Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,580 members, 7,958,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:49 AM

The Mormons Also Believe The Bible Is Corrupted - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mormons Also Believe The Bible Is Corrupted (641 Views)

The Evil Spirit That Corrupted Lucifer (satan's) Mind; Where Did It Come From? / Thread For Mormons / Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mormons Also Believe The Bible Is Corrupted by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 03, 2012
”From the very beginning, Mormons said the Bible is unreliable, even though it is used by them and they lay claim to being biblical. The eighth Article of Faith in Mormonism states, “We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly.

Mormonism, in reality needs an unreliable Bible because the Bible contradicts almost all of Mormonism’s doctrines and practices ( just like the Bible contradicts all of Islam's doctrines and practices - My own words ) , Mormons are taught that the Catholic Church corrupted the texts so that the Bible cannot always be trusted. This means that when you share your faith with Mormons, whenever a passage from the Bible contradicts their belief, they will think that passage is one of the places in which the text of the Bible has been corrupted.” [Counterfeits At Your Door, James Bjornstad page 104-105, Regal Books 1979]

This is a Hallmark of all false religions, they deceptively mention the bible, only so far as they can twist some verses out of it to suit their purpose. Where this is blatantly not possible, they call is corrupted.

Islam , Mormonism and a host of other false cult systems have more in common than many of us care to believe.
Re: The Mormons Also Believe The Bible Is Corrupted by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2012
[size=13pt]frosbel what are u trying to fabricate even ? You can't go against the truth no mater the so many lies you've prepared to defend the Christian law book . honestly speaking u quit know that the bible wasn't written by God that u guys claimed he exist somewhere describes as heaven -- Can't u see with your eyes or use your brain to understand that everything about Christianity is invisible and words that doesn't even have enough back-up for proves? grin grin better wake up now that there's still time and open your eyes wide .

The bible you are talking about was written by some set of people , they only planned the authoring so wrong from the beginning even this the same bible have been edited over and over again but still , we still found clearly errors , big lies and other stolen histories from other source of religions or believes from around the World .

One funny thing about u Christians is that , u are so stubborn-- i mean very stubborn set of people with your belief even seeing u are wrong u still think u can cheat nature . . . grin
[/size]
Re: The Mormons Also Believe The Bible Is Corrupted by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2012
Mormons, atheists , Islamists , Seventh day adventists, all have one things in common - Heathen !! grin grin
Re: The Mormons Also Believe The Bible Is Corrupted by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:35pm On Jan 03, 2012
[size=13pt]You have said it all here dear. . . .they're one big heathendom family but the only the i hate is when seeing them claiming right while they're wrong ^^ grin grin [/size]

frosbel:

Mormons, atheists , Islamists , Seventh day adventists, all have one things in common - Heathen !! grin grin
Re: The Mormons Also Believe The Bible Is Corrupted by debosky(m): 2:44pm On Jan 03, 2012
I agree in principle with the caveat over translation - if the original meaning is lost then you may no longer be dealing with the true Word of God. I don't think any Christian would disagree with this.

However, where is is stated in the Mormon creed (or elsewhere) that the bible is unreliable?
Re: The Mormons Also Believe The Bible Is Corrupted by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:52pm On Jan 03, 2012
between Angel Moroni (AKA Mumuni) and The Scientologists I am hard pressed to choose the most buffoonish
Re: The Mormons Also Believe The Bible Is Corrupted by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 03, 2012
debosky:

I agree in principle with the caveat over translation - if the original meaning is lost then you may no longer be dealing with the true Word of God. I don't think any Christian would disagree with this.

However, where is is stated in the Mormon creed (or elsewhere) that the bible is unreliable?

I had a pair of very young and gifted Canadian Mormons come you my house in the UK a few years back.

I was going to invite them into the house to have some tea and discuss their religion on one condition ONLY, we use the Bible. They refused.

They insisted on using the Book of Mormons , while I stuck to my bible stance.

We kindly parted ways.

You can research their belief system on Google, but suffice me to say that their understanding of God and Christ is even worse than the case of ISLAM.

God and Christ are all created beings they say and had sexual relations with associated offspring, this is just a tip of the iceberg.
Re: The Mormons Also Believe The Bible Is Corrupted by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:36pm On Jan 04, 2012
[size=13pt]The bible is a book everybody need to be careful about ---- cool cool[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Was Gsm Used And Carried Around During The Days Of Christ? / Rome And Peter: They Are Following The Wrong Rock / Unveiling Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.