Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,011 members, 7,859,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:36 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1659001 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2230) (2231) (2232) (2233) (2234) (2235) (2236) ... (2256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:29pm On May 20
Khanben:

So the 80s was not Magic vs Bird or it was not .MJ and the Bulls. It was not can Kobe win without Shaq? You have a funny way of rehashing history, you want people to believe that it was up until Lebron that people started saying it was about Lebron and others.
As for Kyrie, the dude got a pass for half a decade just because of that performance in the 2016 playoffs series.
Nobody said Magic and Bird were dragging or carrying teams. It was called the Showtime Lakers remember?? It was not Showtime Magic

With MJ and the Bulls it was same thing. Pippen got credit maybe even too much credit.

You keep conflating issues. Star player is different from flat out saying someone carried a team like other players on the team were just bums

Again Bronsexuals are largely responsible for pushing that narrative of carrying. They do it with the NBA Finals streak, they did it with the narrative that KD joined the Warriors just to stop Lebron as if another player on the Cavs didn't outscore the Warriors best player in that series

Kyrie getting a pass is a myth. Don't use this isolated season to push that false narrative cos Kyrie has been persona non grata since Boston. You're the one rehashing history here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 9:55pm On May 20
greypencils:
All Rookie teams in. The First team, Wemby, Holmgren, Miller, Jaquez & Podz. Second team, Lively, Amen Thompson, Keyonte George. The other two are faces I don't know. I can't remember watching any of their games. I was expecting Scoot Henderson & Ausar Thompson to be on the team.

Keyonte George ball for Jazz. Very good shooter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:04am On May 21
Khanben:

In the Lakers series MPJ showed up big, this allowed denver to stay within reach before Jokic and Murray two man game closed things out.
This is why role players stepping up matters.

Did he really show up better in playoffs than the regular season, or did the charmin soft lakers "defense" make MPJ look like 6th man of the year?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:58am On May 21
birdman:

Did he really show up better in playoffs than the regular season, or did the charmin soft lakers "defense" make MPJ look like 6th man of the year?

Yes the Lakers perimeter defense is worse than that of the wolves, but for someone whose main contribution is floor spacing sometimes shots don't just fall
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:12am On May 21
A40:
Nobody said Magic and Bird were dragging or carrying teams. It was called the Showtime Lakers remember?? It was not Showtime Magic

With MJ and the Bulls it was same thing. Pippen got credit maybe even too much credit.

You keep conflating issues. Star player is different from flat out saying someone carried a team like other players on the team were just bums

Again Bronsexuals are largely responsible for pushing that narrative of carrying. They do it with the NBA Finals streak, they did it with the narrative that KD joined the Warriors just to stop Lebron as if another player on the Cavs didn't outscore the Warriors best player in that series

Kyrie getting a pass is a myth. Don't use this isolated season to push that false narrative cos Kyrie has been persona non grata since Boston. You're the one rehashing history here

Kyrie has been dragged about things outside the court. As for me that is none of my business and I don't care.
As far as basketball is concerned, In the last 6 seasons, he got injured before the playoffs in his first season with the Celtics and that team made it to the conference finals. The next season he was the top dog and that same team got swept in the first round. 3 seasons with the Nets where he did nothing in the postseason one season he played 9 games and in the next he got swept in the 1st round and only played well in one game.
Let's not talk about how underwhelming he was in the OKC series.
So yes, he has been getting a pass on his underperformance for more than half a decade.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:28am On May 21
Khanben:

Kyrie has been dragged about things outside the court. As for me that is none of my business and I don't care.
As far as basketball is concerned, In the last 6 seasons, he got injured before the playoffs in his first season with the Celtics and that team made it to the conference finals. The next season he was the top dog and that same team got swept in the first round. 3 seasons with the Nets where he did nothing in the postseason one season he played 9 games and in the next he got swept in the 1st round and only played well in one game.
Let's not talk about how underwhelming he was in the OKC series.
So yes, he has been getting a pass on his underperformance for more than half a decade.
There you go capping again.

Kyrie was dragged and tagged as a locker room cancer that failed to lead the Celtics team. I remember very vividly and you have also admitted that they went further without him than they did with him.

Who do you think was getting all the blame for that gentleman sweep to the Bucks? It certainly wasn't Tatum or Brown

Literally the only year he got any type of pass was the year they lost to the Bucks in 7 back in 2021

Kyrie literally gets shitted on for his lack of success without Bron. Don't rewrite facts about Kyrie's dragging solely being over his off court stuff

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:58pm On May 21
Just saw the all nba defense team. I think I like this no position format, because the list of 10 IMHO are arguably the best 10 defenders in the nba give or take 2 other names
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:22am On May 22
I could t have asked for a better start to the game. Excellent job on the boards on both ends.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 2:14am On May 22
Roland17:
I could t have asked for a better start to the game. Excellent job on the boards on both ends.

Pacers are making this a very interesting match up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:18am On May 22
Our defense was horrible in that 1st half, especially during transitions. We need to get them to play half court.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:46am On May 22
Excellent job JT for not settling and pushing his drive into the paint.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:21am On May 22
Pacers landing Siakam has been such a gamechanger.

Seems he's living up to the agenda I was pushing that year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:21am On May 22
This is going to be a very tight series for Celtics.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:24am On May 22
Nesmith is out for blood. Pacers are winning this game with just 3 free throws. Crazy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:24am On May 22
Nesmith this series, Toppin last series

That's two guys with agenda against their former teams

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:26am On May 22
Roland bosita e bota grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:28am On May 22
A40:
Roland bosita e bota grin

E no waste time. Thug life grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:29am On May 22
birdman:

E no waste time. Thug life grin
A lot of home cooking in this game too
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:32am On May 22
Pacers playing CTE ball rn
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:34am On May 22
Wtf are Pacers doing man??
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:36am On May 22
Jaylen Brown. Wowzerz
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:36am On May 22
A40:
Pacers landing Siakam has been such a gamechanger.

Seems he's living up to the agenda I was pushing that year

He has been immense for them.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:37am On May 22
I can never understand why you guys continue to underrate the Pacers.

Bang! Bang!! JB ties it..
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:37am On May 22
Stupid play from Pacers and now the game is tied.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:38am On May 22
A40:
Wtf are Pacers doing man??

Nonsense play
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:38am On May 22
Tatum has still not sorted this is decision making issues.
That is where Luka, SGA are just way better than him
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:38am On May 22
This Pacers are a dumbass team man.

Look at Haliburton ran from free space to the corner

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:39am On May 22
Why is the coach not calling for the foul in that situation?
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:40am On May 22
Pacers undone all their work in the last 10 seconds of the game.

They should've gone for the foul immediately. Inexperience
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:41am On May 22
Khanben:
Why is the coach not calling for the foul in that situation?

Coach is high in dung weed.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 3:41am On May 22
Any serious team will sweep this Pacers but Celtics sef no serious.
If LeBron still dy East, E go still dy enter NBA final steady.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:42am On May 22
etidy:
Any serious team will sweep this Pacers but Celtics sef no serious.
If LeBron still dy East, E go still dy enter NBA final steady.
Na so LeNomad for dey spam Finals dey go grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2230) (2231) (2232) (2233) (2234) (2235) (2236) ... (2256) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.