Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,168 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1628887 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2013
Congrats to the Heat for taking care of business at home. Indy has a bright future...if they can add one or two more pieces they can go all the way. I'm a bit suspect of Frank Vogel tho...some of his decisions were sketchy, but he did get them this far so credit to him.

birdman:
There have been grumblings over the seasons that the league being majority black makes Stern believe he can humiliate players. NFL is more balanced. Its one of the reasons I like Dwade - he almost whooped Stern's @ss in one meeting when Stern was talking down to players
You know I think this is a fantastic point. I wouldn't be surprised, and as usual, we bend over and take it sad No other major league sport operates as shadowly as the NBA.

Speaking of the Celtics, they do have one more run in them if Rondo comes back healthy - but it will be futile. I forsee a Garnett injury should he try to log significant minutes next season. And I know Melo will be waiting again
KG will be back I hope and I think if Doc can keep his minutes about the same or just a bit less than this year, he can last the whole season and be productive.
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 3:13pm On Jun 04, 2013
A-40:

It is but what can one do? Its the world we live in these days! We have an openly g@y ninja in the league and they expect us all to pat em on the back! Chris Broussard talked about disagreeing with the g@y baller's lifestyle and he damn near got slaughtered! I respect ESPN for not firing him some news corporations would have
My brother na so we see am oh! they won't fine you if you say what they want to hear, but the minute you voice some opposition the gag gets put on. Nonsense. Broussard earned like a truck-load of respect from me for being the only one with enough stones to stand up and speak his convictions and damn the consequences (and if he worked for the nba he woulda probably gotten fined). The rest of them just sold-out or too scared to voice their opinions cos of Stern and his minions. Useless nonsense.

Lol I play basketball small and I know how tired I get after each game I played twice a week or less sef now imagine these guys what they deal with! My suggestion is cut the games and reduce the money! These teams still wind up the biggest losers losing money and all
lol, well if that will also reduce ticket prices so that the average joe can attend games without selling an arm...that would be good smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 3:15pm On Jun 04, 2013
And oh...happy fishing to Jason Kidd smiley

I remember his New Jersey days (with Kenyon martin & co), he was a triple double machine terrorising my Celtics playoffs after playoffs. He has had a fantastic career and I wish him well beyond. He seems like perfect coaching material, should be on someone's bench soon.
Re: The NBA Begins by AlyricistLaura: 3:26pm On Jun 04, 2013
JeSoul: My brother na so we see am oh! they won't fine you if you say what they want to hear, but the minute you voice some opposition the gag gets put on. Nonsense. Broussard earned like a truck-load of respect from me for being the only one with enough stones to stand up and speak his convictions and damn the consequences (and if he worked for the nba he woulda probably gotten fined). The rest of them just sold-out or too scared to voice their opinions cos of Stern and his minions. Useless nonsense.

Voicing Intolerance against a Minority for his or her lifestyle/religion/race/gender...is not productive for society.

Had a white reporter voiced his displeasure for a Black Athlete, the same hypocritical negros supporting chris would have whined, & screamed.

You can disagree with someone's lifestyle and still not single them out and speak against them when it comes to employment opportunities.

I don't Believe in nor agree with Christianity and Islam, However if i was a sports reporter speaking out against the outlandish coooning of black negros who subscribe to foreign religions that condemn them As Black Africans.....I would be fired.

Yet...

Those same religious cooons, can play "god" and express a condemning opinion of a player whose lifestyle does not suit his fictional book that has been programmed and implanted into his or her small brain by his or her slave master/colonizer.

There is a Reason why the Entire World Can't take Blacks Seriously

Hypocrisy, is just one of the Many, and i do mean Many, Traits of Disgust.

While we call out the "Gays".....Can i stand up on Tv and speak of the foolish & ignorant Negros who subscribe to fantasy laced stories of Biblical And Sand Desert Fiction?...

May i also stand up and speak of my God Like Disapproval of Arab,Crackers,Nigggers,Spics,Gooks, and Everyone else who i have a problem with?

Oh, and i also don't like The Tattooed Lesbians running a Muck in the Wnba, polluting my television screen

Can i also do that as Well?

Oh of course not right? because we can't dare state disapproval to those groups. Only Homosexxxuals grin

The Negro Brain has a Longggggg Way to Go, Until it Catches up to the Modern World. A Very Long Way to Go.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2013
JeSoul: My brother na so we see am oh! they won't fine you if you say what they want to hear, but the minute you voice some opposition the gag gets put on. Nonsense. Broussard earned like a truck-load of respect from me for being the only one with enough stones to stand up and speak his convictions and damn the consequences (and if he worked for the nba he woulda probably gotten fined). The rest of them just sold-out or too scared to voice their opinions cos of Stern and his minions. Useless nonsense.
They need to appeal to the g@y crowd I guess! And these guys are everywhere (I think the Warriors have a g@y exec) No one is saying they don't have the right to be g@y just stop throwing it in our faces cos that's really what that Jason Collins ninja did IMO!

JeSoul:
lol, well if that will also reduce ticket prices so that the average joe can attend games without selling an arm...that would be good smiley
Exactly! How would an average joe feel knowing they paid a sizeable chunk of their earnings to see Andrew Bynum and Derrick Rose sit on their bums all year

JeSoul:
You know I think this is a fantastic point. I wouldn't be surprised, and as usual, we bend over and take it sad No other major league sport operates as shadowly as the NBA.
Lool Goodell has his moments but its usually for concrete reasons not for the frivolity Stern presides over

JeSoul:
KG will be back I hope and I think if Doc can keep his minutes about the same or just a bit less than this year, he can last the whole season and be productive.
You guys should deal KG! Even Pierce still has more to offer but it seems yall are not ready to keep him Give KG to the Clips let them give you Griffin lool (dunno if they would but they seem desperate for instant success) you guys need some younger bigs that can start producing instantly!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:34am On Jun 05, 2013

Broussard in in trouble. The unspoken rule of corporate media is, if you are black, dont let me catch you thinking for yourself. I know Barkely and Shaq are very anti-gay, but they had to murmur along and agree when the topic was brought up on TNT. If I were Broussard, I'd be dusting my resume for the next job. One tiny mistake, and ESPN will have an excuse to fire him and no corporate owned media (>90% of all media) will ever hire him again. Thats one brave brother tho sad
Re: The NBA Begins by Eri8: 1:11am On Jun 05, 2013
As a Celtic fan it hurts to admit but pierce is done in Boston. Deal him and kg this offseason. Sign josh smith as a free agent. Then you have rondo Bradley green and smith.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:23pm On Jun 05, 2013
If Tim Duncan wins his 5th ring can we legitimately crown him as the greatest PF or big man of all time? Comments please
Re: The NBA Begins by Horus(m): 9:43am On Jun 06, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YVzTkBCfsY

Top 5 Plays of the Night: June 1st
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 6:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
A-40:
If Tim Duncan wins his 5th ring can we legitimately crown him as the greatest PF or big man of all time? Comments please
I think you can certainly make the argument for PF. The guy has been consistent over a very long career and has the rings to prove it.

Eri8: As a Celtic fan it hurts to admit but pierce is done in Boston. Deal him and kg this offseason. Sign josh smith as a free agent. Then you have rondo Bradley green and smith.
For Josh Smith? Josh Smith that has never shown up when it matters? Josh Smith that refuses to grow up? that will be a downgrade. There is not much the Celtics can get back for Pierce such that it makes more sense to keep him. A players value to the team sometimes is more than stats...plus what would it hurt to let the guy finish his career on the only team he's played for? one more year to close out his contract is not going to tip the scales in any way. Lets afford him some respect now sad he has earned it over a great career...
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 8:33pm On Jun 06, 2013
George Karl out as Nuggets coach.

The 62-year-old Karl, who is in the final year of his contract, wanted to extend his deal but the Nuggets balked at the request, Yahoo! Sports reported, citing a league source.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9348513/denver-nuggets-part-ways-coach-george-karl

Are you kidding me Denver? with the amazing job Karl has done over the years? wow! how cheap are you guys and who out there on the street is better than Karl right now? damn. A big loss for Denver and a great future acquisition for _____ whoever is swift enough to sign him, probably the Clippers (or the Grizz if they also foolishly let Hollins go).
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:01pm On Jun 06, 2013
Eri8: As a Celtic fan it hurts to admit but pierce is done in Boston. Deal him and kg this offseason. Sign josh smith as a free agent. Then you have rondo Bradley green and smith.

Please tell you are just joking abeg!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 3:21am On Jun 07, 2013
Half time
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:19am On Jun 07, 2013
LEGO San Antonio
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:20am On Jun 07, 2013
Miami would sleep having nightmares about only one player and your guess is as good as mine if u understand the intricacies
"TONY PARKER"
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:24am On Jun 07, 2013
Spurs would be KILLING the heat if they could make some of those three pointers!!

Spurs on
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:25am On Jun 07, 2013
San Antone don't play that shyte! Killing your dreams since 1999! Props to Kawhi Leonard he's been on Lebron's a$$ all night long! Dumb foul by Green! Who fouls Ray Allen on a 3pt attempt
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:27am On Jun 07, 2013
Stfu Lebron you fouled em
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:29am On Jun 07, 2013
Lmao! Miler is cray
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:30am On Jun 07, 2013
A-40:
You got me in a very tight spot here, especially with Garnett and Karl Malone in the argument, but the latter's inability to pick up one ring compared to Timmy and don't forget he also had the king of assists as PG.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:32am On Jun 07, 2013
Parkerrrr
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:33am On Jun 07, 2013
That looks off his finger tips, u have to count that basket ref
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:35am On Jun 07, 2013
One down
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 4:35am On Jun 07, 2013
Roland17: That looks off his finger tips, u have to count that basket ref
It counts oooo
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 4:36am On Jun 07, 2013
we win!!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:36am On Jun 07, 2013
Roland17: That looks off his finger tips, u have to count that basket ref

Counted but I don't think it was though
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:36am On Jun 07, 2013
Let the Nightmares begin ...TONY PARKER
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 4:36am On Jun 07, 2013
Tony Parker Killed em
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 4:37am On Jun 07, 2013
REALITY101:

Counted but I don't think it was though
It was off his tips
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:39am On Jun 07, 2013
Roland17: Let the Nightmares begin ...TONY PARKER

That trophy gotta come to West
Re: The NBA Begins by rocka: 4:40am On Jun 07, 2013
Woohoo!!!! SPURS!!!!!!!

3 more games and it's a sweep cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:40am On Jun 07, 2013
Mynd_44:
It was off his tips

Seriously I tried figuring it out but I couldn't.. Don't matter anymore lol..

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.