Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House (5134 Views)

Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. / My Mom Burst In While I Was Having Sex With My Wife. / I Mistakenly Impregnated My Elder Sister—man, 25, Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Switup: 6:42pm On Jan 04, 2012
PLEASE THIS SHOULD MAKE FRONT PAGE.
Fellow NLders, this is a true life story. My mom's elder sister who lives in Ireland gave us an uncompleted building to live here in Nigeria. Well before now when my dad was working in MOBIL, we lived in a comfortable well-funished four-bedroom flat and i even had my own room. However, the table turned when my anglical aunt told her sister(my mother) to leave our bliss to untold mystrey. Now i have to be fair; for 7 yrs we've not paid house rent but i tell you, for those years we've lived in an uncompleted house without electricity and water plus large quantity of insult to my dad especially. The other day i cried when she told my dad that he never has a house. Today this is what she told my dad 'you are so unreasonable, bla, bla, bla, For ur information you should know that you are living in my OWN house, bla, bla, bla, ' i guess it is because my dad isn't working that is why my family is swimming in oodles of insult. I cant write no more, let me go and weep my eyes out,
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Joel3(m): 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2012
Sorry dude! Is not the end of the road. Prayer and tithing anwser all things.
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 04, 2012
@OP
you are mistaking, your dad having no job is NOT the problem, the problem is that YOU ARE LIVING IN HER HOUSE!
she is the owner of the building and has all the rights to ask you to get out. you have lived there FREE for 7yrs, what more gestures from your aunt do you need to understand that she has been VERY kind to your family?!

if your family couldnt save money for your own home during all this "rent free" times (or when your dad worked at Mobil), then i suggest you blame YOUR FATHER.
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2012
I'm sorry, I have to agree with MrBrownJay.
It hurts but it's not your house. And I hope this doesn't break you but teach you lessons in future smiley.
Same thing happened to my dad, but thank God for a good thinking mum that had already pressured him to stop paying rent and get his own home when we were very comfortable. So half of our problems were solved.
So I hope you learn from your situation as you grow, shelter before any kind of luxury.

That was how a couple came to beg my mum to live in the house because she was travelling, telling her they would look after the house. She let them in. Months later she returned and the house was upside down. Everywhere stunk. She didn't say anything. Sebi you'd expect them to leave since the deal was for them to leave after she returned. Next thing they said they wanted to have a meeting with my mum, that they want to build a toilet in the room my mum gave them grin. My mum declined. So she said it started drizzling at that point, so she went to take in the clothes drying outside. The man started screaming that my mum is disrespectful, that how dare she walk out on him while he's talking. cheesy The story ended with my mum ordering them to leave anyway and the man making a nuisance of himself in the neighborhood.
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Outstrip(f): 12:01am On Jan 05, 2012
Are you not tired of people feeling sorry for yourself. You came here looking for pity. You should not be looking for pity. Your father has given up and you seem to be about to do the same do. Let your annoyance be used for something positive. You sound so "woe is me". That will not get you anywhere. What have you done to change the situation
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by bigbumper(f): 1:14am On Jan 05, 2012
Swit up:

PLEASE THIS SHOULD MAKE FRONT PAGE.
Fellow NLders, this is a true life story. My mom's elder sister who lives in Ireland gave us an uncompleted building to live here in Nigeria. Well before now when my dad was working in MOBIL, we lived in a comfortable well-funished four-bedroom flat and i even had my own room. However, the table turned when my anglical aunt told her sister(my mother) to leave our bliss to untold mystrey. Now i have to be fair; for 7 yrs we've not paid house rent but i tell you, for those years we've lived in an uncompleted house without electricity and water plus large quantity of insult to my dad especially. The other day i cried when she told my dad that he never has a house. Today this is what she told my dad 'you are so unreasonable, bla, bla, bla, For your information you should know that you are living in my OWN house, bla, bla, bla, ' i guess it is because my dad isn't working that is why my family is swimming in oodles of insult. I cant write no more, let me go and weep my eyes out,

Awww (((hugs))) to you, poo'e happens in that Country and your Dad probably lost his job due to no fault of his own and sunk into depression. . . What has happened has happened and i cannot claim to know how hard what you are going through is, and for 7 years too, wow, but in order not to pile more woes on your Father's head, could I suggest you and your siblings and your Mum try to maintain a composed demeanour when around your Dad, because i cannot see anythning more crushing to a caring man than not being able to provide shelter and food for his own cry So do you know what the next step is for you and your family now? How old are you? Please you need to let it all out so please come back when you feel things welling up inside you again cry
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Nobody: 3:55am On Jan 05, 2012
How old are you? What do you do?
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 05, 2012
...@@
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Aparche(f): 8:47am On Jan 05, 2012
@poster this your story is one sided, you are just trying so hard to portray your aunt as a very BAD person & garner sympathy for your family. Guess what? It is not working. You even sound as if you expected your "WICKED AUNT" to have completed her house, sunk a borehole & if possible put in a generator 4 your family to use (rent free). Wake up dear! your aunt has tried for your family big time, you didn't expect to live in HER house forever did you? She has to complete that building & she can't do that while y'all are still squatting there, can she?
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by blank(f): 9:02am On Jan 05, 2012
Somethings have to be said. Your dad was irresponsible not to have saved up money while working at Mobil. For a fresh graduate, the monthly take home is more than a fresh graduate banker takes home in a year. Now that all d abroad trips, fancy cars and such lifestyle is over, u cannot thank ur aunt for providing accommodation for all your asses for 7 good years? D reason d insult is coming n will not stop anytime soon is that ur aunt cannot believe that someone who used to work in Mobil is squatting in her house n is so ungrateful.
Will be back to continue my train of thought.
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Ivynwa(f): 10:33am On Jan 05, 2012
@Poster

Solution Baby! Solution!
I learnt from a motivational speaker (that has no two hands) that when faced with problems that the best thing to do is to work at finding the solution to the problem and not bemoaning the problem.
Your Popsie should quickly find the solution and you can see how you can help him in the ways that you can while he is doing that. Other posters have already made you understand that a person that harboured your family for 7 years did you a great favour, the house is hers and now that she wants it back there is nothing your family can do than to find another place.

I understand that you are not feeling good about the turn of events, hugs to you.
Discuss
the "solution" to the problem with Popsie.
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 05, 2012
I empathise with you and your family. This is a tough situation and your father has obviously given up.  All i have to say is dont give up. if you can help your family raise some money i.e if you are of age even if its a 1 room apartment you guys should move out of your aunts home try not to be hard on her not everybody can handle helping other people for too long infact most people cant.

Nothing last forever. This situation will soon be over so do not beat yourself down while you are in it.
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Switup: 11:03am On Jan 05, 2012
Thnx to all who saw d matter from different points of view. Bt lemme mak one tin clear: im not tryin to paint ma aunt with a bad color(i mean she's ma blood 4 life), the fact is dat im angry cus she maks us feel so inferior at any slightest tin. ANODA tin i wan2 mak clear is dat 10 years after my dad lost his job my mom was and is still d breadwinner(though we are warned severely nt to spill it out) plus ma aunt told us dat living in d house wud mean being caretakers to avoid 419ers to ovatake d house.(those of you livng in PHC knos wat am saying) and nt as those who were homless. Well i tink this will do. Hamattan don even catch ma hand sef. Ha ha.
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by blank(f): 11:15am On Jan 05, 2012
So cos u guys are "caretakers", your aunt should provide electricity and water to you guys for free? Since, you are not homeless, why not move into your own accommodation and you no longer need to listen to insults from your aunt. When you were living in your four bedroom, did your aunt come there to insult you? No! So chose one, either the insult or the free house.

This should be a warning to us all. When the money is coming in thick and fast, please build your own house so if, God forbid, you lose your job, no one will insult you when giving you free house. It is called priorities.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 05, 2012
Well I asked for your age guess you dodged that one and like someone said you really came out here to seek for pity, well I ain't giving it to you. For how many years we've not had electricity bla bla bla, how much is electricity bill in Naija that you people canno afford. Someone gave you a roof over your head for 7 years thinking that you guys will get back on your feet but Mba, you sat your lazy azz down to tell nairalanders that you used to live in a four bedroom apartment wih your own room, sharappppplop my friend angry . 7 fcking years and you people cannot pay for water or electricity bill? You expect your aunt to pay your bills for you untop free accommodation? Ungrateful set of wussies angry

Comot for my face let me see road. Oga victim when you cry finish , dry ya eyes with a LIFE
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 05, 2012
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Aparche(f): 3:07pm On Jan 05, 2012
@poster: Is your dad bedridden or , (just curious) 'cos 10yrs seems a long time for him not to have found something doing.It looks as if he has given up & chosen the lazy[s][/s]easy way out; leaving all responsibility for the wife. The way I see it, your mom cannot bear the additional responsibility of getting a house/apartment for your family & the insult will definitely keep coming until y'all pack out. So what can YOU do to help? (are u still Schooling? How old are u?). May be you can ginger your dad to rise up & be a man.
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by moremi2008(m): 4:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
Wait a minute, your parents let you live in a house without water and electricity for 7 years?!!!! How did you even find money to get on the internet?! How old are you? Your story is jaw-dropping but not for the reasons you think.
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2012
Swit up:

Thnx to all who saw d matter from different points of view. Bt lemme mak one tin clear: im not tryin to paint ma aunt with a bad color(i mean she's ma blood 4 life), the fact is dat im angry cus she maks us feel so inferior at any slightest tin.

aint you inferior? why is it so wrong for her to remind you WHAT YOU ARE? if you dont like it then DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR LIFE. . . . . . . .  become SUPERIOR. but as long as you shack on her property then you will remain inferior, and you beter ACCEPT IT.

ANODA tin i wan2 mak clear is dat 10 years after my dad lost his job my mom was and is still d breadwinner(though we are warned severely nt to spill it out) plus ma aunt told us dat living in d house wud mean being caretakers to avoid 419ers to ovatake d house.(those of you livng in PHC knos wat am saying) and nt as those who were homless.

i doubt your parents would have moved into your aunt's house, if they had the means to live somewhere else. why should that be your aunt's fault?
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Sarpino: 9:29pm On Jan 05, 2012
Swit up:

Thnx to all who saw d matter from different points of view. Bt lemme mak one tin clear: im not tryin to paint ma aunt with a bad color(i mean she's ma blood 4 life), the fact is dat im angry cus she maks us feel so inferior at any slightest tin.  [b]ANODA tin i wan2 mak clear is dat 10 years after my dad lost his job my mom was and is still d breadwinner(though we are warned severely nt to spill it out) [/b]plus ma aunt told us dat living in d house wud mean being caretakers to avoid 419ers to ovatake d house.(those of you livng in PHC knos wat am saying) and nt as those who were homless. Well i tink this will do. Hamattan don even catch ma hand sef. Ha ha.

Maybe if you have not been hiding that your mother is the breadwinner, your father will have found a job a long time ago. What you people are doing is what some psychologist will call enabling. You think you are helping him but you are really making the situation worse. How can a man not have a job for ten years, living in his sister in law's house and he is happy with himself. It is your mother I pity because people will be looking at her with the same irresponsible eyes they are looking at your father and they won't know she is the one sustaining the family.

Let us even leave that matter to the side, which mouth will he be able to use to tell his male children to work hard and be somebody to be proud of when he has been sitting at home doing nothing for ten years? It is time for women to start shinning their eyes well oh, look at the man your future spouse is calling father and see if you will be proud to call that person your husband.
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by dayokanu(m): 10:00pm On Jan 05, 2012
That your aunt is a bad woman ooooo

Ah ah wicked person So she cant allow you to live there for life? No be people dey dash people houses?

Did she provide bed for you or chairs in your house? If not she is evil. Doesnt she know Port harcourt is hard to survive.

Whats the big deal? She cant even tell Ireland NEPA to connect your house to Ireland grid?, She cant even lay pipe to Atlantic Ocean to give you water?

What else? She cant even pull your organs out to help you urinate, She cant even help you open your mouths to put food inside.

God save us from wicked Aunties

Shebi you just lived there for ordinary 10yrs, I know Mama Audu she was allowed to stay for 200yrs in her sisters house

2 Likes

Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by ikamefa(f): 10:43pm On Jan 05, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^ " shocked " grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Outstrip(f): 3:00am On Jan 06, 2012
Don't mind Dayokanu. He is a very wicked somebody grin
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by moremi2008(m): 3:28am On Jan 06, 2012
dayokanu:

That your aunt is a bad woman ooooo

Ah ah wicked person So she cant allow you to live there for life? No be people dey dash people houses?

Did she provide bed for you or chairs in your house? If not she is evil. Doesnt she know Port harcourt is hard to survive.

Whats the big deal? She cant even tell Ireland NEPA to connect your house to Ireland grid?, She cant even lay pipe to Atlantic Ocean to give you water?

What else? She cant even pull your organs out to help you urinate, She cant even help you open your mouths to put food inside.

God save us from wicked Aunties

Shebi you just lived there for ordinary 10yrs, I know Mama Audu she was allowed to stay for 200yrs in her sisters house

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is why I wanted to know the OP's age. I think she is very young and doesn't realize how immature and silly she sounds complaining because her aunt's 10-year benevolence is about to expire.
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by Switup: 8:50am On Jan 06, 2012
Im laffin here. Okay lemme see, wia shld i start frm. @poster who asked of ma age sori i dn'nt tell u.was of NL then.
@poster who ask'd wia i had d cash 2 browse d internet, i used 2 b a jambite and i wrked 4 moni
@poster who tink im ungratful for 7yrs of no rent, permit me 2 say that ma aunt is d bst tin dat has eva happened to me.BUT lemme mak a point; she has washed ma family 2 d dust. Lik one morning, we were awoken by a terrible bang at about 6am wen we hurried out it was an uncle. Ma mom gt upset and asked him y he was bangin dat loud his response was wich house my sista hous? Ma frnd open this gate wen we informd ma aunt she said sorry but he's right its ma house,
@op who ask'd wat ma family has bin doin 4 d past 7yrs, lemme resurect d past i have buried. For d fist 4yrs we acquied a land, 17mnths lata d govt of rivers stste bgan 2 mak a grter port harcourt and our plot of land was affected. 120days lata ma mom lost her job and 4 2yrs tins ddnt agur well. +t was at dis point som1 introduced me 2 NL to laff d weight off. Well if ma aunt was as useless as som op made it sim, how wud ma family hav paid rent 4 two yrs?
Finally im vry grateful 2 al who said 1 tin or d oda. And bside i no xpect evrywho 2 undastnd ma tori afta all no be evrywho wey undastnd JESUS
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by bigbumper(f): 9:26am On Jan 06, 2012
^^^
Hehehe I am loving this swit up girl already and she is only still a teenager, way to go girl cheesy

Hey sweetie, I understand you are only here to use this outlet to let off steam and cry. . .I also understand that your Aunty only let you have the place because she would have lost it to the omo oniles aka tout who would have sold it, HENCE REASON SHE LET YOU MOVE IN AS CARETAKERS. And since it is just solely simply a case of "one good turn deserving another, she has no right to keep rubbing it in your Daddy's face when for all you know your Dad could either be suffering from Chronic Depression which most Nigerians wouldn't recognise even if it smarked them in the face or who knows if it is JuJu sef, which again most Nigerians will dismiss with their "small pickin nor sabi melecine dey call am vegetable" mentality, so once again CHIN UP babes kiss   

Ouch, na me sef first ask of age embarassed embarassed angry angry angry grin cheesy
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by bigbumper(f): 9:55am On Jan 06, 2012
Oh, and one more thing, you should be proud of your Daddy, we all know how Nigerians only like scrambling to work in Banks and the Oil and Gas sector, which is harder to permeate than the proverbial camel sliding easily through the eye of the needle, so for him to have at one time been able to work for Mobil, is a mean feat, so try to draw strength from this to carry on and hold your head up high. No condition is permanent I bet you know, and like they say,  the cornerstone of yesteryears. . .

Anyway, off to "The Ivynwa, Jennykadry and Busybody thread", although Ivynwa has not shown up since the thread was opened, anyway reminded us she was too classy to be show up to such lipsrsealed Ha that reminds me to ask for Jennykadry's medication to be trebled because she keeps seeing stuffs and is convinced she has seen Ivynwa on the same thread at least five times, I worry for her sometimes tongue
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by ifyalways(f): 11:06am On Jan 06, 2012
@OP,what really do you want from NLDers?To rent a house for you,encourage you,insult your aunt or

Get off the net,hustle hard and clean and help your family.
You guys can start off with a decent mini flat or a bungalow @ low cost places like Obigho,Ogbunabali etc.

Self pity does not help anyone,I've seen people(male and female) leave home after sec. school for hustling.Manna stopped falling from heaven with the death of Moses
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by blank(f): 11:42am On Jan 06, 2012
She wants us to tell her aunt to stop insulting them. All I can say is, stop giving her a reason to insult u guys.
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by freecocoa(f): 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2012
OP this your tori na wa sha,I must say i understand perfectly well the picture you are trying to paint.
Your aunt maybe or may not be a bad person,allowing you to live in her house doesn't prove anything.

All you need do is work harder to make your family better and if your family is tired of the insults,then you people should move out. I won't fail to say, whatever her motive is for giving you the house is,the gesture should be appreciated,atleast you didn't bother about paying rent for 7 years,that's something.
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by dayokanu(m): 5:53pm On Jan 06, 2012
Op,

Do you have a boyfriend? If not I would introduce you to Mr Cork, he is very rich

Charge him heavy dowry and use to money to get accomodation
Re: My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House by bigbumper(f): 8:43am On Jan 16, 2012
angry angry  angry Jeez, daaaaaaaaaaang, who moved my cheese, who freaking moved my cheese from the spot I left it  angry angry angry

Wow some "men" can be so petty, self-centred, self-absorbed and self-centred sha, SMH. I wrote a 500 line epistle consoling a very very very young teenage lady in our midst, yet cos of just a single line RIGHTLY calling someone two-faced, he got this removed under the pretext by BLATANTLY LYING that I was insulting Jaybee and Sauron, arghhhhhhhh, selfish selfish, selfish.

Someone is seriously gagging for it cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help: Married In Diaspora / Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans / Potty Training - Your Expert Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.