Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,658 members, 7,955,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:02 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1720987 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 1:43am On Oct 22, 2017
Seems like these teams really mean the warriors this season. Playing their best against them. Spurs might end up the winner of all this at the end of d day. Still rooting for Spurs to win the west.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:52am On Oct 22, 2017
Manutd19:
Seems like these teams really mean the warriors this season. Playing their best against them. Spurs might end up the winner of all this at the end of d day. Still rooting for Spurs to win the west.

Every team is trying to prove that they can beat the warriors, not just for the morale but for the pride.

In the end it won't matter though, come playoffs the warriors will do what the warriors do. What's happening now won't affect them. What will really matter is if any of the other teams have improved/learned enough to match or surpass them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 2:14am On Oct 22, 2017
WeissBarlow:

Every team is trying to prove that they can beat the warriors, not just for the morale but for the pride.

In the end it won't matter though, come playoffs the warriors will do what the warriors do. What's happening now won't affect them. What will really matter is if any of the other teams have improved/learned enough to match or surpass them.

Well you have a point there. I still think they have a problem with OKC and Houston in a series

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:57am On Oct 22, 2017
mehn...teams are not smiling this season or is it initial gra gra? wink
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 22, 2017
Curry is surely going to get suspended.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:31am On Oct 22, 2017
WeissBarlow:
Curry is surely going to get suspended.
For tossing a mouth guard. Lol I'm sick of this league!!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:33am On Oct 22, 2017
Every team just looks jumbled and deeply flawed so far well except the Mavs who are just plain hopeless. I cringe each time I see Dirk wasting his final years he could have used to chase a bonus ring
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 22, 2017
A40:
Every team just looks jumbled and deeply flawed so far well except the Mavs who are just plain hopeless. I cringe each time I see Dirk wasting his final years he could have used to chase a bonus ring

And the Suns?
Re: The NBA Begins by funlord(m): 7:49am On Oct 22, 2017
A40:

Otunba kindly send me a message on what's app or a mail address I can reach you on! I'm in need of some U.S security info! Cheers
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 22, 2017
A40:
For tossing a mouth guard. Lol I'm sick of this league!!

At the direction of a referee. Whether he meant to throw it at him or not, he threw it at his direction. I'm sure it won't be too harsh though, they wouldn't want to keep their "golden goose" on the sideline too long.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:50am On Oct 22, 2017
WeissBarlow:

And the Suns?
Lool they are essentially a G-League team
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:52am On Oct 22, 2017
funlord:

Otunba kindly send me a message on what's app or a mail address I can reach you on! I'm in need of some U.S security info! Cheers
I no dey Yankee oh my gee na Far East we dey atm. Hit up Dayo. I fit consult my cousins though. Wetin be your email?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:54am On Oct 22, 2017
WeissBarlow:

At the direction of a referee. Whether he meant to throw it at him or not, he threw it at his direction. I'm sure it won't be too harsh though, they wouldn't want to keep their "golden goose" on the sideline too long.
I think the max he should get is a fine. He was ejected so what else do they want. It's pretty clear he didn't throw at anyone in particular
Re: The NBA Begins by funlord(m): 7:55am On Oct 22, 2017
A40:
I no dey Yankee oh my gee na Far East we dey atm. Hit up Dayo.

Ok! Dayo na new Yankee person! This one go fit pass him pay grade! Make I track hazard son!
Re: The NBA Begins by abbeyfx2(m): 7:59am On Oct 22, 2017
Roland17:

I am sorry I am not on Whatsapp, more importantly, I am clueless about your request. Send me an email if possible.

Hi Roland, thanks for the feedback on the thread I shared earlier this month. https://www.nairaland.com/4097470/f1-student-visa-denial please I have 2 concerns I think you can be of help.
1. When is it appropriate to reapply and school resumes mid January.
2. There is this question of ':what has changed on your form between then and now? How do I go about this? Are there things I need to adjust on my form? Please help.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 22, 2017
Giannis might get MVP this year with all these clutch shot,blocks and steals.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 22, 2017
Manutd19:

Well you have a point there. I still think they have a problem with OKC and Houston in a series

I'm not too sold on okc yet but the rockets are looking good.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:47am On Oct 22, 2017
Ridiculous officiating. And the unanimous MVP never getting calls. The refs gotta keep their hate in check.

TAKE THAT FOR DATA. grin cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:49am On Oct 22, 2017
A40:
I think the max he should get is a fine. He was ejected so what else do they want. It's pretty clear he didn't throw at anyone in particular

Even though I think a fine is enough, I won't be surprised if the league suspends him for one game. Remember he did the same thing (tossing his mouth guard) last season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Ridiculous officiating. And the unanimous MVP never getting calls. The refs gotta keep their hate in check.

Shot 13 FTs though.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 12:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
WeissBarlow:

Shot 13 FTs though.
Should have gotten the last one that caused the mouth guard tossing too. A foul is a foul and should still be giving even after a million FTS
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
Hardetayour:
Should have gotten the last one that caused the mouth guard tossing too. A foul is a foul and should still be giving even after a million FTS

Point is he has no reason to moan about the officials, not in that manner. Especially since he's gotten 13 from them already. He apologised on Twitter and the fact that he's showing remorse means there's hope they might take pity on him and hand out a lighter punishment.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
SmooshCHN:

Guy, forget unanimous MVP. The league want to forcefully create this parity they are pretending GSW usurped. A physical team like Memphis getting 10 more FTs than GSW FFS. After a while, when ratings drop they will have to go back to regular officiating.

Everyone knows that putting Curry in foul trouble is one sure way to get that L on GSW. Ticky tacky fouls against Cavs game 6 paved the way. Ticky tacky fouls against Houston in game 1 this season. Same against the Pels but they did not envisage Klay's game. I watched yesterday's game and went to bed at half time knowing Memphis would win despite being only 5 points ahead. Why? Because Conley could play D on him yet Curry had 4 fouls by half time. Half time FFS!

Anyways, e go soon tire NBA. This is their way of making GSW start with five Ls ahead of the lot to spice up the league. Like Kerr said, they should suspend Curry for 13 games for tossing away his mouth guard. It is the worst crime in the world apart from being a risk to people's lives and property.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
Eruditor:

Guy, forget unanimous MVP. The league want to forcefully create this parity they are pretending GSW usurped. A physical team like Memphis getting 10 more FTs than GSW FFS. After a while, when ratings drop they will have to go back to regular officiating.

Everyone knows that putting Curry in foul trouble is one sure way to get that L on GSW. Ticky tacky fouls against Cavs game 6 paved the way. Ticky tacky fouls against Houston in game 1 this season. Same against the Pels but they did not envisage Klay's game. I watched yesterday's game and went to bed at half time knowing Memphis would win despite being only 5 points ahead. Why? Because Conley could play D on him yet Curry had 4 fouls by half time. Half time FFS!

Anyways, e go soon tire NBA. This is their way of making GSW start with five Ls ahead of the lot to spice up the league. Like Kerr said, they should suspend Curry for 13 games for tossing away his mouth guard. It is the worst crime in the world apart from being a risk to people's lives and property.

When warriors win it's always cause they're better. When they lose there's always a conspiracy. Good to know.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
WeissBarlow:

Shot 13 FTs though.
I don't believe it's any conspiracy and it's even way to early into the season for it but just like yesterday's game, the refs calls were outrageous, if you're going to do that all night at least make the call on the opponents too. Calling every flop a foul.

Curry's reaction was a build up of ththe previous game and also the first 3Quarters. If I'm fouled 1million times, the rule says the refs must call it. I'm sure you didnt watch the game hence, you're asking him not to moan.

LeBron and Curry would average 37 every night if they get the calls Harden gets.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
WeissBarlow:

When warriors win it's always cause they're better. When they lose there's always a conspiracy. Good to know.

I am sorry I complained when Memphis beat GSW twice last season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I don't believe it's any conspiracy and it's even way to early into the season for it but just like yesterday's game, the refs calls were outrageous, if you're going to do that all night at least make the call on the opponents too. Calling every flop a foul.

Curry's reaction was a build up of ththe previous game and also the first 3Quarters. If I'm fouled 1million times, the rule says the refs must call it. I'm sure you didnt watch the game hence, you're asking him not to moan.

LeBron and Curry would average 37 every night if they get the calls Harden gets.

Say no more after the highlighted.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
SmooshCHN:

LeBron and Curry would average 37 every night if they get the calls Harden tongue gets.

Theres no point trying to justify that.

There's never an excuse to throw your mouth guard let alone in the direction of a referee, period.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2017
Eruditor:

Say no more after the highlighted.

Even when a player admits wrong doing a stan will always defend him. Atta boy!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
WeissBarlow:

Even when a player admits wrong doing a stan will always defend him. Atta boy!

Who does Curry play for? Let me put that much touted high - IQ to the test.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:50pm On Oct 22, 2017
No one's defending his action Bruh!! We're saying the refs can do a better job..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
SmooshCHN:
No one's defending his action Bruh!! We're saying the refs can do a better job..

Granted, and i'm saying he can do a better job of handling his emotions because nothing warrants his actions. Which he also agreed to BTW.

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.