Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) (11451 Views)

Poll: Are you in support of male circumcision? Would you circumcise?

Yes: 91% (142 votes)
No: 8% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Woman Delivers Baby Boy In Tricycle [photos] / Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? / Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Blatant: 6:05pm On Oct 03, 2007
you don see as oyinbo prick be before? the thing ugly no be small

I must circumcise every male child of mine
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by romeo(m): 6:10pm On Oct 03, 2007
wetin concern me say you no circumcise your baby boy? i will do to mine
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by WebMonk(m): 6:20pm On Oct 03, 2007
Seun:

A man can get circumcised at any time - they just need to cut the foreskin - so I don't see what they are 'suffering'.

LMAO! That's very funny, Especially when what comes to mind was how the Men Of Sechem fared on the "third day" after their circumcision in order to merge with the house of Jacob.

Seun:

seun0001, how could circumcising a helpless baby be more safe than circumcising a fully grown adult?

Well, unless you're not expecting anyone to cut you down on the third day and besides the pain, then go ahead.

Now that you brought up this topic, i took a good look at my "King Kong Congo" and I'm very grateful that my parents did it.

English1:

Personally I think that circumcised ones look a bit deformed - that is not how God made them!

That's a little too self contradicting, even to be typed here and be looked by all, considering he's the one who gave instructions for circumcision. Unless there's something else you left out in that post?

PS: Can anyone testify to lesser sexual experiences because of circumscion? with the size of the sexuality thread that alone is FACT! Reverend, Calabar Man, where are you people?

Adios!
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Seun(m): 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2007
If circumcision is painful for an adult, imagine how painful it must be for a baby.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by presido1: 7:05pm On Oct 03, 2007
Seun:

If circumcision is painful for an adult, imagine how painful it must be for a baby.
so this is your argument? then why will you subject your wife to natural means of giving birth, do you think that is not painful as well.
You have to convince us to support you brother.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by SMC(f): 7:11pm On Oct 03, 2007
JustGood:

speak for yourself and your people. Not for the rest of the world

No matter what you feel, English1 is right when she says that there are more males who are uncircumcised than there are who are circumcised. I do not know the exact percentages but I believe circumcised males are outnumbered on a ratio of at least 3:1.

I have numerous friends who have never seen a circumcised privates in their lives, but this is not about them. The indisputable and cogent fact is that most men are uncircumcised. The fact that we come from a society where circumcision is the norm, does not mean that we should assume that the rest of the world have similar norms or that our way is the only way (biblical backing or not).

@ The person (I think it was Joey82) who referred to leaving a male in the uncircumcised state as "barbaric", I'll have you know that more people view circumcising your child as barbaric (not the other way round).
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Seun(m): 7:13pm On Oct 03, 2007
so this is your argument? then why will you subject your wife to natural means of giving birth, do you think that is not painful as well.
I will not subject my wife to natural means of giving birth unless, as an adult, she insists that's what she wants. In the same way, if my baby boy grows up and says he wants to cut his foreskin, i won't stand in his way.

If you refrain from cutting, you can cut at any time. But once you cut, you can't reverse it. So why not leave it to the boy to decide how "clean" he wants his privates to be? Freedom of choice is a very good thing in matters like this.

No matter what you feel, English1 is right when she says that there are more males who are uncircumcised than there are who are circumcised. I do not know the exact percentages but I believe circumcised males are outnumbered on a ratio of at least 3:1.
Wow, I didn't know this. It's funny how people tend to believe that their way is the only way!
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Digiman(m): 7:33pm On Oct 03, 2007
I voted No because I beleive there is a reason why it was created that way in the first place !.

If you keep it clean it will function well, being uncircumcised does make you a heathen either.

For further reading please visit these links

http://www.circinfo.com/benefits/bmc.html

http://www.noharmm.org/anatomy.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision

Personally I think the choice should be left to the individual.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Kobojunkie: 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2007
All I can see is the faces of his friends when they are all trying to take a shower after sports or something and they discover what their friend  is still packing around with him and what it looks like,   cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy.

I can see the Signs on the Locker Room door, HORROR SHOW , NOW PLAYING!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Just kidding !!! but it is HELL funny !!!
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by ow11(m): 7:53pm On Oct 03, 2007
If it has no use then why was it put there in the first place?
when science find out its use then people will stop it

@kobojunkie

It will be a horror show if the situation is also in reverse.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 03, 2007
Well, not everything in humans has a dedicated function, the appendix being one of them.

@ Seun: Just one question, and please, give a straight answer - are you circumcised?
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by bluesky4(f): 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2007
lol, what function does the appendix have

seun, if u dont want to circumsise your unborn son, then dont. You dont need to circumsise your son for him to have a healthy life. HOWEVER the advantages of circumsision far outweigh that of not circumsising.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by FufuKing1(m): 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2007
SEUN IS 100 PERCENT RIGHT!

WOW!

There is a lot of misinformation out there about circumcision and many Nigerian men who are pro-circumcision are only so, because if they go against it, they have to admit that something WRONG was done to them. It's a severe blow to the male ego.

Anyway, the poster that said that circ prevent HPV is PATENTLY WRONG. The US has the highest rates of circumcision of the developed world and yet, nearly 80 perecent of the population is carrying a strain of HPV. Don't believe me, click here: http://www.cdc.gov/std/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm

It is a shame that circumcision is perpetuated on helpless baby males. Shameful and hypocritical to blast female circumcision and support male circumcision as well. It is done without the boy's consent, and there are studies that prove it reduces sensitivity, not to mention some boys DIE as a result of circumcision.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by finemocha(f): 9:24pm On Oct 03, 2007
uncircumcised peniss are very ugly period

plus u guys ever heard of smegma or phimosis. the last one can be pretty painful when it happens to a man. and not to mention the bacteria. you would think more men would keep that thing clean
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by mimiko(f): 9:46pm On Oct 03, 2007
can u imagine? WHAT a topic to debate on OGA NAIRALAND dont do it hmmmmmm so that your boy;s willy can droop all over the place i bet he will always have to drag 20inches or 5 pounds of flesh to access his willy. anyways na your son he must take after the dad right?
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by FufuKing1(m): 9:54pm On Oct 03, 2007
finemocha:

uncircumcised peniss are very ugly period

plus u guys ever heard of smegma or phimosis. the last one can be pretty painful when it happens to a man. and not to mention the bacteria. you would think more men would keep that thing clean

Again, this is all coming from bush mentality.

Of course you would say that, you grew up in Naija, a cutting culture, where all your life you've only seen cut dicks.

Smegma exists in both men and women. But guess what? In this day and age, most people have access to water and bathe regularly. It's NOT an issue.

Phimosis is rare, and guess what? Women can have phimosis too. It's called clitoral phimosis: http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=000160EE-E53A-1C67-B882809EC588ED9F

Can we start circumcising the clitoral hood in women to prevent clitoral phimosis? Would you like that? If you say no, you're a hypocrite.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by FufuKing1(m): 9:57pm On Oct 03, 2007
mimiko:

can u imagine? WHAT a topic to debate on OGA NAIRALAND don't do it hmmmmmm so that your boy;s willy can droop all over the place i bet he will always have to drag 20inches or 5 pounds of flesh to access his willy. anyways na your son he must take after the dad right?

Why do you have to resort to childish ignorance?

The defense mechanisms surrounding circumcision and its advocates are startling.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by freelancer(m): 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2007
Why will i want to punish my beloved son by making him go through his life with a snake-like thing, when i could have helped him change into a well crafted tool!
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by FufuKing1(m): 10:28pm On Oct 03, 2007
freelancer:

Why will i want to punish my beloved son by making him go through his life with a snake-like thing, when i could have helped him change into a well crafted tool!

You see how the circumcised men have to rationalize this in order to stroke their egos? Sad.

The p.enis, with the foreskin intact, is indeed a well-crafted tool by God. The circumcised privates on the other hand, is a mutilation of that tool.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by mimketty: 10:50pm On Oct 03, 2007
@ seun
i will advice you not to even think of it at all.while i was still in secondary school my biology teacher told us that males that are not circumcised behave like dogs. they cannot control their urge for sex,they want to have it everytime.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by FufuKing1(m): 10:54pm On Oct 03, 2007
mimketty:

@ seun
i will advice you not to even think of it at all.while i was still in secondary school my biology teacher told us that males that are not circumcised behave like dogs. they cannot control their urge for sex,they want to have it everytime.

AND YOU BELIEVED YOUR TEACHER!?

This "uncontrollable urge for sex" garbage is the exact same justification given as to why female circumcision is necessary.

It is sad that Africans actually adovocate the removal of God-given body parts to "control" sexual urges. SAD!
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by showbobo(m): 11:19pm On Oct 03, 2007
I am sure you were circumcised yourself,so why wouldnt you circumsice your baby.if you dont circumcise him when he's a baby he's going to blame you for it when he grows up cos he would feel the pain alot and his peers might even be mocking him siting his stuff different.how would you feel if your parents didnt circumcise you when u were a baby and you want to do it now
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by enolase(m): 12:03am On Oct 04, 2007
Rates of scrotal cancer and HIV infection are significantly higher in uncricumcised men. This is a known medical fact.

I have seen a case of scrotal cancer in a guy with HIV infection in 2002 (what a combo). A very grotesque sight with an "R' rating. If I paste the picture here, 90% of Nairalanders will throw up persistently for two weeks straight.

That is if some don't pass out! tongue

Seun, I am sure if you see the picture, you will even circumcise your baby boy in the womb!
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Tanna(f): 12:19am On Oct 04, 2007
Females nowadays are being taught not to "play" with uncircumcised joysticks.

A man's private looking like the tip of an elephants trunk is simply UNappealing.

Boys are barely hygienic on a good day - now give him alll that extra skin to take care of, YUCK!, just germs waiting to spread.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by DisGuy: 1:02am On Oct 04, 2007
your baby boy (if any) will either become gay or turn to you when girls start running away from him shocked
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by finemocha(f): 1:30am On Oct 04, 2007
fufu king

i left nigeria to come to the US at the age of 10 , also i have seen a patient with phimosis, needless to say the dude was in soo much pain and i have never ever heard of women having phimosis before. maybe its possible but i have never read it anywhere or heard of it. last but not least yes people do have water and soap, but yet they still dont keep their privates clean. these goes for some women as well
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by finemocha(f): 1:31am On Oct 04, 2007
uncircumcised penis are freaking hideous period. i dont care what anyone says.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 04, 2007
I feel sorry for that uncircumcised philistine grin
who wants a man with an ear in his privates
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by FufuKing1(m): 2:31am On Oct 04, 2007
enolase:

Rates of scrotal cancer and HIV infection are significantly higher in uncricumcised men. This is a known medical fact.

I have seen a case of scrotal cancer in a guy with HIV infection in 2002 (what a combo). A very grotesque sight with an "R' rating. If I paste the picture here, 90% of Nairalanders will throw up persistently for two weeks straight.

That is if some don't pass out! tongue

Seun, I am sure if you see the picture, you will even circumcise your baby boy in the womb!

You are a filthy liar.

The foreskin has nothing to do with scrotal cancer. Show me the stats.

HIV infection is not signifcantly higher in Europe and they don't circumcise the majority of their boys. So there goes that theory as well.

Why are Nigerians so ignorant on this issue?
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by FufuKing1(m): 2:35am On Oct 04, 2007
finemocha:

fufu king

i left nigeria to come to the US at the age of 10 , also i have seen a patient with phimosis, needless to say the dude was in soo much pain and i have never ever heard of women having phimosis before. maybe its possible but i have never read it anywhere or heard of it. last but not least yes people do have water and soap, but yet they still don't keep their privates clean. these goes for some women as well

Clitoral phimosis is very real. It's just that it just now being diagnosed more often.

http://forums.obgyn.net/womens-health/WHF.0102/0838.html

So I ask again, when will nairalanders start advocating the circumcision of the clitoral hood for women?

Phimosis is rare, for men and women. But that's not a reason to circumcise anybody.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by FufuKing1(m): 2:36am On Oct 04, 2007
finemocha:

uncircumcised privates are freaking hideous period. i don't care what anyone says.

Wow, that's mature.
Re: I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) by showbobo(m): 3:35am On Oct 04, 2007
@enolase please can we see the picture, we are all learning here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Your Mum Or Your Wife: Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car? / Man Shot Dead His VH1 Star Wife for cheating And Then Killed Himself / A Depressed House Wife Needs Urgent Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.