Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Central Bank And The Cashless Lagos Policy. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Central Bank And The Cashless Lagos Policy. (1378 Views)

I Think The Cashless Policy Will Reduce Armed Robbery. Do You Think So Too? / How Can I Take Advantage Of The Cashless Society Policy? / When Will The Cashless Lagos Commence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Central Bank And The Cashless Lagos Policy. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2011
According to the Central bank, Lagos is supposed to go cashless from January 2012 but when you go to Alaba and talk to a trader there, they tell you they haven't heard about it and they don't even know what a POS machine is. I like to know what you think about this policy and do you think it will work considering the fact that bank will know be charging individuals for any transaction over 150k and Organization for transactions above 1m. undecided
I think that's straight up dumb and we're simply not ready for something like that.
Re: Central Bank And The Cashless Lagos Policy. by Kx: 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2011
Typical Lamido policy.
We go do siddon look
Re: Central Bank And The Cashless Lagos Policy. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2011
I'm hating that dude mehn! He's just messing everything up.
Re: Central Bank And The Cashless Lagos Policy. by Mustay(m): 11:50pm On Dec 30, 2011
The withdrawal limit seemed to push the mobile money stuff to the background. The stuff is that CBN did not do enough enlightenment campaigns and one week to the commencement, they're announcing to Lagosians in conjunction with LASG that citizens should co operate. What I however observe is lack of partnership with the mobile operators and when you think of how these operators do experience 'down time' and our infrastructure facilities + a scenario where NEPA officials can down tools because they're aggrieved or don't want biometric tests. . . Hmm
Two cases come to mind:
1. For VTUs, some times the recharge card salesperson can be embarrassed that the network has -ish and either refund your money or sell printed cards to you.

2. GTBank's 'downtime' during the hols where all customers had their money trapped due to the fire incident at their processing centre was a classic example of service failure and response rate per incident.

Change has its issues but if the stakeholders have the satisfaction of CUSTOMERS at the forefront, Lagos should be able to wipe with the blips.
Re: Central Bank And The Cashless Lagos Policy. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2011
I hope it works but chances are slim considering the fact that we do not have stable electricity and internet service is still expensive. Those are two requisites for e-payment.
Re: Central Bank And The Cashless Lagos Policy. by kaysy(m): 10:43pm On Jan 01, 2012
I love this cashless policy thing, infact i give thumbs up to CBN and LASG. You guys need to see the way some dudes abuse our money. talk of publicity? it has been circulating since about Sept 2011, anyone who says they don't know may simply be telling lies after all they are entitled to their own opinions, then the alaba thing, not knowing what a POS machine is, the truth is that even when u make education free in naija people will still not want to go to school, they are never ready to learn in an amicable way, they just loved to be forced to do things that will eventually benefit their own lives. lets just try and understand our Govt, i smell a very good Nigeria in future, atleast if not for us, it will be for our children.

thank God they are just talking about it now, me i've gone cashless since abt a year now
i have the internet banking service where i make transfers from my GTBank account to GTB & Others
i have the GTMobile service where i use to recharge my phones.

i hardly handle cash except when the necessary needs arises.

please it a very good thing abeg, atleast there will be less rubbery like breaking and entry
Re: Central Bank And The Cashless Lagos Policy. by Mustay(m): 7:21am On Jan 02, 2012
You're making a blanket assumption.

1. As someone who follows the media frequently, I can reliably tell you that awareness has been next to zero in terms of enlightenment etc. I'm not going to assume that because I visit websites etc, my view represents that of Baba Jimoh at Ojuelegba. It's just during the Christmas break that LASG and CBN started 'ringing Lasgosians' bells'.

2. It seems you've not heard of thieves taking you to the ATM to withdraw and give them money yourself! Electronic fraud would surely increase just as the yahoo boys and those 'promo' boys do.

(1) (Reply)

Newly Impoerted UK Used Monitors @ Give Away Pricss / How Reliable Is Diamond Holiday Travel DHT Networking Programe? / Sure Bet9ja Booking Games For All To Play

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.