Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones (7960 Views)

Have You Seen Innjoo First Dual OS Tablet? Tecno Winpad 10 Rival / Gionee M5 - World's First Dual-battery Phone Running On Andriod 5.1 Lollipop / Top 5 Cheap Smart Phones In Nigeria Priced Under N40,000 (february 2015) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by luluosas(m): 12:04pm On Dec 28, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Y Duos and Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos pack two SIMs each
By Rich Trenholm on 23 December 2011, 10:36am

Mobile Phones
Hello hello. Mobile mobile news news. Why are we saying everything twice twice? Because the Samsung Galaxy Y Duos and Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos are Samsung's first dual-SIM Android smart phones dual-SIM Android smart phones.

The Duos phones get their two-faced name because they each hold not one but two SIM cards. Two SIM cards?! Has the world gone mad? Actually having two SIM cards in one phone is pretty useful, in the right circumstances. On an everyday basis it lets you combine your work phone and your personal phone into one, without having to carry round your personal, super-stylish Samsung Galaxy S2 in one pocket and your chunky, clunky, IT department-mandated CrapBerry in another.

The Y Duos is Samsung’s first full touchscreen smart phone with two SIM slots. The Galaxy Y Duos is a 3.14-inch phone in an 11.98mm frame, with an 832MHz processor inside. It's powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbread garnished with all the usual Samsung bumf: TouchWiz interface, Social Hub, and ChatON, which lets you send free messages to people with any phone.

The Y Pro Duos is Sammy’s first qwerty-packing smart phone with two SIMs, with a 2.6-inch display atop the physical keyboard. The built-in Polaris office app lets you work with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF files while out and about. And Samsung’s Find My Mobile Service lets you lock the phone should you lose it, trace it on a map or remotely wipe its contents if it looks like you're not getting it back.

A second SIM is handy when you're a bit of a player -- one number for the wife, and one for the girlfriend. Hey, don't hate the player, hate the game.

But dual-SIM phones really come into their own when you're travelling. Taking your own phone overseas can be a serious drain on the wallet, but procuring a cheap SIM when you arrive means your friends and family can't get hold of you so easily. With a dual-SIM phone, you can set the phone to make calls and use data on your foreign SIM, and still receive calls and texts from the folks back home.

In January 2012 the Duos duo rushes to Russia, and the rest of the world will follow. No word yet on whether they're coming here to Britain, but it would be interesting if they did: they'd be among the first dual-SIM phones to go on sale here.

Source: http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-y-duos-and-y-pro-duos-pack-two-sims-each-50006496/

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by luluosas(m): 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2011
Here are some pictures.

Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by GChux1: 2:41pm On Dec 28, 2011
Samsung has beaten Nokia again with another first. Nokia kept contemplating getting a dual sim smartphone out. But Sammy was faster. When it comes to Naija, I'm going all for the new Sammy.
Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2011
with 512MB internal memory, 384 MB RAM, 3.5MP camera, they're both low end smartphones. For beginers.
Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by luluosas(m): 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2011
Whether they are low end smart phone or not, I will go for it whenever it will arrive Nigeria.
Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 30, 2011
maybe you've not used a smartphone before. It's like buying a pentium 2 or 3 laptop, when you have something higher.
Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2011
nokia 700 has 2GB internal memory, 512MB RAM, 1GB ROM. 5MP Camera.
Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by texazzpete(m): 8:50am On Jan 01, 2012
@Rudebwoy
This is a Dual Sim phone. The specs can allow it run Gingerbreak without too much lag, and most apps and games will work with no issue. For people who want/need a Dual Sim solution, this phone is much more capable than the Galaxy S2.

@Topic
This is not the world's first dual sim smartphone, not by a long margin. The likes of Motorola, Lenovo and Gigabyte have had smartphones based on Windows Mobile and Android for a while now.
Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by sniperwolf(m): 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2012
What is so special about all these Galaxies that are not in other phones that also run Android OS
Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by exago(m): 10:44am On Feb 13, 2012
these phones are not in Nigeria for now abi?
Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by Saddam: 11:50pm On Apr 09, 2012
Galaxy Dual Sim

Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by exago(m): 10:59pm On May 09, 2012
Is this in Nigeria yet?
Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 15, 2012
exago: Is this in Nigeria yet?

Been using mine for 2 months now. Bought it locally in Abuja for N29500.

I must say that it's more of a modern day text-blaster and super-pocket computer than a mobile.
Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 16, 2012
im liking this phone...the Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512. Hope it's readily available everywhere now. those who've used it what are the pros and cons by your own experience?
Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by engrhamid(m): 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2012
Hands-on Samsung galaxy duos(s6102)
Been using the phone for testing purpose for 2Weeks plus now.
It's really cool,and what the price.
Battery life: excellent...
Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by luluosas(m): 10:23pm On Aug 16, 2012
trae_z: im liking this phone...the Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512. Hope it's readily available everywhere now. those who've used it what are the pros and cons by your own experience?
It is available. You can even buy online from Kasuwa now Jumia www. and get it deliver to your house free of charge anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by ibietela2(m): 6:50am On Dec 15, 2012
luluosas:
It is available. You can even buy online from Kasuwa now Jumia www. and get it deliver to your house free of charge anywhere in Nigeria.

They Dont ship for Free bro
Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by luluosas(m): 10:36pm On Dec 17, 2012
ibietela2:

They Dont ship for Free bro
The free shipment was a promotional offer then, which have been stopped now. My supervisor in the office received his first shipment from Jumia free of charge to Yola, Adamawa State when they were still Kasuwa. Thank you.
Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by luluosas(m): 8:55pm On May 21, 2013
luluosas: Whether they are low end smart phone or not, I will go for it whenever it will arrive Nigeria.
In December 2011, I was just making a mere declaration about going for this Samsung Galaxy Y Pro DUOS phone whenever it will arrive Nigeria.
Though I have never handle nor use any smartphone before by then but, God was interested in that mere declaration, even though I was not really prepared at the time.
So, when Glo in December 2012 decided to run an online contest for their fans on Facebook, twitter and Google+, I was really believing God for a miracle, so that I will win one of the phones, which happen to be the same Samsung Galaxy Y Pro DUOS they were going to be giving out.
Finally in January 2013, by the grace of God, I finally won one of the phone on twitter contest. By February 2013, when I was called by Glo to come over and collect my phone, I was like saying, is this really true? Lo and behold, it was very true. Although we ended up winning 3 numbers of the Samsung Galaxy Y Pro DUOS in my house from Glo during the duration of the promo, I want to say thank you Lord Jesus, for honouring my mere declaration. Thank you very much Glo, for being the instrument God used to bring my declaration to reality of having a Samsung Galaxy Y Pro DUOS through gift.
Lord, I am very grateful.
Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by Nobody: 5:38am On May 22, 2013
trae_z: im liking this phone...the Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512. Hope it's readily available everywhere now. those who've used it what are the pros and cons by your own experience?

Haha old school, he hehe. Eventually bought the phone and it was a great reintroduction back to Android. Upgraded shortly to an all touchscreen device most especially cos the battery life of this was piss poor, and the memory too.
Re: Samsung Galaxy First Dual Sim Smart Phones by luluosas(m): 6:24am On May 22, 2013
trae_z:

Haha old school, he hehe. Eventually bought the phone and it was a great reintroduction back to Android. Upgraded shortly to an all touchscreen device most especially cos the battery life of this was piss poor, and the memory too.
My brother, I'm still stucked with the phone. The memory of the phone is too bad. Don't really know why Samsung of all brand will make something like this.

(1) (Reply)

Goodnews To All AIRTEL Line Users / How To Activate Glo WTF Social Bundle Plan, Get 500mb For N100 / 6 Best HD Games For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.