Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? (4528 Views)

How Can I Revive My Fallen Bosoms After Nursing Two Children? / Does This Kind Of Love Still Exists? / Fallen Out Of Love With Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Minx1: 10:32am On Jan 05, 2012
I have been married for almost five years now but I don't love my husband the way I used to anymore. I have fallen out of love, literally. I cringe when he touches me and I just pretend that everything is fine but it's not. It's like he can sense how I feel because at the moment he seems to be loving me more than ever, offering to cook for me, running my bath etc, things he last did a while back. He tell me he loves me everyday and I say it back BUT i don't mean. I feel so unhappy, why? undecided He has cheated on me before and I found about it, he apologised and promised to stop seeing the girl. I think he did stop. I also cheated, he never found out about it but I since stopped seeing the guy but I just feel so miserable everytime I'm with him although i just pretend to be happy. undecided

How can I solve this one, I want to be out of this relationship but I don't know how to go about it. undecided
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Aparche(f): 11:08am On Jan 05, 2012
I don't understand, what exactly do you want to solve? Because it's like you have made up your mind to end the marriage.
I don't see how I can help you with this.
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 05, 2012
Lol the sex with the othe guy was better wasn't it? I don't know how a sane woman would wanna get back at her husband by cheating on him? You are sick, very sick and so is your husband

And yea, I remember your story from last year
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 05, 2012
...@
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Minx1: 1:16pm On Jan 05, 2012
Aparche:

I don't understand, what exactly do you want to solve? Because it's like you have made up your mind to end the marriage.
I don't see how I can help you with this.

Yes I have made up my mind but what is going to be my reason for ending the marriage. There are lots of people involved, his family, mine, what do i tell them. He has not done anything wrong how would i justify such a big move
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Minx1: 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2012
jennykadry:

Lol the sex with the othe guy was better wasn't it? I don't know how a sane woman would wanna get back at her husband by cheating on him? You are sick, very sick and so is your husband

And yea, I remember your story from last year

Yes it was, much much better probably because it was forbidden. You know what they say about forbidden fruit.

I didn't cheat to get back at him, it just happened, I didn't plan for it to happen and it's the past now.

If concluding that I am sick will bring you joy then, why the hell not?
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Minx1: 1:26pm On Jan 05, 2012
chaircover:

First step is to talk to him about how you feel. You are both going to have to sit down and thrash things out. The fact that you both had affairs shows that there are deep seated problems in the relationship so you both have to address those. You are both going to hear things that you don’t like but that is the only way forward.

Now if you are looking for the butterflies in my stomach, I sit by the phone all day long waiting for him to call, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up each time I hear his voice 5 years into marriage then I am sorry to say that you won’t get that, maybe that is why you got bored and decided to have an affair but I am sorry to tell you that if that is what you are looking for, you will have to have an affair every year for the rest of your life

What you get from long term relationships instead is a deep seated love, warmth & affection for each other & you almost blend into one and the same person. This is what people mean when they say soul mate. That is why people sometimes say that couples who have been married for long begin to look like each other. Its not that they look like each other, it’s just that they have kind of merged into the same person with their views, body language, gesticulations, choice of words etc and they can communicate across the room without even opening their mouths.

Marriage however doesn’t have to mean boring and you can still put the spark back into it by getting out and doing things together. The best thing you can do is to invest in is a good baby sitter. The kids came after the marriage and shouldn’t be the only focus of the marriage; this is a mistake that many people make. The more things that you do together as a couple the more closer you will become. Rediscover each other; court each other again & make out time for each other. Slow down on other not so important things like housework etc. Yes I said Housework!!

I know that I am making it sound easy. It is not o!! . . . And it will take time and a lot of hard work on both sides and you will probably need the help of a professional marriage guidance counsellor to help you both. But give it a try before you both throw in the towel.

Thank you for your response.

I have previously asked him what he would think or how he would react if I told him that i had fallen out of love (we were watching a movie along those lines) and he said he would appreciate the honesty but would really be hurt. I really don't want to hurt him, he has had a difficult childhood and even his years at varsity were not the best as well and doing this to him now feels so cruel.

Of late we have been doing the outing thing, movies even clubs together but that spark is not coming back on my side. He seems very happy with the way things are at the moment and breaking this, I am so scared
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 05, 2012
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by ronkebp(f): 3:49pm On Jan 05, 2012
So if i get you right, Minx, you want to leave your marraige because you don't love your hubby anymore?

My dear, marraige is not all about love, there are other things and aspects involved in marraige, do you expect the ''spark'' to be on forever? Nope, for the fact you are living in the same house everyday and doing the same thing everyday, is enough reason to get bored, but being bored is not a good reason to leave your home, do you think you will find a man that would make your stomach turn upside down because of ''butterfly feelings'', yes you may but how responsible will that type of man be?, would he love you as much as you love him?, most times that ''type of love'' and marraige do not go together, and that is why we hear so much complain about marraiges these days, My dear open your eyes and make wise decisions.
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by ronkebp(f): 4:11pm On Jan 05, 2012
^^^^^ Richy you don come again, with feminism remark, grin grin grin grin grin grin abeg this na New year, cool cool cool cool read her other post as well.

~Minx~:

Yes it was, much much better probably because it was forbidden. You know what they say about forbidden fruit.

[b]I didn't cheat to get back at him, it just happened, I didn't plan for it to happen and it's the past now.[/b]If concluding that I am sick will bring you joy then, why the hell not?
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by ronkebp(f): 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2012
Richvkunt:

Ronke,
Read the bold part again.
This woman is a disgrace and does not know her role in life!

So do you want to judge her now, because of her mistake?, if that is so, then the whole world would be judged, we have all erred in one way or the other, she realised her mistake and stopped . Life continues jare, cool cool cool cool cool
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by ronkebp(f): 5:03pm On Jan 05, 2012
Richvkunt:

^^^
If a man did this you would all be on his d1ck.
Right now it is a female,so we need to be understanding and forgive and forget.
Talk about double standards!

Nope!!!! it is more about ''realisation'', you would notice in my post i did not mention her husbands infidelity and hers, when i was meting- out words to her, i just focused on her reasons for wanting to leave her marraige. Sometimes we all grow up and learn everyday, gone are those days, i would be tearing my womanhood because a man dey cheat, na another person pickin, if they failed to receive proper training form their parents on how to keep their kondo in their pants, then that is not my duty, my duties are to train my kids in the best possible way with help from God, so that they would be very use-ful to themselves, society, generation and above all family.

so my dear, Nairaland has really opened my eyes to some things.
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 05, 2012
ronkebp:

Nope!!!! it is more about ''realisation'', you would notice in my post i did not mention her husbands infidelity and hers, when i was meting- out words to her, i just focused on her reasons for wanting to leave her marraige. Sometimes we all grow up and learn everyday, gone are those days, i would be tearing my womanhood because a man dey cheat, na another person pickin, if they failed to receive proper training form their parents on how to keep their kondo in their pants, then that is not my duty, my duties are to train my kids in the best possible way with help from God, so that they would be very use-ful to themselves, society, generation and above all family.

so my dear, Nairaland has really opened my eyes to some things.

Nice one.
It is better to tell the truth than a lie.
Some other females will lie that they have learnt nothing from NL.
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by armyofone(m): 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2012
if money is the problem, forget it cuz tough time don't last. if s.ex is the problem, why not show him how to do it the way you want? if you are falling out of love with him, girl the grass is not greener out there fa. take a vacation, work on your relationship and grow old together.
No one can ever make you happy so do what you love to do and stop being miserable.

give it another chance for the fact that he is loving right now.
i wouldn't say divorce him because he is not abusing you, so relax.
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Aparche(f): 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2012
~Minx~:

Yes I have made up my mind but what is going to be my reason for ending the marriage. There are lots of people involved, his family, mine, what do i tell them. He has not done anything wrong how would i justify such a big move

Do you have Children? (I hope not), I think you are making a big mistake; why should you leave him just b'cos you don't feel any more "spark" in your marriage considering that he's trying so hard to make it work. How sure are you that the "spark" with the other guy will last.
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by ifyalways(f): 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2012
Love is not all there is to marriage,I'd keep saying this.When the love waxes cold,the bosoms drop and fly,the blokos shrivel and it takes alot more work to get 'it' nod. . .other things like mutually shared interests/hobbies,great communicating,maturity etc are the ingredients that would help one to hold on,swim through the tides and still come out fine,together as one.

@OP,i'd say give it a shot one more time.We all fall in and out of love sometimes but at the end of the day,we look at our partners eyes and see reasons to stay put.
If however you think you've done it all,tried it all and still feel its NOT worth it then goodluck with your "walking away" plans.
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by ifyalways(f): 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2012
Love is not all there is to marriage,I'd keep saying this.When the love waxes cold,the bosoms drop and fly,the blokos shrivel and it takes alot more work to get 'it' nod. . .other things like mutually shared interests/hobbies,great communicating,maturity are the ingredients that wud help one to hold on,swim through the tides and still come out fine,together as one.

@OP,i'd say give it a shot one more time.We all fall in and out of love sometimes but at the end of the day,we look at our partners eyes and see reasons to stay put.
If however you think you've done it all,tried it all and still feel its NOT worth it then goodluck with your "walking away" plans.
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by no1madman(m): 11:23pm On Jan 05, 2012
~Minx~ link=topic=839319.ms cry cry cry cry cry cry cryg9900169#msg9900169 date=1325765965:

I didn't cheat to get back at him, it just happened, I didn't plan for it to happen and it's the past now.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed kiss kiss kiss cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by dollya(f): 12:57am On Jan 06, 2012
communication is d key. share ur feelings, concern n disappointment with ur hubby and also try to see him as the man you fell in love with . i wish u happiness in any decision u make. cheesy
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Minx1: 2:16pm On Jan 06, 2012
ifyalways:

Love is not all there is to marriage,I'd keep saying this.When the love waxes cold,the bosoms drop and fly,the blokos shrivel and it takes alot more work to get 'it' nod. . .other things like mutually shared interests/hobbies,great communicating,maturity are the ingredients that wud help one to hold on,swim through the tides and still come out fine,together as one.

I think I have tried it all but it doesn't seem to be working, he on the other hand is really trying to make sure that I always have a smile on my face BUT I don't, nothing he does seems to be working for me. I feel so bad
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Minx1: 2:18pm On Jan 06, 2012
dolly a:

communication is d key. share your feelings, concern n disappointment with your hubby and also try to see him as the man you fell in love with . i wish u happiness in any decision u make. cheesy

Thank you
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by agiboma(f): 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2012
It seems you have made up your mind to go so thats what you should do. Keeping in mind that you very well may NOT find what you are looking for out there. Let's say for example you leave him a few months later you find a great guy, ohhh everything in the relationship is great its the best ever! Then a few months later the spark goes away what are you gonna do then leave him also? IMO you need to probably work on yourself and see what is lacking, i dont think your hubby is the problem as he is trying his best atm, i think its you and you need to work on yourself. Wishing you the best of luck
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by HISchild: 1:11am On Jan 07, 2012
@op,

you're to love and submit to your husband unconditionally. "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them." - Col 3:18-19
Try reading the word of GOD and praying together. "Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." - Matt 19:6
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Russialane(m): 1:15am On Jan 07, 2012
@ poster this woman has no idea of what marriage is all about , the grass is not greener on the other side and be very careful  so that you do not bring shame upon yourself and your family you have quickly forgotten your marriage vows so soon , for what? my dear think carefully aND BE WISE at this stage it is not about you anymore there so much at stake and remember you are a woman you cant eat your ckae and have it sometimes , make the best of what you have and stop deceiving yourself.
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Nobody: 1:48am On Jan 07, 2012
Minx. it's all psychological. the guilt you feel and the resentment towards him is becoming unbearable.
I am not suggesting you just "dump him" with little to no regard for his feelings but neither of you deserve what you are doing. You both are living a lie and i think you should talk to him if he is someone that you feel would be understanding or won't completely jump over the edge. If not then perhaps get a third party involve (a trustworthy relative or marriage counselor) to help resolve the issues or to help you end the marriage. undecided

i really don't know what else to say. i've been there but i am not quite sure how things are done in Nigeria in regards to marriage issues/divorce/reconciliation. No offence! undecided
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by amtheone(m): 8:12pm On Jan 07, 2012
@Op, problem identified can b solved, reverse all ur actions and u will discover dat u are bck on track,
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Mayflowa(m): 3:09am On Jan 08, 2012
I wish the husband was not trying so hard to please her. The more he does, the more u feel tired of him. Unpredictability substain a relationship.

The key problem for her is sex. This is very important for a woman especially when you know there is a better person out there. It seems she is in bondage now. She ate the forbidden fruit!

one simple trick: tell your husband not to close his eyes during sex no matter what. Report back to me.
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by moremi2008(m): 5:05am On Jan 08, 2012
This woman has a lot more issues than we are addressing here. Mrs. CC and Ronkebp, please come back and re-do your advice; your previous ones were inadequate and will lead her to a failed, miserable life.

Why do I think you have deep-seated issues that won't go away even if you leave your current husband?

1) You can't renege on your marital vows simply because you have "fallen out of love". I don't know what type of marriage you had, Xtian or Muslim, but romantic love is only a small part of a marriage union. Like someone said earlier, what if you fall out of love with the next guy you meet? Are you planning on being a serial divorcee? Do you plan to have kids in the future? What about the kids?

2) So you also cheated on him but he doesn't know? And how many times have you made him pay penance for sins you are also guilty of? Women like you dey scare me oh. There is nothing like cheating "just happening". Why do women like to lie to themselves? You heart and body were ready to cheat and you took advantage of the next available man.

3) Nowhere in all this have you mentioned God. What role does God play in your life? What/who is filling the vacuum in your heart that only God can fill? Is this REALLY the issue? What has your pastor/religious leader said about this?

Overall, I don't think you should have gotten married in the first place. I am just not sure you have a full understanding of what marriage is about and you have not surrounded yourself with wise, experienced women mentors that can give you a lesson and reality check. You must know this though: you will be making a TERRIBLE mistake if you leave your husband's house because you have "fallen out of love". Except there is something else you aren't telling us. Good luck!
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Shanay(f): 5:23am On Jan 08, 2012
I do not believe that you can fall in or out of love. I think you make a conscious decision to love or not to love. You have made the decision not to love your husband any more for whatever readson. Now you should choose if you want to love him again and make it work. If so then get some counseling for yourself and find out what your issues are and work through them. Also get couples counseling. If you choose not to love him then divorce him and move on. simple as that.
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 08, 2012

I Have Fallen Out Of Love

Food for thought -->

You are never in love with anyone;

You are only in love with your prejudiced and hopeful idea of that person;

And you[b] fall out of love[/b] when that IDEA CHANGES.
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Russialane(m): 10:28pm On Jan 09, 2012
'@op you need counselling.
Re: I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? by Genius100: 12:52am On Jan 10, 2012
Kai, poor man. The man is busy killing himself to make his woman happy and the same woman is proclaiming she's fallen out of love. Listen, feel free to leave the man, and let the real players run up in your to-to without mercy. I'm pretty sure that will give you back the butterflies feeling in your stomach. Free the guy and let him find a more deserving woman. Go find you a gigolo that will nak you well, take all the money you have and spend it on girls his age,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Landlady Diging ground at Midnight / How Come Men Don't Wipe After Peeing? / Family Members Have Disowned Us” - Nigerian Lady Dating Her Twin Brother Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.