Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,252 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1640500 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2203) (2204) (2205) (2206) (2207) (2208) (2209) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 5:27am On Apr 30
Oboy....
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:27am On Apr 30
larride:

I dont understand how they could keep starting the game the same way for 5 straight games.
The Lakers are a really good team I think a lot of us take this for granted.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 5:28am On Apr 30
A40:
If I hear you niggas compare SGA to Jamal Murray on this thread again

I was waiting for you. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:29am On Apr 30
It was a very competitive series. I can't even be mad. That game 2 was the swing moment.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 5:29am On Apr 30
A40:
The Lakers are a really good team I think a lot of us take this for granted.

Yeah they are a good team but most of those early leads were down to disgusting offensive play by the Nuggets.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:31am On Apr 30
Lol. SGA is better than Murray. Don't you watch basketball? That a player is more clutch doesn't mean he's better.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 5:33am On Apr 30
Lol. If Nuggets didn't eliminate the Lakers, them for enter that Final walai....
All around, it was a good series.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 5:34am On Apr 30
Just like I predicted. The best way to beat the Nuggets is to blow them out. They are very clutch and they'd win a close game more often than not...
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 5:37am On Apr 30
Skrrrrrrr:
Just like I predicted. The best way to beat the Nuggets is to blow them out. They are very clutch and they'd win a close game more often than not...

Correct.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 5:43am On Apr 30
Do I think any Team has the mental energy to compete with these Nuggets. I think not.
Their toughest opponents would be the Timberwolves. Outside of that, every other team is Toast.
The Celtics would have to blow them out, they have the firepower to do so. Otherwise they lose to forced errors.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:51am On Apr 30
steady986:
It was a very competitive series. I can't even be mad. That game 2 was the swing moment.

There was an edge that just wasnt there. I cant fully tell what it was, but I think Lebron's nice guy, players best friend attitude kept this team complacent. I think its too late for him to change it though, and that is such a shame. The coaching wasnt that great, but honestly I think the team's attitude, including Lebron and AD was a bigger problem.

But I know even you, you would prefer to see Ant man vs Jamaal. This lakers team needs to be blown up and real dogs brought in. If Lebron doesnt want to do the nasty job of calling out folks, get someone else who will. In my mind I keep dreaming coach gets replaced and you guys get Mark Jackson shocked

Come an join us in cancuuuuuun grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:52am On Apr 30
larride:

I was waiting for you. grin
I don't know what they're smoking especially that akpuruka analyst comparing a free throw merchant like SGA to Jamal Murray that actually works for his buckets

The man scored 32pts. Just 1 free throw. Let that sink in.

I dey pray one playoff series let the refs swallow their whistle let me see how SGA wan score. He's a poverty James Harden without the 3pt spamming I keep telling these uncultured folks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:54am On Apr 30
Skrrrrrrr:
Lol. If Nuggets didn't eliminate the Lakers, them for enter that Final walai....
All around, it was a good series.
This is the part that would unfortunately be lost in the debate.

The Lakers are a phenomenal team. Mental edge already put them down 2 games. I guarantee you nobody left in the playoffs beats these Lakers in 5. Nobody

They would have no answer for Davies and inside their starting 5 everyone can get themselves a bucket in halfcourt without any hassles maybe besides Hachimura
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:59am On Apr 30
Skrrrrrrr:
Do I think any Team has the mental energy to compete with these Nuggets. I think not.
Their toughest opponents would be the Timberwolves. Outside of that, every other team is Toast.
The Celtics would have to blow them out, they have the firepower to do so. Otherwise they lose to forced errors.
Tingus Pingus is hurt though.

Timberwolves would be tough as well especially defensively however offensively I don't think they have the shot makers that can go band for band with the Nuggets. KAT will not enter the paint and make Jokic work like AD did. And in the clutch I don't trust KAT to show up
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:00am On Apr 30
birdman:

There was an edge that just wasnt there. I cant fully tell what it was, but I think Lebron's nice guy, players best friend attitude kept this team complacent. I think its too late for him to change it though, and that is such a shame. The coaching wasnt that great, but honestly I think the team's attitude, including Lebron and AD was a bigger problem.

But I know even you, you would prefer to see Ant man vs Jamaal. This lakers team needs to be blown up and real dogs brought in. If Lebron doesnt want to do the nasty job of calling out folks, get someone else who will. In my mind I keep dreaming coach gets replaced and you guys get Mark Jackson shocked

Lol. The coach has to go sha. I don't get the idea of always giving LeBron average or rookie coaches. It's been that way throughout his career. LeBron has never had a coach who had won a championship without him. LeBron literally gave all his coaches their first championship.

I don't even know what to expect from LeBron as he literally turns 40 next season. I'd be lying if I said we could win a championship with him as a key player. I expect the Lakers to go all out for that 3rd star. Or alternatively we can just be mediocre until LeBron finally leaves
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 6:03am On Apr 30
A40:
Tingus Pingus is hurt though.

Timberwolves would be tough as well especially defensively however offensively I don't think they have the shot makers that can go band for band with the Nuggets. KAT will not enter the paint and make Jokic work like AD did. And in the clutch I don't trust KAT to show up

Nuggets play Wolves next right?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:04am On Apr 30
larride:

Nuggets play Wolves next right?
Yes
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:10am On Apr 30
birdman:

You're overreacting bigly. You led the defending Champions for 76% of a playoff series. Honestly if the Nuggets don't have Jamal Murray you're either tied or 3-1 up.

Maybe you get a big wing but that means Reaves has to come off the bench. I would say trade Russell but who will you trade him for? Trae Young? Lmaoo I'd be here for the lols next season when he goes 2/13 in an elimination game.

Hachimura was a bit disappointing. He should have been the counter to MPJ on both ends
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:39am On Apr 30
A40:
You're overreacting bigly. You led the defending Champions for 76% of a playoff series. Honestly if the Nuggets don't have Jamal Murray you're either tied or 3-1 up.

Maybe you get a big wing but that means Reaves has to come off the bench. I would say trade Russell but who will you trade him for? Trae Young? Lmaoo I'd be here for the lols next season when he goes 2/13 in an elimination game.

I tell you. People watch Trae highlights and get impressed. Bro has no business chucking 3s. Then again, if he didnt chuck 3s Im not sure how elite he would be in this league. But he is the kind of guy GMs salivate over, and then get themselves in trouble

Hachimura was a bit disappointing. He should have been the counter to MPJ on both ends

I had some hope here, and maybe I just didnt pay enough attention to Lakers this year, but I cant tell if its the player or its the coaching staff to blame. Dinwiddie, Gabe, those are above decent players imo and they had little impact
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 7:55am On Apr 30
All this talk about Jamal Murrays clutchiness while Denvers second best player in the series is Michael Porter Jr.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 7:59am On Apr 30
Bloodbath loading, Denver vs Twolves. I think the Celtics wins the title this season. Whosoever wins in games 7 between Denver & T.wolves faces another game 6 or 7 vs OKC. Too many game 7s against a potentially fresh Celtics who is expected to dispose all opponents in 6 games or less each series won't win you the trophy. Celtics in 22 bear witness.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 8:23am On Apr 30
greypencils:
Bloodbath loading, Denver vs Twolves. I think the Celtics wins the title this season. Whosoever wins in games 7 between Denver & T.wolves faces another game 6 or 7 vs OKC. Too many game 7s against a potentially fresh Celtics who is expected to dispose all opponents in 6 games or less each series won't win you the trophy. Celtics in 22 bear witness.

I doubt that. Whoever beats Denver has to be able to hold it down in high pressure moments. I don't trust Tatum and Brown to do so.
Unless they blow out the Nuggets every game, they'd lose...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 12:54pm On Apr 30
Skrrrrrrr:

I doubt that. Whoever beats Denver has to be able to hold it down in high pressure moments. I don't trust Tatum and Brown to do so.
Unless they blow out the Nuggets every game, they'd lose...
Odds are Murray is going to get injured before the finals. Going up against Ant, Shai or Doncic in 12 or more games is going to have a toll on his body.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:59pm On Apr 30
birdman:

I tell you. People watch Trae highlights and get impressed. Bro has no business chucking 3s. Then again, if he didnt chuck 3s Im not sure how elite he would be in this league. But he is the kind of guy GMs salivate over, and then get themselves in trouble
Being moved by Trae Young in 2024 is nasty business. He's much smaller than Russell, needs the ball and an even worse defender. I hope the Lakers get him so their window is permanently shut grin

birdman:

I had some hope here, and maybe I just didnt pay enough attention to Lakers this year, but I cant tell if its the player or its the coaching staff to blame. Dinwiddie, Gabe, those are above decent players imo and they had little impact
Vincent was injured all year, Dinwiddie a late season addition. No real time to blend.

Lakers players routinely got gassed in the 4th. That altitude is no joke, Ham made some errors too. He's a bit like Phil Jackson in that he let's teams play through bad stretches but I don't know if that is always the right move.

He will get more blame than he deserves but remember the Lakers led for 78% of the series. They lost to a championship caliber team. They probably overreact like in 2021 and fall further behind
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:59pm On Apr 30
greypencils:
Odds are Murray is going to get injured before the finals. Going up against Ant, Shai or Doncic in 12 or more games is going to have a toll on his body.
Why you putting bad vibes in the air like that undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 1:01pm On Apr 30
A40:
Why you putting bad vibes in the air like that undecided
Sorry. But I don't see him staying healthy for 18 games or more.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:10pm On Apr 30
greypencils:
Sorry. But I don't see him staying healthy for 18 games or more.
He will stay healthy whether you see it or not
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 1:42pm On Apr 30
A40:
Let's hope so
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 2:35pm On Apr 30
A40:

😂😂😂😂😂
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 2:36pm On Apr 30
MPJ has been immense this post season though. Seems that family issues just gave him some extra needed motivations. Those timely 3s saved Nuggets alot.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:19pm On Apr 30
Embiid. 1 point in the last 2 4th quarters

2 rebounds in the 4th quarter of the full series

I really am getting to the point I don't even rate regular season achievements anymore cos this drop off is insane.

Ohh and Ingram. Who can remember the KD comps? Dort had him in the penitentiary

But Ingram is another one of those guys who's game and production never really matched their hype

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:40pm On Apr 30
A40:
Embiid. 1 point in the last 2 4th quarters

2 rebounds in the 4th quarter of the full series

I really am getting to the point I don't even rate regular season achievements anymore cos this drop off is insane.

Ohh and Ingram. Who can remember the KD comps? Dort had him in the penitentiary

But Ingram is another one of those guys who's game and production never really matched their hype

Even the much maligned McCollum did put in more efforts that Ingram.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2203) (2204) (2205) (2206) (2207) (2208) (2209) ... (2229) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: chic2pimp(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.