Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) (24296 Views)

InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars / Little Known Car Fuel Wasters And Fuel Saving Tips / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by atasteve: 6:04am On Jan 03, 2012
Oga Inspired and my Ogas thanks for the tips, please more tips.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by goldng: 6:05am On Jan 03, 2012
Nice tips,
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by ignis: 6:11am On Jan 03, 2012
Very good
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by Sicherheit(m): 6:29am On Jan 03, 2012
Nice one inspired motors, the message is timely.

I remember Fhemmy motors also had a video on this.

[flash=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9rC2EyCqxE?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

I had also posted this video on that thread too

Sicherheit:

FUEL ECONOMY

Video shows how driving style can affect MPG and offers tips on how to improve fuel economy

[flash=560,340]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oro2Usn6P0g?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

No matter where you drive, there are some simple things you can do now to increase your fuel economy:

First, check your tire pressure regularly. Just one psi under-inflated can reduce fuel economy by 3%.

Second, get the junk out of the trunk. Those golf clubs, mega-size toolkits and bags of traction salt are forcing your engine to work harder than it should.

Keep your car tuned up. A well-maintained car will run more efficiently.

And finally, commit to driving less often. Carpool to work or school, and consider walking or biking for short trips.

Getting the most economy out of your car just makes sense, and the rewards go way beyond mere dollars and cents. Driving smart is a decision that we all can live with. So, step off the gas, and take a stride towards efficient motoring!

Disclaimer - This video was not made by me, I found it on a State Public Service Website that provides free videos for download.

Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by ratiken(m): 6:46am On Jan 03, 2012
The guys whose fustration will make this country ungovernable don't have access to the internet and as such are not on this forum. We can rant and talk all we want bt reality will be staring us in the face shortly. Dis new development is nt sustainable for over 75% of Nigerian , only less than 10% of nigerians are ignorant of such forum , Ur tips and opinions are so unpopular , Time shall tell bt Nigerians shud be ready
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by iykak47: 6:50am On Jan 03, 2012
The price of fuel  is 140 naira per litre now, my question is, are Nigerians going to pay more whenever Opec increases the price in the international market? If the answer is in the affirmative it means wahala de.
It be like say man pikin pocket needs to be HEAVIER before comfirming ticket back to Naija.
With all these problems in Naija, Sometimes i ask myself if its really true that ''no place like home''.  embarassed
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by member67023: 6:58am On Jan 03, 2012
The average Nigerian must survive.
Get ready for amazing inventions that will overcome this ugly situation. I trust those Aba and Nnewi folks.

Overall, cost-cutting measures will be the order of the day.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by victorazy(m): 7:15am On Jan 03, 2012
CHECK UR SILENCER "EXHAUST PIPE" FOR LICKAGE
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by dayokanu(m): 7:24am On Jan 03, 2012
Fuel saving tips for generators
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by alexleo(m): 7:32am On Jan 03, 2012
How foolish Nigerians reason. Instead of pushing for how to make government do what is right you are here providing a selfish solution. If s u save fuel for your car how about hike in prices of other goods and services? Foolish Nigerians pls stop this your selfishness. It has not helped u all these years.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by member67023: 7:35am On Jan 03, 2012
dayokanu:

Fuel saving tips for generators
Live life without the damn generator.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by victorazy(m): 7:47am On Jan 03, 2012
@ alexleo: ur d most foolish person in NL cuz ur in a wrong place or maybe u can't read and if u can read u don't understand. What is d discussion all about, not car? U little rat because ur using I pass my neighbor for house ur looking for help, plz put am water. Pay ur PHCN bill or go and buy solar panel and invarter is in d market I have mine.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by EagleNest(m): 7:52am On Jan 03, 2012
In as much as I like the content of this tread however I think it's pre-mature to start adjusting b/c we have not even gone to the street to protest our displeasure. Are we that gullible that we are already agreeing?
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by dmainboss: 7:52am On Jan 03, 2012
On one hand, the removal of fuel subsidy is going to be painfull and though I support it, I must admit, it aint funny. But on the other hand, I think one big lesson we will learn from this is that Nigerians are the most wasteful people in the world. We need to get our government to be accountable but we need to also get ourselves to be accountable. One reason why our government is not accountable is simply that they are Nigerians. Before they got into government, they were living their lives without accountability. They aint going to change just because they are now government officials. Here is a list of examples of how we live our lives without accountability:

1. Nigerians dont budget. It is so bad. When my brother was in Ghana, he observed that people buy fuel based on the mileage they make. They buy fuel in litres. In Nigeria, people just buy fuel arbitrarily. Most times, they buy without even considering what they really need. In other areas of their lives, the same attitude applies. We do not budget in Nigeria.
2. Nigerians show off too much. Every human being in the world has a tendency to show off one time or the other but Nigerians have redefined the word. That is why a Nigerian goes out and buys bottles of beers for all his friends. I have seen boys waste thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands in one night, just like that. All their friends hail them and they stu.pi.dly go on a spending spree. A friend's brother who was working in Russia, on his way back to Nigeria, made a stop in the Uk and went out with 6 friends. At the bar, he went and bought 6 bottles of beer and was taking it down to his friends to the amazement of all in the pub. Cause they were wondering how he was going to drink 6 bottles in one swoop. They didnt even realise he was buying for all his 6 friends, because thats not normal in places like that. In Lagos, these so called poor masses will throw parties where they spend hundreds of thousands. They will call it 8 days namimg or 3 months whatever or 1 year party and so on. They will tell you that not doing it is like a disgrace.

3. Have you noticed that in Nigeria, when you need money for business or school fees, nobody will answer you but when you ask the same people for money for burial ceremony of say, your parents, the money will start to flow. Nigerians only give for burial and marriages.

4. Nigerians have a mantra that if you have it, you got to spend it. I told someone the other day who said many Nigerians are suffering that the only people suffering in Nigeria are young graduates still looking for job, junior staff civil servants and the very very low class people like almajiris and very low peasant farmers in the village. All the artisans who complain they ar very poor drink at least 2 or 3 bottles of beer everyday. I have been to practically half of Nigeria and the story is the same. Nigerians spend an average of N500 to party everyday. If you have it, you got to save it and invest it not spend it

5. It is only in Nigeria where you see people having 3 or four cars that they dont use. Please I am not talking about politicians. Half the friends around me, most people on my street have like 2 or 3 cars. In my church, many people have multiple cars. Please it is fact. They have cars they dont need. They buy things they dont need.

6. An average fast food now cost around N900 for a simple meal of fried rice and chicken and people still patronize them. The last time I went to tantalizers. I was livid. All fast foods sell grilled chiken for around N550. That chicken cost less than N100 and they sell it that high and we go there and pay for it. It is insane. But the fact is, we do it because we dont want to be seen as not up to it.

7. Lagos is the worst place of all. In Lagos, public transporters can just increase their prices arbitrarily and when you refuse to pay, another so called poor man or member of the masses will come from behind and jump into the bus and tell you he is in a hurry. Or he will tell you that there is nothing he can  do and that you should pay because you are bigger than that. Our Naija mentality na wa sef!
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by jerryben12: 7:59am On Jan 03, 2012
Drive less

Reduce your driving. Combine trips when possible. Car pool with your friends and colleagues when you are going to close destinations.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by jaybee3(m): 8:00am On Jan 03, 2012
dmainboss:

1.  friend's brother who was working in Russia, on his way back to Nigeria, made a stop in the Uk and went out with 6 friends. At the bar, he went and bought 6 bottles of beer and was taking it down to his friends to the amazement of all in the pub. Cause they were wondering how he was going to drink 6 bottles in one swoop. They didnt even realise he was buying for all his 6 friends, because thats not normal in places like that.

I doubt that's the case bro. It's not unusual for people to buy the rounds when in a pub. It happens all the time when out with friends. It's simply the norm
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by jerryben12: 8:05am On Jan 03, 2012
Employers, please give your employees options of working from home a few days a week. This will reduce their weekly fuel costs.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by dmainboss: 8:15am On Jan 03, 2012
jay bee:

I doubt that's the case bro. It's not unusual for people to buy the rounds when in a pub. It happens all the time when out with friends. It's simply the norm

Completely disagree. It is only normal with Nigerians. You buy your own drink when you go out. Once in a while, a friend could foot the bill and tell you its on me, but that is not a normal drill. My guy, you move too much with other Nigerians. Oyibos dont think like that. In Europe and even most African countries, your girl friend can take you out and when both of you go out, you pay for your drinks separately. That is why South African and Kenya girls like Nigerian boys. We always foot the bill even when we have to borrow to pay.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by Cogent: 8:32am On Jan 03, 2012
6. An average fast food now cost around N900 for a simple meal of fried rice and chicken and people still patronize them. The last time I went to tantalizers. I was livid. All fast foods sell grilled chiken for around N550. That chicken cost less than N100 and they sell it that high and we go there and pay for it. It is insane. But the fact is, we do it because we dont want to be seen as not up to it.

This one.
This one makes me so angry. The constant exploitation by fast foods and the refusal of Nigerians to quit patronizing them.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by member67023: 8:48am On Jan 03, 2012
Is it possible to put a bicycle engine in my 4X4 jeep?
So I can cycle my jeep from lagos to abuja without refueling. LOL. grin
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by benz33(m): 9:25am On Jan 03, 2012
I love this, we can also make use of FUEL SAVER OR BOOSTER this will not only save you money.It will also boost your engine performance. We sell them too u can reach me on 08051744119, vantagelinkmarketing@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by pannyman(m): 9:27am On Jan 03, 2012
dmainboss, I agree with you. Nigerians make such irrational purchases and try to justify them. For instance there is this man in my church. He lives in a BQ with his family and drives a '98 Camry. That's ok. He recently bought a Sienna for his wife and brought it to the church for prayers. I thought he would be more concerned with moving into a house of his own, but that is a Nigerian for you.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by nissparts(m): 9:36am On Jan 03, 2012
I hear BRT fares increased by 300%.
Those buses run on diesel and not petrol.
That says it all.
Nigeria's biggest problem is it's citizens' eagerness to do harm and oppress one another
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by dmainboss: 9:39am On Jan 03, 2012
pannyman:

dmainboss, I agree with you. Nigerians make such irrational purchases and try to justify them. For instance there is this man in my church. He lives in a BQ with his family and drives a '98 Camry. That's ok. He recently bought a Sienna for his wife and brought it to the church for prayers. I thought he would be more concerned with moving into a house of his own, but that is a Nigerian for you.

Hahahaha! Classic Lagos Story! I have a friend who used to drive a bmw 7 series but didnt have a house. His clothes were always in his boot. I advised him to sell it and buy a cheaper car and he told me I was talking like one of his enemies. Today he treks. I know several popular music artists who have nada but wear all sorts of bling and fake around. They dont have any accommodation. One of them I know, will cover his face with a baseball hat just to get around. lol
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by dmainboss: 9:42am On Jan 03, 2012
nissparts:

I hear BRT fares increased by 300%.
Those buses run on diesel and not petrol.
That says it all.
Nigeria's biggest problem is it's citizens' eagerness to do harm and oppress one another

If this is true, then this is alarming because this is a state government business and there is no increase in diesel price. If they can increase their price fraudulently, then what do they expect private transporters who actually use fuel to do? Fashola is turning out to be the worst dictator in Nigeria!
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by maxani: 9:54am On Jan 03, 2012
It is very unfortunate this is happening. Bad timing and bad method. Those in authority should understand that its not very easy to believe a system of

leadership that has deceived the people and robbed the nation blind and deaf! for the better part of our staggering in the woods of development like a drunk in the dark!. Trust is the last thing most Nigerians have at the moment.

Can the political class tell us the basis for our "enduring the temporary hardship" of the removal of fuel subsidy as guaranteed by those implementing the fuel subsidy removal?

Looking beyond the immediate mess, the removal of fuel subsidy may have its positive sides and long term advantage. However, It is just not easy( if at

all possible) to trust a leadership that has failed to provide electricity, adequate healthcare and refine enough oil products for its citizens to use for over

50 years. How do we know whatever "proceeds" come from this program will not be "swallowed like the other funds? Let the political class show some

example by dropping the unbelievable allowances and bonuses they apportion themselves first. Let the government deal with the huge chunk of the

national budget that sinks into running the presidency and serving the politicians and leaking out through over-infalated contracts! why should

restructuring start with the already poor masses!?? There's got to be a better way around this. If we sit down and talk crap all day without standing up

and demanding something better, then we're in trouble! Nigerians should let the leaders know that power is with the people!! we don't

want war but lets take a lesson or two from syria, egypt, libya, and other places where people have "occupied" to make a change. Nigerians, enough of

these "i no wan die philosophy and take some action! it does not have to be bloody. I hope all our musicians singing about "shaking your budy" will sing

something against petrol subsidy operation too.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by maxani: 9:57am On Jan 03, 2012
It is very unfortunate this is happening. Bad timing and bad method. Those in authority should understand that its not very easy to believe a system of

leadership that has deceived the people and robbed the nation blind and deaf! for the better part of our staggering in the woods of development like a drunk in the dark!. Trust is the last thing most Nigerians have at the moment.

Can the political class tell us the basis for our "enduring the temporary hardship" of the removal of fuel subsidy as guaranteed by those implementing the fuel subsidy removal?

Looking beyond the immediate mess, the removal of fuel subsidy may have its positive sides and long term advantage. However, It is just not easy( if at

all possible) to trust a leadership that has failed to provide electricity, adequate healthcare and refine enough oil products for its citizens to use for over

50 years. How do we know whatever "proceeds" come from this program will not be "swallowed like the other funds? Let the political class show some

example by dropping the unbelievable allowances and bonuses they apportion themselves first. Let the government deal with the huge chunk of the

national budget that sinks into running the presidency and serving the politicians and leaking out through over-infalated contracts! why should

restructuring start with the already poor masses!?? There's got to be a better way around this. If we sit down and talk crap all day without standing up

and demanding something better, then we're in trouble! Nigerians should let the leaders know that power is with the people!! we don't

want war but lets take a lesson or two from syria, egypt, libya, and other places where people have "occupied" to make a change. Nigerians, enough of

these "i no wan die philosophy and take some action! it does not have to be bloody. I hope all our musicians singing about "shaking your budy" will sing

something against petrol subsidy operation too.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by jaybee3(m): 10:25am On Jan 03, 2012
dmainboss:

Completely disagree. It is only normal with Nigerians. You buy your own drink when you go out. Once in a while, a friend could foot the bill and tell you its on me, but that is not a normal drill. My guy, you move too much with other Nigerians. Oyibos dont think like that. In Europe and even most African countries, your girl friend can take you out and when both of you go out, you pay for your drinks separately. That is why South African and Kenya girls like Nigerian boys. We always foot the bill even when we have to borrow to pay.

The key point here is:

jay bee:

I doubt that's the case bro. It's not unusual for people to buy the [b]rounds [/b]when in a pub. It happens all the time when out with friends. It's simply the norm

I was only doubting your claimed fact that people in the pub looked amazed when the dude ordered 6 glasses of beer.
So you know, we all take turns to provide the rounds for the drinking buddy so nothing exceptional with one of the buddy carrying 6 glasses when it could have simply been his own turn to do the round.
gerrit now?
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by tp2cool: 10:30am On Jan 03, 2012
Be patient on the roads. Try coasting more often i.e. Maintaining a smooth constant driving speed. Avoid rev-ing your engine too often. These tips can help too.
Re: Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) by jaybee3(m): 10:32am On Jan 03, 2012
Dump the Gas guzzlers and erase the big man big cars mentality
Buy fuel efficient cars

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? / Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? / Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.