Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (728) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1628043 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 26, 2017
NBA Refs. cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 12:02am On Dec 26, 2017
AlderFadington:

Touching the ball doesn't negate the fact that he whacked him across the arm right before. And If he did touch the ball isn't that cavs ball?

I'm not making excuses, we lost and they lost to similar circumstances last year but let's not pretend as if that was not a blatant foul at a crucial time in the game.

With The way love is playing and IT soon to return we will finally go into a finals with a big 3. And that bum JR needs to stay off the hen dawg before we play against these larriors. Man just automatically disappears every time.

He touched the ball which went went off Bron's hands. There's a game review for that. Tbh, that play was a 50-50 call. You didn't lose that game with that play. It's the previous Bron's TO where he lost his footing. That and the offensive rebounds Bell and Green took.

At the end, na Lue I go blame last last...

It'd be an interesting game come January when IT and Curry are back. That'll be the game, no be this one. I no dey count this one at all
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 26, 2017
Decale:

He touched the ball which went went off Bron's hands. There's a game review for that. Tbh, that play was a 50-50 call. You didn't lose that game with that play. It's the previous Bron's TO where he lost his footing. That and the offensive rebounds Bell and Green took.

At the end, na Lue I go blame last last...

It'd be an interesting game come January when IT and Curry are back. That'll be the game, no be this one. I no dey count this one at all

Even skip bayless the greatest LeBron hater this world will ever know conceded that it was a foul. Wonder which lense you're wearing?

I'm not going to keep moaning over one call. We have improvements to make. We will be ready in June, I have no doubt.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 12:10am On Dec 26, 2017
Just watched that shittt clearly now. That thing na foul sha. It's right across
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 26, 2017
John Clay.

0points...10minutes played. lipsrsealed

Abeg...I'm off to bed.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 26, 2017
The Christmas game is cursed anyway. You win you lose the finals so jokes on You!
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:15am On Dec 26, 2017
Hacking Robertson. These people are so predictable grin
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:27am On Dec 26, 2017
Have we finally figured out how to close games?? wink

Nice game tho...These rockets are tough to beat..
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:28am On Dec 26, 2017
This OKC defense cannot be written in words. At all

I go add Robertson for that DPOY list join.

Thunder on a roll. Now 5th seed...
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:31am On Dec 26, 2017
rotimi9:
same here bro......our alphas cp3 and Clint capela are out.....u guys should take this one I guess

Nice game bro..literally watched with my heart in my mouth...You guys can shoot...
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:31am On Dec 26, 2017
aliondo:
Have we finally figured out how to close games?? wink

Nice game tho...These rockets are tough to beat..

Rockets were missing their 2 best defenders. So, this game may tilt on a fully healthy team. Harden has continued on his improved defense this season.

But regards to your big 3. They're playing like they should...
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:50am On Dec 26, 2017
Decale:

Rockets were missing their 2 best defenders. So, this game may tilt on a fully healthy team. Harden has continued on his improved defense this season.

But regards to your big 3. They're playing like they should...

I'm even more scared of their offense...They are a real threat especially with CP3 giving more room and space for harden to shoot....
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 4:54am On Dec 26, 2017
VivaLaByke:

Yeah,the loss of a 5'9 midget is on par with the loss of the greatest shooter the NBA has ever seen. undecided

Jesus Christ...Patrick McCaw is a mess. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I think you are my favorite on this thread grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 5:11am On Dec 26, 2017
AlderFadington:
The Christmas game is cursed anyway. You win you lose the finals so jokes on You!
which kind assumption be this now

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:09am On Dec 26, 2017
All these excuses.
Isaiah wasn't around,
It's the refs,
It's the guys just playing 4 months,
It's KD not being ejected. (If the refs didn't slap him with a weak Tech)
It's the last call that ruined the game. Let me not start on how many 3pts fouls your guys had. (Yes!! it's a foul but we said the same last year when Jefferson clearly stepped on KD, we said the same when OKC had their way with the refs and you kept saying we're moaning). These things happen but it didn't matter till it hurt your team. How does it taste?
Shot like 30% FG and Kevin Love who usually doesn't do well vs Warriors made it a competition. It's just one game and Cavs have the advantage of a Bubble bath in the playoffs unlike the battle in the west.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 26, 2017
ipledge10:
I think you are my favorite on this thread grin grin
Love you too bro.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 26, 2017
No Lonzo Ball and the Lakers get blown the fück out.

When I call him the best player in the team who makes everything click,people think I'm exaggerating or just hyping him.

Mad how I started watching Basketball 8months ago but have the knowledge of Phil Jackson about the sport,most people on this thread been watching since the time of Wilt and yet know as little as Chandra Dangi about the sport.

Suck my dïck Jusuf Nurkic... angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 26, 2017
Just checked the OKC result. cheesy

Arghhhh...Westbrook showing why he is the reigning MVP.

James Harden should die...the weird looking scrub. lipsrsealed

Still thinking about last night's Warriors game and wondering where Kevin Love's help was.

31points 18rebounds,yet let down by his teammates.

The Cavs win that game if one of his teammates had showed up.

Where was Kevin Love's help?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 26, 2017
SmooshCHN:
All these excuses.
Isaiah wasn't around,
It's the refs,
It's the guys just playing 4 months,
It's KD not being ejected. (If the refs didn't slap him with a weak Tech)
It's the last call that ruined the game. Let me not start on how many 3pts fouls your guys had. (Yes!! it's a foul but we said the same last year when Jefferson clearly stepped on KD, we said the same when OKC had their way with the refs and you kept saying we're moaning). These things happen but it didn't matter till it hurt your team. How does it taste?
Shot like 30% FG and Kevin Love who usually doesn't do well vs Warriors made it a competition. It's just one game and Cavs have the advantage of a Bubble bath in the playoffs unlike the battle in the west.

These would be good points if I didn't make all of them already. Like I said, you won and there's nothing we can do about those calls. Best thing we can do is to try to improve from here. And if we can throw our assets at the right superstar, we can end it before it even starts.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:19am On Dec 26, 2017
LOL.
LOL.
LOL.
LOL.
LOL.
LOL.
LOL.LOL.LOL.LOL.LOL.LOL.LOL

grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 11:50am On Dec 26, 2017
VivaLaByke:

Still thinking about last night's Warriors game and wondering where Kevin Love's help was.

31points 18rebounds,yet let down by his teammates.

The Cavs win that game if one of his teammates had showed up.

Where was Kevin Love's help?

I like the way to think and you are right.where was Kevin Love's help? grin grin grin cheesy E be like say LeBron no play for the Christmas game. grin grin grin grin grin . That's why they lost because LeBron did not play grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 26, 2017
aliondo:

Nice game bro..literally watched with my heart in my mouth...You guys can shoot...
we'll see y'all in the playoffs
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 1:53pm On Dec 26, 2017
rotimi9:
we'll see y'all in the playoffs

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2017
Eruditor:
LOL.
LOL.
LOL.
LOL.
LOL.
LOL.
LOL.LOL.LOL.LOL.LOL.LOL.LOL

grin

u dey laugh Durant? The guy talk sey im and lebron dey d same level. O amadioha... undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 26, 2017
birdman:

u dey laugh Durant? The guy talk sey im and lebron dey d same level. O amadioha... undecided

I think based on his comments he's trying to claim he deserves to be in the conversation with the greats because he mentioned Larry Bird, wade and others.

That will never happen and yesterday was another example of it, without a second ball handler the warriors were able to focus their game plan on trapping LeBron and it worked perfectly. The cavs couldn't have used the same tactics on the warriors because their ball movement means they don't rely on one man to create shots. The cavs had 12 assists while the warriors had 28 or so and you can see this disparity.

This is just one of the many advantages being on this warriors team allows you and this is why no one will ever know or accept how good Durant is. The Chicanos in oakland say he's better than lebron and you know what he might be. But here's the thing, we will never know because he joined a 73 win team he blew a 3 1 lead against already touted as one of the greatest of all time. A team that did not need him.

Maybe I'm wrong and more championships will change this perception now or in the future but right now that's just the fact. And what if he can't get more championships?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:05pm On Dec 26, 2017
birdman:

I saw that caption on Yahoo but can't ascertain if it was just a click bait. Fact is, the post game interview I watched he basically said he wanted to guard Lebron because both are small forwards and he felt the players playing the same positions should guard themselves.

Whether he will achieve more than Bron is debatable. I don't think he will (individually) but as of now, the least he can be is on Bron's level. It might sound quite unfair to Bron considering he is having one of his best regular seasons statistically, but KDs much improved defence cannot be overlooked. Players genuinely fear to go to the rim when they play us.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:19pm On Dec 26, 2017
DevdanSanguine:

I think based on his comments he's trying to claim he deserves to be in the conversation with the greats because he mentioned Larry Bird, wade and others.

That will never happen and yesterday was another example of it, without a second ball handler the warriors were able to focus their game plan on trapping LeBron and it worked perfectly. The cavs couldn't have used the same tactics on the warriors because their ball movement means they don't rely on one man to create shots. The cavs had 12 assists while the warriors had 28 or so and you can see this disparity.

This is just one of the many advantages being on this warriors team allows you and this is why no one will ever know or accept how good Durant is. The Chicanos in oakland say he's better than lebron and you know what he might be. But here's the thing, we will never know because he joined a 73 win team he blew a 3 1 lead against already touted as one of the greatest of all time. A team that did not need him.

Maybe I'm wrong and more championships will change this perception now or in the future but right now that's just the fact. And what if he can't get more championships?

While I don't disagree with most of what you have here, you just need to understand that KD has to some degree always been overlooked. It has nothing to do with coming to GSW.

The very season after KD won the MVP of the reg season, he got injured after half time in a game at Oracle. I'd never forget that game so soon because at half time he had scored 30. When MVP candidates were being discussed then, nobody mentioned him at all. His only undoing? Getting injured.

I remember he did not even make the All-star starters in 15/16 in the west and he was angry. Yet he was having basically the same stats as Bron who was number 1 in all votes in the east. Bron was already crowned before he got into the NBA and luckily for him, he sustained the hype. But KD has been trying to prove himself ever since he stepped in. 4-time scoring champ and all Charles Barkley and co kept saying is "he won't be an all time great without a ring".

Now he has a ring, and the next narrative is that he did it on a 73 win team, even when he was the finals MVP of that team. Which means, without him, they probably don't win that ring.

He does not need another ring to prove anything. Posterity will be very kind to him.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 26, 2017
Eruditor:

While I don't disagree with most of what you have here, you just need to understand that KD has to some degree always been overlooked. It has nothing to do with coming to GSW.

The very season after KD won the MVP of the reg season, he got injured after half time in a game at Oracle. I'd never forget that game so soon because at half time he had scored 30. When MVP candidates were being discussed then, nobody mentioned him at all. His only undoing? Getting injured.
He has always been number 2, straight from the draft and now in the NBA. I see how that can strain him mentally.

I remember he did not even make the All-star starters in 15/16 in the west and he was angry. Yet he was having basically the same stats as Bron who was number 1 in all votes in the east. Bron was already crowned before he got into the NBA and luckily for him, he sustained the hype. But KD has been trying to prove himself ever since he stepped in. 4-time scoring champ and all Charles Barkley and co kept saying is "he won't be an all time great without a ring".
Allstar games are based on popularity, i dont think he should care about fans not voting for him.

As for the last sentence i sincerely doubt barkley would make a comment like that him being an all time great himself without a ring. That would be extremely hypocritical and i really doubt he will say something like that.

Now he has a ring, and the next narrative is that he did it on a 73 win team, even when he was the finals MVP of that team. Which means, without him, they probably don't win that ring.

He does not need another ring to prove anything. Posterity will be very kind to him.
He DID join a 73 win team. Iguodala was finals mvp in 2015, doesnt mean they couldnt have done it without him.

As to posterity, i guess we will see. He has more to achieve and his ink isnt dry but right now, hes not an all time top 20 player.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 26, 2017
Poverty fixtures tonight. lipsrsealed

Na sleep sure pass.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 12:17am On Dec 27, 2017
The L2M report has been released

Crowder had an offensive foul on Durant prior to that Bron's TO (which was correctly ruled as a Durant's foul). This woulda been 2 FTS

Again, Bron fouled Green just before Iguodala lost that rebound. Another 2 FTs. That's 4 potential points taken from the Warriors

You see why L2Ms really never make much difference?

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 27, 2017
Decale:
The L2M report has been released

Crowder had an offensive foul on Durant prior to that Bron's TO (which was correctly ruled as a Durant's foul). This woulda been 2 FTS

Again, Bron fouled Green just before Iguodala lost that rebound. Another 2 FTs. That's 4 potential points taken from the Warriors

You see why L2Ms really never make much difference?

Your cherry picking is shameless to say the least. What matters is those two crucial fouls at the most crucial time in the game. The second of which was one of the most obvious fouls that can ever be called and right in front of the referee.

3 missed fouls on Durant.

One missed foul on LeBron within the last 1:30 according to the report.

It's over, We lost. But please don't twist facts to suit your narrative.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 12:47am On Dec 27, 2017
DevdanSanguine:

Your cherry picking is shameless to say the least. What matters is those two crucial fouls at the most crucial time in the game. The second of which was one of the most obvious fouls that can ever be called and right in front of the referee.

Lol
Those are the most crucial? grin

Sorry I didn't know tugging someone's shirt with 33 seconds on the clock was not important or an offensive foul was below the pile of "crucial fouls"

At least we sabi say KD na 89% FT shooter, na your 77% person you dey bïtch about.

Sorry ooo. Your own fouls are more important

It's over, We lost. But please don't twist facts to suit your narrative.

Salt, Salt, Salt

I'm not twisting facts. I just posted FACTS!!!

If those calls on Cavs were made and Warriors were up by 7, Bron would probably be looking for a 3 pointer. The guy no go even whyne for that call sef.

Be looking for "obvious fouls" like say refs no dey make mistakes. They even helped with all the FTs Cavs made last night

Just carry your L and move on. Ndo...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (2209) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.