Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! (13656 Views)

Mike Ezuruonye Speaks Chinese In Nollywood Movie / Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies / Top 10 Pirated Movies In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by baysol: 7:33am On May 24, 2012
You mean we should teach the would through high school movies how to cheat in exams. How teachers mess around with female students for marks and other pervertive tendences in Nigerian Education system. Mine is let the head that is sick (GEJ and his croonies) be healed first and the society sanitised then only then will I support these kind of films or movies. Haven't Nigeria tought the world enough negative lifestyle in witch craft which is now being revived worldwide and still spreading like wild fire because of uncensored NOLLYWOOD movies.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Mrs1(m): 9:36am On May 24, 2012
V_Official®:
@all,
The best way to make it in Nigeria (and in life) is not to expect any help i.e. dunno wait for nobody to help you..
The best way to do that, as an average Nigerian is to work on short plays (i.e. movies less than 30 mins [there are short films of less than a minute that wins award]).
With these few steps, i think you'll have a cute future in movie production...
1.) Try to buy/ steal a camera or a camcoder with at least 10MP, or buy a used one.
2.) If you can't afford that now, try to make friends with people that lease, a very good one is around 5K per day/2
3.) If you cant afford those stuffs, just hold on...
a.) write a very short script (browse the net or contact me to send some to you.)
b.) search the net or contact me to give you a list available short script competitions
4.) If you have your camera. Research on short film production (so far you started scripting without going to school, you can do this too)
5.) After that, call your friends and start working on it
6.) open a youtube account and do these
i). either make it secure or make it open(you can make money from your movies on youtube)
ii). either way, you are still good...
7.) Not forgetting the fact that you still have full moves O...
WHY I WENT THROUGH THAT IS BECAUSE, YOU CAN SELL SHORT FILMS, ENTER COMPETITIONS WITH SHORT FILM SCRIPTS, OR HAVE A BARGAINING POWER. CONTACT MOVIE PRODUCERS ABROAD AND GET THEM TO YOUR YOUTUBE PAGE TO SEE HOW VOOD YOU ARE, USE YOUR FILMS TO GET SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD E.T.C
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Nobody: 9:59am On May 24, 2012
baysol: You mean we should teach the would through high school movies how to cheat in exams. How teachers mess around with female students for marks and other pervertive tendences in Nigerian Education system. Mine is let the head that is sick (GEJ and his croonies) be healed first and the society sanitised then only then will I support these kind of films or movies. Haven't Nigeria tought the world enough negative lifestyle in witch craft which is now being revived worldwide and still spreading like wild fire because of uncensored NOLLYWOOD movies.
. you dont really get my point do you? My intentions is far from that, I have better message to pass across through the teenagers. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by VOfficialR(m): 10:42am On May 24, 2012
baysol: You mean we should teach the would through high school movies how to cheat in exams. How teachers mess around with female students for marks and other pervertive tendences in Nigerian Education system. Mine is let the head that is sick (GEJ and his croonies) be healed first and the society sanitised then only then will I support these kind of films or movies. Haven't Nigeria tought the world enough negative lifestyle in witch craft which is now being revived worldwide and still spreading like wild fire because of uncensored NOLLYWOOD movies.
Just like saying americans are advertising immotality, right?... when u c or hear new ireas from people interested in real change, dont criticize unless its constructive-, i'm sure you're one of those people that cant do without borrowing those "bad nollywood" film from ur neighbours tongue

1 Like

Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by adorebee(f): 12:49pm On May 24, 2012
@jenny,re u on BB?.pls inbox me ur pin on vyvyanukay@yahoo.com.I love ur guts.kip it up!!!and pls dnt listen to any1.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by gomajr(m): 1:12pm On May 25, 2012
I like some of the suggestions given by some peeps like v_official and some others. I like the fact that you talked on this. Its the same question i have asked for some time now.
I watch series and movies of from the US like Pretty little Liars, Jane by Design, Vampire Diaries, Switched at Birth, etc, and to me, i love them. The way the characters sell the stories, the accompanying music, the script.
The story does not always have to be about what message you get from it. It could simply be a story to relax the mind of whoever is watching it at that time.
I think like what someone said, start with a short film. By the time you do one or two of them, you would have started to understand a lot more on what to do and how and might have spiked interest in someone or some people who if you later go to meet them, they will be willing to invest.
I don't write screen scripts but i have believe i have an eye for Casting, directing etc. And if you want, we could talk and i will see how i can readjust my schedule to make out some time to give advice or help out in whatever capacity i could. my email is gomajr2001@yahoo.co.uk. So send me a mail, lets see how it goes. smiley
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by VOfficialR(m): 4:43pm On May 25, 2012
...so cute someone likes it.

@all, keep it flowing guys.. drop ideas and contribution, say whatever u're thinking out...
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by VOfficialR(m): 4:45pm On May 25, 2012
adorebee: kip it up!!!and pls dnt listen to any1.
including you? :-!
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by VOfficialR(m): 5:03pm On May 25, 2012
Hey guyz.... I jus remembrd som'n a friend of mine did buh i dunno if tz possible from Nigeria.

Abroad, like in america or europe-, you can serve as an intern in companies you desire... lets say u love a particular company, u can apply to them for internship (even with only high school diploma: our SSCE©: ) :::: I guess that might also be applicable for people interested in movie production [although, u still need to have some bargaining powers(when the short movies come in handy)]. Just search for, lets say....."movie production companies in New York". pick a company at a time, go to their websites... find and click where you can see "careers" or "job" or "work here".
After reading their criteria, make a cute and enticing CV/ resumé (research hard for that or contact me for advise), then... get a cute and also enticing "cover letter", "motivation letter" or whatever name tz given. Apply, stating bodly the link(s) to your youtube page(s).
...then, Pray hard to whatever or whoever you believe in-, coz tz not easy dealing with 'we' Nigerians.
Good Luck!!!!
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by adorebee(f): 2:06pm On May 26, 2012
ℓ☺ℓ @ V_official,I forgot to add negatively.U shld knw na.we ve started pinging already,pls inbox me ur PIN.Vyvyanukay@yahoo.com
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by baysol: 9:43am On May 31, 2012
V official: You hardly can distinguish between immorality and immortality and yet you want to comment like an intellect that you are not. why comment on issues you are incompetent to judgenor have a clue to decifer accurately. Alot of you guys cannot even atticulate on issues except to derail them because of their moral and intellectual ineptitude but want to be seen as a commentatator. If you must know,their are great stories that can come from high schools in Nigeria no doubt but most of our stories should not be centred on negative things as mentioned earlier as a lot of negative legacies have started doing their rounds in Nigeria education system nowadays.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by gomajr(m): 5:38pm On Jun 01, 2012
Why the negative talk and accusations. For me, when i watch a movie, its not about the message it teaches me. I just want to watch to relax my mind. Cant we have movies that are just mere creative thinking of the script writer and the director who presents the script to the audience? The other day i went to the cinema to watch avengers. It was fun to watch. With the action scenes and the dialogue which was hilarious. Forget about what is happening in the society or your houses or school and just create a movie to take your mind away from everything for the 90 mins or so that the movie would last. Or those movies where you are left to make your own conclusions.
Just enjoy yourselves. guys!
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by VOfficialR(m): 11:42pm On Jun 01, 2012
baysol: V official: You hardly can distinguish between immorality and immortality and yet you want to comment like an intellect that you are not. why comment on issues you are incompetent to judgenor have a clue to decifer accurately. Alot of you guys cannot even atticulate on issues except to derail them because of their moral and intellectual ineptitude but want to be seen as a commentatator. If you must know,their are great stories that can come from high schools in Nigeria no doubt but most of our stories should not be centred on negative things as mentioned earlier as a lot of negative legacies have started doing their rounds in Nigeria education system nowadays.
young man, people like us gain from people like you. learn to criticize constructively and make a reputable contribution to whatever ur cause is- so that everybody can gain from ur upgrade. produce the movies u will be proud of and i'm sure u'll become a chief in ur village in no time...

1 Like

Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Uniquexty(f): 11:23am On Jun 03, 2012
I'm a writer and i act. I'm so in2 dis. Smittedgold4joy@yahoo.com. Expectin a mail pls
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 20, 2012
Thumbs up @jennypinky. I just went through the page. Its amazing.I have 'liked' it already.I will also tell my frnds abt it.God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by tpia5: 8:32pm On Jun 29, 2012
we take a look at the Nollywood industry,we will discover they produce movies especially for adults. A glance at Hollywood shows they have numerous movies for adults as well as high school movies for kids and teenagers,but in Nollywood,high school movies are ignored

true.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by tpia5: 8:35pm On Jun 29, 2012
Jayboy124: I saw Champions of our Time and realised we could get even children who are very good actors.

If we have producer ready for real high school stuff, then the talent will be found. There are good actors in our secondary schools.

a lot of child actors in the US actually start when they're younger than that.

They feature in commercials, ads, etc.

btw, i noticed the nigerian media adverts have better looking nigerians in them than nollywood. Why is this so? Could it be because they have to stay ahead of competition and so cant afford to rest on their laurels? The production seems better, though i could be wrong.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by tpia5: 8:37pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ekowise: Very gud innovation my dear.
However, Nigerians ar d SHARP-SHARP money kind. Your idea wil cnsolidat nd sell at longrun very well. But Nigeria sponsor need ideas wit short tern pay.
But if u get sm1 who wil undastnd wht gud buz is all about 2 sponsor u,

true, true, true.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Barbielover: 12:20am On May 11, 2013
It's cool to introduce high school films in nollywood, because it make us teenagers discover our talents much younger. Watch a disneychannel show like shake it up, austin and ally, jessie,ant farm e.t.c. You'll see teens and kids doing great because they started it much younger. Kids and teens like me have the capacity to doing what kids do in u.s.a. It just that we don't value what we have here and we also do not develop it when there is a fault. By introducing high school films in Nollywood, encourage and develop teenagers and growing kids on how they do things and also develops their attitude and morals anywhere they go.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by VillageBoi(m): 7:42pm On May 11, 2013
Really interesting topic. It's a bit sad that most directors and producers use the same old ancient people in productions over and over again. If only they would step out of their comfort zone and take a risk.

I think someone earlier asked where would the lady get young actors from... Nigeria is full of them... and NO they don't have to already be trained just look at 'City Of God' as an example... they went into a Brazillian 'village' and used the kids they found there.
What needs to happen is a producer that can break away from the norn and a director that can ACTUALLY direct... to get the best out of anyone.

Additionally, TIME is an important factor... more than enough time for pre-production at least!
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by ohaleoghene(f): 10:22pm On May 11, 2013
This is a huge step . Am a script writer , and I write perfectly for all genre , ranging from science fiction , comedy , family to triller and many more ...jenypink, should you intend working with fellow writers , pls here is ,y emsil ohaleoghene@yahoo.com
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by baysol: 12:17pm On May 13, 2013
V_Official®:

young man, people like us gain from people like you. learn to criticize constructively and make a reputable contribution to whatever ur cause is- so that everybody can gain from ur upgrade. produce the movies u will be proud of and i'm sure u'll become a chief in ur village in no time...

What exactly is the nonsence yuo are saying perhaps the comment struck a cord in an unruly and uncultured type like you. You definitely have nothing to say. Why not then shut up.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by baysol: 12:18pm On May 13, 2013
V_Official®:

What exactly is the nonsence you are saying perhaps the comment struck a cord in an unruly and uncultured type like you. You definitely have nothing to say. Why not then shut up.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by baysol: 12:27pm On May 13, 2013
V_Official®:

Just like saying americans are advertising immotality, right?... when u c or hear new ireas from people interested in real change, dont criticize unless its constructive-, i'm sure you're one of those people that cant do without borrowing those "bad nollywood" film from ur neighbours tongue

Sometimes I get cold feet and impatient with our people because they lack the strenght to set bench marks and thus will clamour after american useless cultureless standards. What give you the impression that we aren't better than them? Simply because of your clamour for american way of life had coursed a whole nation(Nigeria)of formidable culture and tradition to completely derail in the cause of morality and human development.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by prof800(m): 2:05pm On May 14, 2013
baysol:

What exactly is the nonsence yuo are saying perhaps the comment struck a cord in an unruly and uncultured type like you. You definitely have nothing to say. Why not then shut up.

guy chill na.
it took you 12months to reply d guy, and u nor still forgive am. e nor gud ooo.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by VillageBoi(m): 3:28pm On May 14, 2013
prof800:
guy chill na.
it took you 12months to reply d guy, and u nor still forgive am. e nor gud ooo.

Prof na from your comment I just realise say this thread na from last year grin
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by prof800(m): 4:27pm On May 14, 2013
VillageBoi:

Prof na from your comment I just realise say this thread na from last year grin

my oga, na so.
with dis direction, it seems we should start expecting HIGH SCHOOL movies from nollywood..and it better be d ones that will be of cinema quality (not those idumota cakes)
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by VillageBoi(m): 8:56am On May 18, 2013
prof800:

my oga, na so.
with dis direction, it seems we should start expecting HIGH SCHOOL movies from nollywood..and it better be d ones that will be of cinema quality (not those idumota cakes)

Lol @ 'Idumota cakes' - all of us don chop am belle-full grin
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Tunmi(f): 5:48pm On May 18, 2013
This is a really great idea. I'd love to contribute any way I can: turayo.tijani@gmail.com

I would recommend starting with a web series.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trending Movie - A Man For Christmas By Gills Okeke (A Must Watch) / New Movie Titled Don Jazzy / Big Brother Africa 'The Chase' - Starts On May 26th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.