Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1632914 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (2216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 24, 2017
OMGGGGGG LET'S GEEETTT ITTT ZOOOOO. cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 24, 2017
Eruditor:

I endorse this message apart from the KD part cheesy
Yo bro,why is everybody angry at Jordan Bell for that dunk he did?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:48pm On Oct 24, 2017
VivaLaByke:

Yo bro,why is everybody angry at Jordan Bell for that dunk he did?

The type of showboating Neymar does (did) when we are (were) thrashing small teams. That is how the NBA views such things.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 24, 2017
Eruditor:

The type of showboating Neymar does (did) when we are (were) thrashing small teams. That is how the NBA views such things.
LOOOOLLL. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:01am On Oct 25, 2017
Every team turning into the warriors when playing against the Cavs. Markkanen looking like the next Dirk.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:18am On Oct 25, 2017
Just viewed some John Wall comps on YouTube.

Man is bare shït...Lmao. grin

Lonzo is having a field day tomorrow. cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:31am On Oct 25, 2017
VivaLaByke:

bruh you are actually disgracing yourself, are you normal?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:39am On Oct 25, 2017
I just read the news about M. Fultz getting his knees drained and I can't but feel sad for the kid. The NBA is all about scouting and that is why D. Ainge is much respected in the GM circle. Trading the overall number one and dropping down to pick Tatum who has been magnificent thus far was rewarding for us. Kyrie still has some ways to go with getting integrated with the Celtics system, this is because the Celtics move the so much and this is totally different for. What Kyrie is used to.
That being said, if you have watched the Celtics this season you would see why Kyrie asked to leave. I love this team, especially personnel improvements made in the interior.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:23am On Oct 25, 2017
Roland17:
I just read the news about M. Fultz getting his knees drained and I can't but feel sad for the kid. The NBA is all about scouting and that is why D. Ainge is much respected in the GM circle. Trading the overall number one and dropping down to pick Tatum who has been magnificent thus far was rewarding for us. Kyrie still has some ways to go with getting integrated with the Celtics system, this is because the Celtics move the so much and this is totally different for. What Kyrie is used to.
That being said, if you have watched the Celtics this season you would see why Kyrie asked to leave. I love this team, especially personnel improvements made in the interior.

He had his shoulders drained, he can't shoot properly and was fighting through the pain with cortisone. It's not permanent. Maybe you'll judge him when he's 100?
Re: The NBA Begins by AndrewFarms(m): 5:26am On Oct 25, 2017
aliondo:

I bet you more than half of basketball greats and legends will tell you westbrook is their favorite player today because he plays like the days when the NBA was not soft.

Even Iverson says westbrook is his favorite. As an OKC fan,to be honest...Westbrook needs to leave the stats,work on his decision making (esp.during vital times in the game like 4th quarters) and focus on how to win a ring except he will tell me he plays for stats. I trust him to do that this season now he has Melo and P.G and lets see how it turns out.

TRIPLE-DOUBLES = WINS FOR OKC

Westbrook has been asked a number of times why he thinks the Thunder typically win when he hits the triple-double bar. The truth might be in the assists -- when Westbrook records 10 dimes, the Thunder are 36-12. When he shoots 25 or more times, they're 17-18. The Thunder are often at their best when Westbrook lets his distribution lead and his scoring follow.

link: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19075849/nba-russell-westbrook-averages-triple-double-entire-season

Re: The NBA Begins by AndrewFarms(m): 5:36am On Oct 25, 2017
VivaLaByke:

As a Lakers fan I know J. Wall is gonna eat Lonzo up based on him being a top defender not just in the east but in the league.....
That's the next best passer after Chris Paul, Harden and Westbrook
Buh you know what they say "hope for the best while expecting the worst"
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 6:43am On Oct 25, 2017
VivaLaByke:

Did you just say John Wall is shiit? shocked shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 25, 2017
So much is starting to make sense. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:34am On Oct 25, 2017
Donlittle:

You guys are overreacting. Byke is joking.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:36am On Oct 25, 2017
AndrewFarms:

As a Lakers fan I know J. Wall is gonna eat Lonzo up based on him being a top defender not just in the east but in the league.....

John Wall is after CP3 on this list. Stop forcing this your Westbrook on us.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:39am On Oct 25, 2017
AndrewFarms:

TRIPLE-DOUBLES = WINS FOR OKC

Westbrook has been asked a number of times why he thinks the Thunder typically win when he hits the triple-double bar. The truth might be in the assists -- when Westbrook records 10 dimes, the Thunder are 36-12. When he shoots 25 or more times, they're 17-18. The Thunder are often at their best when Westbrook lets his distribution lead and his scoring follow.

link: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19075849/nba-russell-westbrook-averages-triple-double-entire-season

We thrashed this out last season. The % did not change much when he had a double double proving that the "triple" aspect was a redherring.
Re: The NBA Begins by AndrewFarms(m): 8:49am On Oct 25, 2017
Eruditor:

John Wall is after CP3 on this list. Stop forcing this your Westbrook on us.

Ain't tryin to force him on you, you have to admit he is one of the best passer if not the best after CP3, thats why harden is on that list also and he is a better defender than harden, just that John Wall is better at him at going coast to coast in terms of speed......

John Wall doesn't have Russell's mentality (who does?)

Athletically speaking they aren't far apart, Russ is the better 3 point shooter, I would say the mid range is simliar (people sleep on how much better John Wall's mid range became, that is a big reason why he became such a better player this season, defenses can no longer sag off him when he comes in the 3 point line).

Wall better passer, Russ better rebounder, but Russ's aggression and mindset during the game is what let's him put up those ridiculous stat lines, he is so relentless.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6kejt3/whats_the_difference_between_westbrook_and_john/
Link: http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/john_wall_vs_russell_westbrook.htm
Re: The NBA Begins by AndrewFarms(m): 8:52am On Oct 25, 2017
Eruditor:

We thrashed this out last season. The % did not change much when he had a double double proving that the "triple" aspect was a redherring.

Minus Wall, Westbrook and Harden....
which team last season had better role players in OKC, Wizards, and Rockets.....
And pls be sincere with yourself......

as for me OKC is dead last minus Westbrook, he reminds me of what Kobe did in post-shaq era before gasol came along with the likes of kwame and co.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:01am On Oct 25, 2017
AndrewFarms:

Ain't tryin to force him on you, you have to admit he is one of the best passer if not the best after CP3, thats why harden is on that list also and he is a better defender than harden, just that John Wall is better at him at going coast to coast in terms of speed......

John Wall doesn't have Russell's mentality (who does?)

Athletically speaking they aren't far apart, Russ is the better 3 point shooter, I would say the mid range is simliar (people sleep on how much better John Wall's mid range became, that is a big reason why he became such a better player this season, defenses can no longer sag off him when he comes in the 3 point line).

Wall better passer, Russ better rebounder, but Russ's aggression and mindset during the game is what let's him put up those ridiculous stat lines, he is so relentless.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6kejt3/whats_the_difference_between_westbrook_and_john/
Link: http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/john_wall_vs_russell_westbrook.htm

Oga wait. I did not say JWall is better than him overall but as a passer JWall is.

Russell and Harden had equally bad defence last year and stats made Russell to actually be worse.
Re: The NBA Begins by AndrewFarms(m): 9:22am On Oct 25, 2017
Eruditor:

Oga wait. I did not say JWall is better than him overall but as a passer JWall is.

Russell and Harden had equally bad defence last year and stats made Russell to actually be worse.

my main point is that the stats Westbrook was putting was not for putting sake Buh cuz it helps the team when it plays all-round (shooting, rebounding and assist) than when he only shoots and rebound/assist.....

Remember Kobe MVP season......
He average I think up to 35ppg on an average team Buh if he didn't you know Lakers wouldn't have qualified for the playoffs....
That's what Westbrook did all season last year.....
Some can say he's all about the stats Buh I can say he did what he had to do to make them make the playoffs
That's true definition of "mamba mentality"
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:34am On Oct 25, 2017
AndrewFarms:

my main point is that the stats Westbrook was putting was not for putting sake Buh cuz it helps the team when it plays all-round (shooting, rebounding and assist) than when he only shoots and rebound/assist.....

Remember Kobe MVP season......
He average I think up to 35ppg on an average team Buh if he didn't you know Lakers wouldn't have qualified for the playoffs....
That's what Westbrook did all season last year.....
Some can say he's all about the stats Buh I can say he did what he had to do to make them make the playoffs
That's true definition of "mamba mentality"

Oga, if wins to loss column for triple doubles was 76%, wins to loss column for double doubles was 75% for Russell and OKC. This implies that OKC could have had the same season if Russell did not average a triple double.

A triple double involves points, assists and rebounds right? I put it to you that his double figure rebounds were largely as a result of stat-padding. We discussed this on this thread last season. No need rehashing it.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:35am On Oct 25, 2017
Wait!! What is this Westbrook argument about?

If you're talking best passers you'll end up talking the statistics. We all know brodie will win that category.

If you're talking about running the floor controlling the offense, don't tell me Westbrook is ahead of CP3, John Wall or even LeBron so I don't understand the best passer talk.

Now, If you talking best PG in terms of value and individual skill, Westbrook is arguably 1st or 2nd..

And please any PG in the league can get open rebounds some just let their Centers do their jobs and get back to orchestrating fast breaks and quality offense.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 25, 2017
Seems stat padding really pays off grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 25, 2017
Donlittle:
Disgracing myself...WTF. cheesy cheesy

Dude it's nairaland. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 25, 2017
AndrewFarms:

As a Laker fan,you should believe in your team more.

We are getting the W+Lonzo is having a masterclass.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 25, 2017
aliondo:

Did you just say John Wall is shiit? shocked shocked shocked
0 technique

0 locomotion

Looks like a bodybuilder and has just speed...finish.

Easy dub for Lonzo. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by AndrewFarms(m): 11:18am On Oct 25, 2017
Eruditor:

Oga, if wins to loss column for triple doubles was 76%, wins to loss column for double doubles was 75% for Russell and OKC. This implies that OKC could have had the same season if Russell did not average a triple double.

A triple double involves points, assists and rebounds right? I put it to you that his double figure rebounds were largely as a result of stat-padding. We discussed this on this thread last season. No need rehashing it.

"I put it to you that his double figure rebounds were largely as a result of stat-padding"

This is wrong bro.....

he’s a fantastic rebounder regardless, and the best-case scenario for Oklahoma City is for him to grab a rebound and immediately start a fast break. Those numbers are inflated — James Harden’s contested rebounding percentage, for example, is several points higher than Westbrook’s, according to NBA.com’s player tracking statistics

Link: https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/26/15066852/russell-westbrook-rebound-bowls-over-victor-oladipo-thunder&grqid=mweCUD71&hl=en-NG
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2017
AndrewFarms:

"I put it to you that his double figure rebounds were largely as a result of stat-padding"

This is wrong bro.....

he’s a fantastic rebounder regardless, and the best-case scenario for Oklahoma City is for him to grab a rebound and immediately start a fast break. Those numbers are inflated — James Harden’s contested rebounding percentage, for example, is several points higher than Westbrook’s, according to NBA.com’s player tracking statistics

Link: https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/26/15066852/russell-westbrook-rebound-bowls-over-victor-oladipo-thunder&grqid=mweCUD71&hl=en-NG

These things were disproved guy. On many occasions the Bigs screened people for Russell to get the routine rebound. So what use did the bigs have in OKC? Exactly. That is why Adams and Kanter became useless in Russell's triple double season.

All that talk about fast break is also not true. The ball travels faster than Russell ever will so he could have as well charged down the court whilst the big passed the ball. That would have been a faster break.

Russell was stat-padding the life out of his rebounds thus making the triple doubles inorganic and offputting.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2017
LeBron officially moved to Point Guard.

At this point this man is just having fun doing what he likes because he's capable.

Anyone wants to trade Bron for better package? Better speak now. cry
Re: The NBA Begins by AndrewFarms(m): 12:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
Eruditor:

These things were disproved guy. On many occasions the Bigs screened people for Russell to get the routine rebound. So what use did the bigs have in OKC? Exactly. That is why Adams and Kanter became useless in Russell's triple double season.

All that talk about fast break is also not true. The ball travels faster than Russell ever will so he could have as well charged down the court whilst the big passed the ball. That would have been a faster break.

Russell was stat-padding the life out of his rebounds thus making the triple doubles inorganic and offputting.

Most points guards these days get their rebound that way....
Brook Lopez screens big so that Lonzo can get the ball....
others do the same also....
remember night while on gsw..? He screened for dreymond to rebound, same with Zaza also.....
that's the league new trend nah
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2017
AndrewFarms:

Most points guards these days get their rebound that way....
Brook Lopez screens big so that Lonzo can get the ball....
others do the same also....
remember night while on gsw..? He screened for dreymond to rebound, same with Zaza also.....
that's the league new trend nah

The rebounds they could easily get themselves? No sir. You screen for your teammate when he is in a better position than you.

Sadly, that did not happen with Russell and OKC last season. They were helping him get his 10 rebounds per game bruh.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 25, 2017
SmooshCHN:
LeBron officially moved to Point Guard.

At this point this man is just having fun doing what he likes because he's capable.

Anyone wants to trade Bron for better package? Better speak now. cry

LOL! Temporary until rose gets back but hasn't he always been an unofficial point guard?

What's really impressive is that this year his shooting seems to have improved. He's confidently shooting free throws at over 90 percent and effortlessly knocking down 3's. If he can keep this up guarding him won't be difficult it'd be impossible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (2216) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.