Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Kaka Named Fifpro World Player Of The Year. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kaka Named Fifpro World Player Of The Year. (914 Views)

FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist / Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Ronaldinho Vs Kaka Vs Thierry Henry, Who Is Better? / Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaka Named Fifpro World Player Of The Year. by topeorekoy(m): 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2007
AC Milan forward Kaka has been named FIFPro world player of the year.
The 25-year-old Brazilian claimed the accolade after 45,000 members of the players' union voted in the awards, which are in their third year.

He said: "I am humbled to receive such an honour. To follow my good friend and such a great player as Ronaldinho makes this a very special award."

FIFPro World XI: Gianluigi Buffon (Italy/Juventus); Alessandro Nesta (Italy/AC Milan), Fabio Cannavaro (Italy/Real Madrid), John Terry (England/Chelsea), Carles Puyol (Spain/Barcelona). Steven Gerrard (England/Liverpool), Cristiano Ronaldo (England/Manchester United)Kaka (Brazil/AC Milan), Lionel Messi (Argentina/Barcelona), Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast/Chelsea), Ronaldinho (Brazil/Barcelona)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7030442.stm

Re: Kaka Named Fifpro World Player Of The Year. by sosa08(m): 6:26pm On Oct 05, 2007
I Love this boy. He is the greatest for now
Re: Kaka Named Fifpro World Player Of The Year. by akinalabi(m): 9:57pm On Oct 05, 2007
Well deserved.

No questions
Re: Kaka Named Fifpro World Player Of The Year. by ritchboi: 10:53pm On Oct 05, 2007
wat r canavaro/gerard/messi doin on dat list?
Re: Kaka Named Fifpro World Player Of The Year. by McOmo(m): 11:08pm On Oct 05, 2007
Must u always query dis things ? Kaka, way to go bwoy and feels cool remembering that ur fantabulous outings against the scummies were d highpoints of ur year !
Re: Kaka Named Fifpro World Player Of The Year. by tkb417(m): 9:35am On Oct 09, 2007
@Mc OMO
i dont know why Ritcboi feels he knows more than those that picked the players. kaka is obviously the best last season.
Im thinking probably because cech was injured last season, thats why he wasnt named the best goalie. He is the best in 3 seasons now i think(personal opinion)

@Dayokanu
where is phillip lahm, and all your hitler friends? nowhere to be found grin grin grin They are not good enuff. Im so hapi for that list. gerrard and Terry made the list. 10x to baba God for helping me ridicule you big time. grin grin grin
Re: Kaka Named Fifpro World Player Of The Year. by A40(m): 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2007
Yes what is Cannavaro doing on that list? what did he do this year? Kaka was obviously the best no question.
Re: Kaka Named Fifpro World Player Of The Year. by tkb417(m): 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2007
Cannavaro thats really true.
Re: Kaka Named Fifpro World Player Of The Year. by dayokanu(m): 7:06am On Oct 10, 2007
@TKB,
You Know football now, which full back did you see in the line up all of them Nesta, Canavaro, Terry and Puyol are all central defenders so how do you arrange that team?

That is the Fifpro list and it is okay by me. Of course gerrard a world class player by my standard and Terry are there. But only KAKA could have won.
then my personal opinion I don't know if Buffon was evaluated from serie B? or just based on previous performance so with Canavaro
Re: Kaka Named Fifpro World Player Of The Year. by tkb417(m): 9:43am On Oct 10, 2007
@Dayokanu
i agree no fullbacks on that list. Zambrotta should have been selected instead of Puyol, Carvalho instead of Cannavaro and of course CECH is the best goalkeeper in the world.
Buffon's selection is the joke of all time. SERIE B. den dey craze
CECH will cancel Buffon at any minute.

Dayo im sure we have analysed this issue before, we have seen the best of Buffon very well and ive been following his exploits right from his tender age but i dont see him near CECH lailai.CECH is a genius when it comes to goalkeeping
Re: Kaka Named Fifpro World Player Of The Year. by akinalabi(m): 12:07am On Oct 11, 2007
A-40:

Yes what is Cannavaro doing on that list? what did he do this year? Kaka was obviously the best no question.

If you notice the trend as regards the selection of
for this award, the previous winner is usually shortlisted.

Why? I don't know. But it happens every year.

Akin Alabi
Re: Kaka Named Fifpro World Player Of The Year. by cooljoe(m): 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2007
Well what did you expect, Kaka was simply in a different world last season, more than deserved, my only complain is why wasn't Totti shortlisted, that guy has done well, time for some recognition.

(1) (Reply)

Akeem Olajuwon Voted Into Nba Hall Of Fame(Well deserved, what do u think?) / Should Barcelona Buy A World Class Keeper? / Reasons Why Drogba Should Not consider Returning To Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.