Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:15 PM

Owing Money In The Uk? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Owing Money In The Uk? (3122 Views)

Can Owing Debt In Uk Affect Canadian Visa / How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk / Pictures Of The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owing Money In The Uk? by megeness: 9:51pm On Dec 26, 2011
Hey guys,

I loaned some money from independent loan providers in the UK while I was studying. I just left the UK, i need to know if it would affect my UK visiting visa application.

The amount I owe is 150 pounds.

Cheers
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by justwise(m): 10:21pm On Dec 26, 2011
megeness:

Hey guys,

I loaned some money from independent loan providers in the UK while I was studying. I just left the UK, i need to know if it would affect my UK visiting visa application.

Cheers

Have you thought about paying the money back? If you do that then u got nothing to worry about again.
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 26, 2011
justwise:

Have you thought about paying the money back? If you do that then u got nothing to worry about again.

well said!!!!
some people really have their head screwed up upside down!
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by kadman(m): 10:59pm On Dec 26, 2011
I don't think it will affect future applications. . since they were "independent" lenders. But you ain't[i] s[/i]h[i]i[/i]t for borrowing money and running away. ARRGH ! And you have the gall to be worried about it. I hate people.
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by denzel2009: 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2011
Apart from the fact that the loan sharks can break your ankle anytime you visit, you should be fine.
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by justwise(m): 12:00am On Dec 27, 2011
denzel2009:

Apart from the fact that the loan sharks can break your ankle anytime you visit, you should be fine.

How about the interest that that £150 is accumulating? Independent loan sharks are more ruthless compared to say banks.
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by denzel2009: 12:43am On Dec 27, 2011
justwise:

How about the interest that that £150 is accumulating? Independent loan sharks are more ruthless compared to say banks.
Yeah, I was talking about the warriors aka loan sharks. Banks would just be writing you letters informing you about the accumulated interest, loan sharks don't like writing, they break things like bones.
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by IsabellaC: 7:40am On Dec 27, 2011
Hello,

i doubt that debts could affect your visa for UK.

But you must consider being arrested once you enter UK. Better try and pay your debts.

Greetz
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by claremont(m): 10:02pm On Dec 28, 2011
megeness:

Hey guys,

The amount I owe is [size=14pt]150 pounds[/size].

Cheers
That figure is too minuscule to be worried about, and since they are Independent loan providers, I strongly doubt they would have access to your credit report, unlike banks. Simply relax and guzzle your beer grin, owing money to loan providers in UK has never led to UK visa denial as far as I am aware.
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by Vicjustice: 12:39am On Dec 29, 2011
megeness:

Hey guys,

Cheers
   Yet, people like this would be going about accusing BA and other financial sectors of "racism" for refusing to trust Nigerians with money.
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by justwise(m): 1:16am On Dec 29, 2011
claremont:

That figure is too minuscule to be worried about, and since they are Independent loan providers, I strongly doubt they would have access to your credit report, unlike banks. Simply relax and guzzle your beer grin, owing money to loan providers in UK has never led to UK visa denial as far as I am aware.

You are kidding me right? Wait until they tell him how much interest that £150 has accumulated, independent lenders wouldn't let you off on £50 let alone £150.
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by chika98: 2:03am On Dec 29, 2011
This original poster is ALL sorts of daft and you have the guts to come here and even say it.
No shame!
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by llbhuds: 5:29am On Dec 29, 2011
another bad egg. why didnt you sell ur laptop and pay off the debt b4 leaving the UK?
Nigerians really need help i swear.
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by FutureDon(m): 1:13pm On Feb 05, 2012
chika98:

This original poster is ALL sorts of daft and you have the guts to come here and even say it.
No shame!

grin grin
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by paris10: 1:44pm On Feb 05, 2012
megeness:

Hey guys,

Cheers

I know you are a bit naive and inexperience, but where on earth did you get the idea you just put up here?

Owing private company money in whichever country would not affect your visa application in the future. But if you want to stay longer in that country and achieve a lot, you need to build up your credit.

You can only be denied visa if you owe the govt money but this will only be a [b]child delivery fee[/b]
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by paris10: 1:52pm On Feb 05, 2012
justwise:

You are a pathetic ignorant (no pun intended) dude. Not paying money owed to a company will never affect a visa application.
You've always tried to be an expert, but dude, you need to get your learning on.

You can owe as much as you like, good credit is not a prerequisite in dishing out visa. Only exception is fraud and money laundering. But then people need to clean their act and pay off any money borrowed.
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by justwise(m): 2:08pm On Feb 05, 2012
paris10:

You are a pathetic ignorant (no pun intended) dude. Not paying money owed to a company will never affect a visa application.
You've always tried to be an expert, but dude, you need to get your learning on.

You can owe as much as you like, good credit is not a prerequisite in dishing out visa. Only exception is fraud and money laundering. But then people need to clean their act and pay off any money borrowed.

I will over-look your insult. . .for now. . .and explain what i meant by: If you do that then u got nothing to worry about again. . .

If he pays back that money then he doesn't need to come here to ask whether owing money in the UK will affect his chances of obtaining a visa. There was nowhere in my posts i linked owning money in the UK to obtaining a visa.

Got that?
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by paris10: 2:39pm On Feb 05, 2012
[/quote]

[quote author=justwise link=topic=833129.msg10126641#msg10126641 date=1328447300]
I will over-look your insult. . .for now. . .and explain what i meant by: If you do that then u got nothing to worry about again. . .

If he pays back that money then he doesn't need to come here to ask whether owing money in the UK will affect his chances of obtaining a visa. There was nowhere in my posts i linked owning money in the UK to obtaining a visa.

Got that?

I knew what you were saying initially but deviated from it a bit. Your holier than thou attitude would have been much appreciated if you knew much. You come across like a good guy, but you lack experience and facts about life.

We all want to make it big, but the above highlighted words would not take us anywhere. Faith does not deny fact. Likewise making it big in life requires wisdom, shrewdness and intelligence. The likes of Dangote, Abiola, Gates, Buffett and so on made their money not based on honesty but on principle, wisdom, shrewdness, what they know, who they know and how they can do things without being caught (wisdom you might say). But then let us not deviate from this topic.
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by justwise(m): 2:51pm On Feb 05, 2012
paris10:

I knew what you were saying initially but deviated from it a bit. Your holier than thou attitude would have been much appreciated if you knew much. You come across like a good guy, but you lack experience and facts about life.

We all want to make it big, but the above highlighted words would not take us anywhere. Faith does not deny fact. Likewise making it big in life requires wisdom, shrewdness and intelligence. The likes of Dangote, Abiola, Gates, Buffett and so on made their money not based on honesty but on principle, wisdom, shrewdness, what they know, who they know and how they can do things without being caught (wisdom you might say). But then let us not deviate from this topic.

No, lets go for it.

Where exactly did i deviate from the issue of paying back what you own?.

There is nothing you have written above that surprised me, you have always being an aspiring fraudster, i have known that for sometimes now.

I don't believe that one need to cheat, steal, be dishonest to make it in life, i don't believe in making it 'big' by defrauding others. Being criminal minded hasn't helped us as Nigerians anyway, many people can't trust us even with toilet brush. I stand by what i believe in, if i die poor believing that so be it .
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by paris10: 3:17pm On Feb 05, 2012
justwise:

No, lets go for it.

Where exactly did i deviate from the issue of paying back what you own?.

There is nothing you have written above that surprised me, you have always being an aspiring fraudster, i have known that for sometimes now.

I don't believe that one need to cheat, steal, be dishonest to make it in life, i don't believe in making it 'big' by defrauding others. Being criminal minded hasn't helped us as Nigerians anyway, many people can't trust us even with toilet brush. I stand by what i believe in, if i die poor believing that so be it .

Criminals are the best scholars and most intelligent sound minded people in the world. The British, Americans and other power house countries are known for their criminality, hence them becoming the richest countries you now have the privilege to sit in.

These countries and their govts came to your fatherland, stole everything you've ever worked for, enslave you, disrupt your growth, entice you with their visas and feed you on your stolen goods, yet you still worship them. This shows how intelligent you are.

You own oil yet you can't refine them in your country. You export the raw materials, white dudes refine them for you and sold them back to you in ten folds. So tell me, who are we fooling?

This is a deep thought!
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by justwise(m): 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2012
paris10:

Criminals are the best scholars and most intelligent sound minded people in the world. The British, Americans and other power house countries are known for their criminality, hence them becoming the richest countries you now have the privilege to sit in.

These countries and their govts came to your fatherland, stole everything you've ever worked for, enslave you, disrupt your growth, entice you with their visas and feed you on your stolen goods, yet you still worship them. This shows how intelligent you are.

You own oil yet you can't refine them in your country. You export the raw materials, white dudes refine them for you and sold them back to you in ten folds. So tell me, who are we fooling?

This is a deep thought!

You are such a glorified animal, Bill Gate and Steve Job are all criminals? Lord Alan Sugar is also a criminal? Mark Elliot Zuckerberg (owner of Facebook) is a criminal? Oprah winfrey, Tiger Woods they are all criminal? The list goes on. . for the fact that you have bunch of thieving politicians is not the fault of British and Americans, what stops Nigeria from refining their own oil? Such a lazy argument.

This is the sort of argument we hear here from every fraudster who is struggling to make it in life, good luck with your thieving career.
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by paris10: 4:05pm On Feb 05, 2012
justwise:

You are such a glorified animal, Bill Gate and Steve Job are all criminals? Lord Alan Sugar is also a criminal? Mark Elliot Zuckerberg (owner of Facebook) is a criminal? Oprah winfrey, [b]Tiger Woods[/b] they are all criminal? The list goes on. . for the fact that you have bunch of thieving politicians is not the fault of British and Americans, what stops Nigeria from refining their own oil? Such a lazy argument.

This is the sort of argument we hear here from every fraudster who is struggling to make it in life, good luck with your thieving career.

When did Tiger Wood become a business man or entrepreneur? Did you know what Oprah does to arrive at where she is today, lies my brother. You wanna know better, do some research Mr. Did Zuckerberg just came up with FB on his own? Or are you so sold that you believed the movie of how he made it?

Do you even know Alan Sugar? Haven't you heard? Or are you this uninformed? Don't you know that behind every success lies every deceit of the world. Or are you just being argumentative and stubborn and would not bow to someone well learned than you are?
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by justwise(m): 4:25pm On Feb 05, 2012
paris10:

When did Tiger Wood become a business man or entrepreneur? Did you know what Oprah does to arrive at where she is today, lies my brother. You wanna know better, do some research Mr. Did Zuckerberg just came up with FB on his own? Or are you so sold that you believed the movie of how he made it?

Do you even know Alan Sugar? Haven't you heard? Or are you this uninformed? Don't you know that behind every success lies every deceit of the world. Or are you just being argumentative and stubborn and would not bow to someone well learned than you are?

Exactly my point! baseless conspiracy theories without a single fact to back it up, tell us who they stole from to be become rich, can you?
Re: Owing Money In The Uk? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2012
llbhuds:

another bad egg. why didnt you sell ur laptop and pay off the debt b4 leaving the UK?
Nigerians really need help i swear.

grin @ bolded

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Living In Uyo. / Goodbye Nigeria / ***** Roll Call: Nairalanders In California! *****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.