Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,663 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Dry Travel Section! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dry Travel Section! (1782 Views)

*~Temmytanny Voted Travel Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / *~ Vicjustice Voted Travel Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) (2) (3) (4)

Dry Travel Section! by suxes2006(m): 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2011
Hey guys,

Wats going on? This place is always dry anytime I come around
#WetinHappen?

Aal Izz Well
Re: Dry Travel Section! by justwise(m): 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2011
suxes2006:

Hey guys,

Wats going on? This place is always dry anytime I come around
#WetinHappen?

Aal Izz Well

Can you tell us what you expect to see in travel section?
Re: Dry Travel Section! by chelseabmw(m): 4:10pm On Dec 26, 2011
justwise:

he wants to see ads with title' UK,MALAYSIA VISA NOW 690K,APPLY NOW'

Is this not same guy who was doing malaysia visit then? undecided
Re: Dry Travel Section! by justwise(m): 4:15pm On Dec 26, 2011
chelseabmw:

I'm really interested to know from him what made this section dry.
Re: Dry Travel Section! by suxes2006(m): 4:26pm On Dec 26, 2011
chelseabmw:

Nah, you got it wrong man!

justwise:

You know, it's always full of interactions, advices, before you post question
you get the answer and all sort, i don't mean bad thing just thinking maybe
the posters are on recess,

Aal Izz Well
Re: Dry Travel Section! by justwise(m): 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2011
suxes2006:

Nah, you got it wrong man!

You know, it's always full of interactions, advices, before you post question
you get the answer and all sort, i don't mean bad thing just thinking maybe
the posters are on recess,

Aal Izz Well

Have you or anybody else posted a question here without getting an answer?
Re: Dry Travel Section! by suxes2006(m): 4:46pm On Dec 26, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^

4get it man,

I've got works to do!

Aal Izz Well
Re: Dry Travel Section! by justwise(m): 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2011
suxes2006:

^^^^^^^^^^

4get it man,

I've got works to do!

Aal Izz Well

Travel section will definitely be dry for people like you judging by your past record here.
Re: Dry Travel Section! by Lasinoh: 6:39pm On Dec 26, 2011
The whole NL is dry. . . no different from the Travel Section.
Take heart.
This too shall pass IJN. . . Amen! kiss
Re: Dry Travel Section! by kadman(m): 6:59pm On Dec 26, 2011
Even though the author is a budding scammer (don't deny this. . we have receipts). He has a point, travel section is now boring - I'm attributing this to Justwise who has cleaned up the place from scammers and given Nigerians some sense.

What made the travel section lively was drama and people's tales of being scammed woes. But I'd take a scam free travel section over the lively one back in 2009/2010 when every other topic was a scam/someone being scammed.
Re: Dry Travel Section! by Vicjustice: 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2011
Knowing where the poster is coming from, i do understand what he was trying to express, and i also do understand why Justwise jumps in.
  To be honest, if you compare this section to that of "Politics" etc, you'd be forced to accept that this section could be really dry, observing that there are times when less than 15 threads receive comments in a whole day. But yet, that is nobody's fault, it has all got to do with interests: Know that (though Nigerians are well renown for travel,) but most people don't like spending their time writing about travel like they do when it comes to politics or businesses (making money). And the fact that scammers are being repelled is also making it dry
Re: Dry Travel Section! by justwise(m): 9:25am On Dec 27, 2011
Vicjustice:

Knowing where the poster is coming from, i do understand what he was trying to express, and i also do understand why Justwise jumps in.
  To be honest, if you compare this section to that of "Politics" etc, you'd be forced to accept that this section could be really dry, observing that there are times when less than 15 threads receive comments in a whole day. But yet, that is nobody's fault, it has all got to do with interests: Know that (though Nigerians are well renown for travel,) but most people don't like spending their time writing about travel like they do when it comes to politics or businesses (making money). And the fact that scammers are being repelled is also making it dry

You can't compare Travel Section to 'Politics' section, politics section will always be busy as it deals with current affairs and there is no short of bad/good news on daily bases to make the front page. Issues in politics section touches almost every area of our lives hence everybody has an opinion.

People who visits travel section comes for travel related issues only, take a look at UK/Canadian or US student thread, it gets busier during admission seasons or summer time and after the visa is secured they may not come back here again in a yr or two until they have another visa issue.

Its not fair to allow people to use this Travel Section as their scam base, defraud Nigerians and laugh to the bank while we read and laugh.

The absents of scammers can only be bad news to a very few people here, if that makes the travel section dry then i make no apologies for that.
Re: Dry Travel Section! by Vicjustice: 11:54am On Dec 27, 2011
Vicjustice:

The above highlighted line is not intended to encourage scam activities in this section, but rather to explain a factor that contributed to the section being the way it is.
   In the past, there used to to be more scammers than genuine users, they took advantage of the freedom to set their traps in multiple posts (even with multiple ids), but since they have been subdued and their attempts are being voided, they have now given up and deserted the section, hence it now seems dry. With this, i still give credit to you.

justwise:

You can't compare Travel Section to 'Politics' section, politics section will always be busy as it deals with current affairs and there is no short of bad/good news on daily bases to make the front page. Issues in politics section touches almost every area of our lives hence everybody has an opinion.

People who visits travel section comes for  travel related issues only, take a look at UK/Canadian or US student thread, it gets busier during admission seasons or summer time and after the visa is secured they may not come back here again in a yr or two until they have another visa issue.

Its not fair to allow people to use this Travel Section as their scam base, defraud Nigerians and laugh to the bank while we read and laugh.

The absents of scammers  can only be bad news to a very few people here, if that makes the travel section dry then i make no apologies for that.
   I agree with you in almost everything, except that i am of the opinion that the number of people who used this section to try their scam trade were about the same as the number of genuine users; therefore, i am of the opinion that the absence of Scammers does not just affect a "very few people", but a whole bunch of these criminals
Re: Dry Travel Section! by suxes2006(m): 3:13pm On Dec 27, 2011
kadman:

Even though the author is a budding scammer (don't deny this. . we have receipts). He has a point, travel section is now boring - I'm attributing this to Justwise who has cleaned up the place from scammers and given Nigerians some sense.

What made the travel section lively was drama and people's tales of being scammed woes. But I'd take a scam free travel section over the lively one back in 2009/2010 when every other topic was a scam/someone being scammed.

@ Bolded part: Hmnnn that is good, I hope you know the meaning of scammer sha?
If you don't know maybe you should go dig it up!

@Vicjustice, yeah you seems to understand what I mean by starting this thread.
It's unlike the way it used to be before, instead of justwise to simply be happy
that he has done some 'good' so to say, he is saying other stuffs,

Aal Izz Well
Re: Dry Travel Section! by chika98: 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2011
Yup! The travel section used to be one of my favorite places to read up on. People talking about their recent travels and much more. These days it seems folks only pop 'round for "visa" advice. Anyway a lot of sensible people have moved on from Nairaland to that contributes to it as well.
Re: Dry Travel Section! by alfablondy: 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2011
justwise:

Travel section will definitely be dry for people like you judging by your past record here.

justwise:

[/b]

The absents of scammers  can only be bad news to a very few people here, if that makes the travel section dry then i make no apologies for that.

Vicjustice:

In the past, there used to to be more scammers than genuine users, they took advantage of the freedom to set their traps in multiple posts (even with multiple ids), but since they have been subdued and their attempts are being voided, they have now given up and deserted the section, hence it now seem dry. With this, i still give credit to you.
   I agree with you in almost everything, except that i am of the opinion that the number of people who used this section to try their scam trade were about the same as the number of genuine users; therefore, i am of the opinion that the absence of Scammers does not just affect a "very few people", but a whole bunch of these criminals

suxes2006:

@Vicjustice, yeah you seems to understand what I mean by starting this thread.
It's unlike the way it used to be before, instead of justwise to simply be happy
that he has done some 'good' so to say, he is saying other stuffs,

Aal Izz Well

@ justwise the op comments was based on his observations and you can see the way Vicjustice and kadmann agreed with him that the section is dry. None of them accused you of not doing well as a moderator, but your response above sounds like someone that is not really ready for criticism,  You may be wise but not the wisest and cannot be always right. Have an open mind to comments.
Re: Dry Travel Section! by justwise(m): 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2011
alfablondy:

@ justwise the op comments was based on his observations and you can see the way Vicjustice and kadmann agreed with him that the section is dry. None of them accused you of not doing well as a moderator, but your response above sounds like someone that is not really ready for criticism,  You may be wise but not the wisest and cannot be always right. Have an open mind to comments.

Vicjustice and kadmann's views were constructive and balanced, i take criticism, if i don't, all the negative comments made against me here in Travel Section would have been deleted long before you see it.
Re: Dry Travel Section! by suxes2006(m): 5:07pm On Dec 27, 2011
Guys, make una go work abegi!

Aal Izz Well
Re: Dry Travel Section! by kennybuda: 12:07pm On Dec 28, 2011
grin grin grin ask yemmy travel agency?
Re: Dry Travel Section! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2011
LMAO. I would say the Travel section has been sanitised, to the detriment of certain "elements". wink
Re: Dry Travel Section! by Aberle: 12:10am On Jan 22, 2012
his section includes dry cleaning and laundry expenses incurred in the coursework of your travel period.Telephone - Business calls, fax costs or other communication costs associated with the business travel are deductible.Tips paid for any travel expense section are allowed as a tax deduction.
Re: Dry Travel Section! by WAVixen: 2:06am On Jan 22, 2012
Yes, most sections are dry. I guess because we are online most times.
Re: Dry Travel Section! by chelseabmw(m): 7:15pm On Jan 22, 2012
come to the auto section and see if its dry on not. . . .

Justwise,u are really do a nice job here
Re: Dry Travel Section! by philip0906(m): 11:55pm On Jan 22, 2012
WAVixen:

Yes, most sections are dry. I guess because we are online most times.
ya head dey there wink
Re: Dry Travel Section! by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 23, 2012
cheesy woa!! how did i miss this Thread ? Travel Section I know of 2006 -11 always make me laugh and roll on floor most especially Justwise Vs Scammer or Naija Base Vs Uk Base Ajanlekoko and co wink But ever since JW became a Mod Scammers got needles close to there eyeballs cheesy well TVS has been sanitized and some m[i]or[/i]on who believes on internet advert has been saved by the MOD.

Furthermore, making this section interested is all about individual's creativity i have read lot of threads that got nothing to do with Visa Advert yet still pull lot of traffics and replies e.g there was this old thread that has to do with people in Uk posting pictures of the snow at that particular period while you see some crazy people coming out to snap in the snow with towel wrap over there waist grin

conclusion: if TVS is boring to you look else where to grab your fun so simple it all about clicking or bring your fun to it

Brb , > Romance Section tongue

Re: Dry Travel Section! by justwise(m): 11:29am On Jan 23, 2012
bandiejay:

cheesy woa!! how did i miss this Thread ? Travel Section I know of 2006 -11 always make me laugh and roll on floor most especially Justwise Vs Scammer or Naija Base Vs Uk Base Ajanlekoko and co wink But ever since JW became a Mod Scammers got needles close to there eyeballs cheesy well TVS has been sanitized and some m[i]or[/i]on who believes on internet advert has been saved by the MOD.

Furthermore, making this section interested is all about individual's creativity i have read lot of threads that got nothing to do with Visa Advert yet still pull lot of traffics and replies e.g there was this old thread that has to do with people in Uk posting pictures of the snow at that particular period while you see some crazy people coming out to snap in the snow with towel wrap over there waist grin

conclusion: if TVS is boring to you look else where to grab your fun so simple it all about clicking or bring your fun to it

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin now i know why you don't frequent TVS section anymore.
Re: Dry Travel Section! by suxes2006(m): 2:31pm On Jan 23, 2012
bandiejay:

And wat are you doing at the RSs?

How u dey bro?
Re: Dry Travel Section! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 23, 2012
No more spin and sell for suxes thats why its dry cry
Re: Dry Travel Section! by suxes2006(m): 10:09pm On Jan 23, 2012
diluminati:

No more spin and sell for suxes thats why its dry cry

Hmnnnn you might be right

SHALOM
Re: Dry Travel Section! by JeSoul(f): 4:21pm On Jan 24, 2012
Lol @ the contributions.

While beef/fights bring in views, posts & interest, good topics also bring in views, posts & interest. Its up to the regular postsers to post your own travel local or abroad stories & pictures and inject life to the section. I have really enjoyed most the picture threads in this section and those of local experiences in their own cities.
Re: Dry Travel Section! by OmoTier1(m): 7:24pm On Jan 25, 2012
comes in, looks at the Thread, **yawns**, dashes off to >>>> Politics Section , see you there! lipsrsealed
Re: Dry Travel Section! by chika98: 10:32pm On Jan 25, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

comes in, looks at the Thread, **yawns**, dashes off to >>>> Politics Section , see you there! lipsrsealed

You can make it lively by showing us your travel pictures, starting good topics that everyone would wanna contribute to etc.

Politics is too harsh and tribalistic for some of us.

Pls Has Anyone Here Travelled With Egypt Air Before? / Price Of Nigerian Passport / Nigeria Student In Hong Kong(prospective Msc, Phd Student)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84