Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) (70458 Views)

Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy / Somali Religion & Mythology / The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 1:26am On Feb 13, 2008
This point has been cited because of the philosophical concept that's fundamental to the beginning of JUDAEO-CHRISTIAN-ISLAMIC THEOSOPHY and GRAECO-ROMANO ["Western"] CIVILIZATION, all of which can be underscored as being from the teachings of Pharaoh Amenhotep IV of the XVIIth Dynasty, ca. 1370–1353 B.C.E., who is otherwise more popularly known as Akhenaten. In this regards the following from an "ARMANA PAPYRUS," attributed to Pharaoh Akhenaten, states:
When you set in the Western horizon of heaven
The world is in darkness like the dead
Every lion comes forward from his den
The serpents all sting, and darkness reigns.

Light falls over the earth when you rise in the horizon
The two lands are in daily festival
Then all over the world they do toil.

How fruitful are your works!
They are hidden from our presence.
Oh my only God, whose powers no other has.
You alone created the earth as you desired, and alone:
All that are upon the earth.
We now see the plagiarism and distortion of this African's teaching in the following from what has been labeled "PSALM 104" in the Hebrew HOLY TORAH or OLD TESTAMENT, which has no existence before 700 B.C.E. when its FIRST BOOK/GENESIS, was published. Of course, I am copying the Old English usage of which most of us are familiar; thus:
Thou makest darkness and it is night,
Wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep forth;
The young lions roar after their prey; they seek their
meat from God,

The sun ariseth, they get them away
And lay them down in their dens.
Man goeth forth unto his work
And to his labour until the evening,

Oh Lord, how manifold are thy works!
In wisdom has thou made them all;
The earth is full of creatures.

I suggest an examination of Barbara Mertz' Temples, Tombs and Hieroglyphs: The Story of Egyptology, page 237, for an exciting evaluation of what is implied here between these two quotes. Mertz could only conclude that the Hebrew writers plagiarization of the Africans' work came from a ", literary tradition which flourished throughout the Near East, " that covered an extensive period of time. Of course the term "Near East," by itself, is nebulous actually citing not a solitary piece of specific geography. Yet this is typical of "Western Scholarship" in reference to contemporary African scholars, and more so those of antiquity.

What I have just read for you came from the contents of a series of papyri, one such named "THE HYMN OF ATON," etc.

Let me cite two more parallels in the same context supportive of the forgone. One of the basic tenets of Judaism's doctrines is found in the FIRST BOOK OF MOSES, which is equally called GENESIS. Thus from Chapter I, Verses 26–27 the following:
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. , So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him.
Continuing the "creation of man" episode GENESIS, Chapter V, Verse 1 recites:
In the day God created man; in the likeness of God made he him. ,
GENESIS, Chapter 9, Verse 6, and CORINTHIAN, Chapter 11, Verse 7, etc., both deals with this "CREATION STORY" dating back to a work from the Xth Dynasty, ca. 3249 B.C.E., or OLD KINGDOM PERIOD, which was more than 1,574 years before the birth of the first Hebrew or Jew—ABRAHAM—in ca. 1775 B.C.E. For it is GOD RÉ, commonly referred by "Western Academicians" as the so-called "SUN GOD RÉ," whom the Nile Valley "MYSTERIES SYSTEM" taught first described "MAN" in said type of "CREATION"; thus:
They [meaning mankind] are his likeness who have come forth from his [RÉ] body.
In the XXVth Dynasty, cs. 729 B.C.E., the Ethiopian Period, other writings related to this were commonplace. As such Pharaoh Taharqa's sister, Shepenwepet, is described as being:
, the image of God Ré. ,
At this juncture the GOD of Egypt is also of the rest of the entire Nile Valley—from Uganda or Punt in the far south of Central Africa/Alkebu-lan all the way north to the Great Sea / Sea of Sais of Mediterranean that washes the northern coast of Egypt's boundary of North Africa, etc. Included between these two extreme points, of at least 4100 statue miles, were Itiopi or Ethiopia, Old Meröe or Meröwe, and Ta-Nehisi of Sudan, etc.

[b]In my research, down through the past four [4] decades, I have only encountered one term for the philosophical and theosophical concept of the "DEITY" or "GOD" among the Nile Valley Africans of antiquity; that is:
THE GOOD SHEPHERD OF THE PEOPLE.
I have also noted that the Haribu, or Jews, adopted this from their African teachers and attributed it to their DEITY or GOD they called "YWH" of "JEHOVAH," which we find in their BOOK OF ISAIAH, Chapter 31, Verse 11. I will quote from each according to its chronological order stated in my presentation; thus:
"He [God or Jehovah] shall feed his flock like a shepherd; "Hear the word of the Lord, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him as a shepherd doth his flock' "For thus sayeth the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out. As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep. , "
Note that as far back into the FIRST INTERMEDIATE PERIOD, otherwise the XIth–XIVth Dynasties, or ca. 2152–1675 B.C.E., the DEITY/GOD was addressed by the ancient Nile Valley Africans of Egypt and elsewhere as a "SHEPHERD." Thus it is we find the great scribe and most venerable sage, IPUWER, saying the following about God RÉ or AMEN-RÉ:
He is the Shepherd of everyone, in whose mind there is no evil. His herds are diminished, yet he has certainly spent the day caring for them.[/b]

We must remember that the entire human family is often said to be "THE NOBLE FLOCK." This is obvious in the following from the BOOK OF THE COMING FORTH BY DAY AND BY NIGHT.
Men, the noble flock of God [Ré of Amen-Ré] are well taken care of.
Even Barbera Mertz conceded this fact when she referred to the SUN HYMN OF RE as having the spoken words of RÉ; thus the ,
good shepherd who is tireless, capable and loving. ,
I am citing page 189 of her book, Temples, Tombs and Hieroglyphs: The story of Egyptology.

The extent of the cooptation and plagiarization of the Nile Valley Africans theosophical, theological and philosophical hypotheses by the ancient Haribu/Jews, and later the Greeks, et al, is best realized in reviewing the so-called "PROVERBS" attributed to certain jewish scribes, priests, kings, and others. Yet, we find most of them in the major works of an African genius named AMEN-EM-EOPE, which dates back to centuries before the authorship of the very first so-called "HEBREW PROVERBS" in the Holy Torah or Old Testament with its origin no earlier than ca. 700 B.C.E. Although I have already cited some of these comparative works in The Black Man of the Nile and his Family, pages 312भ?, and in many of my other publications.

I need just cite two such comparisons here; thus from PROVERBS, Chapter XXII, Verse 4:
Do not toil to become rich;
Cease from your plundering!
Do you eyes light upon it?
It is gone!
For riches make themselves wings,
Like an eagle in which flies to the sky.
The original in THE WISDOM OF AMEN-EM-EOPE recites the following:
Do not exert yourself to seek gain,
That your needs may be secure for you:
If riches are bought to you by robbery,
They will not spend the night with you;
At daybreak they are not in your house;
Their places can be seen, but they are not there!
They have made themselves wings like geese
And have flown towards the shy.
The Hebrews turned the "GEESE" into an "EAGLE"; another miracle by the Hebrew Deity Ywh! Quoting from another PROVERB, Chapter XXII, VERSE 24, we have:
Do not be friendly with a hot-tempered man
Nor go with a passionate man,
Lest you learn his ways,
And get a snare for yourself!

We find the original in THE WISDOM OF AMEN-EM-EOPE written thus:
Do not fraternize with the passionate man,
Nor go too near him for conversation,
Do not make him cast his speech to lasso you,
Nor be too free with your answer.
The Hebrews turned a "LASSO" into a "SNARE"; both having the same quality of entrapment.

[b]If I may take leave of your patience for just one more example; this time from the BOOK OF PSALMS of the Hebrews, and specifically Chapter 104, Verse 20, which states;
Thou appointest darkness, that it may be night,
In which all the beasts of the forest prowl;
The young lions roaring for their prey,
To seek their food from God.
Lest us ignore the fact that the Hebrew PSALMIST who wrote this one did not realize that "ALL THE BEASTS OF THE FOREST" do not "PROWL" at night. But, let us examine how the original source was distorted from a HYMN OF AKHENATEN; thus:
When you do set in the western horizon,
The earth is in darkness, liken to death.
Man sleep in a bed-chamber, their heads covered,
One eye unable to see the other.
Were all their goods beneath their heads stolen,
They would be unaware of it.
Every lion has come forth from his lair;
All the reptiles sting.
Darkness prevails, and the earth is in silence,
Since he who created them rests in his horizon[/b].
Colleagues, fellow faculty members of African Studies and Research Center, Cornell University, there could be no wiser manner to end this PAPER I have completed in honour of one of the Masters of our family, and a "giant" or "genius" in African History, Professor GEORGE G. M. James, but with the following from PSALMS, Chapter 104, Verse 24; thus:
How manifold are thy works, O Ywh!
All of them thou hast made by wisdom,
The earth is full of thy creations.
In the original text by AKHENATEN [in praise of his God] I found a "HYMN TO ATEN" which was often quoted by Professor James; thus the following:
How numerous is that which you have created
and hidden from view!
You, only God, there is no other like you.
You did create the earth according to your
own will, being alone.
The "ONLY GOD" to which Akhenaten referred, ATEN, he mentioned as such even before the birth of the Hebrew Prophet MOSES in ca. 1346 B.C.E.; Akhenaten having been dead from ca. 1352 B.C.E. All of this In Pursuit of George G. M. James' Study of African Origins in "Western Civilization."

there would be more to come
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 1:32am On Feb 13, 2008
here's some more striking similarities. coincidence??

http://www.egypt-tehuti.org/articles/egypt-bible-similarities.html
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by Nobody: 4:41am On Feb 13, 2008
someone is dying to be heard
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by luvus: 7:45am On Feb 13, 2008
nhmmm! so what do u want us to know?
hmmmm! ok keep sending your darts but the shield of faith will always stop it dead on its track cos we know that in Eph 6;
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
(KJV)

so all athiest you are welcome and remember He who began a good work in those that believe will complete it so keep trying cos that is wat u can do but the One that inspired men to write the Bible will defend it.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by KAG: 10:26am On Feb 13, 2008
bawomolo:

here's some more striking similarities. coincidence??

http://www.egypt-tehuti.org/articles/egypt-bible-similarities.html

Several are coincidental, yes. Most have been "doctored" to create similarities that aren't there.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by therationa(m): 10:36am On Feb 13, 2008
Bawomolo,

This is my current area of research. It is generally called the Jesus Mythicist Theory.

There are some good books/authors about this.

Earl Doherty
G. A. Wells
Robert M Price
Burton L Mack
Timothy Freke & Peter Gandy
Bishop Spong
etc
etc
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by eyebeekay(f): 10:38am On Feb 13, 2008
why are you so adamant on watevr it is ure tryin 2 do?, if u do not believe in God, dat is ur issue, dont take odaz wiv u, more importantly, don anger God(some of us believe in him)
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2008
Several are coincidental, yes. Most have been "doctored" to create similarities that aren't there.

u are right, some of the similarities seem like a stretch, but since Christianity was influenced by the egyptian coptic church, there could be some truth to this.

Bawomolo,

This is my current area of research. It is generally called the Jesus Mythicist Theory.

Earl Doherty
G. A. Wells
Robert M Price
Burton L Mack

i would try to read more about these guys and their book. i would be posting more articles for the people of the religion sub-forum to judge.

why are you so adamant on watevr it is ure tryin 2 do?, if u do not believe in God, that is your issue, don't take odaz with u, more importantly, don anger God(some of us believe in him)

why should i care about the feelings of something i don't believe him. i am not adamant just trying to get u christians out of your shell and think for once.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 13, 2008
therationa:

Bawomolo,

Earl Doherty
G. A. Wells
Robert M Price
Burton L Mack
Bishop Spong
etc
etc
Definintion of Mythology ->

"The word mythology refers to a body of myths/stories that a particular culture believes to be true and that use the supernatural to interpret natural events and to explain the nature of the universe and humanity"

Religion and Mythology ->

None of the scholarly definitions of "myth" imply that myths are necessarily false. In a scholarly context, the word "myth" may mean "sacred story", "traditional story", or "story about gods", but it does not mean "false story". Therefore, scholars may speak of "religious mythology" without meaning to insult religion
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 3:40pm On Feb 13, 2008
ABSTRACT

The story of Osarseph, preserved by Josephus and attributed by him to an Egyptian priest named Manetho, tells of the struggles between a rebellious Egyptian priest named Osarseph and a Pharaoh Amenhotep and his son “Ramesses also called Sethos”. Osarseph, according to the story, seized control of Egypt for thirteen years, instituted a reign of terror, and destroyed Egypt’s religious institutions. The pharaoh fled from Egypt and hid his son away for safety. Later, the son returned and expelled Osarseph from Egypt. This Osarseph, says Manetho, was Moses, the biblical hero.

Most Egyptologists and biblical scholars who study this report easily recognize that it tells of events during the reign of Pharaoh Akhenaten, but they uniformly reject the identification of Moses with Osarseph. By concentrating solely on the passage identifying these two figures as one and the same, however, I submit that scholars have overlooked many additional passages that have literary parallels in the biblical Exodus account, but which switch the role of villain and hero.

In this paper I will look at some of these parallel events and show that Manetho’s story of Osarseph and the bible’s story of Moses and the Exodus draw upon many of the same Egyptian literary themes. Among the issues examined are the hiding of the infant from the cruel ruler, the return of the infant later on to challenge the cruel ruler, the “seeing of god”, leprosy, and the city where the slaves worked. The paper will argue that the Exodus occurred during the coregency of Ramesses 1 and Sethos, and that the confrontation between Moses/Osarseph and “Ramesses also known as Sethos” arose out of a struggle for possession of the throne at the death of Pharaoh Horemheb. The Manetho and biblical stories each represent an attempt to identify the hero with the god Horus and the villain with the god Set.

http://ggreenberg.tripod.com/writings/w-osar-exod.htm

ABSTRACT

“These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens . . .” Gen. 2:4

The above quote from Gen. 2:4 introduces us to the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Many biblical scholars believe that the next few verses contain a slightly different version of Creation than that contained earlier in Gen. 1. What is especially unusual is the reference to the “generations of the heavens and the earth.” In the several other instances when Genesis says “These are the generations of . . .”, it refers to information about a parent and their children. This would imply that Genesis 2 is about the Children of the Heavens and Earth, a polytheistic throwback to an earlier cosmogony. But whose cosmogony?

This paper examines some of the verses and images associated with the story of Adam and Eve and compares them with elements in the Heliopolitan Creation myths. It will be suggested that Adam and Eve correspond in part to Geb and Nut and in part to Osiris and Isis. Additionally, it will be suggested that the three male sons of Adam and Eve—Cain, Abel and Seth—correspond to the three male sons of Geb and Nut—Osiris, Seth, and Horus.

Although the main thrust of the paper will be on the Adam and Eve story, the paper will also look at the first Genesis Creation account as well as the story of Noah’s Flood, originally, perhaps, a third Creation story, and suggest that the series of Creation stories in Genesis draws upon the Theban doctrine of Creation in which Amen appears in a series of forms representing the Memphite, Heliopolitan and Hermpopolitan cosmogonies.

The paper will examine such common themes as the stirring of the primeval waters, creation by word, the separation of heaven and earth, the rising of a firmament between the heaven and earth, problems of childbirth as a punishment for disobeying God, the bruising of the serpent from the tree, the enmity between the child and the serpent, the killing of a brother as an agricultural myth, the introduction of civilization, the building of the first city, and the relationship between the husband/brother and wife/sister with the serpent.

http://ggreenberg.tripod.com/writings/w-egypt-eden.htm
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 3:44pm On Feb 13, 2008
ABSTRACT

The bible makes reference to two separate women named Deborah. One was the nurse to Abraham’s son Isaac and the other was, in the much later period of the Judges, a military leader referred to as “a mother in Israel”. Both seem to have mythic images and both are identified with a particular Tree of Weeping.

The Egyptian goddess Neith has a reputation as both a military figure and as a mother goddess and nurse, characteristics that caused the Greeks to identify her with the goddess Athena. In Hebrew, Deborah means “Bee” and that symbol is closely identified with Neith. A Temple to Neith was called “House of the Bee”, and the Bee was the symbol of kingship in Lower Egypt.

In this paper I will argue that both Deborahs were mythological figures based on Hebrew recollections of the goddess Neith, the goddess who ruled in the area of Egypt where Israel dwelled in earlier times. In support of this argument I will draw upon some materials in Plutarch’s account of the Osiris myth, which suggests that Neith may have been associated with a Tree of Weeping. I will also make other mythological comparisons between Neith and the two Deborahs.

http://ggreenberg.tripod.com/writings/w-neith-deb.htm
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by Ferlie1(m): 3:47pm On Feb 13, 2008
bawomolo,

my question is offtopic. plz tell me what you believe in. are you an atheist or what?
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 3:59pm On Feb 13, 2008
my question is offtopic. plz tell me what you believe in. are you an atheist or what?

i was raised baptist but not am an atheist. any problems??

http://ggreenberg.tripod.com/101myths-book.htm
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by eyebeekay(f): 4:31pm On Feb 13, 2008
i was raised baptist but not am an atheist. any problems??

goody for you!! enjoy your new found faith, ALONE!!! and let christians, the bible and everything that has to do with the God (that you dont believe in), BE!!!

it's bad enough that you don't believe in HIM, it's worse that you're taking centuries and centuries of what we christians have lived by (and you at one point falsely lived) apart. Blasphemy (the sin against the holy spirit) is the only unforgivable sin by God (which means it doesnt go unpunished no matter how hard you pray), and you my friend are in too deep.

Let whatever you believe in save you.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 4:42pm On Feb 13, 2008
it's bad enough that you don't believe in HIM, it's worse that you're taking centuries and centuries of what we christians have lived by (and you at one point falsely lived) apart.

if ur faith and belief was that strong, it wouldn't be easy to tear apart. why do u christians feel so threatened. it was cool to make threads against muslims but now u guys can't handle the heat huh??

Blasphemy (the sin against the holy spirit) is the only unforgivable sin by God

if ur God is really a merciful god as he claims in the bible then no sin should be considered unforgivable. do u Christians actually read ur bibles??

Let whatever you believe in save you.

salvation is a religious term, what does that have to do with me
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by jagunlabi(m): 5:16pm On Feb 13, 2008
LMAO!Chistians!When they don't have a clue how to defend their faith,they resort to preaching.Haha!
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 5:34pm On Feb 13, 2008
LMAO!Chistians!When they don't have a clue how to defend their faith,they resort to preaching.Haha!

brother, it's a defensive tactic. they seem threatened by the influence of things they consider paganism(greek,egyptian and roman religious) on their faith.

here is a book that explains the relationships in detail. the Hebrews were influenced by egyptians to some degree.

[url]http://books.google.com/books?id=0VvVBgQhcw0C&printsec=frontcover&dq=bible+egyptian+mythology&sig=f6QrckyfE7_ixssapWmkGF5yyIQ&source=gbs_book_other_versions_r&cad=1_2#PPA7,M1[/url]
[url]http://books.google.com/books?id=8hoGAAAAQAAJ&pg=PA75&lpg=PA75&dq=bible+egyptian+mythology&source=web&ots=TvS6n0fQhv&sig=JHUlG-nIaLLZl-3oEyPaAIQIPuI#PPP1,M1[/url]

@therationa

you are more learned at this than me, can u drop some gems 2??
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 13, 2008
@bawomolo et al

There are two sources of truth about anything:

1) The observed fact(s);
2) The authority of the person who speaks (eg Einstein says that light travels in curves, and we believe)

It is obvious that:

a) You never met any author of the bible (hence you never observed the facts first hand);
b) You are not a bible scholar or authority of any sort;

Now, do you think anybody will take your word for it, regarding this insinuation of yours
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 6:47pm On Feb 13, 2008

a) You never met any author of the bible (hence you never observed the facts first hand);
b) You are not a bible scholar or authority of any sort;

a)alleged facts are easily verifiable under certain parameters, the bible tales aren't verifiable such as the flood or crossing the red sea aren't verifiable.

b) the claims of the bible have been torn apart by actual scholars with legitimate credentials(not the hovind kind)

c) the bible is an amalgamation of certain of texts, there is no one author, neither is their a standardized bible used by all Christian denominations

d) are u a bible scholar and have u met the author of bible either. then how are u an authority to speak on it's credibility?

Now, do you think anybody will take your word for it, regarding this insinuation of yours

threads like this are made to make u test ur faith and think logically. don't be a blind follower.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 13, 2008
bawomolo:
threads like this are made to make u test your faith and think logically. don't be a blind follower.

I suppose this is also why you joined forces with homosexuals You have lost your faith, not so??

If you have problems distinguishing a man from a woman, it will be difficult for you to understand the bible.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 7:05pm On Feb 13, 2008
I suppose this is also why you joined forces with homosexuals You have lost your faith, not so??

of course i support civil rights for homosexuals. are u scared of actually rebutting this thread.

If you have problems distinguishing a man from a woman, it will be difficult for you to understand the bible.

lol, typical christian cop-out. rather than counter a different viewpoint, u scream ignorance. i think someone has been backed to a corner. my next thread should be about noah's ark.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 13, 2008
When you finally sort out the basic difference between a man and a woman, then your posts will start making sense. Then you can start asking reasonable questions.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 2:05am On Feb 14, 2008
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by luvus: 8:48am On Feb 14, 2008
hi bawol
lol, typical christian cop-out. rather than counter a different viewpoint, u scream ignorance. i think someone has been backed to a corner. my next thread should be about noah's ark.

hello bawol

well no one is cornered we are taking our time to read wat u put up and trusting God for your answer. dont think we are intimidated or whatever but this will afford us the opportunity to straighten the records for you. well i really know u are out to still prove that God doesnt exist but dont worry it will soon be over. moreover it has already been written of our times
Dan 12:4
4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
(KJV)

so we are not at all intimidated we are in such a time.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2008
well no one is cornered we are taking our time to read what u put up and trusting God for your answer

how long does it take for god to give u an answer. is god still using pony express this day and age??

don't think we are intimidated or whatever but this will afford us the opportunity to straighten the records for you

why not seize the opportunity then??

so we are not at all intimidated we are in such a time.

pls refrain from preaching. either u have a rebuttal or u don't.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 3:09am On Feb 15, 2008
the hebrews didnt' really build the pyramids. sad

According to the Bible, "In process of time , the king of Egypt died," and there is no doubt that Moaes heard of his death and perhaps considered returning to his family in Egypt. Be that as it may, the decision was taken out of his hands by the spectacular vision of the burning bush on Mount Horeb, identified by biblical scholars with Mount Sinai. "And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of the bush, " He was told to remove his shoes because he was on holy ground -- a detail which has captured the imagination of believers, scholars and artists ever since -- and God commanded him to lead his people out of Egypt. "Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt." His own inclinations thus given reassuring confirmation, Moses, with God's guidance, set out on his journey to Egypt where he met his brother Aaron, whose eloquence persuaded the elders of the Hebrew community to adopt Moses' plan for their delivery out of Egypt, and "unto the land flowing with milk and honey".

Some of his people who felt economically trapped in Egypt, and no doubt felt resentful of their situation, were only too happy to fall in with Moses' plan. But it is difficult to picture all the Jewish communities in Egypt willing to abandon the country for an uncertain future. In fact, it is difficult to estimate the number that did. According to Exodus it was three million, but British archaeologist William Flinders Petrie suggested that the number was much smaller. He pointed out that the word alaf meant both "a thousand" and "a family" and, by calculating an estimated number of men and their dependents, he concluded that the number may have been nearer 27,000.

There is no evidence of this episode in Egyptian records, perhaps because people of different nationalities were free to come and go as they wished. Egyptians were unconcerned by the migration of a community of foreigners; they had abundant human resources of their own.

The Exodus and the subsequent 40 years' wandering in the wilderness have been a subject of debate since early Christian times. Hermits and monks who sought refuge from Roman persecution in the Sinai peninsula were familiar with the Old Testament story, but had no idea of the route taken by Moses and his people. The Bible refers to the "mountain of God" as either Horeb or Sinai, nowhere making clear whether this was a single peak, two different mountains, or even the names used by different tribes to describe the same mountain.

In the 19th century, when Sinai became popular amongst explorers in search of holy places, some effort was made to trace the exact sites mentioned in the Bible. These researches were based on documentary and inscriptional evidence, and on the geographical characteristics of the land. Among those who published opinions (that were each, in turn, refuted) were JL Burckhardt, E Robinson, HS Palmer, WH Bartlett, Flinders Petrie, Y Aharoni, CS Jarvis, C Beke, A Musil, A Lucas and D Nielson. No more agreement could be reached among modern scholars than among ancient hermits. Even the exact point at which Moses crossed to Sinai was a subject of dispute.

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2002/609/hr1.htm
http://www.nilekingdoms.org/journal2.htm
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by luvus: 8:08am On Feb 15, 2008
Hi balowo
oh common don't worry take it easy now? i have the choice of stating my believe whether you accept it or not. moreover the above finding (?) was not researched by you so you cannot hurry me be patient bros.

Well as I earlier said, the very purpose of which atheist hold such a belief is to first of all prove that God does not exist and secondly, what Christians believe as the physical evidence of God, i.e the scripture is a lie. Well that is the opinion and convictions of atheist.
But let me repeat what He said by inspiration through Paul

Rom 3:3-4
3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
4 God forbid: yea, l[b]et God be true, but every man a liar;[/b] as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. (KJV)

moreover, the reason of no belief in God nor His scripture is “Lets eat and drink and tomorrow we die”.

1 Cor 15:32
32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.
(KJV)

In other words, lets live as we choose with no concern about God, then after all we have done, we are just going to die. So this is the pattern of lie from the pit of Hell through atheist.

Now the coreness of the above question is to cast doubt at the very foundation of my belief in God which is the resurrection of Christ from the death, which you intend to prove that it’s a myth copied from Egyptian mythology. Well, again this is not new, Paul was also confronted about the resurrection of Christ, as in our day

1 Cor 15:12-58
12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. (KJV)
so we see here that he has stated that if it be true that Christ did not die but a myth as you claim it to be, then my faith is vain and I am still in my sin and of all men most miserable if my hope in Christ is only in this life. But Thank God he states:

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

So here I am assured that Christ did resurrect and if I die I will surely resurrect so I will not be an atheist who believe in living for this life only and “tomorrow they die” but look forward to the after life.

Now this is in no way to change the topic but to state “Let God be True and every man a liar” that is in this situation of mythology, I have a belief that Christ resurrected from the dead and as we continue in the discussion we will see who is the liar because the Egyptian mythology and the resurrection of Christ cannot be both [/b]true. So take solace in the fact that God in us is more than able to answer.

1 Cor 1:18-31
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
[b](just as atheist today seek)

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; (and also to atheist stumblingblock and foolishness)
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
(KJV)

1 Cor 3:18-23
18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
(I have choosen to be a fool then be wise)
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
21 Therefore let no man glory in men.
(I will not glory in atheist just mere men)
For all things are yours;
22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;
23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.
(KJV)

so i will take my time to answer,
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2008
so i will take my time to answer,

would u just admit u have no answer??
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by luvus: 8:16am On Feb 16, 2008
answer this

are you an athiest?
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by luvus: 8:17am On Feb 16, 2008
answer this

are you an athiest? just answer
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 9:14am On Feb 16, 2008
yes am atheist, now pls stay on topic.
Re: Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) by bawomolo(m): 11:21pm On Feb 16, 2008
come on guys, what do u think of the exodus story

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Honours Deborah Samuel Killed In Sokoto / Meet Prophet TB Joshua’s 3 Daughters (Photos) / My Church, First Baptist Abuja Shared Rice And 10,000 Cash To Ease Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.