Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk (25249 Views)

Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by noniwealth(f): 4:09am On Feb 13, 2010
I have a friend who just got a UK visit visa for 6-months,and he is planning to go and stay for 2years before coming back,his reasons are
1. Nothing is reliable in Nigeria i e He works as a computer engineer here in Nigeria, Sells Laptops and mainatains networks for offices and cafes but lately he complains of businesses going down
2. He also breeds Dogs and says someday there might not even be enough money for nigerians to feed themselves to think of buying Dogs
3. Most of his friends are loosing their well paid jobs and somehow some of his clients too are affected and thereby he also has lost clients too
4. Now that he is not yet married and no issue yet, he can start a better life there in UK where his kids can be sure of sound education at the rate he can afford
5. He is afraid of loosing this opportunity as he went thru hell to get the visa and cant take chances to apply again
6. Plans to sell off his car, And 3Dogs (Rotweillers and Boerbull) to make documents to work in the UK
Now i need anyone with useful advice or info on how he can go about it to attain success eventually, or if he should just stay put here even if he is not lucky enough to get another visa.
Please kindly assist in advice or any help you think WILL BE USEFUL in his plight
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by denzel2009: 6:19am On Feb 13, 2010
He needs to watch like 3 episodes of UK border to make his final decision.

2 Likes

Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by noblegas2(m): 6:50am On Feb 13, 2010
Hmmm. Overstay in D UK? Wel, i knw a friend of mine wu actually overstayed her 6month visa wit just 2 weeks n now she is findin it difficult 2 get anoda Visa after 2 years in 9ja.D immigration did no gud to her passport. @ Topic
My advice is dat ur friend shuldnt overstay his wellcome in D Uk.furthermore, he wil b an illegal immigrant n we all knw D implication of dat offense if nabbed!

1 Like

Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by noniwealth(f): 9:54am On Feb 13, 2010
@ denzel2009
denzel2009:

He needs to watch like 3 episodes of UK border to make his final decision.
Can u send these episodes so i can show him?

@noble_gas1 He  has been in the uk sometime last year and stayed for only a month (went in orthodox fashion) though his friends in the uk adviced him  not to come back, He went thru hell to renewing and eventually instead of the ECO giving him the 2yrs he applied for,they now gave him 6months i think thats what led him to deciding not to come back in a long time till he can secure a way to change his status. He says they tell him UK is Lagos extension that sh**t happens. Please i really dont want him to live a miserable life out of ignorance thats why im trying my best to help him out
i have introduced him to another means of making money here in nigeria but he seem so fed up of the country already.

2 Likes

Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by dancewith: 10:22am On Feb 13, 2010
@poster
This is a bad decision he will live to regret if he overstays. He should keep at what he is doing. No need to waste like 2 thousand pounds using the visa in the first place. In time he will be better off for it
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by busybody20: 10:31am On Feb 13, 2010
noniwealth:

I have a friend who just got a UK visit visa for 6-months,and he is planning to go and stay for 2years before coming back,his reasons are
1. Nothing is reliable in Nigeria i e He works as a computer engineer here in Nigeria, Sells Laptops and mainatains networks for offices and cafes but lately he complains of businesses going down
2. He also breeds Dogs and says someday there might not even be enough money for nigerians to feed themselves to think of buying Dogs
3. Most of his friends are loosing their well paid jobs and somehow some of his clients too are affected and thereby he also has lost clients too
4. Now that he is not yet married and no issue yet, he can start a better life there in UK where his kids can be sure of sound education at the rate he can afford
5. He is afraid of loosing this opportunity as he went thru hell to get the visa and cant take chances to apply again
6. Plans to sell off his car, And 3Dogs (Rotweillers and Boerbull) to make documents to work in the UK
Now i need anyone with useful advice or info on how he can go about it to attain success eventually, or if he should just stay put here even if he is not lucky enough to get another visa.
Please kindly assist in advice or any help you think WILL BE USEFUL in his plight

I hope the Immigration officers see this grin grin
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by busybody20: 10:35am On Feb 13, 2010
noniwealth:

@ denzel2009[b] Can u send these episodes so i can show him?[/b]

@noble_gas1 He has been in the uk sometime last year and stayed for only a month (went in orthodox fashion) though his friends in the uk adviced him not to come back, He went thru hell to renewing and eventually instead of the ECO giving him the 2yrs he applied for,they now gave him 6months i think thats what led him to deciding not to come back in a long time till he can secure a way to change his status. He says they tell him UK is Lagos extension that sh**t happens. Please i really dont want him to live a miserable life out of ignorance thats why im trying my best to help him out
i have introduced him to another means of making money here in nigeria but he seem so fed up of the country already.

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfjRKkgVlZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL0TB9FF1mI
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 2:05pm On Feb 13, 2010
@OP,

Your friend will be making a big mistake by overstaying. Watch that video busybody20 provided there.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by symbian03(m): 4:40pm On Feb 13, 2010
You wanna overstay in the UK? That's sure gonna affect your future applications.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 13, 2010
Over stay in the UK?

That's a very bad decision

Moreover, he is immigrating via visiting status

Job availabilty is not guaranteed, there are lots of people out there that are jobless.

Not that there's no job but he doesn't have the right to work legally except maybe security jobs and re kinda hard to find these days.#

noniwealth:

1.  Nothing is reliable in Nigeria i e He works as a computer engineer here in Nigeria,  Sells Laptops and mainatains networks for offices and cafes but lately he complains of businesses going down
2.  He also breeds Dogs and says someday there might not even be enough money for nigerians to feed themselves to think of buying Dogs
3.  Most of his friends are loosing their well paid jobs and somehow some of his clients too are affected and thereby he also has lost clients too
4.  Now that he is not yet married and no issue yet, he can start a better life there in UK where his kids can be sure of sound education at the rate he can afford

Sell his car off and properties? because he wants to travel to UK with this present status? he shouldn't try that. He better sell his car and find a business to do in Nigeria

He is not getting younger and where do you want him to start from?

He shouldn't be scared of loosing his jobs because others lost. Thou it is not easy in Nigeria, but let him find his way out.

[size=15pt]The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.[/size]

Folks in UK, explain better to the poster
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by noniwealth(f): 10:46pm On Feb 13, 2010
Please can you assist on things or principles to lay out   to  boost such persons hope,Like ways he can make himself better of in his mother land as he is already taking a step,Ideas (Principles) in which he can develop himself with especially for his being lucky to be on the rich side on the X Axis, Lets make a meaning to Nigerians with such plans as i feel lots of them still think like ,
Thank  y all
want more response especially with experience
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by suxes2005(m): 11:42am On Feb 14, 2010
I dont fink it is a gud idea at all

I had d opportunity of visintin uk with
a visit visa but i know goin dia wit visit visa will
not help me at all as my uncle's friend who wants to
invite me said he cant guarantee me a job and life
aint rossy at all.

justwise, can one change his or her status to a
student visa if one travel with a visit visa to the UK

My friend was refused German student visa but he said
he wants to go to Uk as visitor and den change to student
How possible is that?

SHALOM
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by denzel2009: 11:45am On Feb 14, 2010
suxes2005:

aint rossy at all.

How possible is that?

SHALOM

Impossicant!(if there's a word like that)
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 4:53pm On Feb 14, 2010
suxes2005:

aint rossy at all.

How possible is that?SHALOM

NEVER
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by noniwealth(f): 5:35pm On Feb 14, 2010
@suxes2005 you cant work in uk as a visitor its impossible i wonder what my friend is thinking to wanting to take such drastic step.
Did you now forfeit your visa or application suxes2005?
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by busybody20: 8:29pm On Feb 14, 2010
noniwealth:

@suxes2005 you cant work in uk as a visitor its impossible i wonder what my friend is thinking to wanting to take such drastic step.
Did you now forfeit your visa or application suxes2005?

You seem to know alot about this 'friend' of yours?

Or are you the one? undecided grin

2 Likes

Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by noniwealth(f): 11:20pm On Feb 14, 2010
@busybody,I know a lot because as a londoner i have advised him but he concluded that i be ajebutter wey no know how dem dey run tins in london thats why im throwing it out as a thread so i can forward the link to him when i feel i have more facts than i have shared with him to convince him.
Just trying my best to help ,is that not what friends are for?
Thanks for you concern

1 Like

Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by joxiri: 12:53am On Feb 15, 2010
An overstayer automatically gets a 10 year ban isnt it
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by jerryland: 1:19pm On Feb 15, 2010
Overstay your UK Visa? Not a good idea!!! Please dont!
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by suxes2005(m): 11:07am On Feb 16, 2010
Thanks all,

But I know of som1 who went to the Uk last 8 months
with 6 months visa and he is yet to return to 9ja now.

Anyways, justwise, wat if i get to uk wit 6 months
visa and i applied to a school, paid d fee.

Will i be able to submit/change my status dia
or i'll be asked to come back to 9ja to submit

SHALOM
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by joxiri: 1:56pm On Feb 16, 2010
suxes you need to pay for school and apply for a visa from niger
you cant do it whilst in the uk they will tell you t go back to nigeria
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by BOUNTYDOG(m): 5:18pm On Feb 16, 2010
@You cannot change your status whatsoever in the uk if you entered using a visitors visa,
Even if you want to get married to change your status you must 1st come home with your spouse"if home is 9ja " for a proper marriage registry and you will have to apply from 9ja .
Talking bout over staying,i believe it's a common thing in uk, Some Nigerians that went to the UK with student visas without intentions of schooling and did not pay or renew the tuition fee cannot apply for a visa renewal, Sometimes they end up overstaying as some of them cannot afford to come back home to try applications again.
Though its not only Nigerians that overstay in the uk, it is a worldwide thing ,An american can overstay in uk despite its visa free status and vice-verser if they spend more than 3mths at a visit without genuine reasons

1 Like

Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by denzel2009: 6:01pm On Feb 16, 2010
There's a loophole in EU law that supercedes UK law that people are now exploiting to regularise your stay even if go in by danfo.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by joxiri: 8:08pm On Feb 16, 2010
and what is this loophole
contravening human rights cos even that is very difficult to prove
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by suxes2005(m): 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2010
Alright,

Is dat so in oda countries?
My friend went to Malaysia with
visit visa and l8a changed to
student visa on getting dia

SHALOM
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 9:39am On Feb 17, 2010
denzel2009:

There's a loophole in EU law that supercedes UK law that people are now exploiting to regularise your stay even if go in by danfo.

What loophole please?
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by funkybaby(f): 10:17am On Feb 17, 2010
only a f.o.o.l will go to the UK and overstay on a visiting visa. if that is your aim, you are better off going to USA

1 Like

Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by suxes2005(m): 1:31pm On Feb 17, 2010
Which means Uk is not d way
pple see it

SHALOM
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by joxiri: 1:43pm On Feb 17, 2010
Uk has never been the way people see it
they are really tightening their policies
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Ashirobin(m): 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2010
I dont think its not a way as other ppl there are paving ways wen there seem to be none,maybe they re using the "some things are better left unsaid"pattern to approach this i guess grin undecided lipsrsealed
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by suxes2005(m): 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2010
Ashi robin:

I dont think its not a way as other ppl there are paving ways wen there seem to be none,maybe they re using the "some things are better left unsaid"pattern to approach this i guess grin undecided lipsrsealed

No matter how much dem tight am reach
I trust 9ja guys. Dey'l always av dia way.

Anyways, d best is to leave in a country
and av peace of mind dat u r a legal resident
in such country rather than putting ur ears
in d gate, LOL

SHALOM
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by netotse(m): 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2010
@suxes
its like all your friends are trying to leave 9ja by fire by force, u can like to stop telling us abt all of them b4 you get put into the 'get out of 9ja or die trying' category

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Asks Cambodian Immigration To Send Him Home, Says He Has No Money / IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost / Should I Travel Or Do Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.