc chacha. Bye

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where can I get Free Bulk Sms / Finally Moved From Android To Iphone 11 Pro Max / How Much Does It Cost To Replace Iphone Xs Max Back Glass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.