Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage (5788 Views)

To All Artistes Take Advantage Of This Great Offer / Upcoming Artistes : Get Free Music Promotion Deals From Musicpromoter9ja / Lami's Album -"intuition" Free Music Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2012
I am a young guy passionate about music . I don't mean the kind of noise polluting our airwaves this days which make's an "accomplished" musician produce a whole album using just one progression SMH. I understand these people might not go beyond Nigeria and if they do they will only appeal to "Nigerians" only wherever they go or at best musically myopic lot's.
I am not a music grad infact I am a masters degree student of engineering but I belong to an orchestra  group that has music graduates, music instructors and people who have written books . I really look forward to that period when Nigerians will wake up to the idea that music is beyond singing and realise the beauty of  "disciplined music".
  I know you are already thinking I am a classical person but you are wrong I have my roots deep in contemporary as the first and my most proficient instrument is the Guitar(lead , base, acoustic). but the exposure to classical music has broadened my horizon . imagine I just took delivery of like 20 musical books on guitar, saxophone , violin , and piano which I would NOT have been able to make use of if I was not exposed to classical music.

So this thread is about those who want to learn to play an instrument , are already learning to play and those who think they can never learn to play. I never thought I would be good on any instrument but I do jazz now .
   You can ask any question I will answer it as best as I can and I wish musically sound people too will grace this thread cos I got questions too . Thanks.

Please add me on whatsap 08185480919 or bbm 7a879a12

4 Likes

Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by sayosalt: 12:43pm On Jan 05, 2012
Guy you need to put me true BASE i like to learn.

I have learnt it before but what remain is how to follow song ''bass guitar'' and i have a box quitar at home.
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 05, 2012
yep, seems we are about starting. I always advise anybody that wants to learn anything guitar to start with an acoustic guitar because it gives you a lot more ingenuity when you want to start rephrasing peoples songs or writing your own songs. If you want to just learn to play the bass It will take you a shorter time but I tell you it will become boring cos it will be impossible for you to express your self cos you will have to cram bass lines if you wat to take the short cort which I do not advise anyway whatever you decide I am here to guide you. so get back when you decide.

1 Like

Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2012
@sayosalt it's good you have an acoustic so answer this qtns.
1. Can you acompany a simple song correctly using the right chords? Cos before you could move to base lines your ears should have been trained first.
Well here is a teaser.
Give me the progression of this popular song.
Jehovah you are the most high jehovah you are the most high God.
As in maybe 1 2 6 1 where 1 = doh, 2 = rah, 6=lah.
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by MrResource(m): 7:35pm On Jan 05, 2012
i love this cheesy
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by sayosalt: 7:09am On Jan 06, 2012
Guitarlife, thanks. My ear have not been trained, i only leanrt how to play beats and run figgering. Can we do a physical training for a short term and what is it going to cost let me know.
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 06, 2012
@sayosalt I now understand where you are coming from and please pay rapt attention to what I am about to say to you now.
one thing that I have noticed common to all aspiring instrumentalist is the eagerness to hear them selves play something sensible and It is really good but without the guidance of an experienced hand this eagerness becomes their undoing most times. This is because most of the time the guys who teach are only after your money
which is quite unfortunate. They will not tell you that you will need atleast 6months to lock the basics down. Now how the hell will some one even agree to teach you how to run scales without even knowing what chords are SMDH.
You need to undersand that Music is one of the few things in life that does not have shortcuts and I am going to repeat that again with Music there is no shortcut but unlike everyother thing the most difficult is starting but afterwards its bliss. So I am going to start you from the basics right here and if you show enough attitude I'll send you some materials to help you.
Forget learning Base guitar now by the time you get your ears trained you will have been poperly equiped to express your self on the base WITHOUT ANYBODY TEACHING YOU WHAT TO PLAY.
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 06, 2012
We are going to start with scales. and we are in the key of C (never mind).

simple blues or diatonic scale--1 or C, DOH, 2 or D, RAY, 3 or E, ME, 4 or F, FAH, 5 or G, SOH, 6 or A, LAH, 7 or B, TE, 1, DOH(UPPER) repeating, RAY, ME e.t.c,

The chord system is in thirds e.g 1-3-5 i.e(pick 1 skip 2 pick 3 skip 4 pick 5) = doh , me , soh. so when ever you play a C chord or doh chord (if playing in the key of C)you are playing 3 notes i.e DOH, ME, SOH (C-E-G) simultaneously.
I will do the next one and I expect you to submit the rest as your assignment,

2-4-6 i.e (pick 2 skip 3 pick 4 skip 5 pick 6) = RAY , FAH , LAH so when ever you play a D chord or ray chord (if playing in the key of C)you are playing 3 notes i.e RAY, FAH, LAH (D-F-A) simultaneously.

Assignment 1 spell out the other chords.
assignment 2 google their shapes practice holding them down properly if you have any problem bring it up otherwise holla me whe n you are done and we will move on to PROGRESSIONS and you won't believe what your hands are capable of.
NOTE You should google those chord shapes and we are dealing with "neck chords now" be sure they are neck chords and be carefull to ensure that your guitar is well tuned , I am awaiting your feed back.

again the chords are 1 C Major neck chord D minor neck chord E minor Fmajor G major A minor B minor (the minor, major part is very important) e.t.c goodluck.
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by sayosalt: 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2012
Ok, thanks i will do that when i get home am at work now. I shall print it, study it and summit the answer to you if not today may be tomorow becos i shall be going to studio after work.
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2012
ok so make sure you observe the fingering of the strings that will be indicated on the material you eventually get. Be patient and strum down those chords in this order.
1. C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C-D-E-F-G-A-B e.t.c
Then when you are done try this
2. C-G-D-A-E-B then repeat. It's called circle of fifths and it helps you have a good command of jazz.

4 strums in a bar e.g bum bum bum bum (change) bum bum bum bum (change) e.t.c.
try this links http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_chord
http://gosk.com/chords/basic-c-chords-for-guitar.php

stay with the link on the BASIC CHORD SECTION on the second link it is loaded and google the correct fingering for those chords.
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 06, 2012
what the heck I typed chord f-i-n-g-e-r-i-n-g and i am seeing manipulation in my reply, ahahahaaa it's either seun lives in a monastery or he is a monk in a budha temple.
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2012
@sayosalt I am greatly disappointed that you have failed to attend class for a week now. So much for your zeal for music. Truth is to be a mediocre musician ain't beans talkless of a seasoned one. Submit my assignment before I loose my temper. Ok the answer to my earlier teaser is this.
All songs are written in a particular form or progression for that song (Jehovah you are the most high 2x God.) it has three forms i.e A1, B2, A3, B4.
A1 = Jehovah (Doh chord)
B2 = you --->most high.(fah chord)
A3 = Jehovah(Doh chord)
B4 = you--------->high God.(soh chord up till God then doh chord)
There4 your baseline for the A1(Doh note). For B2(fah note.). For A3(doh note). For B4(soh up till god then play doh note) play like this first.
Jehovah fah fah doh doh soh soh doh doh. (base region of ur acoustic). Good luck but not jonathan. I am awaiting your feed back.
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Reuben2012(m): 4:16pm On Apr 30, 2012
I also have this flair for guitar and this makes me to buy a boxguitar in 2008 and i ave been learning since then up to date but due to that i want to go to sch i stop learning cos every year i want to sit for jamb or postjamb i do put in my best cos but all the same no admission till date an d i ave this flair for guitar and i want to be educated pls advice me
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Nobody: 11:20am On May 01, 2012
@reuben you see music is quite easy to combine with your education because it relieves stress so it's not like you are doing another round of studying. I play a lot of instruments and yet I am running my masters program in engineering full time in a federal university and I still cope with my studies the two most important ingredients for a good musician is tenancity and instructional materials with this two sky is your limit. Ok, where are you based or which town are you now maybe we could work something out. If i can't hook you up personally i got a lot of friends scattered around who are good with their instruments and i could introduce you to them .
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Reuben2012(m): 3:22pm On May 01, 2012
I am very please with ur response well i base in ibadan around apata area. i also want someone like u to be my friend and my mentor cos i ave this dream to be an educated guy and also to be a guitarist.i read some of ur post u posted on NL what i will tell u is to thank God for want u are today an what u are going to become tommorro but i beleive that u are giong somewhere, so where u are now that is where i want to be.thanks
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 01, 2012
Aaaaawww!!! You got me blushing. Well, thank's for the compliment and I do understand perfectly just how you feel. Reminds me of when I had done a lot to secure an admission to pursue my masters abroad with a 50percent schorlarship too only to be told by my dad that I had to do the masters in nigeria and maybe my PhD would be abroad all thing's being equal. I was so depressed and disorganised but I think I am really enjoying myself now . I have since realised with unfolding event's that some seeming setback's may actually be God setting you up to achieve your destiny cos between that time and now I have so much advanced in my quest to make my dreams become reality which might not have been possible had it been I had rushed out of nigeria. I said all this to make you realise that the best thing to do in the face of a 'recession' is to stay calm and calculated whilst believing that Jesus is there in the boat and I pray he will give you a testimony. Now to music, i was based in Ibadan for a lil while but now i have relocated to ogun state because of the pressure of my masters which is full time but i still come to ibadan occasionally though. But for a start I will drop the number of a friend here for you he run's an orchestra group with a rich ensemble(a group of classical insturmentalists like violin, clarinet, trumpet, sax) and I used to be a saxophonist with them when i was in ibadan and he also has a music institute although, if you tell him you are from the guitarist that used to play sax for them (i don't want to put my real name here ) he will take you in. You have the advantage of meeting alot of diverse instrumentalist and you can then decide what you wanna learn. I learnt so much from them too in three months so just be ready to work hard at it here's the guy's no 07031195676 and his music institute is called Higro and here's my own no too 07032035317.
Reuben2012: I am very please with ur response well i base in ibadan around apata area. i also want someone like u to be my friend and my mentor cos i ave this dream to be an educated guy and also to be a guitarist.i read some of ur post u posted on NL what i will tell u is to thank God for want u are today an what u are going to become tommorro but i beleive that u are giong somewhere, so where u are now that is where i want to be.thanks
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Reuben2012(m): 6:22pm On May 16, 2012
Hello i hope all is well with u over there i ave called the guy an he has promised me to hook me up when next there will be aving their next meeting.thanks alot
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 17, 2012
Where is everybody gone ?
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by nellaluv(f): 9:53pm On Nov 14, 2012
I'm here *waves*

Na who go teachi me ohh cool
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Nobody: 5:48am On Nov 15, 2012
nellaluv: I'm here *waves*

Na who go teachi me ohh cool
So it was you. Heheehheheee you've bursted.
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by chintzs(m): 10:13am On Nov 15, 2012
Hi pls i was just going through ure post,and it captivated me.i have this strong feeling for music,cause since i was introduced to it ,i had always had this unquenching love for it..i really would love to know bout it..the theory aspect and the rest pls...i play the drum kit,but as an intermediate..would really need someone to look up to...n i think yu would just be the right person for me..i live in lagos,and am a teeneger(17) years of age
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2012
chintzs: Hi pls i was just going through ure post,and it captivated me.i have this strong feeling for music,cause since i was introduced to it ,i had always had this unquenching love for it..i really would love to know bout it..the theory aspect and the rest pls...i play the drum kit,but as an intermediate..would really need someone to look up to...n i think yu would just be the right person for me..i live in lagos,and am a teeneger(17) years of age
Try and call the otrher number posted there (not mine o). The guy rolls in lagos too, he is a good pianist.
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Hardfact: 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2012
cool Teacher, what's up? Really love what you're doing here. Keep up the good work.
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2012
Hardfact: cool Teacher, what's up? Really love what you're doing here. Keep up the good work.
You are welcome man, anything I can do for you ? I'll be glad to help.
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Hardfact: 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2012
Thanks.
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by mindtricks: 9:25am On May 18, 2013
@Op Guitarlife, such a nice thread. Wanna learn. Way forward please. Tnx.
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 18, 2013
mindtricks: @Op Guitarlife, such a nice thread. Wanna learn. Way forward please. Tnx.
where are you based ?
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by mindtricks: 8:41am On May 20, 2013
Guitarlife: where are you based ?
Eko.
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by mindtricks: 1:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
Guitarlife where are you?
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
mindtricks: Guitarlife where are you?
i am in abeokuta now oo.
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by mindtricks: 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2013
Guitarlife: i am in abeokuta now oo.
How fa na, how e wan be? Or make I relax till u'r back frm Abkt?
Re: Free Music Insturment Training And Resources Available Take advantage by hwealth(m): 10:52am On Dec 20, 2013
Guitarlife: Where is everybody gone ?

Guitarlife you are the best for me to take training for Guitar. Please let us talk.

Lov.myne@facebook.com
Timilehintestimony@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD New Music: Asa – Broda Ole / Panshak 'ice Prince' Zamani Loses Hypertensive Mom. / Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.