Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

NetBook Or Laptop: Which Should I Get? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / NetBook Or Laptop: Which Should I Get? (1290 Views)

Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? / Palmtop Or Laptop Which One Is The Best / The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NetBook Or Laptop: Which Should I Get? by eben28(m): 3:29pm On Jan 01, 2012
My brodas, pls I need your advice on what to buy-- notebook or laptop. I learnt that notebook is incapable of running some softwares and programmes and that it cannot perform heavy work like photo editing and others. I dont really like laptop cos of the size and weight. Pls any advice and recommendation from you all will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: NetBook Or Laptop: Which Should I Get? by Maleeq(m): 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2012
Correction: Its "netbooks"

Now, the choice should be advised by your needs. A netbook should basically be used to surf the Web, compose e-mails, do light office tasks, and play music or videos but not much more. A netbook is basically a much smaller and stripped-down version of a laptop. Netbooks (usually) offer greater portability at the cost of slower processors, less memory, smaller hard drives, smaller screens and keyboards, and the lack of an optical drive. For these reasons, netbooks are generally cheaper than laptops.

If you are into applications that are resource mongers (video editing, CAD, and a host of others), dont even think of getting a netbook.

If its size of the laptops that  is your primary concern, there a decent 12" - 14" laptops you can get.
Re: NetBook Or Laptop: Which Should I Get? by eben28(m): 8:41am On Jan 02, 2012
thanks maleeq, i'm very grateful for your reply. I've decided to go for notebook. Heard of hp 630 but its 5400rpm is low compared to standard 7200rpm. This is the only thing I dislike about this machine but the price is ok. Can I still go it? Also there are some notebooks with AMD. What is the difference btw dis and INTEL. Thanks
Re: NetBook Or Laptop: Which Should I Get? by limitbreka: 12:26pm On Jan 02, 2012
My advise, forget netbook, go for a laptop. if portability is ur prob, get a 12inch laptop
Re: NetBook Or Laptop: Which Should I Get? by eben28(m): 1:05pm On Jan 02, 2012
@limitbreaker, pls wat system type do you have in mind? Do u know any thing about the hp 630? Thanks
Re: NetBook Or Laptop: Which Should I Get? by limitbreka: 11:11pm On Jan 03, 2012
I dont know much about HP Laptops. in fact! I dont like HP products. Im not saying their products r bad, but i prefer Samsung or Toshiba

(1) (Reply)

Is Glo Bolt Actually Faster Than Net Pro / 5 Most Useless Websites On The Internet / Want To Buy A Core I5 Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.