Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,552 members, 7,819,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1743) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1631779 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) (1745) (1746) ... (2215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
Roland17:

Chauncey is heading to Portland after the playoffs .

Nice Fit.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:04am On Jun 27, 2021
There is a reason I don’t trust the Clippers. They are primarily a 3 point shooting team and we know what happens when they don’t fall.

It’s only the 2nd half and they have attempted 19 threes already.. guess how many they have made? 3..

On the other end, the Clippers are using the P&R effectively. They are using a high P&R and when the Clippers sag, they drive inside or shoot the three since it is open.
Re: The NBA Begins by blacksta(m): 3:13am On Jun 27, 2021
Guys go and sleep ...it is over for the clippers ... they are basically running on fumes ...they cant find a shot ...
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:17am On Jun 27, 2021
Ah, Warren G on stage. Nostalgia on overdose.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:18am On Jun 27, 2021
Warren G on stage talmbout "they got guns to my head" grin Some gangstar sh*t right there.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:23am On Jun 27, 2021
Meanwhile, the NHL finals is here! Game one starts on Monday…

The Lightning vs Canadiens. This has the narrative of David vs Goliath with the Lightning being the obvious favorites. It feels like they have played every final over the last season and are poised to repeat.

The Lightning are stacked with experience outside of star man N. Kucherov…You have Stamkos, Hedman, Goodrow and the Goaltender Vashilevski. Man has been impossible again this season with terrific saves.

The Canadiens.. well, no one saw this coming at the start of the season but boy do they play hard.. I mean they play really hard and aggressive. If you want to watch old school puck chasing and hard skating, look no further. I love young Cole Caufield, a young kid from Wisconsin.

It would be a shocker if the Canadiens win, the Lightning have an high power offense that is predicated by speed and taking advantage of the power play.. I think they repeat!
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:05am On Jun 27, 2021
So this is the Booker Stephen A. said is the next Kobe? It's amazing how we just think scoring is the only important thing in basketball. What about mentality? What about defense? What about IQ? What about playmaking?

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:16am On Jun 27, 2021
Jae Crowder is such a terrible basketballer. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 4:59am On Jun 27, 2021
George Paul let his team down. Apart from the bad three point shooting of the Clippers. He was just missing key free throws and shooting poorly. Not good enough for a team that wants to win. Happy for Ty lue because he won't lose his job and with Kawhi they can try to run it back. As for the Suns. They are running on fumes now. They look spent. They are a good team and have shown us what they could be like from the bubble last season. They won 2 games relatively comfortably without CP3 and struggled since he came back. So we have enough data to effectively die this fake prisoner-of-the-moment CP3 narrative. At this point in time, I think Giannis will win his first ring and FMVP title.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:20am On Jun 27, 2021
Android17:
George Paul let his team down. Apart from the bad three point shooting of the Clippers. He was just missing key free throws and shooting poorly. Not good enough for a team that wants to win. Happy for Ty lue because he won't lose his job and with Kawhi they can try to run it back. As for the Suns. They are running on fumes now. They look spent. They are a good team and have shown us what they could be like from the bubble last season. They won 2 games relatively comfortably without CP3 and struggled since he came back. So we have enough data to effectively die this fake prisoner-of-the-moment CP3 narrative. At this point in time, I think Giannis will win his first ring and FMVP title.

CP3 just had Covid and sat down for 8plus days in quarantine. Barkley who should know said it would take him a game or 2 before he gets his legs back under him. So in his case i will wait till game 5 to see if he is showing his age or it is just the lag time from little or no training because of following covid protocols.
As for PG13, he and his team mates just played their 17th game in 34 days. That takes a toll on the human body and you can tell from the shooting late in game that they are all out of steam.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:44am On Jun 27, 2021
Without cp3 Clippers woulda won this game. Floor general tinz. Neither team cracked 90 pts so this was an old fashioned playoff game. If Im the clippers I would feel good because they coulda won this. But then I would also be worried because CP3 will have even less rust next game. I this going to game 6 at least
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2021
Roland17:

Based on wetin na? I would only entertain this narrative if it’s based on making adjustments..

Lol. You asked the question AND you answered it yourself.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:53pm On Jun 27, 2021
@birdman over to you. cheesy grin
Android17:

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
I actually told someone here to sit down and just watch. I have said and I am saying it again, the unpredictability of this playoffs is very obvious. PG, please do not tell me your demons are tinkering with your free throw shooting now. grin. Factory settings loading. But you never know, this might not just end up being a 7 game-series. You knew, now you don't.
@steady386, Kobe had several terrible playoff nights too, so cut Booker some slack. If he was being compared to Kobe it's definitely not with respect to his defense. cheesy. And stop behaving like a novice, we all know the American media exaggerates. They are always cooking up stories. Oh he was mentored by Kobe, so that must be the mamba mentality showing. Well they may actually be getting paid to do that.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 7:30pm On Jun 27, 2021
Khanben:

CP3 just had Covid and sat down for 8plus days in quarantine. Barkley who should know said it would take him a game or 2 before he gets his legs back under him. So in his case i will wait till game 5 to see if he is showing his age or it is just the lag time from little or no training because of following covid protocols.
As for PG13, he and his team mates just played their 17th game in 34 days. That takes a toll on the human body and you can tell from the shooting late in game that they are all out of steam.

Nah, I am not in any way saying CP3 is past it. He is not. He can still play bball and he is indeed a floor General. However, sometimes people conflate a part of something as the cause of that thing. This is essentially the reason why KD and Pippen got into a spat recently. KD was trying to show Pippen that because he was part of a successful team, does not mean he was the reason for that team. My post was to show that CP3 is a part of the Suns success and not the reason. When they blew out Denver, the narrative was that he was the reason. So God gave us a scenario to decide if it was so. He was out and the suns without him (essentially the bubble team) were up 2-0 against the Clippers. Had CP3 played those 2 games, he would have been earmarked as the reason they won the games when he was only a part of it. As for PG13 and his Clippers, you do have a point. But they did load manage most of the regular season and at this point have still played less games than the 2015/16 Warriors. If nobody gave that excuse for the Warriors, I will not tolerate it for the Clippers. What is good for the Goose, is good for Uganda grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2021
benji93:
I actually told someone here to sit down and just watch. I have said and I am saying it again, the unpredictability of this playoffs is very obvious. PG, please do not tell me your demons are tinkering with your free throw shooting now. grin. Factory settings loading. But you never know, this might not just end up being a 7 game-series. You knew, now you don't.
@steady386, Kobe had several terrible playoff nights too, so cut Booker some slack. If he was being compared to Kobe it's definitely not with respect to his defense. cheesy. And stop behaving like a novice, we all know the American media exaggerates. They are always cooking up stories. Oh he was mentored by Kobe, so that must be the mamba mentality showing. Well they may actually be getting paid to do that.

They have to give crazy takes for ratings. Max Kellerman said some dumb stuff about Trae Young the other day compared to Curry. I laughed. Trae's only better stat 3 years in is his assists and we all know it is because his usage is crazy. He is by far below Steph in everything in their first 3 years. FG% 2 PT FG%, 3 PT FG%, FT% literally, every thing else. But Curry had to pave the way. Man was getting benched by Acie Law who averaged 6 ppg for his career and nobody can tell me it is because he could not score. Nate McMillan that is being celebrated today was sacked by Indiana. Ty Lue had the worst record with Cavs without Lebron. Coaches need pieces to win and players need Coaches to believe in them to thrive. People should be slow to give crazy takes. The day is still early.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2021
Android17:

Nah, I am not in any way saying CP3 is past it. He is not. He can still play bball and he is indeed a floor General. However, sometimes people conflate a part of something as the cause of that thing. This is essentially the reason why KD and Pippen got into a spat recently. KD was trying to show Pippen that because he was part of a successful team, does not mean he was the reason for that team. My post was to show that CP3 is a part of the Suns success and not the reason. When they blew out Denver, the narrative was that he was the reason. So God gave us a scenario to decide if it was so. He was out and the suns without him (essentially the bubble team) were up 2-0 against the Clippers. Had CP3 played those 2 games, he would have been earmarked as the reason they won the games when he was only a part of it. As for PG13 and his Clippers, you do have a point. But they did load manage most of the regular season and at this point have still played less games than the 2015/16 Warriors. If nobody gave that excuse for the Warriors, I will not tolerate it for the Clippers. What is good for the Goose, is good for Uganda grin

The way the Sun's players have been hyping his mentorship and leadership points to CP3 having a catalytic effect on their growth, maturity and belief. You do not have to play to affect your team's mentality. I think this is where CP3 has shone through. Leadership.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 8:52pm On Jun 27, 2021
DeeMain:

The way the Sun's players have been hyping his mentorship and leadership points to CP3 having a catalytic effect on their growth, maturity and belief. You do not have to play to affect your team's mentality. I think this is where CP3 has shone through. Leadership.

He is a leader no doubt and his leadership is part of the team's success not the reason. That is the point I have been making.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:58pm On Jun 27, 2021
benji93:

Lol. For real man, the only thing Kobe and Book have in common is the mid-range game. Apart from that, nothing else.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:35pm On Jun 27, 2021
steady986:

Lol. For real man, the only thing Kobe and Book have in common is the mid-range game. Apart from that, nothing else.

Booker
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:41pm On Jun 27, 2021
steady986:

Booker is a very good player. Is he Kobe? NO. Their style of play is just so different. He cannot yet consistently run an offense and his defense is not at all-nba level and might never be. I will give him this though he might possible be the better shooter, at least he his statistically (it is possible this eras emphasis on 3s has made the level of shooting better overall in comparism to past years though) and since last season has been putting in the effort on D. American media is just all about narrative same way the English is all about hype.

PS: In terms of shooting Kobe's % might just have been as a result of the difficult shots he took with regularity. �

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:04am On Jun 28, 2021
E be like say na the same shoe Giannis dey wear every game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:08am On Jun 28, 2021
See correct defense by Huerter. This kid is at the cusp of becoming a star in this league.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 3:23am On Jun 28, 2021
Trae Young is a killer. The Hawks better pray he comes back in this 4th Q.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:32am On Jun 28, 2021
Android17:
Trae Young is a killer. The Hawks better pray he comes back in this 4th Q.

Nobody is talking about the officiating now oh! Nobody dey talk about the disparity in obvious calls just because it is not against the Slimreaper.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:34am On Jun 28, 2021
Okongwu is giving the Hawks valuable minutes here..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:38am On Jun 28, 2021
Middleton is feeling it!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:39am On Jun 28, 2021
Trae is definitely hurt. That ankle is not okay.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 3:49am On Jun 28, 2021
Roland17:
E be like say na the same shoe Giannis dey wear every game.
At all.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:49am On Jun 28, 2021
Sometimes coaches second guess themselves and make things more difficult than it should have been. Nate should have kept Sweet Lou and Okongwu who brought a lot of energy and momentum. He brought back a limping Trae and Collins who has struggled and the Bucks found some joy!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:49am On Jun 28, 2021
joshboo:

At all.

Haha.. u no think so?
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 3:52am On Jun 28, 2021
Roland17:

Haha.. u no think so?
grin grin at all ooo, he has a large collection of the same sneakers, Don forget the name now sef.
Omo na livescore o dey follow, I'm too tensed to watch. See bucks killing it tho with 2mins left.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) (1745) (1746) ... (2215) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.