Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,427 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Relocating To Canada, How? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Canada, How? (4114 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To Canada, How? by dustydee: 12:23pm On Dec 29, 2011
I wish to relocate to Canada next year. My problem is how to go about it. My profession is not on the FSW list but I intend to apply for a Job as there are a couple of open positions on the working in Canada website. My problem is how do I apply for these Jobs? what are my chances? Has anyone gone through this route? and also how long will it take to complete the process on the average? Thanks. I am a Computer Engineer.
Re: Relocating To Canada, How? by vanessara: 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2011
You can go through the Quebec Skilled worker route.
Re: Relocating To Canada, How? by SirP1: 1:17pm On Dec 29, 2011
Try to go for a Masters / Phd programme you can apply for the Experience class after working 1/2yrs after graduating
Re: Relocating To Canada, How? by dustydee: 3:15pm On Dec 29, 2011
vanessa_ra:

You can go through the Quebec Skilled worker route.
Thanks but I don't currently speak french which I believe is a criteria.
Sir P!:

Try to go for a Masters / Phd programme you can apply for the Experience class after working 1/2yrs after graduating
I am currently doing my masters in the UK and not yet decided whether I want to do a PHD. Got years of experience in Nigeria and a job that pays around 200k.
Re: Relocating To Canada, How? by ifegy: 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2011
Well, if you don't mind studying, you can come over as a student and then immigrate. The government has made it a lot easier for foreign students in Canada to get work permits, and foreign students who want to immigrate put through their applications while on a work permit. Check the Canadian government immigration for info pertaining to foreign students- the Canadian Experience Class.
Re: Relocating To Canada, How? by SirP1: 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2011
If you are not ready to do your PhD yet, explore the possibilities of a second Masters degree. If you want to relocate you either go through the education route or the FSW which isn't possible in your case
Re: Relocating To Canada, How? by dustydee: 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2011
Sir P!:

If you are not ready to do your PhD yet, explore the possibilities of a second Masters degree. If you want to relocate you either go through the education route or the FSW which isn't possible in your case
Thanks. So are you saying it is not possible to get a Job outside Canada?
Re: Relocating To Canada, How? by SirP1: 10:59pm On Dec 29, 2011
I'm not saying so, just saying its difficult
Re: Relocating To Canada, How? by dustydee: 12:05am On Dec 30, 2011
ok,now I get you.
Re: Relocating To Canada, How? by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 30, 2011
Vanessa, pls can you shed more light to the quebec skill program. Am kind of interested but couldnt figure it out.

Do i need a job offer too? how is the process like? where is the application being sent? and all other details that may deem necessary.
Awaiting your swift response.
thanks.
Re: Relocating To Canada, How? by ifegy: 10:32pm On Dec 30, 2011
@ resourse, everything about all the different modes of immigrating to Canada is laid out on the Canadian government immigration website, cic.gc.ca. The forms you need, the list of documents, etc-- it's all there. You can do it yourself-- lots of people do. By the way, you do know that Quebec is a french speaking province, right?
Re: Relocating To Canada, How? by ochukoccna: 8:09pm On Feb 11, 2012
Thanks but I don't currently speak french which I believe is a criteria.[quote][/quote]

And how long does it take to learn the language? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Relocating To Canada, How? by gel03: 11:06am On Feb 13, 2012
ochukoccna:

Thanks but I don't currently speak french which I believe is a criteria.

And how long does it take to learn the language? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Yea, u are right. it does not really take too long to learn French. if one is dedicated to it, u can learn it in 3months.
Re: Relocating To Canada, How? by vanessara: 2:08pm On May 21, 2012
You will have to learn at any alliance francise school.

(1) (Reply)

Directions To Surulere Urgently Needed / Please How Is Life In Slovakia? / The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.