Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Another Nigerian Commits Suicide - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Another Nigerian Commits Suicide (4132 Views)

Another Nigerian Girl, Kiahmarah Nwagwu Goes Missing In London [pictured] / Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments / Nursing Mother Commits Suicide After Baby Dedication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by Afam4eva(m): 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2011
His name is Diano Ovie Richy and on Sunday December 25th he threatened to take his own life on his Facebook page.

Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by vanitty: 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2011
Wow, just got goosebumps all over
A massive cry for help
Hmm what a shame.
RIP
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by Kx: 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2011
So sad.
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 29, 2011
This is one of the saddest things i have read. I went to his page and instead of reaching out and showing him love most of his friends were threatnening him with Gods curses, what kind of pple re we? No one der offered him any real help or to even go over and talk with him. There is a time to preach and there is time to act, I am so sad
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by Odunnu: 3:12pm On Dec 29, 2011
So very sad!
So so very sad!
My day's just messed up!
Sometime last year, the guy behind the username 'doesnt matter anymore' was suicidal. He started a thread about wanting to kill himself and folks here thought he was joking. Maybe if not that I took it seriously and reached out, dude would have been gone now.
I cringed with pain each time another user used it to taunt him, I felt the pain and was happy when he switched username.
After seeing a guy hang himself sometime back I take it serious when anybody threatens to do it
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2011
Odunnu:

So very sad!
So so very sad!
My day's just messed up!
Sometime last year, the guy was suicidal. He started a thread about wanting to kill himself and folks here thought he was joking. Maybe if not that I took it seriously and reached out, dude would have been gone now.
I cringed with pain each time another user used it to taunt him, I felt the pain and was happy when he switched username.
After seeing a guy hang himself sometime back I take it serious when anybody threatens to do it
God Bless you, it takes nothing to listen with empathy, not judge people but sometimes just listen, dont preach, let them shout, let them cry but let them get it out. So many pple live with failure and depression, we live in a society where pple make fun of your failures and prefer u keep quiet and die in silence with your issues. It gets reall bad sometime. I dont know what i would have done without my Dad when i went tru my personal hell on earth, I understand how someone can decide to take his or her life, I do, so i take it serriously.
I feel sad that his friends chose to preach jesus and not show him Jesus thru love, he had clearly lost his faith just like i did in d past. You just wonder if God loves you so much why then would he let you go through so much hurt ad pain. Even when you try to do right and try to do good sometimes things just dont add up.
This mans story has taken me back
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2011
His last statement said it all. I feel tears at the part where he wrote he rather take his life than be tempted to take someone elses life. What country turns its young men and women into criminals?
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by Odunnu: 3:41pm On Dec 29, 2011
Something I find rather strange is that he added friends on tuesday, but he died sunday
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by inspirenet: 4:38pm On Dec 29, 2011
It is very clear that our destinies are tied to one another.

Try to reach out to people around you, make someone happy a day at least.

Pass a message of hope, love and care. You never know how much it worth.

The mind is very broad and deep. I encourage everyone to guide and protect it always.
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2011
Odunnu:

Something I find rather strange is that he added friends on tuesday, but he died sunday
Where did u see d dates on his friendship activity?
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by Odunnu: 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2011
On his page. He had new friends on tuesday. I think someone solved it on the other thread though, he may has requested friendship from them and they added him on that day.
Thanx for the help though. I 'ppreciate
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by ifyalways(f): 8:48pm On Dec 29, 2011
@Odunnu,its possible he sent friends request to people before the unfortunate incident.If you send out friend request,the day whoever u sent it to accepts it reflects on your profile as recent activity.

@Topic very sad!
The economy is terrible.No job or future for alot of youths.Our society only recognize the affulent,the rich flaunting and flexing in the midst of the terrible poverty in the land.

Go to the Island and the in-thing now is young boys going to Malaysia to sell their kidney for 10M.horrible!
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by Odunnu: 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2011
Yea Ify thanx. Young gurls too sell their eggs for between N150 - N300k. Its terrible, but it shouldnt make anybody kill himself
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by Ivynwa(f): 7:51am On Dec 30, 2011
I wonder how whoever it is at the school that frustrated this young man and held on to his result will feel on hearing this. I don't understand that part about holding down the poor boy's result.

How I wish he has held on and exercised patience, things can still turn around even through ordinary buying and selling not necessary using his certificate. The struggle to survive is a very hard one people and we should continue to share love around to the people we meet as we all struggle on.
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by martyns303(m): 8:35am On Dec 30, 2011
Odunnu:

Yea Ify thanx. Young gurls too sell their eggs for between N150 - N300k. Its terrible, but it shouldnt make anybody kill himself

educate me if am wrong, are d eggs not that 2 flower like looking thing? their removing it and selling it?
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 30, 2011
Awwwww went to his fb page, who da helll is that Abigail and the other one that blamed Ovie for adding him as a friend if he knew he was going kill himself and also said he is in hellfire now and  for eternity? Come onnnnnn even I have got a conscience.
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by honeric01(m): 9:42am On Dec 30, 2011
This is sickening, i understand what he went through, things like this happen all the time, just that most get help from friends and family, the frustrations of life can't be over-emphasized especially in Nigeria.

Too bad you took you life, i also thought this some months back when things turned upside down for me, my mom helped me out, too bad yours were not around you to help you. i just don't know what else to say right now.

God knows best.
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by honeric01(m): 9:43am On Dec 30, 2011
Diano Ovie Richy
My xmas gift 2 u all is d news of my death. By d time u are reading this story i should ve being dead somewhere. Pple say i should get a job, save b4 achieving my enterpreneural dream. How do get a good job i can save from without my B sc result dat delsu has wickedly refused 2 issue me. I ve had failure in all aspect of life. I invested 10yrs for a Bsc yet Umukoro, Oboreh n Odirin ate it up. Any ,
See More
Share · December 25 at 1:16pm via mobile ·
Diano Ovie Richy likes this.
22 shares

Diano Ovie Richy Harriet take care.
December 25 at 1:36pm

Ese Ejohwemu Clarke omo ovie means child of a king.u v a potentials 2 b gr8 n ur unborn wil truly represent dis name. al u nid is patience n prayer.
December 25 at 1:42pm

Bernard Oghenetega Akpofi Mr Richy,hv you taken ur problem to God in prayer? If not,plz do.
December 25 at 2:03pm · 1

Governor O. Kelvin Hmmmmm,,,,,,,stp complianing GOD is incontrol, he knows de best, and his time is de best when his time comes nobody can stop u , BE PETIENCE
December 25 at 2:34pm

Agbro Aghogho Emma D lyrics of a song i heard,goes lik dis"maybe d reason why all d doors are closed,is so dat u open 1 dat leads u 2d perfect light,jst ignite a spark in u n let it shine.d reason y u r alive n nt dead is because wen theres life,theres hope,but wen u giv up den its ova.quitters dnt win n winners dnt quit.many great men were sch dropouts, u r a great man,dnt giv up.
December 25 at 2:52pm

Pricelessjewels Magasine Don't give up ön God cos he won't give up on u he's able.
December 25 at 4:08pm

Edward Abigail ‎@ovie,al dis story way u dey give na fake.i knw u wel.God dey watch u.rededicate ur self.
December 25 at 4:17pm

Imirhe Ochuko Julia By d time u all will be reading dis Ovie is already DEAD
December 26 at 8:19am

Osaghae Nehikhare ‎@How Come no body Informed me of dis Posting,i did not open my FB Page that yesterday evening,i would have tried contacting his Family to go down to the house,and check him out,and take him home to be with his Family members.Well,the Ways of God are not that of Man,God knows Best.
December 26 at 10:45am

Osaghae Nehikhare Or Contact Christain his Friend and Room mate in the Same house,to down to the House to meet him.Though Christan did not Sleep in the House that Yesterday,he was with his Family members Enjoying the Christmas.Like i said the Ways of God are not the Ways of Man,God Knows Best why it Happened.
December 26 at 10:48am

Edward Abigail am nt hapi.ovie wht u did is bad.how wil i see sum 1 like u?
December 26 at 10:48am

Ogbodu Jonathan May His Soul Rest In Peace. Ado Ovie Daino Richie
December 26 at 11:14am

Akpomughe Vivian Jite Ovie i will miss u so much and no one on dis earth can ever fill d vacum dat u ve created in my heart, rest in peace my gud friend.
December 26 at 12:25pm

Governor O. Kelvin ‎@Jite, is ovie dead?
December 26 at 2:38pm

Anyasi Andrew They cant insult d dead, so postpone till d last day. NB: u fall our hand
December 26 at 2:42pm

Eloho Blessing Eyoboka ‎;(Why why why ooh whyam just so pained, ;(
December 26 at 4:24pm

Eloho Blessing Eyoboka Pls tel me dis isnt true
December 26 at 4:26pm

Emmanuel Egwuenu Another defeated soul at the gate of destiny. Beaten to and fro by the battles of life. And finally overpower by d battles of life.

Am not crying cos u were deafted by the battles of life but am crying becos of what awaits u at the other side. R.I.P
December 26 at 6:01pm

Akpomughe Vivian Jite ‎@ Governor, its true i confirmed it from his sis and she said he has been buried, i dont want to believe dat Ovie is now six feet below its so painful.
December 26 at 7:18pm · 1

Bernard Oghenetega Akpofi Ovie Richy Diano, may ur soul rest in PEACE.Anyway,U took a very wrong decision by taking ur own life which God gave 2 you.
Tuesday at 7:35am

Faith Arthur ovie richy diano its so unfortunate dat u hav to take ur life. Anyway God knows best.May ur gentle soul rest in perfect peace amen.
Tuesday at 7:49am

Ashiofu Isaac Y did u do ds
Wednesday at 4:54am · 1

Bernard Oghenetega Akpofi Ovie Richy Diano,if U know U are going to commit suicide?Why did U send me friendship request on facebk.I know,U can hear me 4rm HELL FIRE where U are now and 4 eternity.
15 hours ago

Bernard Oghenetega Akpofi Ovie Richy Diano,if U know U are going to commit suicide?Why did U send me friendship request on facebk.I know,U can hear me 4rm HELL FIRE where U are now and 4 eternity.
15 hours ago
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 30, 2011
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by ayusman16(m): 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2011
I think he is a coward for not having the guts to face life. There are plenty with worse stories but eventually made it. He is/was stil young.
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by tunnytox(m): 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2011
He's a coward SMH 'Eni ija o ba lo n pe ara e lokunrin'
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by honeric01(m): 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2011
ayusman16:

I think he is a coward for not having the guts to face life. There are plenty with worse stories but eventually made it. He is/was stil young.

you obviously do not know what cowardice entails, it's so easy to use words when you do not know what they mean.
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by otokx(m): 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2011
Hell is hot and dark so said some preacher but this guy has no excuse; people are making it without university degrees.
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by ayusman16(m): 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2011
honeric01:

you obviously do not know what cowardice entails, it's so easy to use words when you do not know what they mean.

There is no justification for his act. You are only a failure when you admit there is no hope. Some peeps have experienced worse. So I say again he was a coward cos he took the easy way out.

You entitle to you own opinion.
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by Mustay(m): 4:14pm On Dec 30, 2011
@Odunnu, those 'friends' actually just accepted his friend request on Tuesday. That's why one of 'em queried why the guy would send him a friend request when he knew he was gonna kill himself.

Personally, my views on suicide is that it's a lame excuse to face your problems but this continues to show our attitude towards mental health and use of psychiatric hospitals.
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by honeric01(m): 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2011
ayusman16:

There is no justification for his act. You are only a failure when you admit there is no hope. Some peeps have experienced worse. So I say again he was a coward cos he took the easy way out.

You entitle to you own opinion.

\

you psychology and his aren't the same, what you can bear and what he can bear can't be the same either but that does not make him a coward. you could be the type that can run a 10 meters race while he could run 20 meters, would that make you a coward for not meeting up to the task of out-running him?

Patience is a virtue, endurance is also a virtue, it's not automatic and lack of these attributes do not make you a coward nor weak.
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by Mustay(m): 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2011
He wrote a comment that he's no longer afraid to die which is the society we're breeding of suicide bombers who feel there's something to die for. .
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 30, 2011
How sad! I read his cry for help on his page (because that's what it was). And some really unkind comments. Some people have not a single shred of empathy in them. How can any human being not be touched by this young man's end? Reading his post brought tears to my eyes.

Some called him a coward, because he chose to end his life. That's debateable - it takes a heck of a lot of courage to end your life, because unlike other actions we may take in life, there's no going back.

May his young soul rest in perfect peace, and may God grant those left behind the courage to bear the void his demise has created.
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by r231(m): 12:03am On Dec 31, 2011
wow

so sad

may his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by tpia5: 1:17am On Dec 31, 2011
Like i asked previously, is there any evidence the man is actually dead and this isnt a scam?

Fstranger and a few other nlers have opened threads in the past saying they were about to kill themselves- people sympathized with them until they showed the ugly side of their characters and it became obvious they just took everyone for mugus all along.

Dont underestimate these hacker scammers. They are a very determined and devious set of people always looking for ways to play on people's emotions and intelligence.

Those are money makers once you find the right key.
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by tpia5: 1:22am On Dec 31, 2011
Of course if the boy actually did kill himself then that's unfortunate and very sad.

But for now i'll remain cautious.

I remember having an argument with aisha when she was still here, some years back when she also threatened suicide at a time when suicide groups were very common on the internet.

Suicide websites typically consist of members who encourage others to commit suicide- sometimes as a group.

Whoever is running the scenes behind these sites of course remains alive and in secret.
Re: Another Nigerian Commits Suicide by doctokwus: 6:13pm On Dec 31, 2011
Dnt bliv he killed himself,it wudnt b difficult to trace his address& verify& so far no confirmation of that,I think its a sick gimmick that may backfire on him later in life

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Married Women Keep Unmarried Friends? / Inspiring Quotes For Families: / Would It Be Wise To Marry This Kind Of Person ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.